Nigeria Vs Jpn King Fayed Cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

imehjunior
Egg
Egg
Nigeria Vs Jpn King Fayed Cup

Post by imehjunior »

"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria Vs Jpn King Fayed Cup

Post by ohenhen1 »

Where can I buy that jersey?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

ohenhen1 wrote:Where can I buy that jersey?
From anyone selling it :sneaky: :taunt:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Nigeria V Argentina . The best match in the same tournament.

[/video]
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Sir V wrote:Nigeria V Argentina . The best match in the same tournament.

[/video]
Kai, this was in the days when we were Nigeria and were known for our attacking football. See constant pressure and attack from our men. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Baii
Egg
Egg

Post by Baii »

Boy oh boy
I get chills again watching this squad
Talk about a TEAM
“A fanatic is one who entrenches himself in invincible ignorance.”

― OSWALD CHAMBERS, Baffled to Fight Better
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Baii wrote:Boy oh boy
Talk about a TEAM
I tell you!
These guys were so confident.
Fearless.
I don't think we fully appreciated them at the time.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

Damunk wrote:
Baii wrote:Boy oh boy
Talk about a TEAM
I tell you!
These guys were so confident.
Fearless.
I don't think we fully appreciated them at the time.

YEAH! TOP CLASS TEAM!!!
thanks
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

That's the generation that some CE clowns were calling overrated. Their glaring confidence alone tells you the whole story.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

YemiBrazil wrote:That's the generation that some CE clowns were calling overrated. Their glaring confidence alone tells you the whole story.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Was there a beef between Amokachi and Oliseh? I can see them avoiding each other strenuously in the clip.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

DIMKA76 wrote:Was there a beef between Amokachi and Oliseh? I can see them avoiding each other strenuously in the clip.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Who did Oliseh not have a beef with at any given time? :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

DIMKA76 wrote:Was there a beef between Amokachi and Oliseh? I can see them avoiding each other strenuously in the clip.
I was in the team that went for this competittion....there was no beef between the two. Sunny came in from Italy for this particular match and left same night after the match.

There was a lot of shenanigans going.on the camp prior to the Japan game over money and we were about to boycott the Japan match which was the.first match.

I will post my diary of the tournament which i did for complete sports later.
But Oliseh ruffled a lot of peoples feather...we had been.having series of meetings where it appeared the NFA at the tine did not want to pay matxh bonus, sayibg that the team should share the winning fee of we win the cup..as of that was guaranteed. On top of that the body was trying to be funny with the World Cup money fron US94 which the team was yet to receive.

Oliseh breezed in on the day of match,i think he came the night before, but attended what was about the third meeting where the team had given.the board its terms and ultimatum. But when.Oliseh breezed in and was told what was going on...he retorted , everyone must be stupid to still be attending this meeting....he lambasted everyone for being mugus. I remember late Uche Okafor turned to me and said Bolaji, can you hear what that small boy just said.....rubbishing everything the team has tried to achieve through the meetings.

It was not a beef per se because the likes of Oliseh, Amo, JJ, Ikpeba were in the yoing yuppie group, they all tend to hang togethee. They were the new breed in europe who had solid contracts with massive earning power and could bow stand up to the likes of Keshi. There was a kibe between these two groups.

Amo was a quiet and kind of aloof person, most of the time he was with JJ, both were paired together as room mates. Oliseh stayed for about 24hrs in the camp and was gone to honor his club engagement.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

oloye wrote:
I was in the team that went for this competittion....there was no beef between the two. Sunny came in from Italy for this particular match and left same night after the match.

There was a lot of shenanigans going.on the camp prior to the Japan game over money and we were about to boycott the Japan match which was the.first match.

But Oliseh ruffled a lot of peoples feather...we had been.having series of meetings where it appeared the NFA at the tine did not want to pay matxh bonus, sayibg that the team should share the winning fee of we win the cup..as of that was guaranteed. On top of that the body was trying to be funny with the World Cup money fron US94 which the team was yet to receive.

Oliseh breezed in on the day of match,i think he came the night before, but attended what was about the third meeting where the team had given.the board its terms and ultimatum. But when.Oliseh breezed in and was told what was going on...he retorted , everyone must be stupid to still be attending this meeting....he lambasted everyone for being mugus. I remember late Uche Okafor turned to me and said Bolaji, can you hear what that small boy just said.....rubbishing everything the team has tried to achieve through the meetings.

It was not a beef per se because the likes of Oliseh, Amo, JJ, Ikpeba were in the yoing yuppie group, they all tend to hang togethee. They were the new breed in europe who had solid contracts with massive earning power and could bow stand up to the likes of Keshi. There was a kibe between these two groups.

Amo was a quiet and kind of aloof person, most of the time he was with JJ, both were paired together as room mates. Oliseh stayed for about 24hrs in the camp and was gone to honor his club engagement.
Did you guys ever have words for Okocha for aiming for the sky when shooting? Player that impressed me in this tournament was Siasia. Was it the Argie game we lost on PKs? I remember Amunike and Okocha missing their penalties. One of my close friends Obi screamed (at his TV) at Amunike, "na your pikin dey for post"? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Can remember that game against japan on eurosport, there was a move against japanese player, okocha killed some high ball with his 1st touch, i mean the way he brought that ball down, the japanese player was lost!

Okocha, easily Nigeria most gifted player ever! Nobody comes close
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

oloye wrote:

Oloye,

Thanks for the inside gist. Oliseh is exactly who he is and reports paint an accurate characterization of his personality. Several journalists who are close to the camp when he was a player as well as when he was SE coach affirm those characterizations.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
oloye wrote:

Did you guys ever have words for Okocha for aiming for the sky when shooting? Player that impressed me in this tournament was Siasia. Was it the Argie game we lost on PKs? I remember Amunike and Okocha missing their penalties. One of my close friends Obi screamed (at his TV) at Amunike, "na your pikin dey for post"? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
It was against Mexico.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Sir V wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
oloye wrote:

It was against Mexico.
correct....thanks!
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Back then, Naija was a world class team
Today, Naija is a useless team
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Did you guys ever have words for Okocha for aiming for the sky when shooting?
Instead of asking Oloye serious questions .... like whether Okocha dribbled him during practice .... or whether Okocha is keenly aware of his height due to having measured it a few times during practice .... and even compassionate questions, like whether he is still in therapy to deal with what Okocha did to him in practice. :)

PS: So ... Oloye ... answer now. :)
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Rawlings wrote:Back then, Naija was a world class team
Back then, it was only 13 years since Ghana's last major trophy.

How time flies. Like play, like play we are all 23 years older.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

The Eagle wrote:
Rawlings wrote:Back then, Naija was a world class team
Back then, it was only 13 years since Ghana's last major trophy.

How time flies. Like play, like play we are all 23 years older.
Why bring a gun to a pen knife fight :tic:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

marko wrote:Can remember that game against japan on eurosport, there was a move against japanese player, okocha killed some high ball with his 1st touch, i mean the way he brought that ball down, the japanese player was lost!

Okocha, easily Nigeria most gifted player ever! Nobody comes close

Okocha was good. I don't know about most gifted player ever. We did have Odegbami and Adokiye and etc.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx