EPL is overrated - Ibra

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
EPL is overrated - Ibra

Post by cic old boy »

Take Zlat!
Zlatan Ibrahimovic believes the Premier League is overrated, but admitted a player must be able to handle the ‘rhythm’ of England’s top flight. The Swede spent a season at Manchester United, and scored 28 goals in 46 appearances despite missing ten games due to a serious knee injury. United regard Ibrahimovic as a hero despite his short spell, as the 37-year-old proved he could cut it in England.

Ibrahimovic now plays for LA Galaxy, where he has been equally prolific in front of goal, but revealed he thinks the Premier League’s reputation is deceptive. ‘I’d had a long career before I came – different kinds of countries, different kinds of clubs,’ told FourFourTwo. ‘People said, ‘You don’t need to go to England, because if you fail in England, people will always say you weren’t good enough’. Everybody was against it.

‘And guess what? That made me motivated. That gave me adrenaline. I liked the Premier League. ‘I found it very motivating and very exciting. It gets a lot of attention, although I feel the quality is a little bit overrated – the individual quality, the technical part. ‘But the rhythm is high. Even if you are the best, if you can’t handle the rhythm, the pace, then you will not succeed, because the pace is very high.’

There was speculation Ibrahimovic may be tempted back to Old Trafford, with reports claiming Jose Mourinho wanted to re-sign the striker. But Mourinho shot down those rumours last month, while Ibrahimovic is now being linked with a switch to AC Milan.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/05/former-m ... to=cbshare
http://www.naijiant.com/
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: EPL is overrated - Ibra

Post by nanijoe »

Ibrahimovic is still better than every striker at Man U..Heck Chelsea would have a realistic chance of winning the League if they had Ibra
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mods abeg increase signature limits, these quotes keep on coming oh.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

cic old boy wrote:Take Zlat!
Zlatan Ibrahimovic believes the Premier League is overrated, but admitted a player must be able to handle the ‘rhythm’ of England’s top flight. The Swede spent a season at Manchester United, and scored 28 goals in 46 appearances despite missing ten games due to a serious knee injury. United regard Ibrahimovic as a hero despite his short spell, as the 37-year-old proved he could cut it in England.

Ibrahimovic now plays for LA Galaxy, where he has been equally prolific in front of goal, but revealed he thinks the Premier League’s reputation is deceptive. ‘I’d had a long career before I came – different kinds of countries, different kinds of clubs,’ told FourFourTwo. ‘People said, ‘You don’t need to go to England, because if you fail in England, people will always say you weren’t good enough’. Everybody was against it.

‘And guess what? That made me motivated. That gave me adrenaline. I liked the Premier League. ‘I found it very motivating and very exciting. It gets a lot of attention, although I feel the quality is a little bit overrated – the individual quality, the technical part. ‘But the rhythm is high. Even if you are the best, if you can’t handle the rhythm, the pace, then you will not succeed, because the pace is very high.’

There was speculation Ibrahimovic may be tempted back to Old Trafford, with reports claiming Jose Mourinho wanted to re-sign the striker. But Mourinho shot down those rumours last month, while Ibrahimovic is now being linked with a switch to AC Milan.

But isn't this common knowledge. Take away the frenetic pace and end to end "excitement" you are left with very little :lol:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Samora Machel wrote: But isn't this common knowledge. Take away the frenetic pace and end to end "excitement" you are left with very little :lol:
If you take away all that, you are left with kung-fu fighting. This is why Ibra was successful in England at nearly 40 as he has a taekwondo black belt.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

cic old boy wrote:
Samora Machel wrote: But isn't this common knowledge. Take away the frenetic pace and end to end "excitement" you are left with very little :lol:
If you take away all that, you are left with kung-fu fighting. This is why Ibra was successful in England at nearly 40 as he has a taekwondo black belt.
What is this success? What exactly did he achieve? What impact did he make?
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Waffiman wrote:
Scored more goals than any striker at the Arse in his only season. :taunt:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

cic old boy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
You don take make up stories uncle CIC?
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Ibra - What a player. :agree:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

cic old boy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

cchinukw wrote:Ibra - What a player. :agree:
+1
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

He should have gone to the World Cup!
He jumped the Swedish ship when things were tough.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

opinions...
0:27

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

cic old boy wrote:Take Zlat!

:shock: :shock: :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote:opinions...
0:27

:lol: :lol: :lol: Na so this thing from OUR Ibra pain you? The man said the EPL is overrated and you go provide evidence of someone overrating the league! :lol: :lol: :lol:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

who opened the thread.

who scours the net looking for news about 'the overrated league'

who is it who posts MORE about the overrated league than the 'league that he likes'

pain.indeed

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote:who opened the thread.

who is it who posts MORE about the overrated league than the 'league that he likes'

pain.indeed
:lol: :lol: :lol: I live in England. I have a connection with English football. I just don't believe the hype. Remind me of what your connection is with Manchester again.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:who opened the thread.

pain.indeed
:lol: :lol: :lol: I live in England. I have a connection with English football. I just don't believe the hype. Remind me of what your connection is with Manchester again.

i thought your connection was....

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote:

I would have been there if I was in Enugu. I'm connected to Rangers by DNA and to England by residence. What is your connection with Mancunia?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:

I would have been there if I was in Enugu. I'm connected to Rangers by DNA and to England by residence. What is your connection with Mancunia?
woulda coulda
here are the highlights of your most recent Cup win....since you missed the game thread

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote:
woulda coulda
here are the highlights of your most recent Cup win....since you missed the game thread
Are you connected to Mancunia via TV or internet? OUR Ibra still thinks the EPL is overrated.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:
woulda coulda
Are you connected to Mancunia via TV or internet? OUR Ibra still thinks the EPL is overrated.
so much for your Enugu connection. Awaiting your FIRST post on this....

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote: so much for your Enugu connection. Awaiting your FIRST post on this....
I'd rather post about this overrated match.