Wahala dey ooo. Ighalo injured!! Doubtful for South Africa

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Adisboy
Egg
Egg
Wahala dey ooo. Ighalo injured!! Doubtful for South Africa

Post by Adisboy »

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Wahala dey ooo. Ighalo injured!! Doubtful for South Afri

Post by maceo4 »

This kind of reporting where they don't know the actual injury, but just make a story based on reading the match report and seeing he was subbed in the 17th minute and then speculate about his readiness for a match weeks away. Didn't we read that Onyekuru was out of the SA game, only for me to see him playing in the CL?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

maceo4 wrote:This kind of reporting where they don't know the actual injury, but just make a story based on reading the match report and seeing he was subbed in the 17th minute and then speculate about his readiness for a match weeks away. Didn't we read that Onyekuru was out of the SA game, only for me to see him playing in the CL?
Onyekuru was injured but came back way ahead of schedule

Reading Ighalo's injury is a hamstring injury. We don't need to call a replacement
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Dang! My boy :(
No yawa, my other boy will replace him and have his SE coming out party. Musa is also able to play that position.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

niyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:This kind of reporting where they don't know the actual injury, but just make a story based on reading the match report and seeing he was subbed in the 17th minute and then speculate about his readiness for a match weeks away. Didn't we read that Onyekuru was out of the SA game, only for me to see him playing in the CL?

Reading Ighalo's injury is a hamstring injury. We don't need to call a replacement
My thing is how can they speculate the length of time the player will be out from their couch in Nigeria, esp. since most of the time they don't even know the injury.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote:
niyi wrote:

My thing is how can they speculate the length of time the player will be out from their couch in Nigeria, esp. since most of the time they don't even know the injury.
But it was Onyekuru’s club that listed him out for 4-6 weeks....
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Gotti wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
niyi wrote:

But it was Onyekuru’s club that listed him out for 4-6 weeks....
Are you sure about that? Only saw naija websites saying that. But Ighalo nko? How do they know he’s out of the SA match without knowing what his injury is?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

we have an abundance of forwards

any of

Musa, Oshimen, Success, Iheanacho, Onyekuru can step in.

Me I prefer Success
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Now confirmed out of the match. He will be out for 5 weeks. Onyekuru replaces him in the squad. Time for Success to step up.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/o ... ana-clash/

By Adeboye Amosu

Henry Onyekuru has been handed a late call-up as replacement for the injured Odion Ighalo for Nigeria’s 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying fixture against the Bafana Bafana of South Africa, reports Completesportsnigeria. com.
The encounter is billed for the FNB Stadium, Johannesburg next week Saturday.

The three-time African champions will also face the Cranes of Uganda in a friendly encounter at the Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba on November 20.
Ighalo sustained a harmstring injury in his club Changchun Yatai’s Chinese Super League clash against Tianjin Quanjin on Wednesday.

He was replaced in the 17th minute of the encounter by Lasse Vibe and will now be sidelined for up to five weeks.
Ighalo will also missed Changchun Yatai’s last league match of the season against Dalian Yifang, a big loss to the club who are fighting to escape the drop.
The former Watford striker has scored six goals in his last three apperances for Nigeria and has contributed 21 goals for Changchun Yatai in the CSL this season.
“@henryconyekuru replaces injured @ighalojude for game against South Africa. #SoarSuperEagles #Team9jaStrong #Afcon2019Q,” reads a tweet on the official Twitter handle of the Nigeria Football Federation.
Onyekuru only returned to action last weekend for his Turkish club, Galatasaray after picking up an injury in Nigeria’s last qualifying fixture against Libya in Sfax, Tunisia.
He was in action in Galatasaray’s 2-0 loss to German club, Schalke 04 in a UEFA Champions League clash on Tuesday.
Nigeria top Group E with nine points, one more than Bafana Bafana who sit in second position with eight points. Libya occupy third position with four points, while Seychelles have one point.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Wish him a speedy recovery. This is why we need depth in the Eagles If Success was not handed a call cup against Libya. We would be in crisis right now. The Coach got to do a better job at building depth. Should have called up Awoniyi or another striker instead of Onyekuru. Even another midfielder would have been a better move.
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

No Uzoho! No Ighalo!

Who is replacing Uzoho as the 3rd goalie?
The S. Africans know Akpeyi inside out and Enzenwa is a calamity red card waiting to happen.
I dey fear for the Eagles...
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ohenhen1 wrote:Wish him a speedy recovery. This is why we need depth in the Eagles If Success was not handed a call cup against Libya. We would be in crisis right now. The Coach got to do a better job at building depth. Should have called up Awoniyi or another striker instead of Onyekuru. Even another midfielder would have been a better move.
But he was called up, and has been called up again.....so what exactly is the point of this your 'observation'?
JEEZ. :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

They need to go beg this Mama Isaac woman;
First Deeney, now Ighalo!
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Kabalega wrote:No Uzoho! No Ighalo!

The S. Africans know Akpeyi inside out and Enzenwa is a calamity red card waiting to happen.
Thanks for your consign. :rotf:
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Adisboy wrote:Now confirmed out of the match. He will be out for 5 weeks. Onyekuru replaces him in the squad. Time for Success to step up.
Careful! Bros MACEO will demand how you knew that “from the comfort of your couch”! :lol:

Meanwhile, let’s just hope Success (or anyone else for that matter) does not get injured this weekend.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Gotti wrote:
Adisboy wrote:Now confirmed out of the match. He will be out for 5 weeks. Onyekuru replaces him in the squad. Time for Success to step up.
Careful! Bros MACEO will demand how you knew that “from the comfort of your couch”! :lol:

Meanwhile, let’s just hope Success (or anyone else for that matter) does not get injured this weekend.
Bros, this is an example of a proper report, I have zero issue with this. However, the first report was based on speculation without any details (same with the initial Onyekuru report which has turned out to be false), and that is what seems to permeate Nigerian sports (footie) journalism, not to mention their myriad of typos, misspellings, and poor grammar. But hey if that's what you consider good journalism then who am I to say otherwise, enjoy the stories from their couch to yours. :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Damunk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Wish him a speedy recovery. This is why we need depth in the Eagles If Success was not handed a call cup against Libya. We would be in crisis right now. The Coach got to do a better job at building depth. Should have called up Awoniyi or another striker instead of Onyekuru. Even another midfielder would have been a better move.
But he was called up, and has been called up again.....so what exactly is the point of this your 'observation'?

My point is Issac Success should have been called up earlier. We need depth.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

My point is Issac Success should have been called up earlier. We need depth.

Success was called up as far back as 2017 for a friendly against Senegal, he came on and did well.

Then he fell of form and chased hookers and got injured. As soon as he found form again Rohr called him up, so what exactly are you complaining about.

Rohr has done well in terms of building depth of our forward and wide players. We see this with the inclusion of (Onyekuru, Success, Chukwueze, Oshimen, Kalu)

he has done relatively well on the defensive front as well, and even though there are not as many options here he has called up the likes of (Ajayi and Collins)

Where he has failed is in the midfield and goalkeeping departments.

The fact that he has failed to look at any other goalkeeping options is highly treasonous. Is he really trying to tell us that Ezenwa is the best homebased goalkeeper, when he does not even start for Enyimba. Is there really no other keepers in Nigeria better than Akpeyi ?

And as for midfield he has failed, especially in this window to look at any other options. Usmain Muhammad is starting today in UEFA league. What about Azuibikwe, Chidebere Nwakali, Can these players not at least be observed in camp. What about the boy who plays for BOurnemouth, what about EJaria and Eze. Rohr has failed woefully in this regard.

The one place you are complaining about (forwards) is the one place Rohr has actually been 100% spot on.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

green4life wrote:

No mind Chief Kabalega! He's always looking for our troble
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Odas wrote:
green4life wrote:

No mind Chief Kabalega! He's always looking for our troble

Oga Odas, who will man the posts for the Eagles?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote:Bros, this is an example of a proper report, I have zero issue with this. However, the first report was based on speculation without any details (same with the initial Onyekuru report which has turned out to be false), and that is what seems to permeate Nigerian sports (footie) journalism, not to mention their myriad of typos, misspellings, and poor grammar. But hey if that's what you consider good journalism then who am I to say otherwise, enjoy the stories from their couch to yours. :rotf:
Bros, just chop your pie and move on... :lol:

The same Naija media outlets that reported the Onyekuru and Ighalo injuries, each of which you doubted, as well as the replacement of Ighalo with Onyekuru, have all been proven CORRECT on all three stories, and have reduced a grown-arsenaled dude to chasing obfuscatory shadows (as if CE is a news editing or spell-checking forum) in derogation of SUBSTANCE!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Gotti wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Bros, this is an example of a proper report, I have zero issue with this. However, the first report was based on speculation without any details (same with the initial Onyekuru report which has turned out to be false), and that is what seems to permeate Nigerian sports (footie) journalism, not to mention their myriad of typos, misspellings, and poor grammar. But hey if that's what you consider good journalism then who am I to say otherwise, enjoy the stories from their couch to yours. :rotf:
Bros, just chop your pie and move on... :lol:

The same Naija media outlets that reported the Onyekuru and Ighalo injuries, each of which you doubted, as well as the replacement of Ighalo with Onyekuru, have all been proven CORRECT on all three stories, and have reduced a grown-arsenaled dude to chasing obfuscatory shadows (as if CE is a news editing or spell-checking forum) in derogation of SUBSTANCE!
How were all three right when one said Onyekuru would be missing the SA match? Isn't it the same Onyekuru we just saw playing CL and replacing Ighalo? I'm the one asking for substance, what did they list as the injury in the initial report on Ighalo where was the substance there? They were simply guessing just like they did regarding Onyekuru and were wrong. Again enjoy your couch journalism, me I'll take everything they write with a pinch of salt esp. when there are no details (substance) of the injury they are reporting.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Mine own be say : even if first choice keeper don wound and Ighalo don injure, Prince Charles don talk am say 9ja no dey carry last!!!!