Another Right Back in the Mix....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Another Right Back in the Mix....

Post by Gooner1 »

Cally wrote:I rate this player. I've watched quite a few of his games, and he's never disappointed. He's strong on the ball, has a high IQ, can pass, very mobile, and can shoot.

I watched him play for Brentford against Arsenal recently on his first game back after injury, and he played really well.

This young man will add a lot of value to our team. I say bring him on! He's a proper RB.
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Enyi my broda you make a valid point but what you failed to address is that Croatia and Argentina literally has the best players in the world and rohr gave them their due respect. You cannot attack such teams and don’t expect to get punished. The game against Argentina proves my point because we had our chances to win while Argentina took their chances and the difference was “QUALITY” 1994 team didn’t beat any superior team than them and even Bulgaria that we defeated weren’t better than us (on paper)
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

john12 wrote:Enyi my broda you make a valid point but what you failed to address is that Croatia and Argentina literally has the best players in the world and rohr gave them their due respect. You cannot attack such teams and don’t expect to get punished. The game against Argentina proves my point because we had our chances to win while Argentina took their chances and the difference was “QUALITY” 1994 team didn’t beat any superior team than them and even Bulgaria that we defeated weren’t better than us (on paper)
Please explain Germany's defeat to Mexico and South Korea in the WC'18.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

maceo4 wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Touching Story...
[/video]
Thanks for sharing, really touching!

indeed! God bless the boy.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enyi wrote:Good to see that Rohr is keeping to his words and had a look at this guy.....clearly the best LB available to the SE at present. Aina is just a wing back, Ebuehi is injured, Shehu is a midfielder.....

We (Arsenal) looked at this guy when Hull was getting promoted, had a good discussion with Bruce then he had a bad injury. He is getting back to his best again and once in the team will easily eclipse all the other LBs
He's a right back. I don't recall him ever playing left-back...
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

john12 wrote:Another backwater league player (no disrespect) he seems like a good talent.
He'll be in good company with other backwater league players like Musa.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Fabio of course any team can defeat anybody but you must be respectful/modest with your expectations. I do not think that Mexico would had insulted thier coach for losing to brazil
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Otitokoro wrote:I guess Gerhot Rohr is the agent who is peddling him, 'cause it was he who reached out to him and convinced him to play for Nigeria.
1naija wrote:Na wa for agents o. So we cannot have one day of peace on this broad without an agent peddling one junk player or the other?

USM, when did Rohr have this meeting with him?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
lekanlij
Egg
Egg

Post by lekanlij »

[/video]
How can anyone watch this and say a bad word about this boy? Whether he wants to use Nigeria or Nigeria wants to use him is inconsequential- he’s one of us and deserves a call up.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

We need a central defender and should go after Tosin Adarabioyo
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wale1974 wrote:Too late we have Ekpolo and Seth Sincere keeping up with Tyrone and Aina.
U get jokes. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ekpolo fell off the podium long time ago, unfortunately.
Where u been?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

lekanlij wrote:
[/video]
How can anyone watch this and say a bad word about this boy? Whether he wants to use Nigeria or Nigeria wants to use him is inconsequential- he’s one of us and deserves a call up.
When he sustained his last knee injury, Cybereagles sent him some flowers and a Get Well card.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

"Brentford full-back Moses Odubajo to switch allegiance from England to Nigeria"

"Switched allegiance". Do we really think England were going to pick a Brentford player in their team ahead of Walker, Trippier, and TAA?! :rotf: Nigeria is his only option!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

If a player progressed through the youth ranks of one country, but then decides to play for another (for whatever reason or circumstance), simple logic would suggest that that player can be deemed as 'switching allegiances' from one country to another.
wiseone wrote:"Brentford full-back Moses Odubajo to switch allegiance from England to Nigeria"

"Switched allegiance". Do we really think England were going to pick a Brentford player in their team ahead of Walker, Trippier, and TAA?! :rotf: Nigeria is his only option!
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Gooner1 wrote:
Cally wrote:I rate this player. I've watched quite a few of his games, and he's never disappointed. He's strong on the ball, has a high IQ, can pass, very mobile, and can shoot.

I watched him play for Brentford against Arsenal recently on his first game back after injury, and he played really well.

This young man will add a lot of value to our team. I say bring him on! He's a proper RB.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Damunk wrote:
lekanlij wrote:
[/video]
When he sustained his last knee injury, Cybereagles sent him some flowers and a Get Well card.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Enyi wrote:Good to see that Rohr is keeping to his words and had a look at this guy.....clearly the best LB available to the SE at present. Aina is just a wing back, Ebuehi is injured, Shehu is a midfielder.....

We (Arsenal) looked at this guy when Hull was getting promoted, had a good discussion with Bruce then he had a bad injury. He is getting back to his best again and once in the team will easily eclipse all the other LBs

He's a right back, but can play on the left side as well. Did so in a number of games for Hull, and did it well.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

mystic wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

He's a right back, but can play on the left side as well. Did so in a number of games for Hull, and did it well.
Well that is good because honestly we need a left back more than a right.

We have Aina Ebuehi Idowu Abdullahi while on the left we really only have Collins. I hope Rohr does not just automatically chose the natural left footer, but the player who can actually play the most effective at that position.
lekanlij
Egg
Egg

Post by lekanlij »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Damunk wrote:
lekanlij wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: wonder who paid for these....really nice touch!!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Odubajo was a solid player before his injury problems. If he's back to his pre-injury form I would rate him higher than Ekpolo and Sincere for sure, and also ahead of Idowu and Shehu. He will give Ebuehi and Aina stern competition for their spot, provided he's back to his pre-injury form.
Damunk wrote:
wale1974 wrote:Too late we have Ekpolo and Seth Sincere keeping up with Tyrone and Aina.
U get jokes. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ekpolo fell off the podium long time ago, unfortunately.
Where u been?