Why are SE fans so entitled?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Why are SE fans so entitled?

Post by ohenhen1 »

All fans are entitled. They want the best for their team and will not accept mediocrity.

Even Uganda fans that have failed to qualify for the Afcon in over 3 decades are entitled.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

wiseone wrote:Nigerian fans are the English fans of Africa: entitled, and living off former glories.
So true
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Damunk wrote:
Orion wrote:The sense of entitlement is unwarranted considering we've failed to qualify for two straight AFCONs under two different coaches with players of similar quality.

We've not suddenly opened up a gold mine of world-class players who are by far superior to the guys that failed to qualify in 2015 and 2017 to warrant this sense of entitlement.

The player pool is pretty much the same. Many of the players we have now were part of the teams that failed to qualify, and the new introductions are of a similar level in quality. However, the results are better now (with the same pool of players) and we must be grateful for that while hoping that the team gels even more going forward.
In short, the one factor that has really changed is the coach.
But don't expect the stubborn anti-Rohr crowd to acknowledge anything positive coming from him.

The final 20mins of the Argentina game color everything and for them, nothing else matters - not the effortless WC qualification, not the impressive 2019 AFCON qualification about to be realized, not the consistent victories on the road in Africa in both competitions...nothing..

I wonder where we would be now if we had succumbed to the verbal onslaught of the crowd baying for his sack immediately after the World Cup.

Only they can say, but I won't hold my breath... :D
You think it is about the last 20 minutes of the Argentina game?

Dude is still making the same mistakes with the timeliness of his subs that he made in his first game.

Ain't doing #$%& other coaches haven't done and even much better. He is enjoying the best-organized NFF in recent memories with regards to remuneration and logistics...

I have said it countless times. Any coach who loses to South Africa at home should be flogged. He is a good manager but a mediocre coach. He should be the team manager and let some tactician handle the team.

You all give him a pass because a lot of you guys suffer from Woworism. :boo:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Orion wrote:The sense of entitlement is unwarranted considering we've failed to qualify for two straight AFCONs under two different coaches with players of similar quality.

We've not suddenly opened up a gold mine of world-class players who are by far superior to the guys that failed to qualify in 2015 and 2017 to warrant this sense of entitlement.

The player pool is pretty much the same. Many of the players we have now were part of the teams that failed to qualify, and the new introductions are of a similar level in quality. However, the results are better now (with the same pool of players) and we must be grateful for that while hoping that the team gels even more going forward.
But don't expect the stubborn anti-Rohr crowd to acknowledge anything positive coming from him.

The final 20mins of the Argentina game color everything and for them, nothing else matters - not the effortless WC qualification, not the impressive 2019 AFCON qualification about to be realized, not the consistent victories on the road in Africa in both competitions...nothing..

I wonder where we would be now if we had succumbed to the verbal onslaught of the crowd baying for his sack immediately after the World Cup.

Dude is still making the same mistakes with the timeliness of his subs that he made in his first game.

Ain't doing #$%& other coaches haven't done and even much better. He is enjoying the best-organized NFF in recent memories with regards to remuneration and logistics...

I have said it countless times. Any coach who loses to South Africa at home should be flogged. He is a good manager but a mediocre coach. He should be the team manager and let some tactician handle the team.

No.
We are giving him a pass based on results.
You tell us the results so far justify his sack.
A brief, direct-to-the-point submission would suffice.

Telling us how Keshi, Oliseh, Shuaibu and Siasia were badly treated isn't the issue because they shouldn't have been treated that way in the first place.

You don't make progress by repeating the mistakes of the past all in the name of 'fairness' or 'anti-wowoism'.
Enough of the '20/20' visionlessness.

Each case on its merit. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Sir V wrote:
..local coaches.
No. It was under Pinnick. That's the truth.

We won the nations cup with a Local coach and got to the WC second round with a local coach.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:
They are still intent on beating our own world record of 20 coaches in 20 years. :lol:
How many coaches has Pinnick employed in 4 years?

Pinnick added to the count.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Damunk wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Damunk wrote:

No.
We are giving him a pass based on results.
You tell us the results so far justify his sack.
A brief, direct-to-the-point submission would suffice.

Telling us how Keshi, Oliseh, Shuaibu and Siasia were badly treated isn't the issue because they shouldn't have been treated that way in the first place.

You don't make progress by repeating the mistakes of the past all in the name of 'fairness' or 'anti-wowoism'.
Enough of the '20/20' visionlessness.

Each case on its merit. :idea:
Doc, I already gave you one. That game against SA at home is a fireable offense after flogging and made to trek from the stadium.

The game against Argentina is another one.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

fabio wrote:
Sir V wrote:
..local coaches.

We won the nations cup with a Local coach and got to the WC second round with a local coach.
Please, remind them.

They forget who was the architect of the none AFCON appearance.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:
They are still intent on beating our own world record of 20 coaches in 20 years. :lol:
How many coaches has Pinnick employed in 4 years?

Pinnick added to the count.
The '20/20 Vision' first came to light in 2014.

My question to you has always been whether we need to continue in that stupid 'tradition' in the name of 'consistency and fairness'.
Though you have never answered the question, it seems you are saying we should.

Meanwhile, you are secretly enjoying the incredible run of results we are churning out but unfortunately have to hide your satisfaction.
Having to come up with new ways to dismiss the good news must be really hard. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote:
fabio wrote:
Sir V wrote:
..local coaches.

Please, remind them.

So you guys are still insisting he should be sacked abi?
Nigerians! No retreat, no surrender, no apologies, no regrets!!!

:lol:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk
Hallelujah.
My question to you has always been whether we need to continue in that stupid 'tradition' in the name of 'consistency and fairness'.
You are saying, what i did not say, knowing fully well, i didn't say, what you said :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Meanwhile, you are secretly enjoying the incredible run of results we are churning out but unfortunately have to hide your satisfaction.
Having to come up with new ways to dismiss the good news must be really hard. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Rohr is a local champion... When non-African teams come calling we know the excuses :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Damunk wrote:
Cellular wrote:
fabio wrote:
Sir V wrote:
..local coaches.

Please, remind them.

So you guys are still insisting he should be sacked abi?
Nigerians! No retreat, no surrender, no apologies, no regrets!!!

:lol:
You are wasting your time.
Theirs was never an opinion founded in logic.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:Damunk
Hallelujah.
You are saying, what i did not say, knowing fully well, i didn't say, what you said :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Rohr is a local champion... When non-African teams come calling we know the excuses :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Fabio, the Artful Dodger. :sneaky:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

charlie wrote:
You are wasting your time.
Theirs was never an opinion founded in logic.
Mr. logic.

Using your logic...

Who was in charge of the NFF, when Nigeria failed to qualify for two successive AFCON :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Using your logic, we should continue with failures :sneaky: