The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

azuka wrote:
What are you smoking? Everyone I know agree Ozil was very good against Liverpool. He created chances and was involved in everything good about our game.

Kai! Cheap weed is very bad for the health. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Honestly our best moments in the match was when he was on the ball. Even without the ball, his movement was a big problem for the Liverpool defenders. They only had a respite when he was moved to the right. Before then on and off the ball the Liverpool defenders were just on his case. No mind Aniks he just being left behind. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

And on us signing Dembele i will say put that on hold now and get us a left defender. Or use Niles in that position. This team is good enough to challenge for the title.

Azuka, stop behaving as if na your money Arsenal dey take buy players. If we have money for Dembele, please make we sign him by all means.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
azuka wrote:
What are you smoking? Everyone I know agree Ozil was very good against Liverpool. He created chances and was involved in everything good about our game.

Honestly our best moments in the match was when he was on the ball. Even without the ball, his movement was a big problem for the Liverpool defenders. They only had a respite when he was moved to the right. Before then on and off the ball the Liverpool defenders were just on his case. No mind Aniks he just being left behind. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

And on us signing Dembele i will say put that on hold now and get us a left defender. Or use Niles in that position. This team is good enough to challenge for the title.

Azuka, stop behaving as if na your money Arsenal dey take buy players. If we have money for Dembele, please make we sign him by all means.

Una done start again. Na so we used 10m wey we for take buy outfield player especially a DM go buy Cech. The end result is Woj keeping for Juve. Enough said.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

azuka wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
azuka wrote:

Una done start again. Na so we used 10m wey we for take buy outfield player especially a DM go buy Cech. The end result is Woj keeping for Juve. Enough said.

so because of Woj, we should be afraid of making bold decisions? And with Cech and Ospina, GKs were NOT our main problems...
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
amafolas wrote:
azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Oh! Aniks, wey you?

What happened to your Xhaka is slow narrative? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

I saw him disprove your theory at FB but I remember Xhaka getting a huge cheer at the stadium when he made a 40 dash to get to the rocket paced Salah. A slow player cannot do this. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
I know you have to consider the angle of pursuit but if Xhaka was slow like you claim. He does not get close to Salah.

Now, who has been telling fables about Xhaka? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
See Olodo :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You clearly didn’t see Mo foolishly cut the ball into Xhaka’s path abi and bring him into the race? This guy na wa ohhh :rotf: :rotf:

But then again you were admonishing lambs (who meekly bowed to ya fake Ogboju) here until I had to smack you upside the head with the truth on ya fable about Mustafi’s yellow card status :taunt: :taunt:

So when it comes to boldly espousing fables, ur in a class of one :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Nor worry. By the end of this season, you will sing captain Xhaka's name. Mark my words. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Yesterday was the first time Xhaka and Torreira took on a top 4 midfield. It was 2 against 3, they won easily. That gives me so much hope.

I also have another stats showing how we have improved from being the team that gave up the most shots and chances to the team that now gives up the 3rd least shots and chances since Torreira partnered Xhaka in that midfield. That stats plus the fact that we have Auba and Lacazette who can get you a goal from nothing, gave me serious hope going into the Liverpool game.

I just hope Bellerin who was struggling by the end of the game is fit because he is now a key player in this team. We desperately need him.
Not taking anything away from Xhaka who was great in the match. But that Liverpool's goal came Xhaka's moment of positional indiscipline. He should have been tracking Milner given he was closest to him but he was caught ball watching when Holding's heel re-directed the ball to Milner's path. I expect Emery to highlight that fact while reviewing the match with the players.
Torreira also uncharacteristically lost his man earlier on in that play leading to Liverpool's game. Overall though, both xhaka and Torriera were excellent yesterday.
Spot on. I remember Rio Ferdinand and Martin Keown analysing that goal. It was great analysis.

Bellerin and Mustafi were caught in no man's land initially. This allowed for the pass over Bellerin to Mane.

Rio put this down to a lack of communication between Bells and Mustafi. He said it was Mustafi's job, like it was his when he played, to always make sure the FB was tight marking is man. Rio, said he will say to the FB, if you mark your man tight, just leave the rest to me.

Keown, by and large agreed but added. Immediately Mustafi moved towards Mane, Torreira should be covering the runner from midfield while Bells ran to fill the space Mustafi left. He said if Vieira, Petit or Gilberto were there, no goal. Rio agreed.

Rio then asked they show the position of Torreira and Xhaka. They were both out of position, static and caught completely off guard. They did not read the play or spot the danger till it was way too late.

They did not blame the goalie that much. They took the view that if Torreira and Xhaka had done their jobs properly, they should have been in position to stop Milner shooting at goal and scoring.

They blamed Bellerin, Mustafi, Torreira and Xhaka collectively, saying a breakdown in communication the key reason. The goalie was blamed slightly cause they felt he could have done better but he was let down by his defenders.

They said it was still something that needs improving in the defence. Keown suggested maybe a personnel change is necessary if coaching does not solve it.
So unfair to blame the goalie. Without the ball deflecting off Holding's ankle into Milner's path it would have been easily cleared by Kola because that was where the goalie's palming of the ball was going.
All in all, Emery now has a template going forward. Anyone counting us out of the title race is doing so at his own peril. What we just need right now is a left full back as good as Bells in January.

We do need one.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
azuka wrote:

The kid right now ain't worth 1/2 the outlay Barca put out for him but i am not sure they're ready to sell - he's part of their future.
Ousmane Dembélé & Malcom are both struggling for playing time, it's fair to suspect at least one of them goes on loan in
Jan. For Dembele - he sees Anthony Martial @ManU & Laca making bonafide noises by being on top form for national call ups - he has to get back in the mix. We've a few Dortmund ex-teammates in our manor.
As for Malcom. is he friends with Lucas Moura & do Spurs need a speedy frontman urgently. Dembele comes with proven chemistry
& personal relationships with us - but hey!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kajifu wrote:After watching Arsenal vs Liverpool again last night,my people Iwobi is currently Arsenal main man oooh.That pass to Laca is something we will be singing song if it was Ozil and saying he earn his wages today
Emery drop two points, I understand why he was piss after the game.Hope he learn from it as he was not happy with the draw,first game of the season to see Klopp beg for draw not going for a win.If Iwobi start ahead of Mkhi , Arsenal win the game simple.Klopp was surprise Iwobi did not start the game.
The team is total tough now compare to last season or the season after.The fans are behind the team as Emery demand more from the boys
The supporters are obviously excited too, because we like what we see. They have been singing at emirate"we've got our Arsenal back" and there is definitely a connection again between the fans and the team.
Now is for us to go for some long run with big wins.The league is tough,as god as beloved has been we are still 5th in the table.6 points behind first place and hopefully Manu can take some point s off City this coming weekend to keep us closer to City.That Palace draw really piss me off that was another 2 points drop.
This team is ready to compete with the big boys and belong.Next year we will be in the EPL title talk if not this year.Hope City start drop points soon to make the race interesting.

Hoping ManU drops more points by losing to keep them away from the top 4 & desperate - i don't wanna see them get an ounce of confidence.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

tolahs wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
azuka wrote:

The kid right now ain't worth 1/2 the outlay Barca put out for him but i am not sure they're ready to sell - he's part of their future.
Ousmane Dembélé & Malcom are both struggling for playing time, it's fair to suspect at least one of them goes on loan in
Jan. For Dembele - he sees Anthony Martial @ManU & Laca making bonafide noises by being on top form for national call ups - he has to get back in the mix. We've a few Dortmund ex-teammates in our manor.
As for Malcom. is he friends with Lucas Moura & do Spurs need a speedy frontman urgently. Dembele comes with proven chemistry

Waiting on Sven to do his magic re-Dembele.We need that guy.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Granit Xhaka’s 15 ball recoveries against Liverpool were the most made by an Arsenal player in a single PL match so far this season, while Lucas Torreira made the second most of any player on the pitch against Liverpool, making a total of 10 ball recoveries
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Granit Xhaka vs. Liverpool:

Most passes of any player on the pitch (84/97 completed)
Most tackles of any player on the pitch (5/7 successful)
Most ball recoveries of any player on the pitch (15)
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

ojafranpa wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
azuka wrote:

Waiting on Sven to do his magic re-Dembele.We need that guy.

:thumbs: :clap:
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Jürgen Klopp: "Arsenal did it again, brought all their strikers. I was waiting for Van Persie & Bergkamp!" txj what is your man saying here?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Gazidis looking to get Wenger to AC Milan. If true, Ramsey has a new club if he wants to go there.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Granite Shaka is beginning to live up to his name.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

ojafranpa wrote:Granit Xhaka vs. Liverpool:

But some people who watched the same match with special lenses said it was LT that did the best work destroying Loserpool - Dem no dey fear God o...How you can hate on players so much it blinds you to see the contribution na sin ..walahi .... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: na joke I dey joke o
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Waffiman wrote:Gazidis looking to get Wenger to AC Milan. If true, Ramsey has a new club if he wants to go there.

But the rumourmanagers said it was Gazalizard that sacked Wenger ? How come he is now "rumoured" to be trying to get him into AC milan ?

Chei internet warfare na real work sha :rotf: :rotf:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

The Frenchman has always insisted he will return to football in some capacity, but denied he was close to agreeing a deal with Milan. ‘The only thing I can say is, it’s fake news. If I signed somewhere I would tell you. It’s wrong,’ Wenger said on BEIN Sports. ‘I cannot master the rumours, I can only master what I do in my life. That’s wrong as well. At the moment, I’m only just focused on doing well for BEIN Sport, and that’s not easy.’

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/06/arsene-w ... to=cbshare
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
The Frenchman has always insisted he will return to football in some capacity, but denied he was close to agreeing a deal with Milan. ‘The only thing I can say is, it’s fake news. If I signed somewhere I would tell you. It’s wrong,’ Wenger said on BEIN Sports. ‘I cannot master the rumours, I can only master what I do in my life. That’s wrong as well. At the moment, I’m only just focused on doing well for BEIN Sport, and that’s not easy.’

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/
I thought you said he was sacked by Arsenal. That link claims he stepped down.

Note his words, not a flat denial, is it.

In another development:

Arsenal scout Gilles Grimandi will leave his role at The Gunners and join former chief executive Ivan Gazidis at AC Milan. This is from Gazette Bello Sport.

Grimandi is a huge loss. He is the one who has scouted the real bargains from the lower leagues in France.

Whatever the rumours are, I wish them all the best. So long as they don't face Arsenal.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

But he doesn’t run as much as King Kondogbia...still a xhak of xhit!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tolahs wrote:
kajifu wrote:After watching Arsenal vs Liverpool again last night,my people Iwobi is currently Arsenal main man oooh.That pass to Laca is something we will be singing song if it was Ozil and saying he earn his wages today
Emery drop two points, I understand why he was piss after the game.Hope he learn from it as he was not happy with the draw,first game of the season to see Klopp beg for draw not going for a win.If Iwobi start ahead of Mkhi , Arsenal win the game simple.Klopp was surprise Iwobi did not start the game.
The team is total tough now compare to last season or the season after.The fans are behind the team as Emery demand more from the boys
The supporters are obviously excited too, because we like what we see. They have been singing at emirate"we've got our Arsenal back" and there is definitely a connection again between the fans and the team.
Now is for us to go for some long run with big wins.The league is tough,as god as beloved has been we are still 5th in the table.6 points behind first place and hopefully Manu can take some point s off City this coming weekend to keep us closer to City.That Palace draw really piss me off that was another 2 points drop.
This team is ready to compete with the big boys and belong.Next year we will be in the EPL title talk if not this year.Hope City start drop points soon to make the race interesting.

Hoping ManU drops more points by losing to keep them away from the top 4 & desperate - i don't wanna see them get an ounce of confidence.
Manu will drop more points than us,we should be looking above top 4 try to push for the title and worst we might finish top 4.If we hope to finish top 4 instead of fighting for the number one spot is wrong.Remember Chelsea 2004-2005?They were just pushing silent behind us,no one gave them a chance when we went previous season unbeaten but they stay behind our back,as soon as we make mistake they move ahead of us and like they said the rest is history.They won their first league title in 50 years.City will drop points some how,stay close to them,Liverpool will find it hard when Salah,Keita and Mane gone in January.Spurs is doing same keep it close and silent,chelsea also will d rop points,not yet play Spurs,City etc and they have play us and Liverpool and Manu at home.So return leg away will forced them drop points.This league is wide open if others start take point off city. :thumb: :thumb:
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

kajifu wrote:
tolahs wrote:

Manu will drop more points than us,we should be looking above top 4 try to push for the title and worst we might finish top 4.If we hope to finish top 4 instead of fighting for the number one spot is wrong.Remember Chelsea 2004-2005?They were just pushing silent behind us,no one gave them a chance when we went previous season unbeaten but they stay behind our back,as soon as we make mistake they move ahead of us and like they said the rest is history.They won their first league title in 50 years.City will drop points some how,stay close to them,Liverpool will find it hard when Salah,Keita and Mane gone in January.Spurs is doing same keep it close and silent,chelsea also will d rop points,not yet play Spurs,City etc and they have play us and Liverpool and Manu at home.So return leg away will forced them drop points.This league is wide open if others start take point off city. :thumb: :thumb:
2019 Nations Cup is in June
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

I thought you said he was sacked by Arsenal. That link claims he stepped down.

Note his words, not a flat denial, is it.

In another development:

Arsenal scout Gilles Grimandi will leave his role at The Gunners and join former chief executive Ivan Gazidis at AC Milan. This is from Gazette Bello Sport.

Grimandi is a huge loss. He is the one who has scouted the real bargains from the lower leagues in France.

Whatever the rumours are, I wish them all the best. So long as they don't face Arsenal.

Lol I won’t even bother with ya drivel :mrgreen: but Grimaldi is useless. Good Freaking Riddance :roll: :roll: I could do a better job in talent evaluation in my sleep :roll:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Coach wrote:

But he doesn’t run as much as King Kondogbia...still a xhak of xhit!
LHMO :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bouncino wrote:
kajifu wrote:
tolahs wrote:

2019 Nations Cup is in June
Thanks for the correction ,good for Liverpool as their star players will be available during winter.