Nigeria, Ghana and Ivory Coast should bid for WC 2034

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Nigeria, Ghana and Ivory Coast should bid for WC 2034

Post by Rawlings »

....My fear is that Naija does not have the needed infrastructure

Spain and Portugal considering joint World Cup 2030 bid with Morocco after meeting of Prime Ministers
  • Spain and Portugal are considering a joint intercontinental bid with Morocco
    The three nations could collectively host the 2030 World Cup tournament
    Spain's Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez recently visited Rabat in Morocco
    He discussed with Prime Minister Saadedin Al Othmani and King Mohamed VI
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... rocco.html
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria, Ghana and Ivory Coast should bid for WC 2034

Post by Odas »

Rawlings wrote:....My fear is that Naija does not have the needed infrastructure

Spain and Portugal considering joint World Cup 2030 bid with Morocco after meeting of Prime Ministers
The "joint bid" idea is gradually getting ridiculous. It is getting out of hand. How can Spain, Portugal and Morocco bid to host a World cup tournament? The joint bids should be limited - in my opinion - to two nations sharing the same border (close to each other). Any other combination is crap.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Lol. Ghana wants to use the back door to qualify. Chei, DNQ no good o.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...those 3 countries does not equate to an advanced country, where basic amenities are available to the common citizen, talk less to millions of visitors who might come to watch game.
If you like let the whole of Africa bid, still not equal to one European, Asian, or the Americas country :sad:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:Lol. Ghana wants to use the back door to qualify. Chei, DNQ no good o.
Professor Rawlings, did you hear that? Please respond :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Odas wrote:
Rawlings wrote:....My fear is that Naija does not have the needed infrastructure

The "joint bid" idea is gradually getting ridiculous. It is getting out of hand. How can Spain, Portugal and Morocco bid to host a World cup tournament? The joint bids should be limited - in my opinion - to two nations sharing the same border (close to each other). Any other combination is crap.
Bros take a look at a google map please... :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mcal wrote:...those 3 countries does not equate to an advanced country, where basic amenities are available to the common citizen, talk less to millions of visitors who might come to watch game.
If you like let the whole of Africa bid, still not equal to one European, Asian, or the Americas country :sad:
What? Are you sure about that? The whole of Africa (nations) is not equal to one European, Asian or American nation?
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

mcal wrote:...those 3 countries does not equate to an advanced country, where basic amenities are available to the common citizen, talk less to millions of visitors who might come to watch game.
Who is this angel*.....how can u make that statement? Do u even know why football is played in the first place??

Getting to host a World Cup will mean good investment that will be used to improve the facilities in these countries....and also the local business will gain from it as well( before u bring up corrupt officials)

To make a statement like above....should result in public flogging.....

I don’t like throwing insults but that must be the most iidiotic statement I have heard all year....
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Odas wrote:

Spain is close to Morrocco, easier to travel to Morrocco from Spain, I think a crossing at Valencia or near
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Prince wrote:
Odas wrote:

Spain is close to Morrocco, easier to travel to Morrocco from Spain, I think a crossing at Valencia or near
... yeah, but the little gap (sea or water) between Spain and Morocco says a lot. Will the fans travel between Morocco and Spain by boat, ship or Plane? Personally, I think Morocco should bid with its African neighbors
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Odas wrote:
Prince wrote:
Odas wrote:

... yeah, but the little gap (sea or water) between Spain and Morocco says a lot. Will the fans travel between Morocco and Spain by boat, ship or Plane? Personally, I think Morocco should bid with its African neighbors
40 minutes by plane, shorter than some distance in Russia, 2o minutes by boat with your car.......

https://www.directferries.co.uk/ferries ... _spain.htm
really beautiful and rich in history, lost of Golf courses, while we are waiting for games, they should allow me to sell it

There are numerous ferry crossings operating from Morocco to Spain. Ferries currently connect 4 ports in Morocco with 6 ports in Spain.

There are a combined number of 62 ferry crossings each day across a selection of 8 Ferry Routes which are operated by 8 ferry companies including Balearia, Trasmediterranea, FRS, Naviera Armas, Grandi Navi Veloci, Grimaldi Lines, Inter Shipping & AML with the shortest crossing taking around 59 minutes (Tangier to Tarifa).

This is a general summary of the services on offer between Morocco and Spain, for live information select from our Fare Search.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Good idea, if it works, Morocco should stage majority of the matches..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Prince wrote:
Odas wrote:
Prince wrote:
Odas wrote:

40 minutes by plane, shorter than some distance in Russia, 2o minutes by boat with your car.......

really beautiful and rich in history, lost of Golf courses, while we are waiting for games, they should allow me to sell it

There are numerous ferry crossings operating from Morocco to Spain. Ferries currently connect 4 ports in Morocco with 6 ports in Spain.

There are a combined number of 62 ferry crossings each day across a selection of 8 Ferry Routes which are operated by 8 ferry companies including Balearia, Trasmediterranea, FRS, Naviera Armas, Grandi Navi Veloci, Grimaldi Lines, Inter Shipping & AML with the shortest crossing taking around 59 minutes (Tangier to Tarifa).

This is a general summary of the services on offer between Morocco and Spain, for live information select from our Fare Search.
Wow! More access to and from Spain than I thought. However, I still I think Morocco should bid for the tournament with its African neighbors.
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

I saw Morocco from Gibraltar with my korokoro eye - that bid made sense die
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Odas wrote:
What? Are you sure about that? The whole of Africa (nations) is not equal to one European, Asian or American nation?
...in the terms of organizing, decorum, and providing the basics. We all know why South Africa got it before.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Odas wrote:
Prince wrote:
Odas wrote:
Prince wrote:
Odas wrote:

Wow! More access to and from Spain than I thought. However, I still I think Morocco should bid for the tournament with its African neighbors.
That is why I asked you to look at a map.... :mrgreen:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Morocco ,Algeria and Tunisia should do the bid.So we have many African countries at the cup that is like 8,it give us chance to win it.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Morocco ,Algeria and Tunisia should do the bid.So we have many African countries at the cup that is like 8,it give us chance to win it.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nigeria has maybe 3 world cup standard stadiums

Abuja(60K), Lagos (45K), Akwa Ibom(30K)

Two of them need major renovations.

Nigeria can't host the world cup. We don't have the support infrastructure. We will also have to expand the Akwa Ibom seating capacity to about 45K seating capacity.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

ohenhen1 wrote:Nigeria has maybe 3 world cup standard stadiums

Abuja(60K), Lagos (45K), Akwa Ibom(30K)

Two of them need major renovations.

Nigeria can't host the world cup. We don't have the support infrastructure. We will also have to expand the Akwa Ibom seating capacity to about 45K seating capacity.
Then again Qatar had none and will be hosting one next.

Getting funds to build a World Cup stadium is easy let alone develop one. The surrounding infrastructure is the likely stumbling block and the travel logistics. Between Nigeria, Ghana and Cameroon....they should be able to rustle up the needed astadiums and the respective FA’s and federal government should sort the infrastructure.

Before the SA World Cup, all we heard was the crime rate and so on but I thought that it one of the best WC in recent years. West African WC will be more about culture than technology.....more about hospitality than over-inflated comforts like air conditioned stadiums.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........