Watching Ejaria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Watching Ejaria

Post by oloye »

Watching Ejaria and Rangers, i must admit i am feeling the boy. The last i saw him was in the colors of Liverpool, but gosh watching him i cannot help but feel he would be a massive acquisition for us.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Watching Ejaria

Post by vancity eagle »

He was ready for SE 2 years ago. The "experts" said it was too soon.

These players need to be capped early on before they really start to explode on the scene.

Eze should have also been capped. His situation is especially frustrating, because we wouldn't need to go through any FIFA change. Now England can play games with the whole situation.

Ejaria and Eze must be capped.
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

oloye wrote:Watching Ejaria and Rangers, i must admit i am feeling the boy. The last i saw him was in the colors of Liverpool, but gosh watching him i cannot help but feel he would be a massive acquisition for us.
Chief. First and foremost..I have respect for people that just don't take the hype and go see stuff for themselves. Painfully, there are people we hype here that people haven't invested the time to watch objectively. Secondly, I am glad that you're seeing what some of us have been saying on Ejiara. There are some people you watch, for 10 minutes and in that 10 minutes, their "body" of work checks the list for "it". Ovie is one. I have posted a few times on him here. I actually think with him, Ndidi and Iwobi (with Eze a creative experiment too), I think the days of Mikel as a starter might be numbered. I honestly don't consider Onazi, Ogu because I think we sincerely have better options. I'm also a fan of Ajagun but his time is running out and I cannot see him unseat Iwobi, Ovie and Eze is younger. Here's my last post about Ovie - viewtopic.php?f=1&t=291294&hilit=Ejiara. The guys wants to play for Nigeria. He's been trying since U17 -
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

icee wrote:
oloye wrote:Watching Ejaria and Rangers, i must admit i am feeling the boy. The last i saw him was in the colors of Liverpool, but gosh watching him i cannot help but feel he would be a massive acquisition for us.
Chief. First and foremost..I have respect for people that just don't take the hype and go see stuff for themselves. Painfully, there are people we hype here that people haven't invested the time to watch objectively. Secondly, I am glad that you're seeing what some of us have been saying on Ejiara. There are some people you watch, for 10 minutes and in that 10 minutes, their "body" of work checks the list for "it". Ovie is one. I have posted a few times on him here. I actually think with him, Ndidi and Iwobi (with Eze a creative experiment too), I think the days of Mikel as a starter might be numbered. I honestly don't consider Onazi, Ogu because I think we sincerely have better options. I'm also a fan of Ajagun but his time is running out and I cannot see him unseat Iwobi, Ovie and Eze is younger. Here's my last post about Ovie - viewtopic.php?f=1&t=291294&hilit=Ejiara. The guys wants to play for Nigeria. He's been trying since U17 -
I think we still need Mikel around for at.least 2 more years or so. What we need is to build quality around him, people who are also comfortable and intelligent with the ball, who come with fresh legs. The Mikel i watched at the world cup still has about 2 years in him, especially playing from deep.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Agents.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

To keep things in perspective... it's the Scottish league.

I want him to be invited too but we should keep that in mind. We've seen players shine in lesser leagues and fade quickly when invited. For example... Nwakalis.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

niyi wrote:To keep things in perspective... it's the Scottish league.

I want him to be invited too but we should keep that in mind. We've seen players shine in lesser leagues and fade quickly when invited. For example... Nwakalis.

He has played well in the europa league. That being said, his league shouldn't be overweighed. The most important thing is how well he could fit and play a role in the SE.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

Oloye, please check on "our boy" Ismahial Akinade in Waterford (Irish Premier League ) ..we need to watch him as well before O'Neal and Roy poached him :lol: :lol: :shock:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

I still will give him till the end of the season. I have watched him for quite a few years now, starting from the Liverpool academy...

I have no doubt he has the qualities to be a very good player for the SE; probably best in a 4-3-3...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Senator WIRES wrote:Oloye, please check on "our boy" Ismahial Akinade in Waterford (Irish Premier League ) ..we need to watch him as well before O'Neal and Roy poached him :lol: :lol: :shock:
Waterford ke...is that not pushing it a bit? :lol:

icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

oloye wrote:
icee wrote:
I think we still need Mikel around for at.least 2 more years or so. What we need is to build quality around him, people who are also comfortable and intelligent with the ball, who come with fresh legs. The Mikel i watched at the world cup still has about 2 years in him, especially playing from deep.

On Mikel that is why I carefully used the word "might". Perhaps "might" isn't the perfect English word. It'll take a conscious blending experiment to say for sure. In my view, right at this moment, I cannot say we don't need Mikel (especially as a deep midfielder) and...I cannot say we certainly do need him (as a starter). Part of Mikel's game in the WC makes me think..we definitely need this guy and then parts make me think we do not. What I know for sure (at least in my own view) is that Iwobi is better at Mikel's SE 10 role. I will pick Iwobi over Mikel to start as the centre mid. A year ago, Iwobi over Mikel as our 10 was a valid consideration, now I am past consideration. Now the DM role, I am still asking ...will a Ovie , Ndidi partnership yield a better team outcome?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

If he’s not good enough for England to cap I doubt he’s good enough for SE. we have about 6 players that are better or as good that are playing for bigger better teams.
OCCUPY NFF!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:If he’s not good enough for England to cap I doubt he’s good enough for SE. we have about 6 players that are better or as good that are playing for bigger better teams.
:taunt: You are running out of things to say...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

niyi wrote:To keep things in perspective... it's the Scottish league.

Ovie played the same way in Europa league too.....................I guess that's Scottish league too?
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

txj wrote:I still will give him till the end of the season. I have watched him for quite a few years now, starting from the Liverpool academy...

I have no doubt he has the qualities to be a very good player for the SE; probably best in a 4-3-3...
Just like Ezesportsworld asked me when I was calling for Aina when he was at Chelsea youth team, where did you watch liverpool academy games?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

1naija wrote:
txj wrote:I still will give him till the end of the season. I have watched him for quite a few years now, starting from the Liverpool academy...

Just like Ezesportsworld asked me when I was calling for Aina when he was at Chelsea youth team, where did you watch liverpool academy games?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

On ezesportsworld.com

You will need an exclusive pass from Eze himself :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:If he’s not good enough for England to cap I doubt he’s good enough for SE. we have about 6 players that are better or as good that are playing for bigger better teams.

100% Agree with you.

SE should not be a dumping ground. You choose either England or Naija and not Naija when you know say nothing dey for you in England.

I respect Iwobi alot. He took Nigeria ahead of England. BUt see Danjuma, he was open to a cap from Nigeria becuase he thought his Dutch chances were slim. BUt see how he turned around to nack us from the back?
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

chief nfachairman wrote:

100% Agree with you.

SE should not be a dumping ground. You choose either England or Naija and not Naija when you know say nothing dey for you in England.

I respect Iwobi alot. He took Nigeria ahead of England. BUt see Danjuma, he was open to a cap from Nigeria becuase he thought his Dutch chances were slim. BUt see how he turned around to nack us from the back?
Chief Chairman, if you're responding to Emir Kongos ascertion that he's not good enough for England to cap....are you sure he's not been capped for England? You may be building a case on a faulty foundation. For perspective check this out - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ovie_Ejaria