Victor Moses retires from Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Victor Moses retires from Nigeria

Post by marko »

Playing within an incompetent organization can force players to do the unthinkable
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

http://www.naijiant.com/
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:This is not good at all for the long term planning for SE particularly for the next WC. Moses retiring is a dagger to Rohr's plan of having a matured,experienced team for the next mundial, a massive vote of no confidence was cast today by Vic Mo. I suspect he's tired of it,wont be suprised to see Mikel and Balogun follow him into retirement. Perhaps there's something he knows that we don't on the horizon.
Kpom. Victory /good performance breeds high morale. When you let your team fail because you want them to "learn", then you might not have a team left for next time.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:This is not good at all for the
  • long term planning for SE
particularly for the next WC. Moses retiring is a dagger to Rohr's plan of having a matured,experienced team for the next mundial, a massive vote of no confidence was cast today by Vic Mo. I suspect he's tired of it,wont be suprised to see Mikel and Balogun follow him into retirement. Perhaps there's something he knows that we don't on the horizon.
The secret is there never was a long term plan when it comes to anything
Nigeria,there’s no momentum in success and no lessons learnt in defeat the NFF don’t even know if they’ll be kicked out of office the staff don’t know when they will be replaced and the players obviously are obviously better off sorting out their careers!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
particularly for the next WC. Moses retiring is a dagger to Rohr's plan of having a matured,experienced team for the next mundial, a massive vote of no confidence was cast today by Vic Mo. I suspect he's tired of it,wont be suprised to see Mikel and Balogun follow him into retirement. Perhaps there's something he knows that we don't on the horizon.
Nigeria, there’s no momentum in success and no lessons learnt in defeat the NFF don’t even know if they’ll be kicked out of office the staff don’t know when they will be replaced and the players obviously are obviously better off sorting out their careers!
Well you can say that now because its the easy option.
There's nothing easier than rubbishing everything Nigerian, and in this case, the NFF from your living room couch.
I mean, you don't even have to think before saying things like this because there is so much to point to, both real and imagined.

Don't know about you personally, but a few short weeks ago, there was near universal acknowledgment that Pinnick and his NFF were slowly getting things right, including his medium and long-term plans.
In all fairness to Fabio, he was the only one (that comes to mind) that was very vocal of Pinnick and the NFF before the WC even when everyone was getting excited.

Suddenly, a disastrous WC and a farcical power tussle coming from a desperate NFF Presidential reject has now given Nigerians reason to revert to type ie their usual position of safety, calling everyone clueless and everything hopeless. Everything and everyone except themselves.

But again, we are fans and with one finger and a computer keyboard we are allowed to be as notoriously fickle as we like.

So....'no long-term plans'?
Where did Iheanacho, Ndidi, Uzoho, Success come from?
Why was Nigeria the youngest team in the last WC?
Why and how has the NF been able to slowly woo corporate sponsors back again?

Bro, just try and moderate your disappointment but don't throw the baby away with the bathwater.
We routinely do that in our political life.
'Begin again' every few years. Same with our football.
We are forever at the 'foundation level' because we refuse to build from the few positives that already exist.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

greg wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:This is not good at all for the long term planning for SE particularly for the next WC. Moses retiring is a dagger to Rohr's plan of having a matured,experienced team for the next mundial, a massive vote of no confidence was cast today by Vic Mo. I suspect he's tired of it,wont be suprised to see Mikel and Balogun follow him into retirement. Perhaps there's something he knows that we don't on the horizon.
Kpom. Victory /good performance breeds high morale. When you let your team fail because you want them to "learn", then you might not have a team left for next time.
Personally, I believe V Moses has always had 'issues'.
Of course, I don't have proof. Its just from observing him over the years.
Maybe in the future, he might talk more about himself like many others, but I doubt it.

Meanwhile, Mikel has committed himself to AFCON.

So those that were "not going to be surprised" if he retired should now kindly 'de-unsurprise' themselves.
He's sticking with his team. :thumb:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Nigeria, there’s no momentum in success and no lessons learnt in defeat the NFF don’t even know if they’ll be kicked out of office the staff don’t know when they will be replaced and the players obviously are obviously better off sorting out their careers!
Well you can say that now because its the easy option.
There's nothing easier than rubbishing everything Nigerian, and in this case, the NFF from your living room couch.
I mean, you don't even have to think before saying things like this because there is so much to point to, both real and imagined.

Don't know about you personally, but a few short weeks ago, there was near universal acknowledgment that Pinnick and his NFF were slowly getting things right, including his medium and long-term plans.
In all fairness to Fabio, he was the only one (that comes to mind) that was very vocal of Pinnick and the NFF before the WC even when everyone was getting excited.

Suddenly, a disastrous WC and a farcical power tussle coming from a desperate NFF Presidential reject has now given Nigerians reason to revert to type ie their usual position of safety, calling everyone clueless and everything hopeless. Everything and everyone except themselves.

But again, we are fans and with one finger and a computer keyboard we are allowed to be as notoriously fickle as we like.

So....'no long-term plans'?
Where did Iheanacho, Ndidi, Uzoho, Success come from?
Why was Nigeria the youngest team in the last WC?
Why and how has the NF been able to slowly woo corporate sponsors back again?

Bro, just try and moderate your disappointment but don't throw the baby away with the bathwater.
We routinely do that in our political life.
'Begin again' every few years. Same with our football.
We are forever at the 'foundation level' because we refuse to build from the few positives that already exist.
I've always said it but being a fan and not an official I just hope for the best,I said we'd flop before the World Cups of 2002,2010 and knew we basically shot our selves in the foot in all those AFCON qualifiers since 2015 and one before that and that's because we never learn,anytime we do something right it's usually by luck but since someone wants the credit it's never looked into,even when we won the 2015 Afrcon there was in house fighting as the NFF wanted Keshi sacked after the quarter final against CIV which we won and the rest is history,the NFF didn't have faith in him because they didn't have the same vision but as soon as he won they wanted the credit.
The people (NFF) you ask to do the right thing or believe in are incapable of being professional and working together for a common cause they're individuals that all want to gain that's why it's obvious to me they can't possibly plan anything!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Damunk wrote:
greg wrote:
Maybe in the future, he might talk more about himself like many others, but I doubt it.

So those that were "not going to be surprised" if he retired should now kindly 'de-unsurprise' themselves.
This is my line of thinking, he is one of those guys who think and reason in a certain way that would baffle many. I have always had this observation about him from afar.

When I was at the camp when the team came to London, I the team was gathering to go for a meeting and so some of them were waiting outside their room when I came to the floor. I noticed him lurking in one corner..initially I was not too confident to ask him to take a pic with him, my fear was that he would say no judging by his body language. He took a quiet corner almost like in the shadow and my fears was that of he took that poilsition,he probably wanted to be left alone.

So I decided to take up the challenge , I walked up to him and asked if he would oblige me. Surprise surprise he did willingly. No smile nothing..no emotion, but it was not done grudgingly because he moved away from the shadows to the light so that the pic would come out better.

Then Balogun joined and he tried to coerce a smile out of Moses. My opinion of him is that he is an introvert ,one who would rather keep to himself more than anything. I doubt if he even enjoys all these stardom thingy, I think football for him is an escape from certain realities.

I find his decision baffling,but coming from him it won't surprise me,it is the kind of move I would expect from him. Guys like him do not take anything too seriously. His body language tells it all.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

olumide wrote:
He will be missed. Thinking back, a lot of the best moments for SE over the past five years or so have heavily involved Moses.
Yes, he will be missed big time. In fact I don't feel good right now. Somebody need to call and talk him into coming back. We need him.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Moses will be back
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Siddonlook11 wrote:VicMo thanks for your service .. :clap: :clap: :clap:
KPAM! :agree: :agree: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

VicMo, thanks for the years of Service.

Wishing you continued success in your footballing career and with your personal life.

Your service is well appreciated.

Good luck in your next phase of life.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oloye wrote:
Damunk wrote:
greg wrote:

This is my line of thinking, he is one of those guys who think and reason in a certain way that would baffle many. I have always had this observation about him from afar.

When I was at the camp when the team came to London, I the team was gathering to go for a meeting and so some of them were waiting outside their room when I came to the floor. I noticed him lurking in one corner..initially I was not too confident to ask him to take a pic with him, my fear was that he would say no judging by his body language. He took a quiet corner almost like in the shadow and my fears was that of he took that poilsition,he probably wanted to be left alone.

So I decided to take up the challenge , I walked up to him and asked if he would oblige me. Surprise surprise he did willingly. No smile nothing..no emotion, but it was not done grudgingly because he moved away from the shadows to the light so that the pic would come out better.

Then Balogun joined and he tried to coerce a smile out of Moses. My opinion of him is that he is an introvert ,one who would rather keep to himself more than anything. I doubt if he even enjoys all these stardom thingy, I think football for him is an escape from certain realities.

I find his decision baffling,but coming from him it won't surprise me,it is the kind of move I would expect from him. Guys like him do not take anything too seriously. His body language tells it all.
KPOM.
Theres a lot of merit to this observation.
Human nature is funny. Some of the world's greatest celebrities are introverts and painfully shy. Michael Jackson is the prime example. However, they come alive on their stage. Actors too. But their celebrity status demands they mingle with the public which makes them uncomfortable, not because they are arrogant but because they'd much rather stick with their few close friends and family.
There's one Nigerian superstar actress I know that is extremely shy, almost paranoid. But from the thousands of glamour pics of her you can find on the internet, you would never suspect it.

What they all say is that when they are on their 'stage', they are a different person. Its escapism, like you said.

We are all human at the end of the day, with our talents, strengths and weaknesses
lekanlij
Egg
Egg

Post by lekanlij »

Same about Moses - since retiring from Nigeria he doesn't seem able to get in either 1st or 2nd Chelsea team squad. Hopefully, he moves on from Chelsea in January to where he can play often or he experiences a change of future in Chelsea.

Definitely he couldn't have become a bad player over a few months - the only regular member of the Chelsea first last year not to be in either 1st or 2nd squad - I smell a rat and he might have been treated unfairly!! Keep your head up Victor Moses!!
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

lekanlij wrote:Same about Moses - since retiring from Nigeria he doesn't seem able to get in either 1st or 2nd Chelsea team squad. Hopefully, he moves on from Chelsea in January to where he can play often or he experiences a change of future in Chelsea.

Definitely he couldn't have become a bad player over a few months - the only regular member of the Chelsea first last year not to be in either 1st or 2nd squad - I smell a rat and he might have been treated unfairly!! Keep your head up Victor Moses!!

It seems Victor was not happy about playing the wing back role for SE, he probably played that role for Chelsea because he considered it just a paycheck, we all know Victor Moses loves scoring and attacking for SE, rumors at that time was Rohr and the other players had to beg/force him to play the wing back role. Moses may have resigned because he felt it wasn't fair for him, with all his goals and assists as a winger for SE, to now be converted to a wingback to suit other trash players at that time. Again who knows
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

lekanlij wrote:Same about Moses - since retiring from Nigeria he doesn't seem able to get in either 1st or 2nd Chelsea team squad. Hopefully, he moves on from Chelsea in January to where he can play often or he experiences a change of future in Chelsea.

A system change at Chelsea is to blame here. He was so good playing the RWB that first season of Conte. His stats as a winger aren't as good for a top club, and Sarri seems to think he fits the role of a RWB better.

He needs to work on a lot of things as he moves away from Chelsea.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
lekanlij
Egg
Egg

Post by lekanlij »

balo wrote:

A system change at Chelsea is to blame here. He was so good playing the RWB that first season of Conte. His stats as a winger aren't as good for a top club, and Sarri seems to think he fits the role of a RWB better.

He can't be that bad - how can a first team regular just last season not be in the top 35 players the next season because of formation change. Is Alonso a full back or wing back? Watch how Chelsea play now and am not sure that Alonso's role has changed much from last season. I can understand if Moses was drop for Azpicuerta but not making first team and second team squad is scandalous.

Moses might not be playing for us anymore but we should still be sticking up for him - even Hudson-Odoi gets a nod before him. An upcoming player before a tried and tested world cup competitor and critical member of EPL team? Emerson & Ampadu for example get more of a look in IMO than Moses. Infact the only first teamer in Chelsea Moses is slightly better than atm is Drinkwater!

Something is amiss and Moses should know our support even though he's retired from playing for us!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

:agree:
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

lekanlij wrote:
balo wrote:

He can't be that bad - how can a first team regular just last season not be in the top 35 players the next season because of formation change. Is Alonso a full back or wing back? Watch how Chelsea play now and am not sure that Alonso's role has changed much from last season. I can understand if Moses was drop for Azpicuerta but not making first team and second team squad is scandalous.

Moses might not be playing for us anymore but we should still be sticking up for him - even Hudson-Odoi gets a nod before him. An upcoming player before a tried and tested world cup competitor and critical member of EPL team? Emerson & Ampadu for example get more of a look in IMO than Moses. Infact the only first teamer in Chelsea Moses is slightly better than atm is Drinkwater!

Something is amiss and Moses should know our support even though he's retired from playing for us!

Moses WILL ALWAYS get my support. I was only letting you know what is happening at Chelsea. Before Odoi started getting the nod, Moses was ahead of him until Moses, allegedly, had that chat with Sarri and was told he wasn't in his plans. Before then, he had a few runs in which he didn't show much interest.

There are lots of players, and lots of games. When you are given a chance, however little that chance is, you have to will yourself to impress. Moses did not.
Morata was stinking up the joint, yet he gets the nod because Chelsea doesn't have that many strikers. They have many wingers ahead of Moses. Willian (I don't understand why Moses couldn't push to steal Willian's spot because Willian hasn't been exemplary), Hazard, Pedro, Moses, Odoi. 3 Wingers ahead of Moses. Only 2 can play atthe same time. Odoi had one start, he scored and had an assist. (That's taking your chances). But watch what happened the next EPL game, Odoi got dropped for the more established wingers.

It is what it is. Moses must rediscover the joy of playing soccer.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

For the record, I would like to see Moses back to his pre-Chelsea years. That Moses would get Sarri's attention.

lekanlij
Egg
Egg

Post by lekanlij »

balo wrote:
lekanlij wrote:
balo wrote:

Moses WILL ALWAYS get my support. I was only letting you know what is happening at Chelsea. Before Odoi started getting the nod, Moses was ahead of him until Moses, allegedly, had that chat with Sarri and was told he wasn't in his plans. Before then, he had a few runs in which he didn't show much interest.

There are lots of players, and lots of games. When you are given a chance, however little that chance is, you have to will yourself to impress. Moses did not.
Morata was stinking up the joint, yet he gets the nod because Chelsea doesn't have that many strikers. They have many wingers ahead of Moses. Willian (I don't understand why Moses couldn't push to steal Willian's spot because Willian hasn't been exemplary), Hazard, Pedro, Moses, Odoi. 3 Wingers ahead of Moses. Only 2 can play atthe same time. Odoi had one start, he scored and had an assist. (That's taking your chances). But watch what happened the next EPL game, Odoi got dropped for the more established wingers.

In that case the omission reason has changed from formation change to performance. Hopefully he plays again soon especially as Sarri allegedly doesn't rotate much and has a tendency to stick with the same players
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

lekanlij wrote:
balo wrote:
lekanlij wrote:
balo wrote:

In that case the omission reason has changed from formation change to performance. Hopefully he plays again soon especially as Sarri allegedly doesn't rotate much and has a tendency to stick with the same players
If he's smart he's plotting a January exit at least a loan to a struggling EPL team is better than not playing at all.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

If he's up for it, Wolves 3-5-2 is screaming for him at RWB especially as Doherty is battling injury problems.