Alex Iwobi Features On BBC TV's Football Focus

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Alex Iwobi Features On BBC TV's Football Focus

Post by Damunk »

Nice short feature on a young Nigerian superstar-in-the-making.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
"Alex Iwobi: One of Arsenal's Bright sparks this season"

FF: (Showing him old photos) You've been with Arsenal since you were a child...
Iwobi: "Arsenal has always been in my heart since I was a child. I was nine in that pic cos I'm wearing something underneath. I don't like the cold."

FF: You've come thru the youth ranks into the 1st team
Iwobi: "Opportunity. I remember being with mum and dad my sister watching Arsenal ...its crazy, In school I used to say I wanna play like Henri... finish like Henri. Now I'm playing in the same stadium. Its weird but I'm enjoying the moment."

FF: Talking about family....
Iwobi: "JJ inspired me of course. I was lucky enough and watched his training matches. I got nvolved in some training when I shouldn't have with my uncle who'd come over and kick the ball with me during water break. And Sam (Allardyce) told him off and said 'JJ, come here, come here!"

FF: JJ was very skillful but now you've got your own nickname at Arsenal: 'The Prince of Nutmegs'.
Iwobi: "I was able to give out two in training today. Aubermayang said 'The Prince is back. He strikes again!" I'm enjoying the nickname at the moment. I'm not looking for it (the nutmeg), but if it happens it happens."

FF: You're really playing well right now. Is it the best you've ever been?
Iwobi: "U can say I'm probably the most confident I've been in a long while. The manager has given me a lot more confidence. The players around me have given me the freedom to express myself. Whenever I get the ball and I wanna do the simple pass they say "no Alex do your thing. Do what you do. Enjoy yourself". I get the license to enjoy and express myself which I haven't had for a long time."

On the Manager: "He's a very positive guy. He likes what I do and tells me to drive with the ball and run with the ball and do as much as I can and do whatever I can."
"He gives us that extra oomph to go into the challenge and demands a lot."

FF: Against Liverpool are you laying down a marker?
Iwobi: "It'll be a tough game; great team.... one of the best on the P League. Looking 4wd to it. Will be a test for us"

Studio Panel Analysis;
Anchor: Is he benefitting from a manger that clearly believes in him?

"As a player when a manager comes in, you've gotta prove yourself. So he's thinking "if I can impress I'll up my game" and he's reaping the benefits"

"He's putting his stamp onto the Arsenal team now."

"I'm sure Iwobi would rather be the Prince of scoring goals. "

"Now is your time. Take it, make it yours"

"He's got loads of talent."
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Alex Iwobi Features On BBC TV's Football Focus

Post by pajimoh »

There's only one king of nutmeg in London if not in the EPL sef. He's also Nigerian by origin. He floats like a butterfly and stings like a .......

Spurs very own Alli :taunt:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Another awesome contribution.
I'm sure I saw him dash out yet another nutmeg today ...

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

Damunk wrote:Another awesome contribution.
I'm sure I saw him dash out yet another nutmeg today ...

:sneaky: was his english in WL accent?
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

There was also a nice feature on Eni Aluko and her time in Juventus as well
YNWA