Arsenal 1 VS Liverpool 1 Laca, Milner

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

azuka
Egg
Egg
Re: Arsenal v Liverpool.

Post by azuka »

Cristao II wrote:Are people saying Mane's goal was offside? The linesman made a massive error. Mane was no way in an offside position on that play!! He was behind the ball when the pass was made! Haba!! Is offside so difficult to understand!!
Just like the linesman or the referee of totenham and Wolves made a mistake in denying Wolves of their beautiful goal. Thus allowing you guys to escape 3-2. or are denying that wasn't a clean goal?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

The Wolves goal was a goal. Ref made a mistake. I am confused. Were you expecting any other answer?
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Cristao II wrote:The Wolves goal was a goal. Ref made a mistake. I am confused. Were you expecting any other answer?
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Just proving to you that referees are humans too and make mistakes. Even i read somewhere where Mane gave a classy reply when asked about the goal. He said paraphrasing that he scored an offside goal earlier against West Ham and it stood so no big deal if the referee thought this one he scored is offside. And that he wont lose sleep over it. That officlas are humans too.
Something in that vein.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

azuka wrote:
Cristao II wrote:The Wolves goal was a goal. Ref made a mistake. I am confused. Were you expecting any other answer?
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Just proving to you that referees are humans too and make mistakes. Even i read somewhere where Mane gave a classy reply when asked about the goal. He said paraphrasing that he scored an offside goal earlier against West Ham and it stood so no big deal if the referee thought this one he scored is offside. And that he wont lose sleep over it. That officlas are humans too.
Something in that vein.
I am confused. Did I insult the officials. I was referring to people who have the benefit of replays.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

zoldsasok wrote:
txj wrote:He only raised his flag in the 2nd phase, and that's not conjecture.
But nowadays linesmen wait for the player to come into play before raising the flag
Txj's understanding is correct especially in connection with your response above in that if the linesman was waiting for the touch (Firmino) during the first phase to wave his flag and clearly failed to do so then his waving of the flag in second phase was wrong because mane was definitely onside by then.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

green4life wrote:
zoldsasok wrote:
But nowadays linesmen wait for the player to come into play before raising the flag
Txj's understanding is correct especially in connection with your response above in that if the linesman was waiting for the touch (Firmino) during the first phase to wave his flag and clearly failed to do so then his waving of the flag in second phase was wrong because mane was definitely onside by then.
I do not think Mane being onside when Firmino kicked the ball against the bar, is in dispute.

When Mane ran towards the ball from an offside position, causing interference, the Lino should have raised his flag, according to the rules he would have been correct. This would have prevented any conjecture as to why he eventually raised the flag.

To me, I am of the opinion he raised the flag when the ball rebounded to Mane off the bar because he (Mane) had gained from an unfair offside position and interfered with play to get in position for his strike at goal.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Waffiman wrote:
green4life wrote:
zoldsasok wrote:
I do not think Mane being onside when Firmino kicked the ball against the bar, is in dispute.

When Mane ran towards the ball from an offside position, causing interference, the Lino should have raised his flag, according to the rules he would have been correct. This would have prevented any conjecture as to why he eventually raised the flag.

To me, I am of the opinion he raised the flag when the ball rebounded to Mane off the bar because he (Mane) had gained from an unfair offside position and interfered with play to get in position for his strike at goal.

That is my interpretation of the call as well.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]