Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:How can DDG's contract be expiring next year? I thought he signed an extension only last season?

Worried about potential for Andrew Smith, Luke Shaw, Martial, and Pereira leaving on a free. All are very talented, and have been under-used or misused.
Yes that is so. Maybe we need another rebuild or re organisation. This current set up doesn't tickle my fancy.
I want to stand up when a United player receives the ball. This current lot doesn't do it for me.
I used to love the Da Silva twins, they were warriors :thumbs: :thumbs:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:
wiseone wrote:How can DDG's contract be expiring next year? I thought he signed an extension only last season?

Worried about potential for Andrew Smith, Luke Shaw, Martial, and Pereira leaving on a free. All are very talented, and have been under-used or misused.
Yes that is so. Maybe we need another rebuild or re organisation. This current set up doesn't tickle my fancy.
I want to stand up when a United player receives the ball. This current lot doesn't do it for me.
The coach sets the playing strategy, a lazy coach runs to the transfer market instead of grooming players, we have the resources, Van gaal made our defence tight, think we had the lowest conceeded goals but were not creative enough, he did this with the same set of defenders we have today

Our wing backs dont attack enough, Valencia used to bomb down the right and whip in some crosses, now he holds his position, Shaw is capable but will draw the ire of Mourinho if he loses the ball, If we attack like we did last saturday out of desperation, we will certainly put less pressure on the defence, has anyone thought about this? if we play defensive formation, our defence will be under immense pressure, with the players we have, we should never play that boring football Mourinho has put us through
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Yeah, Rafa's sale was puzzling. Especially when he was "replaced" by the very ordinary Darmian, and we had to convert two attacking wingers (Young and Tony V) into FBs to compensate for the loss of the Twins. Young is an excellent crosser and very dangerous in the final third. However he is not a natural defender and does not have a defender's instincts. He was at fault for both Newcastle goals last weekend. He allowed a Newcastle striker to take 4 touches inside the box before scoring (for the second goal). Then he went and set up the winning goal with a brilliant cross (showing he should be a winger, not a FB).
benteke wrote: Yes that is so. Maybe we need another rebuild or re organisation. This current set up doesn't tickle my fancy.
Last edited by wiseone on Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

I always thought Young was good as a winger, his crosses are quite good
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote: Pogba offered to drop deep as united could not play from the back, he told Mourinho to bring on Felliani to play an advanced role, think thats what did the trick, the same guy you took the captaincy from saves your job!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought Jose and Pogba were beefing.
(the media has really got you in a spin, you don't know if you're coming or going)

Valencia is the captain. Jose did_not_take_the_captaincy_from_Pogba

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

In Hazard's latest interview he dispels a lot of the rumors about Mourinho being responsible for Chelsea's collapse in 2015.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Man U should just give each opponent a 2 goal head start every game. Utd only get going and start playing well after the opposition scores and when they are losing the game!
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

kalani JR wrote:In Hazard's latest interview he dispels a lot of the rumors about Mourinho being responsible for Chelsea's collapse in 2015.
Indeed, and he even said Mourinho is one manager he would like to work under again

I noticed Hazard's interview was not discussed in detail, maybe people couldn't believe what they were reading from Hazard, since the popular narrative is that it was all Jose's fault.

Anyway here is the interview again https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.inde ... 16269.html
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Reports say Martial has rejected the latest contract offer, but talks ongoing.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

I wouldn't know what exactly is going on in those Martial contract talks.

But what we know is the agent in summer said Martial wants to be somewhere else.

This kind of stuff is what Manchester United's current problems centre around, the club has a couple of unhappy players who would rather be elsewhere.

Even if Martial ends up signing a new contract, it will most likely be the club begging him to stay by offering him ridiculous wages.
It even begs the question, did the kid even want to come to United in the first place when LVG prised him from Monaco, or it was just all about the money.

United had a situation with Di Maria. Good player, but not suited for Old Trafford.
It could be the same with the likes of Martial, Sanchez etc. Things are not working out well
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

There could be a mass exodus next year. Of that list I would keep:

DDG
Martial
Andrew Smith
Luke Shaw
Jones
Smalling
Pereira
YemiBrazil wrote:Manchester United players' contract expiry dates

Summer 2019

1 Ander Herrera
2 Luke Shaw
3 Juan Mata
4 Antonio Valencia *
5 Phil Jones *
6 Chris Smalling *
7 Matteo Darmian *
8 Anthony Martial *
9 David de Gea *
10 James Wilson *
11 Andreas Pereira *
12 Ashley Young

Summer 2020

13 Dean Henderson *
14 Marcus Rashford *
15 Eric Bailly *
16 Timothy Fosu-Mensah *
17 Cameron Borthwick-Jackson *
18 Nemanja Matic *
19 Marouane Fellaini *
20 Lee Grant
21 Demetri Mitchell *

Summer 2021

22 Jesse Lingard *
23 Paul Pogba *
24 Victor Lindelof *
25 Joel Pereira *
26 Sergio Romero *
27 Scott McTominay *
28 Marcos Rojo *

Summer 2022

29 Romelu Lukaku *
30 Alexis Sanchez *

Summer 2023

31 Fred *
32 Diogo Dalot *

*Option of an additional year
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

wiseone wrote:There could be a mass exodus next year. Of that list I would keep:

DDG
Martial
Andrew Smith
Luke Shaw
Jones
Smalling
Pereira
Wiseone, pls stop referring to Herrera as Andrew Smith. He is not English. His name is Ander Herrera and that is it. It is confusing and besides, we don't know his opinion on this as I would be offended if someone not only translates my name to English but start referring to me openly as such - I will politely ask that person that stop. We might as well start looking for the English translation of Romelo Lukaku, Fosu-Mensah, Pereira, Sergio Romero, Rio, Nemanja Matic, David de Gea etc and start addressing them as such. Even Mourinho will become Joseph Whatever. Pls stop sir.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Herrera a baller, just put him behind lukaku, he has a killer pass

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Who hurt you?
YemiBrazil wrote:
Wiseone, pls stop referring to Herrera as Andrew Smith. He is not English. His name is Ander Herrera and that is it. It is confusing and besides, we don't know his opinion on this as I would be offended if someone not only translates my name to English but start referring to me openly as such - I will politely ask that person that stop. We might as well start looking for the English translation of Romelo Lukaku, Fosu-Mensah, Pereira, Sergio Romero, Rio, Nemanja Matic, David de Gea etc and start addressing them as such. Even Mourinho will become Joseph Whatever. Pls stop sir.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Martial, had no doubt of his talent, that man is a deadly finisher, he will get back into the french national team! Soon enough

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wiseone wrote:Who hurt you?
YemiBrazil wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :roof:

..when he finds out our CB is Mark Red

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

YemiBrazil wrote:
Not sure what you mean? Did you read what I wrote - repeated use of 'Andrew Smith' for Ander Herrera?

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

tfco wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:

Does that change the point? Don't worry I won't address your annoying use of 'Cursed Lily-Livered' among others simply because I somehow eventually understood how challenging it is for you to accept even the most trivial correction. It's your proven way of convincing yourself that you can stand your ground as man :lol:

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

...or that our number 8 is called "Johnny Kills".

:rotf:
tfco wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

wiseone wrote:...or that our number 8 is called "Johnny Kills".

:rotf:
Oh I got you now - never mind.

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

81 Years ago this week, Man Utd named a player from their academy in their match day squad. Last weekend, for the 3937th consecutive game - they included an academy graduate in their matchday squad. Man Utd have never failed to included a player from their academy in their match squad for 81 years. Incredible.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Bournemouth (1-2) United

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S