Why una enemy no start Iwobi?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Why una enemy no start Iwobi?

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Vs Liverpool...I go like know..was it tactical
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Why didn una enemy not start Iwobi?

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Vs Liverpool...I go like know..was it tactical
Mumu-boy, oya make you corret (correct) the heading of dis your tred (thread) quick-quick, becos na no-sense you write so. Mumu!
Last edited by Odas on Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Odas wrote:
Mumu-boy, oya make you corret (correct) the heading of dis your tred (thread) quick-qick, becos na no-sense you write so. Mumu!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

See disrespect but you preach to others, see hypocrisy at its best
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

osita wrote:
See disrespect but you preach to others, see hypocrisy at its best
Osita, point out the disrespect. Why unaenemy no start Iwobi
SuperEagles

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Maybe you think it is funny but I don't get the joke.

He is an Arsenal player, not a Chelsea player. Our Coach can decide to do whatever he pleases with him so long as it is in the best interest of the team.

I do not see anyone here doing what you have just done by opening a thread showing disrespect to Chelsea or their Coach for benching Victor Moses. Show some respect while you whine. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why question the decision of Emery in such a disrespectful manner? Na so Alex playing for dey pain you reach? This is not healthy but I am loving it. 8-) 8-) The fact is neither you nor I know about coaching or being a coach like Emery. We do not know the reasons for his decision. We can only speculate or be wise after the event.

Do you know how many minutes or games Alex has played since the international break? When I saw Alex play mid week, I guessed he will not start against Liverpool because I had this knowledge he had played too many minutes with little recovery time. No way a young player like him will last 90 minutes, so it is best he comes in from the bench if needed, I speculated.

Opposition teams have all the data on their opponents, they know the players who have played too many minutes/games and they equate current data to previous data to be sure. They know when a player is operating in his red zone, so they target him, knowing he will make mistakes and will tire quickly.

Also, Arsenal supporters know we need a wide right attacker, so we can move Ozil into his best role at number 10, instead of him playing wide right and Ramsey coming in at 10 or 8. We want Ozil at number 10, Emery prefers Ozil at number 10, but only Mikh can play as a wide right attacker. Also, Mikh plays well with Bellerin and their combo often sees Ozil receiving ball in the best positions to hurt the opposition.

Alex can play wide right attack, but he is not very effective there. It now leaves the option of him or Auba for the left sided attacking role. Emery went with Auba. On a tactical note from the game, you can argue it was the right call.

Although Auba played wide left, he was always the most advanced Arsenal player. He was the one always looking to get on the end of the long pass or ball behind Liverpool's defence. It was obvious, they wanted to use his lightening pace to get behind Liverpool fast defenders. It worked because it helped push Liverpool back towards their goal cos Auba's pace frightened them. Consequently, it was Arsenal who were able to push up this having the platform to play out from deep. So if you are fair and objective, you can understand Emery decisions.

Alex plays for Arsenal and not Chelsea, you want a new Mikel bit your new Mikel plays at Arsenal and it sticks in your crawl. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

As much as belle dey sweet me to see you suffa like you are over Alex, take am easy, it is better to suffa sofri, sofri than to suffa with gra gra. Meanwhile, I shall continue to enjoy your suffaration. Kpelle, ndo. Nor cry oh. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Una enemy... Guy you be proper clown lol
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Brother Bigpokey abeg respect your self correct the heading and I hope you will open a thread today when Victor Moses is bench or not even on bench
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Odas wrote:
Mumu-boy, oya make you corret (correct) the heading of dis your tred (thread) quick-quick, becos na no-sense you write so. Mumu!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Abeg Bigporkey go hide yasef. Dem don finish you for hia. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

It is only a matter of time before Alex leaves Assanl. There's no justification for the guy sitting on the bench for crocks like mhkytarian..

Alex is a super eagle. I am invested in only players who reps the SE in real time.

Well there are rumours Iwobi's camp wasn't to pleased with the sub role..its only a matter of time before he leaves that club.. money talks

Also 2ce assanal players have been vexed when subbed off ozil and auba... there's trouble in that north London jokers
SuperEagles

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Bigpokey24 wrote:It is only a matter of time before Alex leaves Assanl. There's no justification for the guy sitting on the bench for crocks like mhkytarian..

Alex is a super eagle. I am invested in only players who reps the SE in real time.

Well there are rumours Iwobi's camp wasn't to pleased with the sub role..its only a matter of time before he leaves that club.. money talks

Also 2ce assanal players have been vexed when subbed off ozil and auba... there's trouble in that north London jokers
You can cry a river. He is an Arsenal player. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Waffiman wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:It is only a matter of time before Alex leaves Assanl. There's no justification for the guy sitting on the bench for crocks like mhkytarian..

You can cry a river. He is an Arsenal player. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Look you can say whatever you want to, but lets call a spade a spade. IF Chelsea or the likes to City , United Barca, Real , Juve, etc puts in a bid for Alex, the guy won't even think 2ce. To me I don't think assanl contributed in improving his game.....We all know how your clueless fans were bashing him all last season. The SE increased IWobi's profile. He became a better player when he chose Nigeria. Also Assnal doesn't encourage the type of skills or directness he plays . This was learnt via JayJay as well as adding the SE to the Mix. ( only Nigerians Shaku shakus .If you look at this video, it is a perfect example of how African players glides the ball..This isn't taught in the UK.. FACT
[/video]
[/video]

I am so confident this guy will see the light and know assnal has nothing to offer him , better clubs are already knocking. We go see who go laugh last
SuperEagles

Cally
Egg
Egg
Re: Why una enemy no start Iwobi?

Post by Cally »

I'm an Alex Iwobi fan, but I didn't really notice that the guy is actually a very good dribbler, especially nutmegs.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Emery resurrected Iwobi's career that had stalled the past 18 months, both at club and international level. There was a time, people wondered if he was Arsenal material.
You should trust Emery to continue. He gave Iwobi a contract extension. He taught him how to become more assertive and focus. Iwobi has responded well.
I'm sure Unai Emery has big plans for Iwobi in the future.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bepanda wrote:Emery resurrected Iwobi's career that had stalled the past 18 months, both at club and international level. There was a time, people wondered if he was Arsenal material.
You should trust Emery to continue. He gave Iwobi a contract extension. He taught him how to become more assertive and focus. Iwobi has responded well.
KPOM, repay the coaches confidence in him...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:
bepanda wrote:Emery resurrected Iwobi's career that had stalled the past 18 months, both at club and international level. There was a time, people wondered if he was Arsenal material.
:roll: :roll: :roll: repay the coach for what? Is Alex playing for free.
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Exactly, the coach and team paid him and extended his contract, so he should repay them with his performance on the pitch...ol boy you sure sey everything dey ok for ya side? Be like sey since that Ghana girl break ya heart your posts don become rubbish....
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Cally wrote:I'm an Alex Iwobi fan, but I didn't really notice that the guy is actually a very good dribbler, especially nutmegs.
Bro you need go watch him at the youth level before he break into first time,his first season he was a good dribbler with pace.
The boy is very good player and with confidence right now,If he had start the Liverpool game we win simple.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:I'm an Alex Iwobi fan, but I didn't really notice that the guy is actually a very good dribbler, especially nutmegs.
He is a fantastic dribbler. From when he joined the youth team at 8, he was known to humiliate opponents. I have talked a lot about this here.

But they got him to curb his dribbling and to focus on his passing and developing his vision. As one who witnessed every stage of the kid's development, it has really been a very interesting journey.

But for me, the key was when he developed into a physical specimen, with power and pace. He was little as a kid but grew from 15 to 18 yrs old.

But the real key to Iwobi was Wenger. He saw what every youth coach did not see in Iwobi before any of them did. I remember when Wenger fired the old team mates of Liam Brady from the 70s, he made coaches. These guys were racists in my eyes, I remember we lost Ejaria to Liverpool because of these coaches who preferred the English kids. They dropped Alex from the team in preference for a kid who was their darling.

I remember Alex dad going to complain to Wenger and being assured it will be fine. Only Wenger stopped Alex dad from moving on with his child. Those were dark times for many of us, what was really rotten was the support these coaches got from most of the English crowd. One of them eho wrote a blog said Alex was not good enough. The racism to me was unacceptable.

I have told this story here before. I remember when Wenger over ruled those coaches. Asked Alex be included in the team as the number 10 and Captain. For the rest of that season, Wenger ran the youth team that he built around Alex. The atmosphere was cold as many were not happy with Wenger. By the end of the season, Liam Brady announced he was quitting as head of the Academy and all those coaches were fired. Wenger replaced the whole lot if them with ex Ajax youth coaches. They were damn good.

Wenger in an attempt to improve his efforts on goal, played him as a striker for at least the next 6 months. That was another phase of his development. I have also talked about how he tried to work on his vision etc etc.

People talk about Iwobi improving under Emery, he is an improving young player. There is so much more to come and he has the right coach to take him to the next level. A coach who demanded he was given a new contract when he arrived. He has the second longest contract at the club.

But speaking as one who go to games and also know those who go to away games. I attribute Iwobi and the team improvement to the lack of negativity and pressure. Wenger last two seasons was characterised by negativity and toxidity. Players under pressure before a ball was kicked. Alex has improved because people are no longer on his back and the atmosphere is less toxic. He has more confidence to try his bags of tricks whereas he might have tried to play it safe last season.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

maceo4 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Exactly, the coach and team paid him and extended his contract, so he should repay them with his performance on the pitch...ol boy you sure sey everything dey ok for ya side? Be like sey since that Ghana girl break ya heart your posts don become rubbish....
Thoughts and prayers bigpokey.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Waffiman wrote:
He is a fantastic dribbler. From when he joined the youth team at 8, he was known to humiliate opponents. I have talked a lot about this here.

But they got him to curb his dribbling and to focus on his passing and developing his vision. As one who witnessed every stage of the kid's development, it has really been a very interesting journey.

But for me, the key was when he developed into a physical specimen, with power and pace. He was little as a kid but grew from 15 to 18 yrs old.

But the real key to Iwobi was Wenger. He saw what every youth coach did not see in Iwobi before any of them did. I remember when Wenger fired the old team mates of Liam Brady from the 70s, he made coaches. These guys were racists in my eyes, I remember we lost Ejaria to Liverpool because of these coaches who preferred the English kids. They dropped Alex from the team in preference for a kid who was their darling.

I remember Alex dad going to complain to Wenger and being assured it will be fine. Only Wenger stopped Alex dad from moving on with his child. Those were dark times for many of us, what was really rotten was the support these coaches got from most of the English crowd. One of them eho wrote a blog said Alex was not good enough. The racism to me was unacceptable.

I have told this story here before. I remember when Wenger over ruled those coaches. Asked Alex be included in the team as the number 10 and Captain. For the rest of that season, Wenger ran the youth team that he built around Alex. The atmosphere was cold as many were not happy with Wenger. By the end of the season, Liam Brady announced he was quitting as head of the Academy and all those coaches were fired. Wenger replaced the whole lot if them with ex Ajax youth coaches. They were damn good.

Wenger in an attempt to improve his efforts on goal, played him as a striker for at least the next 6 months. That was another phase of his development. I have also talked about how he tried to work on his vision etc etc.

People talk about Iwobi improving under Emery, he is an improving young player. There is so much more to come and he has the right coach to take him to the next level. A coach who demanded he was given a new contract when he arrived. He has the second longest contract at the club.

But speaking as one who go to games and also know those who go to away games. I attribute Iwobi and the team improvement to the lack of negativity and pressure. Wenger last two seasons was characterised by negativity and toxidity. Players under pressure before a ball was kicked. Alex has improved because people are no longer on his back and the atmosphere is less toxic. He has more confidence to try his bags of tricks whereas he might have tried to play it safe last season.
waffi, I know we banter a lot. But on this one, you deserve :clap: I remember you telling us gooners that Iwobi was a dribbler. I just didn't see it. All I saw when he first stepped up to the first team was his passing, vision, and linking play. You would come here and talk about the kid could dribble and I'd typically roll my eyes and think it's just another over-optimistic Waffi-tale. But on this topic, you have been right from the start! kudos. you deserve it.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

All this wan nah torey..when money come BS walks...Iwobi will be sold to a better club. Assanal has nothing to offer him as far winning mentality
SuperEagles

nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Arsenal don try for Iwobi, and we thank them, but just imagine this boy under someone like Pep