The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Henry don begin wahala between emself and Arsenal. E don poach well regarded youth Keame Ampadu, father of Chelshyt starlet Ethan Ampadu, to join am in Monaco.

Not sure how that will play with the Arsenal brass ... siddon look
For me, it is an Emenalo move, not Henry.

Waffiman, are you ignoring my PM messages? :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: E be like say you don hammer again with Unai o!
Whoops! I am so sorry. I have not looked there in months.

Will be looking and responding ASAP.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

"James Olley: The decision to terminate negotiations was taken by more senior figures than head coach Unai Emery"

There you have it. The decision to remove Ramsey's contract off the table has nothing to do with Emery.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Robbynice wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Armenia)
In one of the biggest shocks in recent years, Mkhitaryan’s Armenia became the first team in history to lose against Gibraltar who are ranked 198th in the world out of 211 teams. Mkhitaryan lacked quality and drive – 4

:boo: :boo: :boo:
You act like Armenia themselves are world beaters... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Yeah but to lose to Gibraltar ????

Anyway you prolly no sabi wetin Gibraltar be sef :taunt: :taunt:
Baba I no even sabi wetin Armenia be sef so IMO same no ni... :taunt: :D
Armenia losing to Gilbratar is what in Ilorin we refer to as Kuru pa kuru...birds of the same.feathers
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

oloye wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
In one of the biggest shocks in recent years, Mkhitaryan’s Armenia became the first team in history to lose against Gibraltar who are ranked 198th in the world out of 211 teams. Mkhitaryan lacked quality and drive – 4

You act like Armenia themselves are world beaters... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Armenia losing to Gilbratar is what in Ilorin we refer to as Kuru pa kuru mi oni se be mo...birds of the same.feathers
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

One player who Mertesacker thinks can provide valuable experience and knowledge is goalkeeper Petr Cech.

The 36-year-old former Chelsea player has won the Premier League four times, which - as Mertesacker pointed out - "not a lot of the current Arsenal squad could say".

Cech has previously questioned Arsenal's mentality, claiming the need to play stylish football had been more important than victory.

"Cech's background at Chelsea, that is the way he won," said Mertesacker. "You can feel when we went there it was always tough and we struggled to deal with the intensity and that defensive ruthlessness.

"We can take that on. We have to learn and adapt to what Chelsea have brought."

Mertesacker added Arsenal are starting to get rid of the "nice way", and are winning despite not playing particularly well.
Since opening the season with back-to-back defeats, the Gunners have won nine matches in a row and are fourth in the Premier League
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Waffiman wrote:"James Olley: The decision to terminate negotiations was taken by more senior figures than head coach Unai Emery"

There you have it. The decision to remove Ramsey's contract off the table has nothing to do with Emery.
Hey Brah: @MrArsenicTM - Oct 12
"James Olley: The decision to terminate negotiations was taken by more senior figures than head coach Unai Emery although he was consulted over the Ramsey situation."

Telegraph: The withdrawal of the offer of a new four-year contract was the result of Emery’s assessment of Ramsey and, crucially, the club’s reluctance to give the midfielder, who currently earns a little more than £100kpw, the pay rise he was seeking.
----------------------

Mirror: #AFC wage bill is running at record levels and Emery is believed to want to make more of his own signings next summer. Committing to a huge outlay on Ramsey's new deal wages would eat into that fund and is believed to be behind the contract offer being withdrawn.

Whichever way we pitch the ball - this gaffer on closer inspection wasn't going to bat for Ramsey - Aaron & his agent played themselves since AW offered a contract extension way-back-when but they opted for the Ozil/Alexis playbook - i ain't buying into the rumours 'bout
Real_M, Juve, Chelsea, L'Pool - let's see the 300k someone feeling to pay dude.
No diss tho - for real
C.O.Y.G!!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kajifu wrote:One player who Mertesacker thinks can provide valuable experience and knowledge is goalkeeper Petr Cech.

The 36-year-old former Chelsea player has won the Premier League four times, which - as Mertesacker pointed out - "not a lot of the current Arsenal squad could say".

Cech has previously questioned Arsenal's mentality, claiming the need to play stylish football had been more important than victory.

"Cech's background at Chelsea, that is the way he won," said Mertesacker. "You can feel when we went there it was always tough and we struggled to deal with the intensity and that defensive ruthlessness.

"We can take that on. We have to learn and adapt to what Chelsea have brought."

Mertesacker added Arsenal are starting to get rid of the "nice way", and are winning despite not playing particularly well.
Since opening the season with back-to-back defeats, the Gunners have won nine matches in a row and are fourth in the Premier League
Defending as you know was the problem - you can play nicely as long as you defend.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

oloye wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Armenia losing to Gilbratar is what in Ilorin we refer to as Kuru pa kuru...birds of the same.feathers
Fact not feelings as in Kpom Kwem!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tolahs wrote:
Waffiman wrote:"James Olley: The decision to terminate negotiations was taken by more senior figures than head coach Unai Emery"

"James Olley: The decision to terminate negotiations was taken by more senior figures than head coach Unai Emery although he was consulted over the Ramsey situation."

Telegraph: The withdrawal of the offer of a new four-year contract was the result of Emery’s assessment of Ramsey and, crucially, the club’s reluctance to give the midfielder, who currently earns a little more than £100kpw, the pay rise he was seeking.
----------------------

Mirror: #AFC wage bill is running at record levels and Emery is believed to want to make more of his own signings next summer. Committing to a huge outlay on Ramsey's new deal wages would eat into that fund and is believed to be behind the contract offer being withdrawn.

Whichever way we pitch the ball - this gaffer on closer inspection wasn't going to bat for Ramsey - Aaron & his agent played themselves since AW offered a contract extension way-back-when but they opted for the Ozil/Alexis playbook - i ain't buying into the rumours 'bout
No diss tho - for real
C.O.Y.G!!!!
Emery give the go ahead for the decision, he had two players he want either to replaced Ramsey.
Emery also knows Ramsey can be better than he is,Ramsey will not go to a small club,Manu,City,Pool,Real,Juve,Chelsea will come calling when he is free.He will be wanted because of been free agent also
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Captain Koscielny and Ainsley Maitland-Niles are back in training.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ojafranpa wrote:Captain Koscielny and Ainsley Maitland-Niles are back in training.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Like I said if we keep a tied ship just stay behind leaders we stand a chance :clap: :clap:
Now our players are back at t he right time,will not rush them allow them get to full fitness before playing EPL game.Europa and league cup games coming up are easy games.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:

----------------------

No diss tho - for real
C.O.Y.G!!!!
A few lies with that pitch. I have posted the wage bill here for Arsenal many times and how it has grown over the years especially when compared to our competition.

But the club's PR division has sold some real pokies in recent days. First, Emery was not consulted before the contract was disgracefully withdrawn.

Then, there us an even bigger lie. The idea that they withdrew the contract because they are broke. I find that an insult to my intelligence. They even claim tge need to sell Mohamed Elneny to free up space on our wage bill.

Arsenal do not need to sell players to “save on wages”. What gets me is the same gutter press running this stories are the ones over the years that have heavily criticised us for not paying enough, for paying far too low.

The idea that Arsenal will go broke unless they sell is a big fat lie. Arsenal's accounts are there for all to see, they are easily one of the best run football clubs in the game. They currently have the 5th highest wages in the league, and their wages to turnover ratio can only be compared to ManU and Spuds because these are the only clubs with a self sustainability as their models. Man City, Chelsea and even Liverpool have gotten help from their owners financially, they are not self sustaining.

Every club in the EPL is running wage bill at record levels, thanks to record TV deals, so why is John Cross in the mirror trying to make out like it is only Arsenal?

Why don't they admit they are doing this on the cheap? They want to save money to pay off Kroenke's loans?

So where have these stories come from and why? The Kroenke's are trying to con the fans, but it will backfire. I have said it here many a time, they are trying to do this on the cheap. It must work or else.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Wow Henry this guy playing with the emirate faithful. :boo: :boo: He did not even call the man who help him be a legend :boo: :boo:
New Monaco boss Thierry Henry says Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola will be a key influence as he begins his managerial career in France.
Henry, who began his professional playing career at Monaco, has returned to the French side as their manager after the club sacked Leonardo Jardim.
The 41-year-old played under Guardiola during his time at Barcelona.
"Pep is the reference, for me," said Henry. "The invention he had in the game; he's well ahead of the game."

Henry has signed a deal until June 2021 and left his role as Belgium's assistant manager to take up the post.
"There's no right or wrong; that's the reference for me," he said of his intention to emulate Guardiola's approach. "We learnt how to play the game when I went to Barcelona under him.

"With Pep you can talk about the game; he will not even go to sleep and will still talk about the game, you will fall asleep and he's still talking.

"You learn from people; they inspire you. But you also need to put your own little mix in it."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Henry on Wenger's influence: "If I talk about Arsene, he taught me how to be professional. He unlocked a lot of stuff in my mind. I will never forget that. You know the relationship I have with him. I will always carry some of the stuff he taught me"

Henry on Guardiola's influence: "Pep for me is the reference. I re-learned how to play the game at Barcelona under him. Pep talks about the game. You will fall asleep & he is still talking. Some of his invention – he is well ahead of the game. I saw it closely"

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 1539793877
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Thank God he say something about Boss Wenger,i was like this guy play just two season under this Pep and all of a sudden Pep is the real deal.
Any well I will not take anything away from Pep,i think Henry will likely call Wenger when things get tough on how to carry on,Wenger in return will do it for free...

Also news around is that Wenger was in Madrid this last weekend and might be consider for the Real job if things get bad for the new coach,Bayern coach also under pressure
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Former Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says he expects to be back in work on 1 January and has received offers from "all over the world".
The 68-year-old ended his 22-year reign at Arsenal at the end of last season.
Wenger does not yet know what his next job will be, but said a role with an association, national team or even a return to Japan, where he coached Nagoya Grampus Eight, are all possible.
"I feel rested and am ready to work again," said the Frenchman.
Wenger began his managerial career at Nancy before spending seven years with Monaco, where he won the French title in his first season in charge.
A short spell in Japan followed, before Wenger began his 22-year tenure at Arsenal in 1996 - winning three Premier League titles and seven FA Cups.
"I believe start again on 1 January. I don't know [where] yet," he told German newspaper Bild.
"There are associations, national teams, it could be also in Japan.
"From my 22 years at Arsenal, I have big experience on different levels. There are enquiries from all over the world."

Nigeria FA should go for Wenger or my USA,
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Uncle Aniks no go like this...
Wenger also said Germany need Mesut Ozil, his former playmaker at Arsenal, to return to the team.
The 30-year-old called time on his international career after falling out with the national federation.
"I believe that Germany needs Ozil. I hope that [manager] Joachim Low can convince him that he will come back," said Wenger.
"Ozil is a super football player, was not the worst in the World Cup. I did not love that he left the German national team.
"I love it when the players are as good as possible. He loses a bit if he does not play at an international level."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Arsenal have joined AC Milan and Inter in the race to sign Cagliari and Italy midfielder Nicolo Barella, 21 who is tip to replaced Ramsey that the wife gave birth to twins over the weekend
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Wales midfielder Aaron Ramsey is set to leave Arsenal for Everton on a free transfer in the summer, with the Goodison Park club ready to offer the 27-year-old a £15m signing-on fee.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Former Arsenal midfielder Robert Pires says the Gunners will "100%" finish in the Premier League's top four this season,that if the coach push the players hard they will fight for the league.He believe the Gunners can win the league depend on what the coach believe.

Are no be talk am say we fit win this league if we believe and Emery tied things up at the back?
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

kajifu wrote:Former Arsenal midfielder Robert Pires says the Gunners will "100%" finish in the Premier League's top four this season,that if the coach push the players hard they will fight for the league.He believe the Gunners can win the league depend on what the coach believe.

Are no be talk am say we fit win this league if we believe and Emery tied things up at the back?
Please can you provide the source for all these rumors you're posting? Thanks.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

The Boss has still got it! :thumbs:
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Unai Emery on Arsenal fans singing "we have our arsenal back" at Fulham:

“I am not agreeing totally with the response of the supporters."

BBC Football.

Unai Emery on #Arsenal fans singing "we have our arsenal back" at Fulham:

Unai Emery on #Arsenal fans singing "we have our arsenal back" at Fulham:

https://t.co/5qY8zjPkzo