South Africa 1- 1 Nigeria FT Naija qualifies

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Goldleaf
Egg
Egg
Re: South Africa 1- 1 Nigeria FT Naija qualifies

Post by Goldleaf »

Congrats Super Eagles!

We qualified.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

green4life wrote:We don’t like peace. We don’t like continuity. We don’t like steady progress. We prefer drama. We must complain about everything even when we achieved our objective. That’s why we’re Naijarians.
:rotf: nah so we see am
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Nigeria under Rohr can defeat any African team. He has done it in the past and can do it in the future. I learned that after our previous WCQ and my only worries is defeating The best teams in the world
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Otitokoro wrote:This is what happens when you fail to take care of business:
Source
Nigeria Were Lucky – South Africa Coach Boast After Forcing Super Eagles To 1-1 Draw In AFCON Qualifiers
November 17, 20180184

Coach of South Africa Staurt Baxter says he is disappointment that his team didn’t pick up all three points against Nigeria despite his team coming from behind to draw 1-1 in their penultimate AFCON 2019 Qualifiers.

Baxter’s team were fortunate to have two big decision their way when Nigeria were wrongly flagged for offside after putting the ball in the back of the net.

Nigeria are through to next year AFCON thanks to the draw and Baxter insist that Nigeria were lucky to have nicked a draw as his team were way better than the Nigerians despite his team coming from behind.

” I’m disappointed that we couldn’t win. We were better than Nigeria in both halves. They were lucky to have picked a draw because we could easily have won. On the other hand I’m happy that we picked three points against this Nigerian team”, Baxter said at the post match interview.

South Africa now need at least a point to join Nigeria at next year Africa Cup of Nations with their next opponents Libya who will be at home in the fixture needing a win after beating Seychelles 8-1 away from home.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: this must be satire
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

john12 wrote:Nigeria under Rohr can defeat any African team. He has done it in the past and can do it in the future. I learned that after our previous WCQ and my only worries is defeating The best teams in the world
I don't think so - We can't beat Egypt nor Morocco, Tunisia to mention but a few.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Let me give you one example. Iwobi was fagged shotly after half time. Rohr kept him on and Musa on when it was obvious from their passing they were spent. What did Rohr do? He kept them on and tortured them, while playing at altitude. Well done Rohr.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

We defeated an ALGERIA team that had the best players in AFRICA in 2006 idk that we cannot defeat Egypt, Morocco or Tunisia and this is not to say that we cannot lose to them eithe
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Those are different teams, Go and watch those teams I listed of which I've been following closely. Then we can discuss. 2006 is 2 years ago - Football is dynamic.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

So he should had removed IWOBI our best playmaker that can change a game in a second? (See musa disallowed goal) or SE best ever Striker in my Generation (MUSA) for some unknown youngster that can disappoint and his SE career might be over? I’m glad you’re not the coach. Just CONGRATULATE rohr for qualifying because ANC isn’t SE birthright we have missed 2 in a row
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

metalalloy wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:This is what happens when you fail to take care of business:
Source
Nigeria Were Lucky – South Africa Coach Boast After Forcing Super Eagles To 1-1 Draw In AFCON Qualifiers
November 17, 20180184

Coach of South Africa Staurt Baxter says he is disappointment that his team didn’t pick up all three points against Nigeria despite his team coming from behind to draw 1-1 in their penultimate AFCON 2019 Qualifiers.

Baxter’s team were fortunate to have two big decision their way when Nigeria were wrongly flagged for offside after putting the ball in the back of the net.

Nigeria are through to next year AFCON thanks to the draw and Baxter insist that Nigeria were lucky to have nicked a draw as his team were way better than the Nigerians despite his team coming from behind.

” I’m disappointed that we couldn’t win. We were better than Nigeria in both halves. They were lucky to have picked a draw because we could easily have won. On the other hand I’m happy that we picked three points against this Nigerian team”, Baxter said at the post match interview.

South Africa now need at least a point to join Nigeria at next year Africa Cup of Nations with their next opponents Libya who will be at home in the fixture needing a win after beating Seychelles 8-1 away from home.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: this must be satire
I wish we could have a replay. SA were lucky to get a point.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Of course Egypt, Tunisia and Morocco are different teams than 2016 Algeria but the key thing is QUALITY. Algeria 2016 team were much talented and better than the present Egypt Morocco and Tunisia team. We can definitely defeat/lose to any of them
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

DIMKA76 wrote:Those are different teams, Go and watch those teams I listed of which I've been following closely. Then we can discuss. 2006 is 2 years ago - Football is dynamic.
The same Morroco that couldn't beat Comoros?
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

lacidi wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:Those are different teams, Go and watch those teams I listed of which I've been following closely. Then we can discuss. 2006 is 2 years ago - Football is dynamic.
The same Morroco that couldn't beat Comoros?
So na one game you dey take analyse to make conclusion? carry on....
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

DIMKA76 wrote:After watching today's game. I can finally say "Naija need a better coach" Rohr took us as far as he could go at the world cup, He isn't a game reader neither is he proactive or dynamic. Making 2 substitutions with less than 3 minutes to go, I mean what was that about?
With all due respect...... people like you are the ones hold Nigeria back with this type mindset.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Holland beat Germany and France....... anytime can happen when you play as a team on the green grass.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

wale1974 wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:After watching today's game. I can finally say "Naija need a better coach" Rohr took us as far as he could go at the world cup, He isn't a game reader neither is he proactive or dynamic. Making 2 substitutions with less than 3 minutes to go, I mean what was that about?
With all due respect...... people like you are the ones hold Nigeria back with this type mindset.
People like you fail to plan with strategy. Never analyse a "Good" result and wonder "what happened" when it all goes belly-up.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Pajimoh and others what happened. I thought you guys were threatening to wipe the floor with bafana bafana and really trounce them :oops: :shock: :sneaky:

Don't give me the but we still qualified story :taunt:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Samora Machel wrote:Pajimoh and others what happened. I thought you guys were threatening to wipe the floor with bafana bafana and really trounce them :oops: :shock: :sneaky:

High altitude and 30 degrees in the middle of the day. Plus we were robbed 2 clear goals.

Play this match at a regular hour with competent linesmen and no altitude we would trounce this team.

Even the SA players were gassed in that stadium.

That venue was SA only chance to achieve anything and they knew it, yet the linesmen still had to save them with blatant cheating.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

ohenhen1 wrote:South Africa is a rubbish team and their coach is also a rubbish coach. I guess we were lucky to have two clean goals disallowed. Also Omeruo missing an open net from six yards out. The NFF should file a protest. We remember what happened to Senegal.
Yes against Omeruo for missing an open net.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Samora Machel wrote:Pajimoh and others what happened. I thought you guys were threatening to wipe the floor with bafana bafana and really trounce them :oops: :shock: :sneaky:

Is that why CAF appointed incompetent linesmen who couldn't understand offside rules. SA posturing like they played well. A weakened Nigerian side went to SA and y'all got scared. SA sucked big time just like their girls are sucking during the ongoing female youth World Cup. Just pray that you can beat Libya else it is going to be a sorry few years for your sorry eyes and weak behinds.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Well done boys. I can still go to work tomorrow with a bit of "flair" ;)
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I don't need to answer Samora, you've all done it foe me. I'm convinced SA bought that game. They did everything possible to win, including playing the game at a venue not even appreciated by their own fans.

How 2 perfectly good goals were chalked off for offside is still upsetting.
CAF should look at this ref very well. Dodgy as hell
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

pajimoh wrote:I don't need to answer Samora, you've all done it foe me. I'm convinced SA bought that game. They did everything possible to win, including playing the game at a venue not even appreciated by their own fans.

How 2 perfectly good goals were chalked off for offside is still upsetting.
CAF should look at this ref very well. Dodgy as hell
:rotf: :rotf:
All the best to the super eagles all the same :thumbs:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q