Green Eagles vs Kenya 1985.. Shofoluwe playing at right back

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ezesportsworld
Egg
Egg
Green Eagles vs Kenya 1985.. Shofoluwe playing at right back

Post by Ezesportsworld »

www.ezesportsworld.net

Chesapeake sports Academy
Polly
Egg
Egg
Re: Green Eagles vs Kenya 1985.. Shofoluwe playing at right

Post by Polly »

Ezesportsworld wrote:
Kai...the Dean of Defence!
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Anobi isaw( pronounced E SAW) AKA " Minister of Defence" as fondly called by the fans,press and team mates in his Abiola Babes and Green Eagles days.
I was privileged to have seen him live at Onikan, Asero and Mainbowl of the National Stadium. He faded into obscurity after traveling to Belgium. I troway salute :clap:
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

:???: :???:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

1naija wrote::???: :???:
I was hoping you won't see this thread :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

Was that not also Yisa Alabi's nickname? Anobi Issa?
Ekorian wrote:Anobi isaw( pronounced E SAW) AKA " Minister of Defence" as fondly called by the fans,press and team mates in his Abiola Babes and Green Eagles days.
I was privileged to have seen him live at Onikan, Asero and Mainbowl of the National Stadium. He faded into obscurity after traveling to Belgium. I troway salute :clap:
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Not sure about that but you could be right.
ogiso wrote:Was that not also Yisa Alabi's nickname? Anobi Issa?
Ekorian wrote:Anobi isaw( pronounced E SAW) AKA " Minister of Defence" as fondly called by the fans,press and team mates in his Abiola Babes and Green Eagles days.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Yisa Alabi of Stores was the popular anobi esau in Naija football. Maybe Sofoluwe too... But the more popular would be Alabi
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Looks almost as if they are playing in slow motion
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

nanijoe wrote:Looks almost as if they are playing in slow motion
:rotf: No let Gotti and co catch you o, they will talk your head off about how all these 70's and 80's players who couldn't make a WC and only won one ANC with home advantage are better than the ones that followed.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

maceo4 wrote:
:rotf: No let Gotti and co catch you o, they will talk your head off about how all these 70's and 80's players who couldn't make a WC and only won one ANC with home advantage are better than the ones that followed.
Don't worry...20yrs from today, some wide-eyed kids shall refer to grainy video clips and tell you JJ Okocha & Kanu were rubbish...

BTW, have you watched Pele's films..or Maradona's videos...compared to, say, the high-octane clips of Kylian Mbappe...?
Pele & Maradona were crap, compared to Mbappe, abi..?
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Don't worry...20yrs from today, some wide-eyed kids shall refer to grainy video clips and tell you JJ Okocha & Kanu were rubbish...

BTW, have you watched Pele's films..or Maradona's videos...compared to, say, the high-octane clips of Kylian Mbappe...?
In other words, the primitive tactics and skills displayed in this video is similar to Pele and Maradonna skills eh? Mscheeeeeeeeew.

If I have my way videos like this will be automatically deleted the moment they are posted. Let old people go somewhere else to mesmerize themselves with stories of amateur players brutalizing each other.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

1naija wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

In other words, the primitive tactics and skills displayed in this video is similar to Pele and Maradonna skills eh? Mscheeeeeeeeew.

If I have my way videos like this will be automatically deleted the moment they are posted. Let old people go somewhere else to mesmerize themselves with stories of amateur players brutalizing each other.
Na you dey describe them as primitive tactics...
I repeat: Don't worry...20yrs from today, some wide-eyed kids shall refer to grainy video clips and tell you JJ Okocha & Kanu were displaying primitive tactics... :lol: :lol: :lol:
- Bill Shankly
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
1naija wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

I repeat: Don't worry...20yrs from today, some wide-eyed kids shall refer to grainy video clips and tell you JJ Okocha & Kanu were displaying primitive tactics... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jay-jay, yes. But not Kanu.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Cellular wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
1naija wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Jay-jay, yes. But not Kanu.

Very very very wicked....but you no lie.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote:
These days wey Togo - even Ghana :lol: - can qualify for the diluted WC...smh
Last edited by Gotti on Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote:
BTW, those 70s and 80s were playing against the likes of George Weah and Roger Milla in Africa...
Nowadays, play against donkeys like Deeney or Sean Long in the EPL, Maceo brands you "world-class"! :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

But Kanu was rubbish for the Super Eagles. He had a great junior career that culminated with the Olympic gold though.

JayJay was really good, especially in the latter stages of his career for the SE. He exploded onto the scene vs Algeria (I was in the Stadium live) and despite sometimes having more fun than purpose in the early days, he almost always showed his class and was the 'main man' in the team between 2000 and 2005.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

truetalk wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

But Kanu was rubbish for the Super Eagles. He had a great junior career that culminated with the Olympic gold though.

JayJay was really good, especially in the latter stages of his career for the SE. He exploded onto the scene vs Algeria (I was in the Stadium live) and despite sometimes having more fun than purpose in the early days, he almost always showed his class and was the 'main man' in the team between 2000 and 2005.
Nothing wey person no go hear for here...

So...according to you...Kanu (by any conceivable measure) na rubbish player..?
Na wa for you o...
- Bill Shankly
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
truetalk wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Na wa for you o...
No. He was excellent for Ajax, Good for Inter, and sometimes exceptional for Arsenal.

He had a great Junior career (especially U-17 & U-23) for Nigeria.

He was rubbish for the Super Eagles.

He may have played over 20 tournament games as a forward (Nations Cup & World Cups) without scoring a goal as a forward, and he wasn't having the impact of say an Amokachi that was bossing games and not scoring.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Gotti wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
These wey Togo - even Ghana :lol: - can qualify for the diluted WC...smh
That is the evil the dilution of the World Cup has brought with it. :lol:

FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

truetalk wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
truetalk wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Na wa for you o...
No. He was excellent for Ajax, Good for Inter, and sometimes exceptional for Arsenal.

He had a great Junior career (especially U-17 & U-23) for Nigeria.

He was rubbish for the Super Eagles.

He may have played over 20 tournament games as a forward (Nations Cup & World Cups) without scoring a goal as a forward, and he wasn't having the impact of say an Amokachi that was bossing games and not scoring.
My bro, where did this myth about Kanu being rubbish for SEagles originate from..?

Off the top of my head, without needing to jog my memory, I can give you several crucial games where Kanu was exceptional for the SEagles:
AFCON 2000 Opening Game v Tunisia: Deadlocked at 1-1...Tunisia growing steadily into the game...Kanu 'assisted' 2 second half goals for Ikpeba...those assists were vintage Kanu (laid on a plate for the scorer, virtually unmissable) FT score: 4-2

2002 WCQ penultimate game v Sudan at Omdurman: Kanu was a stand-out performer as support striker to the Yak & Aghahowa...assisted 2 goals in a 0-4 away win, that gave Nigeria the WCup ticket...

2004 AFCON QFinals v Cameroun: who can forget the stupendous 30m pass from deep that eliminated 5 Cameroun defenders and carved open the path to the winning goal for Utaka..?

These are just the few I can instantly recall...there are certainly more...

I no understand the myth about Kanu non-performance for SEagles...He may not have 'bossed' every game & scored tons of goals as he did for the junior teams, but he was still a star performer for SEagles, abeg...
- Bill Shankly
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Ezesportsworld wrote:

Kenya won this
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga