AFCON 2019: CAF strips Cameroon

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Thelastoneleft
Egg
Egg
AFCON 2019: CAF strips Cameroon

Post by Thelastoneleft »

CAF has just stripped Cameroon of the AFCON 2019 hosting rights, citing lack of infrastructure and security risks. One month window for countries wishing to host the tournament to submit their bids to CAF.

https://www.nation.co.ke/sports/footbal ... index.html
REPORTS: Cameroon stripped of Afcon hosting rights
Reports indicate that Cameroon have been stripped of the rights to host the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon).

The hosting of the Afcon was part of the agenda in the Confederation of African Football (Caf) Extraordinary Executive Committee meeting held in Accra, Ghana on Friday.

Two reports that were central to the final decision regarding Cameroon were to be tabled namely; report of inspection visits of the security committee from October 27 to November 1 as well as a report of the inspection visit from November 11-15.

In October, Caf President Ahmad Ahmad visited Yaounde for a meeting with Cameroon President Paul Biya just days after Caf deferred the final decision on the hosting of next year's Afcon.

At that time, a report by the last inspection team to Cameroon revealed “a significant delay as far as the delivery of infrastructure is concerned.”

Cameroon's hosting of African football's showpiece event has been in jeopardy for months since the decision to increase the tournament from 16 to 24 teams.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AFCON 2019: CAF strips Cameroon

Post by pajimoh »

Bloody plantainians. Can't even grow grass talk less of infrastructure. Who next?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

pajimoh wrote:Bloody plantainians. Can't even grow grass talk less of infrastructure. Who next?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Nigeria should help them....
So will CAF suspend them?
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

The Plantainians automatic kwalification should be rescinded! :lol:

Aboa Funu!!

Yisa Hayatou, the Northerner from Mubi took all the money away :woot: :woot:
Last edited by Senator WIRES on Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Morocco has always been CAF's Plan B.
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote:Morocco has always been CAF's Plan B.
More like plan A from the beginning since Hayatou lost....
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nigeria and Ghana should launch a joint bid. Opportunity to fix the stadiums in Abuja and Lagos.

The teslim Balogun stadium is getting natural grass.

Abuja stadium is getting fixed for the National games.

Akwa Ibom, Asaba stadium, Port Harcourt stadiums are ready to go.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

ohenhen1 wrote:Nigeria and Ghana should launch a joint bid. Opportunity to fix the stadiums in Abuja and Lagos.

msshhhheeewwwww :arrow:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...2019 is around the corner and Africa does not have caf host country, and some are suggesting we bid for world cup :sad:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Wow. SMH :shock:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

kajifu wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Bloody plantainians. Can't even grow grass talk less of infrastructure. Who next?
With our Asaba field? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

pajimoh wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Nigeria and Ghana should launch a joint bid. Opportunity to fix the stadiums in Abuja and Lagos.

The guy is not serious :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:Wow. SMH :shock:
I don't know why these countries sign up to do things that are above their level...places like SA should come to the rescue abeg...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

pajimoh wrote:

PaJimoh, Ohenhen has a point in this case.

Uyo & PH are better than some of the Stadia that we saw in Gabon & Equitorial Guinea.

We could have added Abuja if we needed a 3rd stadium & co-hosted with the Plantanians.

The problem with Nigeria though is that they will also want 2 Stadia in the north, a region where most Nigeria (from other parts) avoid, not to talk of foreigners.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

The odds were always stacked against Cameroun:

1. Increase in No. participating teams from 16 to 24 after Cameroun's hosting rights were based on 16 teams
2. Angst against Hayatou
3. Secession & Boko Haram wahala
4. Infrastructure problems

Its not all doom & gloom, anyway...With the progress made on this failed hosting, there shouldn't be as much work required to mount a more successful hosting campaign for the next AFCON...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Thelastoneleft wrote:CAF has just stripped Cameroon of the AFCON 2019 hosting rights, citing lack of infrastructure and security risks. One month window for countries wishing to host the tournament to submit their bids to CAF.

https://www.nation.co.ke/sports/footbal ... index.html
REPORTS: Cameroon stripped of Afcon hosting rights
Reports indicate that Cameroon have been stripped of the rights to host the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon).

The hosting of the Afcon was part of the agenda in the Confederation of African Football (Caf) Extraordinary Executive Committee meeting held in Accra, Ghana on Friday.

Two reports that were central to the final decision regarding Cameroon were to be tabled namely; report of inspection visits of the security committee from October 27 to November 1 as well as a report of the inspection visit from November 11-15.

In October, Caf President Ahmad Ahmad visited Yaounde for a meeting with Cameroon President Paul Biya just days after Caf deferred the final decision on the hosting of next year's Afcon.

At that time, a report by the last inspection team to Cameroon revealed “a significant delay as far as the delivery of infrastructure is concerned.”

Cameroon's hosting of African football's showpiece event has been in jeopardy for months since the decision to increase the tournament from 16 to 24 teams.
Wow! Shame on President Paul Biya and his cohorts. They must be all thieves there (in Cameroon)
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

... very surprising to me. I thought they will make it - no matter what. Well, this is an opportunity for the nations which has no chance of qualifying to bid for the AFCON tournament
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

kajifu wrote:
Nope! We shouldn't help CAF. CAF played with our feelings when President Obasanjo was in power and we needed the AFCON to showcase our ... (I forgot what it was).
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Bad news. :boo:

So will this go now to Morocco?

Looks like the trophy will be going to North Africa this time around.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

UGANDA nko? east africa should get it if anyone of them get stadium
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

truetalk wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Uyo & PH are better than some of the Stadia that we saw in Gabon & Equitorial Guinea.

We could have added Abuja if we needed a 3rd stadium & co-hosted with the Plantanians.

The problem with Nigeria though is that they will also want 2 Stadia in the north, a region where most Nigeria (from other parts) avoid, not to talk of foreigners.
Nigeria don't need a tournament in election year even if we are capable of hosting it which I doubt at tho very short notice
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

truetalk wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

It takes more than stadiums to host tournaments bros, plus this is one involves 24 teams too.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Orion wrote:Bad news. :boo:

So will this go now to Morocco?

Looks like the trophy will be going to North Africa this time around.

I for one welcome a tournament that will be played on proper pitches and not grazing fields.

I am sick of watching these guys try in vain to do their thing on bumpy and patchy fields. It is an absolute disgrace, and actually it is a danger to the players. I remember many injuries last edition from the poor pitches. And E Guinea is still better than 90% of African countries.

Like I said earlier when I started a thread on this topic. With the expansion to 24 teams ANC hosting should honestly be limited to a very select few countries that can handle such an event, and countries that have the necessary infrastructure and quality pitches. Or co hosting should also be another option.

We will still be far better off than the Goldcup which is hosted every year in the US.

The poor pitches thing really infuriates me and honestly the games cannot even be enjoyed with such rubbish. I have had enough. If that means that only South AFrica and North African countries can host the tournament, then so be it.
Last edited by vancity eagle on Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.