AWCON FINAL: NGA 0 vs SA 0 ( PENALTIES 4-3 ) WE'RE D CHAMPS!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AWCON FINAL: NGA 0 vs SA 0 ( PENALTIES 4-3 ) WE'RE D CHA

Post by Gotti »

2think wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:BS lineup.
There is NO way that the Cameroonians Tcheno (LB) or Ndoumbook (RMF) were better than Ngozi Ebere and Rita Chikwelu or Halimatu Ayinde. No way!
I mean, how the heck was Aboudi better than Ordega?? Even a football neophyte would tell you Ordega was the better player through the tournament. Like I stated earlier, a bunch of BS by CAF or whoever put that list together.
K wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq3OteWF7ti/er
Ebi and the goalkeeper make team of the tournament. Asisat and Ordega in reserves
I think that list was drawn after the group stages.
There's no way Chikwelu doesn't make the 1st eleven.

https://www.concisenews.global/2018/11/ ... -caf-team/
This!

Rita def stepped up her game in the knockout phase...
However, in the first couple of games, she was pedestrian.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
akamoke
Re: AWCON FINAL: NGA 0 vs SA 0 ( PENALTIES 4-3)WE'RE D CHAMP

Post by akamoke »

jette1 wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
jette1 wrote:This game was no doubt a quality game. The south Africans provided a well deserved stiff opposition that the falcons have been needing. Im kind of glad they got stretched that hard and for the first time we are actually able to see that these girls can ball. had we scored the penalty oshola missed the game would have been stalled to Nigeria sitting back to defend. This is good for women Foosball in Africa
You do not follow women's football closely.
how much close do you need me to follow; i watched almost all their games for last 10 yrs. i got a job too bro
So do the girls, how do you like being criticized for not doing your job everytime especially from people who don't know or follow your job on a daily basis. What do you do by the way, so we can test this out :P
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oglex30 wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:The defence are the unsung heroes...

Onome Ebi, take a bow...a toss-up between Ebi & keeper Oluehi for best Nigerian player of the tournament...

The keeper actually won Nigeria the tournament...

Won't rate the coach yet given the disgraceful preparations by the NFF...
That No.10 in the middle, my goodness she was a beast. I think she had white she was good.
Thats our captain nah, Rita Chikwelu,

Image Image

Then the lightskin girl in defense wow just wow what an excellent player.
The amazing Amazon, Onome Ebi

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Gotti wrote:
jette1 wrote:is there going to be any voice of reason or at least a balanced fair assessment on the coaching issue. the coaches have reinforced professionalism and tactical discipline. we are no more giving balls away like it's Christmas. every possession was purposefully directed by the players. and as i mentioned before players selection is going to be untainted with accusation of lesbianism and all sorts of cultural and pseudo superstitious constrains we witnessed with that mama angelina of a coach we had. and how many coach can boast of winning afcon their first attempt especially if this is their first time working in this region
Florence Omagbemi can boast of winning AWCON at her first attempt...
And did it without being paid for the NINE MONTHS between her appointment and the tournament.

In addition, her team had enough "professionalism and tactical discipline" to go UNDEFEATED throughout the entire 2016 tournament (in contrast, this 2018 team lost 1 game), in the process scoring 13 goals and conceding only 1 goal (this 2018 team scored 11 goals and also conceded barely 1 goal - but worryingly scored 0 goals in the knockout stages), while beating the HOST nation Cameroon in the final before a jam-packed stadium teeming with hostile partisans. That said, I decline to join in any criticism of the current coach Tom Dennerby, given that because of truly shambolic preparations and inept administration on the NFF's part, he has had probably about a month or so of total preparations with full Falcons squad since his appointment at the beg the year.
:agree:

Congrats to the TEAM.

Hope they are given the tools to succeed at the World Cup.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

We didn't score any goal in the knockout stage. Terrifying.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

nemi2002 wrote:We didn't score any goal in the knockout stage. Terrifying.
...That statistics doesn't matter because, the coach brought professionalism and tactical discipline to the team.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

akamoke wrote:
jette1 wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
jette1 wrote:This game was no doubt a quality game. The south Africans provided a well deserved stiff opposition that the falcons have been needing. Im kind of glad they got stretched that hard and for the first time we are actually able to see that these girls can ball. had we scored the penalty oshola missed the game would have been stalled to Nigeria sitting back to defend. This is good for women Foosball in Africa
You do not follow women's football closely.
how much close do you need me to follow; i watched almost all their games for last 10 yrs. i got a job too bro
So do the girls, how do you like being criticized for not doing your job everytime especially from people who don't know or follow your job on a daily basis. What do you do by the way, so we can test this out :P
male stripper and part time wedding singer
Last edited by jette1 on Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Cellular wrote:
Gotti wrote:
jette1 wrote:is there going to be any voice of reason or at least a balanced fair assessment on the coaching issue. the coaches have reinforced professionalism and tactical discipline. we are no more giving balls away like it's Christmas. every possession was purposefully directed by the players. and as i mentioned before players selection is going to be untainted with accusation of lesbianism and all sorts of cultural and pseudo superstitious constrains we witnessed with that mama angelina of a coach we had. and how many coach can boast of winning afcon their first attempt especially if this is their first time working in this region
Florence Omagbemi can boast of winning AWCON at her first attempt...
And did it without being paid for the NINE MONTHS between her appointment and the tournament.

In addition, her team had enough "professionalism and tactical discipline" to go UNDEFEATED throughout the entire 2016 tournament (in contrast, this 2018 team lost 1 game), in the process scoring 13 goals and conceding only 1 goal (this 2018 team scored 11 goals and also conceded barely 1 goal - but worryingly scored 0 goals in the knockout stages), while beating the HOST nation Cameroon in the final before a jam-packed stadium teeming with hostile partisans. That said, I decline to join in any criticism of the current coach Tom Dennerby, given that because of truly shambolic preparations and inept administration on the NFF's part, he has had probably about a month or so of total preparations with full Falcons squad since his appointment at the beg the year.
:agree:

Congrats to the TEAM.

Hope they are given the tools to succeed at the World Cup.
seriously if only you begin to understand the kind of humiliations and demand for child-parent-like unconditional loyalty these grown women were subjected to by former coach - florence then you wont even open mouth against these foreign coach. She ran the team like they were her kids. She even made the girls kneel down when she felt offended or her directions were not followed. She openly accused the girls of lesbianism and publicly talks about how God would cast spell on the girls and how the federation must rid the team of lesbians. And you expect to have a professional team environment with all that shenanigan going on. These were only a tip of the iceberg when you learn of all the nonsense that went on. As for those who argue that the team still amassed success regardless. Truth is that the team had no opposition back then. The falcons can be credited for inventing and inciting women football in africa. Young girls throughout africa never knew that women can compete at that level until they saw the falcons. The terrain has since changed for the better and everyone has caught up to the falcons and we cannot continue to run the falcons like mama-put. Remember back in the stone age when the super eagles used to show up anywhere in africa in pajamas (without our uniform) and win games and we did nothing until everyone started to beat us. If nothing else that's what the foreign coach changes. whether the present coaches are up to the job is a different subject but your criticism ought to be a little more constructive given they won this cup with virtually no preparation.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

jette1 wrote:seriously if only you begin to understand the kind of humiliations and demand for child-parent-like unconditional loyalty these grown women were subjected to by former coach - florence then you wont even open mouth against these foreign coach. She ran the team like they were her kids. She even made the girls kneel down when she felt offended or her directions were not followed. She openly accused the girls of lesbianism and publicly talks about how God would cast spell on the girls and how the federation must rid the team of lesbians. And you expect to have a professional team environment with all that shenanigan going on. These were only a tip of the iceberg when you learn of all the nonsense that went on. As for those who argue that the team still amassed success regardless. Truth is that the team had no opposition back then. The falcons can be credited for inventing and inciting women football in africa. Young girls throughout africa never knew that women can compete at that level until they saw the falcons. The terrain has since changed for the better and everyone has caught up to the falcons and we cannot continue to run the falcons like mama-put. Remember back in the stone age when the super eagles used to show up anywhere in africa in pajamas (without our uniform) and win games and we did nothing until everyone started to beat us. If nothing else that's what the foreign coach changes. whether the present coaches are up to the job is a different subject but your criticism ought to be a little more constructive given they won this cup with virtually no preparation.
You obviously cannot differentiate between Florence Omagbemi (2016) and Eucharia Uche (2011)...
More evidence that you do not really follow the team but merely show up to yarn drivel on match-days. SMDH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Gotti wrote:
jette1 wrote:seriously if only you begin to understand the kind of humiliations and demand for child-parent-like unconditional loyalty these grown women were subjected to by former coach - florence then you wont even open mouth against these foreign coach. She ran the team like they were her kids. She even made the girls kneel down when she felt offended or her directions were not followed. She openly accused the girls of lesbianism and publicly talks about how God would cast spell on the girls and how the federation must rid the team of lesbians. And you expect to have a professional team environment with all that shenanigan going on. These were only a tip of the iceberg when you learn of all the nonsense that went on. As for those who argue that the team still amassed success regardless. Truth is that the team had no opposition back then. The falcons can be credited for inventing and inciting women football in africa. Young girls throughout africa never knew that women can compete at that level until they saw the falcons. The terrain has since changed for the better and everyone has caught up to the falcons and we cannot continue to run the falcons like mama-put. Remember back in the stone age when the super eagles used to show up anywhere in africa in pajamas (without our uniform) and win games and we did nothing until everyone started to beat us. If nothing else that's what the foreign coach changes. whether the present coaches are up to the job is a different subject but your criticism ought to be a little more constructive given they won this cup with virtually no preparation.
You obviously cannot differentiate between Florence Omagbemi (2016) and Eucharia Uche (2011)...
More evidence that you do not really follow the team but merely show up to yarn drivel on match-days. SMDH
you're right i cant differentiate them; how could I ? they were both alike and don't need to be coaching professionally.

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

jette1 wrote:you're right i cant differentiate them; how could I ? they were both alike and don't need to be coaching professionally.
Which is probably why Florence was coaching in the US before her Falcons appointment... :lol:

Dude, quit digging when in you are in a hole. Yes, they are “both alike” because they are both Nigerian women and thus unsurprising that to mentally-subjugated persons who subscribe to the ’Oyibo-na-Oyibo’ philosophy would be corollary believe in the inapposite. Even Eucharia (with her views on lesbianism - a view which btw is widely shared by many supposedly ‘professional’ Oyebode) NEVER made players or the team kneel down as you pulled out of your nether regions. The sole kneeling incident involving a Nigerian female player was the U20 Falconet who knelt down before the Sports Minister Dalung (not any coach) to collect her allowances/bonus. Quit making up ish to propagate your WOWO-rism, because rest assured you will be publicly called out. Our football is not a platform for your petty-minded parochialism. SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

asabatex wrote:Our Goalie looks delicious... :D

agbaya...you fir born am o!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Chief, you are jealous..Asabatex is a sugar daddy... :D
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Gotti wrote:
jette1 wrote:you're right i cant differentiate them; how could I ? they were both alike and don't need to be coaching professionally.
Which is probably why Florence was coaching in the US before her Falcons appointment... :lol:

Dude, quit digging when in you are in a hole. Yes, they are “both alike” because they are both Nigerian women and thus unsurprising that to mentally-subjugated persons who subscribe to the ’Oyibo-na-Oyibo’ philosophy would be corollary believe in the inapposite. Even Eucharia (with her views on lesbianism - a view which btw is widely shared by many supposedly ‘professional’ Oyebode) NEVER made players or the team kneel down as you pulled out of your nether regions. The sole kneeling incident involving a Nigerian female player was the U20 Falconet who knelt down before the Sports Minister Dalung (not any coach) to collect her allowances/bonus. Quit making up ish to propagate your WOWO-rism, because rest assured you will be publicly called out. Our football is not a platform for your petty-minded parochialism. SMH
My friend please put down the bottle or the 'okpokor' or whatever paraph you are using because you are exhibiting paranoia and overly emotional. Any immigrant in the US can Coach even college level soccer because it isn't US national sports. I too was a college player/coach back in the day. I'm too sophisticated to even believe in the oyimbo na oyimbo thing. I know this would sound provocative or even insensitive but lets face it- it is extremely hard for those women to be professional in that context and not be affected by transference issues.
Last edited by jette1 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

asabatex wrote:Chief, you are jealous..Asabatex is a sugar daddy... :D
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Hey you two very old uncles, stick to your wifey type chicks and leave us flossers worry about paying Toluchi's school fees. Thanks for your understanding.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

jette1 wrote:My friend please put down the bottle or the 'okpokor' or whatever paraph you are using because you are exhibiting paranoia and overly emotional. Any immigrant in the US can Coach even college level soccer because it isn't US national sports. I too was a college player/coach back in the day. I'm too sophisticated to even believe in the oyimbo na oyimbo thing. I know this would sound provocative or even insensitive but lets face it- it is extremely hard for those women to be professional in that context and not be affected by transference issues.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Thanks for the comic relief, but...

NO siree, will not allow you to conflate and tar all indigenous Nigerian coaches or all female indigenous coaches with the same brush - and the fact that you continue to insist on doing so is a succinct epitome that you are in fact NOT as “sophisticated” as you appear to believe, because that would be substantively no different from someone tarring all Nigerian immigrants with the same brush and concluding that JETTE1 is a drug dealer, 4-1-9er, indentity thief, a Catfish or worse!

There was absolutely NOTHING that Florence Omagbemi did during her time as Falcons’ coach that could be even remotely or RATIONALLY (emphasis original) classified as “unprofessional”! She coached the team without publicly bemoaning the fact that she was reportedly NOT paid during her ENTIRE tenure (for the 9 months from her appointment until after the 2016 AWCON), even as she lost her father and her son shortly thereafter - and yet her team perform BETTER than the current team.

Meanwhile, when Eucharia Uche made those outlandish statements about lesbianism, she was roundly slated in many quarters (and rightly so IMHO), and her contract was shortly thereafter not renewed. But Eucharia Uche is an INDIVIDUAL whose conduct and record belongs SOLELY to her, and it is therefore obtuse when WOWO folks like you CONFLATE all other female/indigenous coaches as if all Nigerians (or all female Nigerians) are homogeneous - the flip side of the “Oyibo-na-Oyibo” mentality!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

The gal fine past ice water... :woot:

Anyways, I don pay dowry, and she on full scholarship at University of Asaba... :shyluv:

1naija wrote:
asabatex wrote:Chief, you are jealous..Asabatex is a sugar daddy... :D
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Hey you two very old uncles, stick to your wifey type chicks and leave us flossers worry about paying Toluchi's school fees. Thanks for your understanding.

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Gotti wrote:
jette1 wrote:My friend please put down the bottle or the 'okpokor' or whatever paraph you are using because you are exhibiting paranoia and overly emotional. Any immigrant in the US can Coach even college level soccer because it isn't US national sports. I too was a college player/coach back in the day. I'm too sophisticated to even believe in the oyimbo na oyimbo thing. I know this would sound provocative or even insensitive but lets face it- it is extremely hard for those women to be professional in that context and not be affected by transference issues.

NO siree, will not allow you to conflate and tar all indigenous Nigerian coaches or all female indigenous coaches with the same brush - and the fact that you continue to insist on doing so is a succinct epitome that you are in fact NOT as “sophisticated” as you appear to believe, because that would be substantively no different from someone tarring all Nigerian immigrants with the same brush and concluding that JETTE1 is a drug dealer, 4-1-9er, indentity thief, a Catfish or worse!

There was absolutely NOTHING that Florence Omagbemi did during her time as Falcons’ coach that could be even remotely or RATIONALLY (emphasis original) classified as “unprofessional”! She coached the team without publicly bemoaning the fact that she was reportedly NOT paid during her ENTIRE tenure (for the 9 months from her appointment until after the 2016 AWCON), even as she lost her father and her son shortly thereafter - and yet her team perform BETTER than the current team.

Meanwhile, when Eucharia Uche made those outlandish statements about lesbianism, she was roundly slated in many (and rightly so IMHO), and her contract was shortly thereafter not renewed. But Eucharia Uche is an INDIVIDUAL whose conduct and record belongs SOLELY to her, and it is therefore obtuse when WOWO folks like you CONFLATE all other female/indigenous coaches as if all Nigerians (or all female Nigerians) are homogeneous - the flip side of the “Oyibo-na-Oyibo” mentality!
assuming all your gospel was written by one of the non-ABA resident apostles there's then these lingering perceived injustice which you are more than welcomed to burn braziers about. Fact is they were let go for reasons far more grave than you are ready to submit to.
by the way i didn't realize immigrants dealt drugs, 4wan9 and catfished. you must live in houston or new jersey

Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

jette1 wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Meanwhile, when Eucharia Uche made those outlandish statements about lesbianism, she was roundly slated in many (and rightly so IMHO), and her contract was shortly thereafter not renewed. But Eucharia Uche is an INDIVIDUAL whose conduct and record belongs SOLELY to her, and it is therefore obtuse when WOWO folks like you CONFLATE all other female/indigenous coaches as if all Nigerians (or all female Nigerians) are homogeneous - the flip side of the “Oyibo-na-Oyibo” mentality!
assuming all your gospel was written by one of the non-ABA resident apostles there's then these lingering perceived injustice which you are more than welcomed to burn braziers about. Fact is they were let go for reasons far more grave than you are ready to submit to.
by the way i didn't realize immigrants dealt drugs, 4wan9 and catfished. you must live in houston or new jersey
Has drug fried your brain? What's with the incoherent gibberish. You've been massively exposed to be confused and uninformed. Why still clutching at straws. Let it go dude!
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Ekorian wrote:
jette1 wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Has drug fried your brain? What's with the incoherent gibberish. You've been massively exposed to be confused and uninformed. Why still clutching at straws. Let it go dude!
I mean mehn...It is a damn shame if you ask me sha...smh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Ekorian wrote:
jette1 wrote:
Gotti wrote:

if there's was any shred of truth other than your own defined personal truth then the events on the ground (as opposed to the more popular narratives that necessitated the hiring of current FC to stop the bleeding) would support your version of truth. If your non-true truth were the case your clique would still be at the helms but since they are not this case is closed. And pls no tantrums

Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

jette1 wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
jette1 wrote:
Gotti wrote:

if there's was any shred of truth other than your own defined personal truth then the events on the ground (as opposed to the more popular narratives that necessitated the hiring of current FC to stop the bleeding) would support your version of truth. If your non-true truth were the case your clique would still be at the helms but since they are not this case is closed. And pls no tantrums
Ok uncle. Let's go with the gospel according to Jette :
1, Florence Omagbemi and Uche Eucharia are identical twins hence why you couldn't tell the difference.
2, None of them ever coached outside Nigeria before their tenures with the Falcons.
3,You were a college player/coach back in the day :lol:
4, Thomas Dennerby is a master tactician hence why the Falcons easily won the cup.

OK YOU WON.CASE CLOSED!
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Ekorian wrote:
jette1 wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
jette1 wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Ok uncle. Let's go with the gospel according to Jette :
1, Florence Omagbemi and Uche Eucharia are identical twins hence why you couldn't tell the difference.
2, None of them ever coached outside Nigeria before their tenures with the Falcons.
3,You were a college player/coach back in the day :lol:
4, Thomas Dennerby is a master tactician hence why the Falcons easily won the cup.

OK YOU WON.CASE CLOSED!
I’m begining to think you are Uncle Tom; Na who call you come. Grow some balls and be your own man