Ireland has poached one of our own

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Ireland has poached one of our own

Post by oloye »

https://www.balls.ie/football/michael-o ... ria-400424

Michael Oba femi is the new rave in Irish football now. A friend of mine who was involved as the Assistant coach to the team consisting of group of players of Naija descent that visited Naija a couple of years ago, called me to inform me that the lad has been called up by Ireland.

I have mixed feelings here... I have prayed and waited for the day our children born here would start to stamp their presence. Praise God for keeping alive to see this day... But it looks like even Ireland will be poaching our children from now on. Here is wishing Obafemi all the best.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ireland has poached one of our own

Post by Eaglezbeak »

oloye wrote:https://www.balls.ie/football/michael-o ... ria-400424

Michael Oba femi is the new rave in Irish football now. A friend of mine who was involved as the Assistant coach to the team consisting of group of players of Naija descent that visited Naija a couple of years ago, called me to inform me that the lad has been called up by Ireland.

I have mixed feelings here... I have prayed and waited for the day our children born here would start to stamp their presence. Praise God for keeping alive to see this day... But it looks like even Ireland will be poaching our children from now on. Here is wishing Obafemi all the best.
Ok!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The boy try sha. At least no be Northern Ireland poach am. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The boy try sha. At least no be Northern Ireland poach am. :laugh:
Instead of playing for Northern Ireland, might as well play for England. Same passport.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Oloye, I believe the truth to be that we still do not have a structured monitoring system for our national sides. Thus identifying true talent, even at home, is hit-and-miss. It is 2018 but we are still no different from Cameroon, which missed out on Mbappe because, according to his father, people in their football wanted a bribe. We need an ongoing programme for the youth teams anchored on friendlies, with two or three such matches played abroad each year to which we invite some prospects.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Polly wrote:Oloye, I believe the truth to be that we still do not have a structured monitoring system for our national sides. Thus identifying true talent, even at home, is hit-and-miss. It is 2018 but we are still no different from Cameroon, which missed out on Mbappe because, according to his father, people in their football wanted a bribe. We need an ongoing programme for the youth teams anchored on friendlies, with two or three such matches played abroad each year to which we invite some prospects.
We have more talent in his position that we know what to do with at this time. Let’s be honest , if the boy was playing in Nigeria or Holland you won’t even know his name. But since it’s England then it’s the daft Nff that missed the boat. Trust me, Nff know a heck of a lot more than we about our boys. No loss here.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

Polly wrote:Oloye, I believe the truth to be that we still do not have a structured monitoring system for our national sides. Thus identifying true talent, even at home, is hit-and-miss. It is 2018 but we are still no different from Cameroon, which missed out on Mbappe because, according to his father, people in their football wanted a bribe. We need an ongoing programme for the youth teams anchored on friendlies, with two or three such matches played abroad each year to which we invite some prospects.
The truth is our refusal to fully develop many of our home based talents.
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I am not worried about Ireland.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

You have valid points here. But then I don't think we would ever be able to get at all the available talents whether we like it or not. Ireland are in dire need of players, their pool of talents appear to have dried up, the few good ones appear to prefer to play for England or wait endlessly for a call from England. Declan Rice of Westham is waiting, there is another yeye one at Aston Villa. So out of desperation they are going to go after anyone with decent ability

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

If they poach Oloye Junior we will just ban Oloye from CE.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Congrats to Ireland for grabbing him. Maybe they will finally qualify for a WC. :thumbs:

Wha choo looking at?!
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

aruako1 wrote:If they poach Oloye Junior we will just ban Oloye from CE.
You are too drastic. I don't believe in bans. I believe in action. We'd simply kidnap Oloye himself. In 24 hours, palava finish! Quietly.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

:lol: :lol:

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Polly wrote:
You are too drastic. I don't believe in bans. I believe in action. We'd simply kidnap Oloye himself. In 24 hours, palava finish! Quietly.
And you say you don't believe in drastic actions :scared:

Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

I wonder why all these folks detest their Naija roots?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Rawlings wrote:I wonder why all these folks detest their Naija roots?
Maybe it is because of Nigeria's association with Ghana
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Rawlings wrote:I wonder why all these folks detest their Naija roots?
They are loved by their European countries so sometimes they go with the European countries. Contrast with Mario Balotelli who preferred Italy (despite all the hate) to Ghana.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Polly wrote:
No need for kidnapping.
We just lure him into a honey trap, get them to press his 'rapid fire' button, then release him.
9 months later we are set. :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

oloye wrote: the few good ones appear to prefer to play for England or wait endlessly for a call from England. Declan Rice of Westham is waiting, there is another yeye one at Aston Villa. So out of desperation they are going to go after anyone with decent ability
If you are referring to Jack Grealish of Aston Villa, he is English of Irish descent and only agreed to play for Ireland when it seemed the England door was shut on him (I think he played for Ireland in a friendly or their U23 team). England then made him aware he still had a chance so he didn't pull the trigger on Ireland.

If The Villa were in the Premiership, he would have been a regular squad member at the very least.

Michael is as Irish as Jack is as English, no overlap there.
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Damunk wrote:
Polly wrote:
No need for kidnapping.
We just lure him into a honey trap, get them to press his 'rapid fire' button, then release him.
This won't work. The man has been abroad for too long and him nor strong again, which means if they use this method, he will be sending us a Falcon, not an Eagle!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Aswani wrote:
oloye wrote: the few good ones appear to prefer to play for England or wait endlessly for a call from England. Declan Rice of Westham is waiting, there is another yeye one at Aston Villa. So out of desperation they are going to go after anyone with decent ability
If you are referring to Jack Grealish of Aston Villa, he is English of Irish descent and only agreed to play for Ireland when it seemed the England door was shut on him (I think he played for Ireland in a friendly or their U23 team). England then made him aware he still had a chance so he didn't pull the trigger on Ireland.

If The Villa were in the Premiership, he would have been a regular squad member at the very least.

Michael is as Irish as Jack is as English, no overlap there.
Yes I am talking about Grealish. He may be English but he has connection to Ireland hence they courted him. As for being regular member, I doubt if he is good enough, else he would have been capped. He had a great year the year Aston Villa played in the FA Cup, he has not been able to hit the form since. It is well documented that the Irish see him as theirs as he played in their age grade competition.

He is a young man who has issues that needs to be sorted out and for his head to be in the right place. He is way way far from the Grealish of a few seasons back. He might turn out to another Mark Noble who waited and waited.... One can understand Noble since his Irish ancestry is more from the grand parents law. Grealish is Irish from the first

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Polly wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Polly wrote:
No need for kidnapping.
This won't work. The man has been abroad for too long and him nor strong again, which means if they use this method, he will be sending us a Falcon, not an Eagle!
All of una nor serious... Abeg na Damunk advice good pass. Even me sef I have no objection to that one :lol:

okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

oloye wrote:
Polly wrote:
And you say you don't believe in drastic actions :scared:
Chai! Go warn junior, make you no miss overnight. :rotf:
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.