AWCON FINAL: NGA 0 vs SA 0 ( PENALTIES 4-3 ) WE'RE D CHAMPS!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AWCON FINAL: NGA 0 vs SA 0 ( PENALTIES)WE'RE D CHAMPS!

Post by Nkume »

CAF can do whatever they like. Tochukwu is the star of the Tournament.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

What's Ghana winning? Best Airport in West Africa also deserves a trophy
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AWCON FINAL: NIGERIA 0 vs SOUTH AFRICA 0 AET. WE'RE D CH

Post by Odas »

oglex30 wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
Nkume wrote:That Tochukwu girl in goal is superb. Player of the Tournament!
Watch, they will give it to other people.
Disappointing that Odega got it. I thought the keeper shoukd have gotten it.
I thought the same thing.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Nkume wrote:CAF can do whatever they like. Tochukwu is the star of the Tournament.
You know these awards are sometimes spread around to compensate the losers
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Bobo Dan
Egg
Egg
Re: AWCON FINAL: NIGERIA 0 VS SOUTH AFRICA 0 ET.

Post by Bobo Dan »

Gotti wrote:
K wrote:We keep defending sloppiness and expect progress? :veryangry:
Some people’s “sloppiness” is others’ COURAGE... :roll:

I will defend these ladies ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT! After these ladies won the 2016 AWCON, against the odds in a tough final against host Cameroon following the usual shoddy ill-preparation, instead of a victory parade they had to actually go on a PROTEST march through the streets of Abuja just to get their agreed-upon camp and match allowances (btw, noticed your ABSENCE for the protest).

Throughout the 2017 calendar year, the Falcons did not play a single game - as in, ZERO, zilch (also noticed your ABSENCE during said period), and in the 2018 calendar year played a grand total of 1 friendly against France (for which the players were hurriedly assembled). Then, about 2 weeks to this AWCON, the full squad was assembled and played a grand total of ZERO friendlies (again, your ABSENCE while the concerns reigned on these pages was conspicuous)!

Now, after 2 weeks of camping in TWO YEARS (while SA was playing friendlies all around the world in Sweden, Cyprus, Turkey, COSAFA, etc, since early-2017), the so-called “progress” hunters amongst us sit their fat behinds in front of the comfort of their PCs and wonder how many passes the Falcons are able to string together. Dude, whatever happens tonight, I AM FORKING PROUD OF THESE “SLOPPY” LADIES! If only the self-anointed “progress” hunters do half as much for Nigeria... :wink:
Well said Gotti. Much respect
This NFF non-investment and obvious lack of interest in female football shall eventually nullify the progress Nigeria had made in the sport from the past years.
Simply hiring an European manager while neglecting to invest in the players and expecting all to be well is not the way to go
If I can't express my opinion, I have no reason to be part of this union."
Co Adriaanse - AZ Coach

We’re not rated on the Continent,” said Toshack. “British managers are not, coaches are not, players are not. It’s all 4-4-2, hit the front man, get on the second ball. It hasn’t changed. It frustrates me at times, it really does.”
- John Toshack (British Wales Coach viewtopic.php?t=111511 ).

akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Phew I dodged a bullet there, I didnt know if I could face up to my colleagues on Monday who have been talking up the Banyana Banyana since they sucker punched us over a week ago
Order has been restored

But....the preparation for this tournament hasn't been great, hopefully we can do some work ahead of the world cup where our task will be of Lilliputian proportions
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

Someone - please trim Amaju's beard.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Congrats to the girls :thumbs: :clap: :clap:

But we need penalties to win this cup now?

The other countries catching up or are we going backwards?
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

WE LOST THE BATTLE DURING THE PRELIMINARIES BUT WON THE WAR. KUDOS TO THE LADIES!
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ekorian wrote:
Damunk wrote:Does this mean we get to keep the cup?
Keeping it for the 3rd time
I mean permanently.
Three times on the trot.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Bobo Dan wrote:
Gotti wrote:

I will defend these ladies ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT! After these ladies won the 2016 AWCON, against the odds in a tough final against host Cameroon following the usual shoddy ill-preparation, instead of a victory parade they had to actually go on a PROTEST march through the streets of Abuja just to get their agreed-upon camp and match allowances (btw, noticed your ABSENCE for the protest).

Throughout the 2017 calendar year, the Falcons did not play a single game - as in, ZERO, zilch (also noticed your ABSENCE during said period), and in the 2018 calendar year played a grand total of 1 friendly against France (for which the players were hurriedly assembled). Then, about 2 weeks to this AWCON, the full squad was assembled and played a grand total of ZERO friendlies (again, your ABSENCE while the concerns reigned on these pages was conspicuous)!

Now, after 2 weeks of camping in TWO YEARS (while SA was playing friendlies all around the world in Sweden, Cyprus, Turkey, COSAFA, etc, since early-2017), the so-called “progress” hunters amongst us sit their fat behinds in front of the comfort of their PCs and wonder how many passes the Falcons are able to string together. Dude, whatever happens tonight, I AM FORKING PROUD OF THESE “SLOPPY” LADIES! If only the self-anointed “progress” hunters do half as much for Nigeria... :wink:
This NFF non-investment and obvious lack of interest in female football shall eventually nullify the progress Nigeria had made in the sport from the past years.
Simply hiring an European manager while neglecting to invest in the players and expecting all to be well is not the way to go
Gotti giving a realistic perspective as always
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bobo Dan wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Gotti! Thanks for the info and for letting people know our ladies did a marvelous job in general for winning this Cup
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

Congrats Falcons, Congrats Nigeria. Peace!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AWCON FINAL: NGA 0 vs SA 0 ( PENALTIES 4-3)WE'RE D CHAMP

Post by Cristao II »

Congratulations to the ladies. NFF will see this as a reason to continue their non-support. Afterall they won it with minimal help.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

osita wrote:Mercy akide should take over this team. Pinnic needs to understand that oyibo is not always the answer, this coach has messed up this team, we need younger players
You do not even follow women's football by mentioning Akide.
Did you not know that women coached them to win the previous cup.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Damunk wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
Damunk wrote:Does this mean we get to keep the cup?
Keeping it for the 3rd time
I mean permanently.
Three times on the trot.
We won it FIVE times on the trot between 1998 and 2006...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Congratulations to the Super Falcons! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Not sure about the coach. Nuff said.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Congrats but the NFF needs to get rid of that coach. The guy is worse than Rhor.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

This game was no doubt a quality game. The south Africans provided a well deserved stiff opposition that the falcons have been needing. Im kind of glad they got stretched that hard and for the first time we are actually able to see that these girls can ball. had we scored the penalty oshola missed the game would have been stalled to Nigeria sitting back to defend. This is good for women Foosball in Africa
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

bret- hart wrote:Congrats but the NFF needs to get rid of that coach. The guy is worse than Rhor.
I think we should retain the coach so the exiled Lesbians could come back to the team if for anything else. That Nigerian coach sacked all the lesbians who made our team invincible. :taunt:
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

bret- hart wrote:Congrats but the NFF needs to get rid of that coach. The guy is worse than Rhor.
You can say it again.
We said it the day after the appointment; those of us who knew him over many years ago.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

jette1 wrote:
I think we should retain the coach so the exiled Lesbians could come back to the team if for anything else. That Nigerian coach sacked all the lesbians who made our team invincible. :taunt:
You do not know about women football, or at least do not follow it.