MIKEL AND ROHR

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

walesvilla
Egg
Egg
MIKEL AND ROHR

Post by walesvilla »

http://kwese.espn.com/football/nigeria/ ... ria-return

My interpretation is Rohr will not call up Mikel until he formally informs Rohr of his readiness to return
No point Mikel mentioning or declaring on social media and newspaper without calling up his boss
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: MIKEL AND ROHR

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

No issue here, Mikel will return for Afcon. He deserves the rest. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:No issue here, Mikel will return for Afcon. He deserves the rest. :thumb:
no guarantee-especially if team keep winning and doing well + new talent emerged - 6 month in football is a long time-and what if he decided to extend his rest - or injured again in around June- i do not want the same issue that happened with an aging/injured JayJay in 2006 Afcon repeat itself with Mikel
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I don't buy into this nonsense, every now and then we have a player who thinks he is too good for the team or qualifications. Unless there is a very strong reason for not honoring the invitations, if he does not play the qualifiers why should he pop if we qualify?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

oloye wrote:I don't buy into this nonsense, every now and then we have a player who thinks he is too good for the team or qualifications. Unless there is a very strong reason for not honoring the invitations, if he does not play the qualifiers why should he pop if we qualify?
did Osaze play during the qualifies before the WC in 2014? Did Idowu play any qualifiers? what about Joel Obi, Chidi Nwanu etc... What about all the players who are called but never play a qualifier and sits on the bench ? It matters not , the SE is growing, with new players and they are gradually finding alternatives. However if Mikel is available next summer for the AFCON, i see no reason why he can't play and improve our team
This is a player who's father was kidnapped before we played Argentina, and because he wasn't avaible to play vs Sechelles, Libya , SA and Uganda( minors) una want the guy to be kicked out of the team because he didn't play qualifier? :D
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

walesvilla wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:No issue here, Mikel will return for Afcon. He deserves the rest. :thumb:
no guarantee-especially if team keep winning and doing well + new talent emerged - 6 month in football is a long time-and what if he decided to extend his rest - or injured again in around June- i do not want the same issue that happened with an aging/injured JayJay in 2006 Afcon repeat itself with Mikel
Story. Rohn that is loyal to the players he is used to? When Mikel is ready. Rohr will put him back in the team.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
oloye wrote:I don't buy into this nonsense, every now and then we have a player who thinks he is too good for the team or qualifications. Unless there is a very strong reason for not honoring the invitations, if he does not play the qualifiers why should he pop if we qualify?
did Osaze play during the qualifies before the WC in 2014? Did Idowu play any qualifiers? what about Joel Obi, Chidi Nwanu etc... What about all the players who are called but never play a qualifier and sits on the bench ? It matters not , the SE is growing, with new players and they are gradually finding alternatives. However if Mikel is available next summer for the AFCON, i see no reason why he can't play and improve our team
This is a player who's father was kidnapped before we played Argentina, and because he wasn't avaible to play vs Sechelles, Libya , SA and Uganda( minors) una want the guy to be kicked out of the team because he didn't play qualifier? :D
Osazee was not our captain, to start with. And he was more of a returnee to the camp after being dropped. I know you love Mike, but sometimes let us put this emotional bias aside when looking at issues.

Is he injured, is he unfit? How does the captain of a team feel leaving his team to fight the dirty fight and do the heavy lifting only for him to now come in after the work is done? It ain't right. You may disagree, that is okay by me
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Rohr just opened up on the Mikel situation, apparently Mikel told him he wanted to take a "sabbatical leave" from international duties for a rather indefinite period of time... make of it what you want.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Tobi17 wrote:Rohr just opened up on the Mikel situation, apparently Mikel told him he wanted to take a "sabbatical leave" from international duties for a rather indefinite period of time... make of it what you want.
Something along those lines or announce/hint game he will like to feature in on social media and expect Rohr to automatically call him up
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

walesvilla wrote:
beating Seychelles & (war torn) Libya is not a yard stick
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Mumu Bigpokey24! Look at all the grammatical jargons you wrote. If I attack you naw, you go say I dey derail the thread. Mumu-boy

Anyway, I will let you slide for now, I have better things to do today.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Odas wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Mumu Bigpokey24! Look at all the grammatical jargons you wrote. If I attack you naw, you go say I dey derail the thread. Mumu-boy

Anyway, I will let you slide for now, I have better things to do today.
if i talk say you lack critical thinking , you go dey vex ..you claim you have better things to do, but you took your time to reply your master's post 8-) you are like a son to me
SuperEagles

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

To be honest, if I were Mikel, after 10+ years of this, do I really want to be traveling to Libya/SA etc all the way from China, for Afcon qualifiers???? That's the definition of drudgery.

Afcon/WC competitions is one thing, but does Nigeria really need to call up Mikel for afcon qualifier? Against Libya??? Tenure should buy you some exemptions. If Nigeria insists on calling him for everything, it'll force him into retirement. If we still need him, we should work an agreement out.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

deanotito wrote:To be honest, if I were Mikel, after 10+ years of this, do I really want to be traveling to Libya/SA etc all the way from China, for Afcon qualifiers???? That's the definition of drudgery.

Afcon/WC competitions is one thing, but does Nigeria really need to call up Mikel for afcon qualifier? Against Libya??? Tenure should buy you some exemptions. If Nigeria insists on calling him for everything, it'll force him into retirement. If we still need him, we should work an agreement out.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: point of correction 12 years, going on 13 years when AFCON 2019 comes around
2006,2008,2010,2013 (4 AFCONS)
SuperEagles

mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Mikel will be back when he's fully fit. Despite playing a few games here and there for his clubside since the World Cup, he's struggled for fitness. I think that we should respect his desire to return to peak condition before returning to national team duty.

Besides, this is a chance for the team to show that we can still thrive in his absence. Have we grown from where we were last year, when the collapsed in the absence of Mikel and Victor Moses? Or has our young team begun to take that next step in their development?

Missing 3 of our top 4 CMs (Mikel, Ndidi and Onazi) South Africa will be a big test for us.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

According to some reports, Mikel is still traumatized by his father's kidnapping while he was at the WC.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mystic wrote:Mikel will be back when he's fully fit. Despite playing a few games here and there for his clubside since the World Cup, he's struggled for fitness. I think that we should respect his desire to return to peak condition before returning to national team duty.

Besides, this is a chance for the team to show that we can still thrive in his absence. Have we grown from where we were last year, when the collapsed in the absence of Mikel and Victor Moses? Or has our young team begun to take that next step in their development?

Missing 3 of our top 4 CMs (Mikel, Ndidi and Onazi) South Africa will be a big test for us.
Good points, though we will soon start to hear comments that "Mikel is no longer needed"
They should shut up in advance.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
zoro
Egg
Egg

Post by zoro »

Serves Mikel right after he betrayed Inyamah.
IGBOS ARE THE IMPORTANT AND USEFUL SLAVES OF NIGERIA. THEY HAVE A CHOICE TO MAKE.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...e no easy to fly half way around the world to play qualifier. It is tiring, and I don't care how comfortable your plane seating is.