Another Right Back in the Mix....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Another Right Back in the Mix....

Post by Otitokoro »

as Moses Odubajo supposedly commits to Nigeria
Highly-Rated Brentford Defender Odubajo Pledges Future To Nigeria Over England
Published: November 27, 2018

Allnigeriasoccer.com has been informed that Brentford star Moses Odubajo has opted to commit his international future to Nigeria over his country of birth, England.

The versatile fullback has long been on the radar of the Nigeria Football Federation and was first approached to represent the Dream Team back in 2014 but club commitments prevented him from attending a training camp in Abuja.

Odubajo was the first choice on a list of potential targets for the then problematic Super Eagles right back position but he suffered a long-term injury which kept him on the sidelines for two years.

Foreign-born trio Brian Idowu, Tyronne Ebuehi and Ola Aina were later convinced by the Nigerian Federation to play for the Super Eagles after question marks were raised about Odubajo's fitness.

The 25-year-old's injury problems are over and has figured for Brentford in seven of their last eight games in the Championship.

His representatives, USM Agency, have assured that he'll accept an invitation to play for the Super Eagles if called up for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Seychelles in March 2019.

Although Odubajo earned six England U20 caps, no paperwork is needed before he switches allegiance to Nigeria as all the games were international friendlies.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
ogasir
Egg
Egg
Re: Another Right Back in the Mix....

Post by ogasir »

He was doing shakara before http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/07/ex ... ty-switch/ :boo:. Now he thinks he can just walk into the SE after not kicking a ball in two yrs.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Too late we have Ekpolo and Seth Sincere keeping up with Tyrone and Aina.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Who the phcuk are these?
We need people who can add value to the squad, not a bunch of nobodies.
wale1974 wrote:Too late we have Ekpolo and Seth Sincere keeping up with Tyrone and Aina.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

The Sun UK
FLYING WITH EAGLES Brentford full-back Moses Odubajo to switch allegiance from England to Nigeria
It means the 25-year-old could be starring in the African Nations Cup in March next year

EXCLUSIVE
By Mike McGrath
26th November 2018, 10:05 amUpdated: 26th November 2018, 10:10 am

BRENTFORD full-back Moses Odubajo has been approached for a Nigeria call-up.

The 25-year-old, who played for England’s youth teams under Aidy Boothroyd, is set to switch countries to play in the African Nations Cup.

Moses Odubajo has battled back from serious injury to start for Brentford in the Championship

Odubajo has battled back from two years of injury hell with a dislocated knee to rejoin Brentford this season and get regular games in the Championship.
And he will get rewarded with an international call-up after getting on the radar of Nigeria boss Gerard Rohr. Odubajo will be included in the squad for next year’s qualifier against Seychelles, with the finals now held at the end of the season in Cameroon.

Earlier this season Odubajo admitted he considered QUITTING during his two years of injury hell.
Moses Odubajo played for England U20s in 2015 - but has yet to make a senior appearance for the Three Lions
The 25-year-old made five appearances under Aidy Boothroyd's England stewardship - but he is poised to switch and play for Nigeria
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Otitokoro wrote:Who the phcuk are these?
wale1974 wrote:Too late we have Ekpolo and Seth Sincere keeping up with Tyrone and Aina.
Do you think someone who has not kicked a ball in two yrs can add "value" to the SE
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Na wa for agents o. So we cannot have one day of peace on this broad without an agent peddling one junk player or the other?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

And who is the person that hasn't kicked a ball in two years?
You obviously missed the part that stated Odubajo has been a regular with his team this season.
ogasir wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Who the phcuk are these?
Do you think someone who has not kicked a ball in two yrs can add "value" to the SE
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

I guess Gerhot Rohr is the agent who is peddling him, 'cause it was he who reached out to him and convinced him to play for Nigeria.
1naija wrote:Na wa for agents o. So we cannot have one day of peace on this broad without an agent peddling one junk player or the other?
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Again, looks like you missed the part that stated Iorfa said yes (but was all know he and his dad gave Naija the middle finger). Odubajo was undecided at the time, just as Vic Moses, Ola Aina and Ty Ebuehi were, before they came fully aboard.
ogasir wrote:He was doing shakara before http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/07/ex ... ty-switch/ :boo:. Now he thinks he can just walk into the SE after not kicking a ball in two yrs.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

At 25yrs old he has no choice. He's definitely not going to euro 2020 and is not even on the radar for England's WC 2022. Only chance he has of playing international ball is make himself available for SE next Afcon team and hope to be in the picture for the WC team if he doesn't make it. Ihmo, he'll have to move to a Bpl team to have a chance.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Touching Story...
[/video]
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Odubajo had agreed to play for Nigeria and was inline for a Super Eagles call-up prior to the severe career threatening injury that he suffered two years ago. So he's really just reaffirming his commitment to Nigeria. I watched a lot of his games prior to his injury, when he was at Hull City, and he was a fantastic player then. Obviously he's got to prove that he is still at the same level, but he's begun the process of doing that at Brentford.

If his form is anywhere near what it was before (I haven't watched him this season) then he'd be an excellent addition to our current mix of Fullbacks.
Last edited by mystic on Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:At 25yrs old he has no choice. He's definitely not going to euro 2020 and is not even on the radar for England's WC 2022. Only chance he has of playing international ball is make himself available for SE next Afcon team and hope to be in the picture for the WC team if he doesn't make it. Ihmo, he'll have to move to a Bpl team to have a chance.
If this is true, then Rohr don already tap am, no need for BPL,
Odubajo has battled back from two years of injury hell with a dislocated knee to rejoin Brentford this season and get regular games in the Championship.
And he will get rewarded with an international call-up after getting on the radar of Nigeria boss Gerard Rohr. Odubajo will be included in the squad for next year’s qualifier against Seychelles, with the finals now held at the end of the season in Cameroon.
Don't forget our LB plays Div 2 so also Ajayi even Aina broke into SE when he was in Div 2. Also, even a cone is an upgrade to the likes of Idowu. While Ebuehi is still out injured with a similar injury to what Odubajo has recovered from, it will be good to have more competition on the right back slot with Aina being kinda shaky defensively.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

maceo4 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:At 25yrs old he has no choice. He's definitely not going to euro 2020 and is not even on the radar for England's WC 2022. Only chance he has of playing international ball is make himself available for SE next Afcon team and hope to be in the picture for the WC team if he doesn't make it. Ihmo, he'll have to move to a Bpl team to have a chance.
If this is true, then Rohr don already tap am, no need for BPL,
Don't forget our LB plays Div 2 so also Ajayi even Aina broke into SE when he was in Div 2. Also, even a cone is an upgrade to the likes of Idowu. While Ebuehi is still out injured with a similar injury to what Odubajo has recovered from, it will be good to have more competition on the right back slot with Aina being kinda shaky defensively.

The great thing is that he's good at both outside back spots. Very good defending and attacking. But must prove that he is back to his best (which will be up to Rohr and his scouts to determine).
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Otitokoro wrote:Touching Story...
[/video]
Thanks for sharing, really touching!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Good to see that Rohr is keeping to his words and had a look at this guy.....clearly the best LB available to the SE at present. Aina is just a wing back, Ebuehi is injured, Shehu is a midfielder.....

We (Arsenal) looked at this guy when Hull was getting promoted, had a good discussion with Bruce then he had a bad injury. He is getting back to his best again and once in the team will easily eclipse all the other LBs
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Another backwater league player (no disrespect) he seems like a good talent. My point is that most of our players perform week in and out at Backwater leagues (our best talents) but when we’re drawn against teams that perform week in and out at the best clubs in the world, we arrogantly think it’s our birthright to defeat them. Also, The more I look at 2018 SE club roster compared to their performances vs Argentina and Croatia the more I adulate our coach. We didn’t qualify(disappointed) but he did a fairly ok job not to be insulted as much as he was here
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:Another backwater league player
Like Musa abi? (no disrespect) :oops:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

john12 wrote:Another backwater league player (no disrespect) he seems like a good talent. My point is that most of our players perform week in and out at Backwater leagues (our best talents) but when we’re drawn against teams that perform week in and out at the best clubs in the world, we arrogantly think it’s our birthright to defeat them. Also, The more I look at 2018 SE club roster compared to their performances vs Argentina and Croatia the more I adulate our coach. We didn’t qualify(disappointed) but he did a fairly ok job not to be insulted as much as he was here
John12, I don’t want to derail the thread with Rohr this or that....everyone here would agree that he has done an ok job so far.

But even he would agree that he gave Croatia and Argentina wey too much respect. And if what we read here about him wanting to sub off Musa and someone upstairs going against this, this he didn’t make the sub, then it seriously questions who exactly is the coach....

The must boring game in the last World Cup was Croatia vs Nigeria....there was no imagination whatsoever....

Another worrying trend is that we qualify for a tournament....and he starts tinkering with the formation and that was ultimately what killed us in the last WC....

On your ultimate questions.....the players don’t play in backwater leagues....most of then played in average teams in good leagues and whether you like it or not...as a black player you don’t have time to get accustomed to a team/league....I was a scout and I can vouch to that.... so if u have players in EPL and co cherish them. Don’t put them down so as to elevate a coach u like.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

john12 wrote:Another backwater league player (no disrespect) he seems like a good talent. My point is that most of our players perform week in and out at Backwater leagues (our best talents) but when we’re drawn against teams that perform week in and out at the best clubs in the world, we arrogantly think it’s our birthright to defeat them. Also, The more I look at 2018 SE club roster compared to their performances vs Argentina and Croatia the more I adulate our coach. We didn’t qualify(disappointed) but he did a fairly ok job not to be insulted as much as he was here

Kpom! The crooks are already calling this boy a good player but the Legend Musa who has proven himself for 10yrs is no good anymore.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

I rate this player. I've watched quite a few of his games, and he's never disappointed. He's strong on the ball, has a high IQ, can pass, very mobile, and can shoot.

I watched him play for Brentford against Arsenal recently on his first game back after injury, and he played really well.

This young man will add a lot of value to our team. I say bring him on! He's a proper RB.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Please make a list of our 1994 players, and the teams they were in 90-92,before Westerhoff started capping most of them. National team, is a window for good things. Like someone mentioned, Odubajo was in line to represent us, before that injury. Way better than Aina, would even put him ahead of Ebuehi, only that I believe Ebuhei has a higher ceiling.

Wouldn't mind him at all.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.