Copa libertadores madness {Kasala don burst for Boca}

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Copa libertadores madness {Kasala don burst for Boca}

Post by oloye »

This is some crazy final. I thought Boca fans were crazy, but damn it these River Plate fans came down from hell to ensure that their team wins.

They vandalised the Boca bus on the way to the stadium, left some Boca players injured with splintered glasses in their eyes.

Stadium packed full with 60,000 fans from hell, match behind by 2 hours... What should Commebol do?

Who is the mad geniuse who failed to foresee this mayhem and thought it a good idea to allow these teams to play home and away
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Copa libertadores madness

Post by txj »

So much hype about this game and its ended up a real farce.

First game was rained out. Now this...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Postponed to tomorrow. Even as a neutral, I am now pumped up as well.... This is so crazy stuff
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

They don't call it the fiercest rivalry in the world for nothing.

A few things about this rivalry

Argentinan broadcasters provide separate commentary for both sets of fans in a serious attempt to reduce the number of heart attacks during these games

One Boca fan was heard to say when he dies he wants to be buried with two river plate fans his logic "for every one of ours that dies two of theirs must die"
Last edited by Chimurenga Rebel on Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

like i already stated already; these are jobless people. if they had a career football follower ship would be secondary like you see in western nations and Africa. these are no virtues to emulate as Mugus like CIC would like you to believe. there is absolutely nothing in Argentina any Nigerian should be jealous of. it is wretched country.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

jette1 wrote:like i already stated already; these are jobless people. if they had a career football follower ship would be secondary like you see in western nations and Africa. these are no virtues to emulate as Mugus like CIC would like you to believe. there is absolutely nothing in Argentina any Nigerian should be jealous of. it is wretched country.
Why mention it?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The final is at 2, I will most def watch this madness
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Jette1 :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Its been postponed.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sir V wrote:Its been postponed.
IMHO, I thought the attempt to play the next day was overly optimistic considering the circumstances. It is best to put this stuff off until they have fully discussed the way forward and that was unlikely to happen in 24 hours.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

A few years ago, Boca was kicked out of the round of 16 for similar incidents, so the right thing to do is to cancel the game and award Boca a 0-2 win.
But everyone wants to make money.
This whole incident is free advertising. :drool: :drool:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

jette1 wrote:like i already stated already; these are jobless people. if they had a career football follower ship would be secondary like you see in western nations and Africa. these are no virtues to emulate as Mugus like CIC would like you to believe. there is absolutely nothing in Argentina any Nigerian should be jealous of. it is wretched country.
Aren't you the guy always posting amateur academic psychology on Rant and Rave? You have not figured this one out? Have you read Bill Buford's Among the Thugs? When English football thugs terrorized Europe, you think it was jobless people who invaded countries on the continent? Many had high-paying jobs and a few were career people.

It's a modern tribal thing my friend, something young men do when they can get away with it, and sometimes when they can't get away with it. Some people think tribal war is in human blood, particularly in the blood of young men. In tribal days, the score was calculated in human heads. :idea: Today they smash things and throw rocks instead of spears.

Argentinians take football very seriously. Their club football can be total madness, and the maddest of all is the Boca v River Plate derby. Some people suggest that you cannot call yourself a real world football fan until you have gone to see the spectacle known as the Superclassico, the greatest derby in the world, and the globe's Eighth Wonder. The stadia literally quake throughout the game with fans jumping up and down non-stop.

Don't yab what you don't understand. Africans ke? We have nothing on these folks.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

ohsee wrote:
Aren't you the guy always posting amateur academic psychology on Rant and Rave? You have not figured this one out? Have you read Bill Buford's Among the Thugs? When English football thugs terrorized Europe, you think it was jobless people who invaded countries on the continent? Many had high-paying jobs and a few were career people.

It's a modern tribal thing my friend, something young men do when they can get away with it, and sometimes when they can't get away with it. Some people think tribal war is in human blood, particularly in the blood of young men. In tribal days, the score was calculated in human heads. :idea: Today they smash things and throw rocks instead of spears.

Argentinians take football very seriously. Their club football can be total madness, and the maddest of all is the Boca v River Plate derby. Some people suggest that you cannot call yourself a real world football fan until you have gone to see the spectacle known as the Superclassico, the greatest derby in the world, and the globe's Eighth Wonder. The stadia literally quake throughout the game with fans jumping up and down non-stop.

Don't yab what you don't understand. Africans ke? We have nothing on these folks.
Sometimes you just have to ignore Jette.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

I hate to see these extremes ,but advertisers loves these -ish too. As they say " Saturday won't be saturday If not for sport"
Its extra spice. Its all in the name of creating a bubble ard a money spinning venture. Its like watching showBiz in America; there's got to be controversy.
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Apparently, RIver Plate mafia Barra Brava were behind the attack.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46341666

Copa Libertadores: River Plate 'mafia' blamed for Boca Juniors bus attack

River Plate hooligans described as the "mafia of Argentine soccer" were behind the attack on Boca Juniors' bus before the Copa Libertadores final second leg, says the mayor of Buenos Aires.

Saturday's game was delayed by 24 hours then postponed, with its rescheduling set to be discussed on Tuesday.

Several Boca players were injured when the windows on the bus were broken on the way to River's Estadio Monumental.

Buenos Aires mayor Horacio Rodriguez Larreta said it was a revenge attack.

He said the incident occurred a day after police raided the house of a leader of the Barra Brava - the powerful and violent wing of River's hardcore support.

They confiscated 10 millions pesos (£207,285) and 300 tickets for the final.

"The problem is the Barra Brava - a mafia who have been embedded in football for more than 50 years," he added.

"They are responsible for these incidents. This is directly related to the episode the day before. So 300 people were not allowed in and they were the principle protagonists of everything that happened."

36 hours that shamed Argentine football

South American football expert Tim Vickery says the Barra Brava makes their money through nefarious activities, including selling tickets on the black market.

"The hooligans in Argentina, it's not just passion, it's a business. Tickets were exchanging hands at extraordinary prices," he told BBC Radio 4.

"So one interpretation of the violence here from the River Plate supporters is that this was a revenge attack from an organised group of thugs, against the police for not allowing them to profit from this match."

Boca players suffered cuts from the glass and were also affected by the tear gas used by police to disperse the crowds.

Club officials asked South American football's governing body Conmebol to take action and allow those affected by Saturday's incidents to recover further.

Larreta called on both clubs to collaborate with the investigation into what happened and said he would do "whatever it takes to get to the bottom of this problem".

"We need to find out who gave them the tickets and overcome the mafia of the Barra," he added. "This is our biggest challenge and we are going forward on that basis."

Conmebol says it will meet with with the presidents of Boca Juniors and River Plate on Tuesday at 13:00 GMT to make a decision on when the match will be replayed.

....... article continues....
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

So they are still talking about replay... These *kindpeople* only care about money....

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

oloye wrote:So they are still talking about replay... These *kindpeople* only care about money....
I think they should take the game to neutral zone....................Heck move it out of the country self.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

ohsee wrote:

I just now stumbled on your 'narrative' and that's being generous if you wanna keep this civil. Perhaps you need to visit the US at some point in your life and go and see American football - the ultimate violent sports and how the players and fans have adapted. That your so called remnant tribal war tendencies embedded in human traits are now expressed in less violent ways in highly civilized industrialized nations. Environment is the greatest transformer of most of our violent innate pathways. And our innate tendencies don't change much in places where the environment haven't changed much. But I'm at work at the moment so check this page for evidence based non violent debunk of your narrative.

Im back as i promised I would; first let me at a very basic level deconstruct your misinformed premise on basic Psych 101. the first things you learn in psych is that at cellular level certain genes that control certain traits become recessive and the traits less expressed the more the need for it become defunct. And the ultimate determinant of expression or non expression of a given trait is the environment. the more the environment changes in favor of a previously difficult task the less the need for a given related gene to toughen it up and hence the more recessive it becomes. let me systematically give you a simple example of this at play. The isolated islanders in the news recently somewhere in the pacific ocean that killed that white dude are just like me and you anatomically yet they still operate on fear factors because their environment hasn't changed much. as opposed to yourself where tempered emotions have been intergenerationally transmitted onto you hence rendering your once dominant violent related gene recessive and un-needed. honestly this is a waste of my time my friend i got better things to do.
Last edited by jette1 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:10 am, edited 6 times in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The River fans sound like they have been taking lessons from West Ham fans...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=255635&p=4778517&hi ... n#p4778517

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=286805&p=5198699&hi ... s#p5198699

oloye wrote:This is some crazy final. I thought Boca fans were crazy, but damn it these River Plate fans came down from hell to ensure that their team wins.

They vandalised the Boca bus on the way to the stadium, left some Boca players injured with splintered glasses in their eyes.

Stadium packed full with 60,000 fans from hell, match behind by 2 hours... What should Commebol do?

Who is the mad geniuse who failed to foresee this mayhem and thought it a good idea to allow these teams to play home and away
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

jette1 wrote:
ohsee wrote:

I just now stumbled on your 'narrative' and that's being generous if you wanna keep this civil. Perhaps you need to visit the US at some point in your life and go and see American football - the ultimate violent sports and how the players and fans have adapted. That your so called remnant tribal war tendencies embedded in human traits are now expressed in less violent ways in highly civilized industrialized nations. Environment is the greatest transformer of most of our violent innate pathways. And our innate tendencies don't change much in places where the environment haven't changed much. But I'm at work at the moment so check this page for evidence based non violent debunk of your narrative.

Im back as i promised I would; first let me at a very basic level deconstruct your misinformed premise on basic Psych 101. the first things you learn in psych is that at cellular level certain genes that control certain traits become recessive and the traits less expressed the more the need for it become defunct. And the ultimate determinant of expression or non expression of a given trait is the environment. the more the environment changes in favor of a previously difficult task the less the need for a given related gene to toughen it up and hence the more recessive it becomes. let me systematically give you a simple example of this at play. The isolated islanders in the news recently somewhere in the pacific ocean that killed that white dude are just like me and you anatomically yet they still operate on fear factors because their environment hasn't changed much. as opposed to yourself where tempered emotions have been intergenerationally transmitted onto you hence rendering your once dominant violent related gene recessive and un-needed. honestly this is a waste of my time my friend i got better things to do.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
jette, jette, jette. :lol: :lol:
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

they have moved the game 8000 miles to Doha :rotf: :rotf:
money wins
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

jette1 wrote:
ohsee wrote:

[/video]

[/video]

[/video]

[/video]

Ahem uncle easy abeg.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

metalalloy wrote:
jette1 wrote:
ohsee wrote:

[/video]

[/video]

[/video]

[/video]

Ahem uncle easy abeg.
Abeg for the last video... Na which kain blow dey make trouser fall down from person yansh :roll: