My combined Man City/Liverpool team

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: My combined Man City/Liverpool team

Post by YemiBrazil »

spastic wrote:
kajifu wrote:Are this base on current form or just hype?Ederson at goal over Brazil #1?
I'm sure Allison is a good Keeper. But what Ederson total package is far greater than Allison's. I'm sure Brazil's coach sees it differently. But I'll take Pep's view over that of Brazil's Manager.

And when I use the eyeball test, Allison often doesn't change the game the way Ederson does.
It is close but I will go with Tite's decision all day. Pep doesn't have to make any Allison decision as he doesn't play for Man City. Allison was Brazil's No.1 at U17 and U20 level before graduating to the senior level and he has been consistent. Ederson will have to do something extraordinary to take the No.1 spot. Allison has 33 senior caps to Ederson's 2. There's something off about Ederson, you know he is very good but you just don't have the kind of confidence you have with Allison and that is the popular opinion among Brazilians.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

YemiBrazil wrote:
spastic wrote:
kajifu wrote:Are this base on current form or just hype?Ederson at goal over Brazil #1?
I'm sure Allison is a good Keeper. But what Ederson total package is far greater than Allison's. I'm sure Brazil's coach sees it differently. But I'll take Pep's view over that of Brazil's Manager.

And when I use the eyeball test, Allison often doesn't change the game the way Ederson does.
It is close but I will go with Tite's decision all day. Pep doesn't have to make any Allison decision as he doesn't play for Man City. Allison was Brazil's No.1 at U17 and U20 level before graduating to the senior level and he has been consistent. Ederson will have to do something extraordinary to take the No.1 spot. Allison has 33 senior caps to Ederson's 2. There's something off about Ederson, you know he is very good but you just don't have the kind of confidence you have with Allison and that is the popular opinion among Brazilians.
I don't see any obvious advantage Ederson has over Allison...
Moreover, Allison is a massive unit...has far greater command of the goal-area, especially during set-pieces...
And Allison appears more composed...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
spastic wrote:

I don't see any obvious advantage Ederson has over Allison...
Moreover, Allison is a massive unit...has far greater command of the goal-area, especially during set-pieces...
And Allison appears more composed...
Ederson has the footskills of a Central Midfielder. He is the reason why City concedes so few chances in the first place. Because of Ederson, City can often keep possession indefinitely.

Ederson is also better at attacking his 18 yard box. He is cat-like at coming off his line to close on a breakaway striker.

Allison is Brazil's #1 coz he developed at a young age. And there really isn't any reason to change course as he is an excellent keeper. Ederson developed later than normal. But he is as good a shot stopper as Allison but a far better footballer.

For that reason, I consider him better. Also, Pep had a choice on who to pursue, he pushed for Ederson over Allison... As both were prospects City considered 2 summers ago.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

tfco wrote::clap: :clap: :clap:

penalty hero?
those who watched the match can tell us

:clap: :clap: :clap:
still celebrating our first Nigerian Cup in....35 years

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming