Arsenal 1 VS Liverpool 1 Laca, Milner

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal v Liverpool.

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
green4life wrote:
metalalloy wrote:That was a legit goal
Arguable due to mane’s Interference.
He was offside for the first pass but was he really interferring when firminho flicked the ball and the goalkeeper challenged firmino? At that point he was behind the ball and on.
Yep. He was in front of the goalie and still going for the ball. Anyway it’s arguable for me. 50/50 at best.

You gotta be kidding me!
After further review technically he wasn’t offside but the linesman likely was thrown off since he went for the initial ball when he was offsides.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Nice to see a flash of the old Arsenal. Not quite there yet, but making steady progress. Feels good.
-Simpli fy -
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote:Good game. Was impressed with Arsenal at times. A draw was a fair result.

This Arsenal team will take points from the other Big Six teams.
On the contrary, very frustrating game for me. LFC played poorly; was never setup properly for the press, perhaps from Fabinho being new to the team...and then lacked ruthlessness upfront.

Arsenal will not take points off of City; they are far more ruthless than LFC...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:Nice to see a flash of the old Arsenal. Not quite there yet, but making steady progress. Feels good.

Welcome back home :wink:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Kai, Kelechi is funny. He said "Iwobi changed the game all the way from a left-back position....only Nigerians can do that...jollof rice, egusi..."
AFCON 2019 sweet o

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:Good game. Was impressed with Arsenal at times. A draw was a fair result.

On the contrary, very frustrating game for me. LFC played poorly; was never setup properly for the press, perhaps from Fabinho being new to the team...and then lacked ruthlessness upfront.

Arsenal will not take points off of City; they are far more ruthless than LFC...
That was speaking with my neutral hat on...

It was Liverpool's poorest league game of the season. They've been missing that ruthlessness you speak of all season...
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Kai, Kelechi is funny. He said "Iwobi changed the game all the way from a left-back position....only Nigerians can do that...jollof rice, egusi..."
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

txj wrote:

Perhaps Arsenal made them play poorly hmm?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
green4life wrote:
metalalloy wrote:That was a legit goal
Arguable due to mane’s Interference.
He was offside for the first pass but was he really interferring when firminho flicked the ball and the goalkeeper challenged firmino? At that point he was behind the ball and on.
Yep. He was in front of the goalie and still going for the ball. Anyway it’s arguable for me. 50/50 at best.

You gotta be kidding me!
After further review technically he wasn’t offside but the linesman likely was thrown off since he went for the initial ball when he was offsides.
By going for the ball from an offside position, technically he became offside because he was interfering with play. Knowing Firmino was onside, he played on, but gave his decision when Mane touched the ball.

Interesting to note the position of one or two ex managers doing punditry. Some said off, some said on. For me it is offside because the rules are clear with interference from an offside position.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Waffi, it's been established he was onside.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Mane was never "offside"...
1st phase: no way he was interfering with play...
2nd phase: he was behind the ball...

The assistant ref who flagged was 10 yds off pace, and made a guess...It was a rubbish decision...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

FATHER TIKO wrote:Mane was never "offside"...

The assistant ref who flagged was 10 yds off pace, and made a guess...It was a rubbish decision...

Onside. However, lets be honest and admit he was offside in the first phase. He wasn't retreating or "not showing" interest in the ball when Firmino latched unto it, but was rather "running along", so he was interfering.

The real question is whether you can score from a rebound if you were originally offside. The answers seems to be yes.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

The YeyeMan wrote:Waffi, it's been established he was onside.
By who, my broda. I have given my opinion, but it is merely an opinion, based ony understanding of the rules, not a fact.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Onside. However, lets be honest and admit he was offside in the first phase. He wasn't retreating or "not showing" interest in the ball when Firmino latched unto it, but was rather "running along", so he was interfering.

The real question is whether you can score from a rebound if you were originally offside. The answers seems to be yes.
Sir, here is the offside rule. It makes interesting reading for the confusion it creates :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-gov ... ---offside

Here are key excerpts pertaining to the incident we are debating.

Offside offence

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or

interfering with an opponent by:

preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
challenging an opponent for the ball or

clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or

making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

*The first point of contact of the 'play' or 'touch' of the ball should be used

or
gaining an advantage by playing the ball or interfering with an opponent when it has:

rebounded or been deflected off the goalpost, crossbar or an opponent

been deliberately saved by any opponent

A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by any opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Kpom Kwem! My thoughts exactly. I mean he looked from the get go that he was interfering with the play because running along with the ball. That is how I see it sha.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Arsenal for life fair result,love how we went for a win after level it 1-1.
The keeper need to adjust, this team should be looking up to fight for the title ,We make Liverpool look average. We need start take 3 points from the big boys,Manu and Spurs to come.
Our keeper was poor today,Ozil was missing sad.Iwobi came in and make likes of Ozil,Mkhi,Auba looks like waste pipe.It was like Mess I coming on for Barca and change the game after rested.
If Iwobi start the game we would have win the game .
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Waffiman wrote:
By who, my broda. I have given my opinion, but it is merely an opinion, based ony understanding of the rules, not a fact.

PGMOL.

You should really try and learn the rules of the game...It was a very basic error...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

PGMOL.

You should really try and learn the rules of the game...It was a very basic error...
That discredited bunch led by Mike Riley. Hahaha. Try another one.

On the rules, I have posted it up there. Read it again. Don't worry, I have based my opinion on my interpretation of the rules. If you disagree, that's fine. No need to be patronising and rude in the course of the discourse. We can always agree to disagree.

Here is the offside rule. Enjoy.

Offside offence

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or

preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or

clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or

making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

or
gaining an advantage by playing the ball or interfering with an opponent when it has:

A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by any opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Waffiman wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

PGMOL.

On the rules, I have posted it up there. Read it again. Don't worry, I have based my opinion on my interpretation of the rules. If you disagree, that's fine. No need to be patronising and rude in the course of the discourse. We can always agree to disagree.

Offside offence

or

I remember this rule - and tried to interpret a naija game where Ighalo was offside, Miss wasn't but later pass to Ighalo who then scored.

I was told Ighalo wasn't interfering with play or Musa who initially received the pass wasn't offside.

Offside rule is interpreted differently by the refs themselves.
I have always thought if you are offside and became active by touching, influencing or attempting to get the ball then you're flagged off.

PS: Don't mind the cvnt txj, the * angel* always talk as if he has all the brains and everyone else is stupid. Meanwhile the prick can't even cross the road without someone helping him
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

PGMOL.

Offside offence

or

I remember this rule - and tried to interpret a naija game where Ighalo was offside, Miss wasn't but later pass to Ighalo who then scored.

I was told Ighalo wasn't interfering with play or Musa who initially received the pass wasn't offside.

I have always thought if you are offside and became active by touching, influencing or attempting to get the ball then you're flagged off.

PS: Don't mind the cvnt txj, the * angel* always talk as if he has all the brains and everyone else is stupid. Meanwhile the prick can't even cross the road without someone helping him
Of course, we have been through this rule on this forum before. In is not new. The Bottom line is, the offside decision is always open to interpretation.

In my response to Chief earlier, I mentioned why I think the rule is interesting. It is a rule that ends up creating more confusion for all its good intentions.

I agree with you on being offside and became active by touching, influencing or attempting to get the ball then being flagged off. The highlighted bit above seem to agree with you.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

This on point with my reading of the situation which is why I concluded during the game that there’s ample justification for the offside call.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Mane was offside.

Never stopped from the first offense, and came into play as the ball bounced back at him. Second phase never came into effect.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

pajimoh wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

PGMOL.

Offside offence

or

I've chosen to ignore your repeated insults over the last 6-7 months. If you continue down this line I will reply many times over. This is your only warning...