Man Utd vs Arsenal 2-2 FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Man Utd vs Arsenal 2-2 FT

Post by marko »

TEAM NEWS

Manchester United are short of defensive options, and will hope Chris Smalling and Eric Bailly recover from respective foot and back problems.

Ashley Young serves a one-game suspension, Phil Jones is reportedly nursing an injury, and both Luke Shaw and Romelu Lukaku were forced off with knocks on Saturday.

Arsenal's Granit Xhaka is suspended after accumulating five yellow cards.

Playmaker Mesut Ozil is unlikely to feature because of back spasms.
◾We need "mad dogs", says Mourinho
◾Arsenal and Tottenham charged after melee

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

@Guymowbray: On 7 November, Manchester United won at Juventus. It was yet another win from behind that poured water on the fire of speculation about Jose Mourinho's future.

Four Wednesdays - and three Premier League games without a win - later, that fire is raging once more, amid stories of Mourinho's own rage after another comeback from defeat at Southampton.

Now, in a game that used to mean so much to both sides, United must start well for a change against a team for whom change looks to have been a good thing.

There's something more, well, 'Arsenal' about Arsenal again, and they'll fancy their chances of a first league win at Old Trafford for over 12 years.

VIEW FROM THE DUGOUT

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho: "We will have a very difficult match. They are a good team who have had a good run of results. But in spite of our selection issues, they know it won't be easy either.

"We don't need a miracle [to finish in the top four] at all. I think we need a good run of results and we don't need to waste points where we shouldn't be wasting them."

Arsenal head coach Unai Emery: "It will be a very big challenge for us and it will confirm our good moment, or whether we need more.

"It is very difficult to win there because they are a very big team with big players and have a big atmosphere pushing them, but it is an exciting match and my motivation is very big."

LAWRO'S PREDICTION

Despite the contrast in both sides' form, I still have a feeling Manchester United will find a way to win the game.

They need the three points if they are going to have any chance of making the top four by the end of the year, which is Jose Mourinho's target.

Prediction: 2-1

Lawro's full predictions v The 1975 bassist Ross MacDonald

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head
◾The 82 most recent league and cup encounters had featured one or both of Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger.
◾This will be the first meeting in which neither of the long-serving managers is involved since 23 August 1986, when the Gunners won 1-0 in a league game at Highbury.
◾Manchester United are unbeaten in 11 home league matches against Arsenal since September 2006 (W8, D3).
◾However, the Gunners did win at Old Trafford in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup in March 2015.

Manchester United
◾United have conceded 23 goals in their opening 14 Premier League games - only the bottom five (prior to the latest round of matches) have a worse record.
◾Last season it took the Red Devils until 10 March - and 30 matches - until they conceded 23 league goals.
◾They have conceded six goals in the opening 15 minutes of matches this season, a joint-league high with Fulham.
◾Jose Mourinho's side are winless in three league games for the first time in 12 months.
◾Their only home league defeat this term was the 3-0 loss to Tottenham on 27 August.

Arsenal
◾A win would give the Gunners 16 away points - as many as they claimed in total on the road last season (W4, D4, L11).
◾They have already equalled last term's total of four away victories in the top flight.
◾Sunday's triumph against Tottenham was only Arsenal's fourth win in their last 29 league games against other sides from the established top six (D10, L15).
◾The Gunners are unbeaten in their last 12 league games (W9, D3), and 19 matches in all competitions (W15, D4).
◾They are one of four teams to have kept just two Premier League clean sheets this season (along with Manchester United) - only Fulham, with none, have worse record.
◾They have scored 24 second-half goals in the Premier League this season, more than any other side.
◾Arsenal have lost their last three midweek league games, conceding three goals in each defeat.
◾Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored with his last 10 shots on target in the Premier League - no goalkeeper has saved against him since West Ham's Lukasz Fabianski in August.
Last edited by marko on Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Man Utd vs Arsenal early team news

Post by marko »

All the noise making from Mourinho, trying to make a point to the board playing midfielders in defence when we have defenders out on loan and a few capable defenders sitting on the bench, whats the point of playing matic/ mctomminay in defence? when we have Bailly / Rojo, even if he dont trust them, they cannot be any worse than playing Matic in central defence

we have some good youth 1st teamers, what a time to bring some on, there is Fred, Dalot and Perreira who i think can do a job, Fred and dalot cost united a combined 71 million pounds this season and he still complains about the lack of transfer funds

just not sure what is happening except, United were stupid enough to offer him a new deal so any severance will surely cost us in the region between 10-14 million pounds, so they rather wait till there is no hope for united reaching the top 4 so they can get rid of him and pay less as this will be a clause in the contract

This is exactly what Chelsea did as well, the players are not giving 100%, something is fundamentally wrong at old trafford, i hope for future coaches, 2 year deal or nothing
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Oh God help us away at Manu,who is incharge of the game.This is like Jose game to turn it around .
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Arsenal are on a good run now, we cannot defend to save our lives, will be an interesting game though!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Jose Mourinho says Manchester United have not improved after spending £52m on FredMetro Sport ReporterWednesday 5 Dec 2018 12:38 pm
Fred has struggled to make an impact since his £52m arrival in the summer

Jose Mourinho has claimed that Manchester United have not improved despite signing Fred and Diogo Dalot this summer. Fred joined in a £52 million deal from Shakhtar Donetsk but has struggled to make an impact having made just 10 appearances so far.
Dalot, meanwhile, was signed for £19m from Porto but has only featured in five games for United due to injury. Mourinho also demanded a new central defender with Harry Maguire and Toby Alderweirled both targeted, but United’s hierarchy decided not to meet the Portuguese’s request. And Mourinho now believes all of United’s title rivals – including Tottenham who did not make a signing – have all improved since the end of last season.
When asked about the widening gap between United and the Premier League’s leading sides, Mourinho replied: ‘The distance, the 16 [points], the eighth, the 12, the four, the five, is something I couldn’t predict. Diogo Dalot joined United in a £19m deal from Porto (AMA/Getty Images)‘But I told clearly last season we didn’t get the credit we deserve.

‘I think last season, to finish second and to play the FA Cup final and to qualify in the Champions League group as first, I think last season at all we didn’t get the credit we deserve. ‘All of the teams, they got better, they got better. More: Football How Alexis Sanchez went from Arsenal talisman to Manchester United flop Five 'mad dogs' Manchester United should look to sign in January Marcus Rashford reveals how Unai Emery has changed Arsenal ahead of Man Utd clash‘Spurs was the team that didn’t make a direct investment but the best investment is to keep the top players that you have. ‘So every team got better and we didn’t. ‘So I was expecting difficulties for this season but my target is still the top four and we have to fight until the end to finish in the top four.’

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/12/05/jose-mou ... to=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

let the complaining continue!

Marko
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

kajifu wrote:Oh God help us away at Manu,who is incharge of the game.This is like Jose game to turn it around .
Even the likes of Burnley and Fulham at the bottom of the table will fancy their chance against United today not to talk of Arsenal that just whooped Tottenham 4-2 while playing some great football. Stop shaking Kajifu - United's season is done! :curse:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

This is the match that would either prolong Jose's tenure at United or put a brake to it! This is a different Arsenal, one that will not only stick the knife in, but one that would also twist it right and left in and out to ensure the maximum damage is done.

But then this is where Jose the cat with 9 lives might also have the opportunity to stick it to his critics, it has been that sort of yoyo dance so far.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:This is the match that would either prolong Jose's tenure at United or put a brake to it! This is a different Arsenal, one that will not only stick the knife in, but one that would also twist it right and left in and out to ensure the maximum damage is done.

But then this is where Jose the cat with 9 lives might also have the opportunity to stick it to his critics, it has been that sort of yoyo dance so far.
Arsenal are scoring for fun, thats scary with our leaky defence! but like you said, Mourinho is definitely living on the edge

Marko
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

YemiBrazil wrote:
kajifu wrote:Oh God help us away at Manu,who is incharge of the game.This is like Jose game to turn it around .
Even the likes of Burnley and Fulham at the bottom of the table will fancy their chance against United today not to talk of Arsenal that just whooped Tottenham 4-2 while playing some great football. Stop shaking Kajifu - United's season is done! :curse:
Hmm na so you like for set me up,i will not fall for that,Jose that love to come up against beloved like its do or die affair.
We are talking about Jose here not Moyes oooh,i will not fall for that trap,My shaking is even more as its Manu,that 8-2 thrashing is like a ghost,Emery has never beat Jose.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

oloye wrote:This is the match that would either prolong Jose's tenure at United or put a brake to it! This is a different Arsenal, one that will not only stick the knife in, but one that would also twist it right and left in and out to ensure the maximum damage is done.

My shake shake just increase,never like Jose,he enjoy beaten us for fun.I was telling some guys that Jose will not open nyash at Juventus some laugh at me that they will end Jose time as Manu coach.Well like they said the rest is history,Jose beat Juventus then stick it to their fans.
I hope Arsenal players will not fall for that trap that Jose and Manu are down so it is an easy game.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

marko wrote:

Arsenal are scoring for fun, thats scary with our leaky defence! but like you said, Mourinho is definitely living on the edge
Which fun :rotf: :rotf: ?That is how you guys set people up,do you know how many games we draw before the Spurs game?
Arsenal defence is leaky also,Xhaka is not,Ozil is not,so we are the under dogs here.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Fingers crossed :mrgreen: .

I am personally done with Mourinho. He is not the only manager that is having issues with the board in terms of getting money to throw around yet some teams that Alexis' income can sustain have disgraced Man Utd so while I recognize the issues with the management I don't buy it as an excuse for the lackluster displays under Mourinho. I see the worst EPL teams stringing passes effortlessly every week while game flow tend to appear labored with Man United players.

I know what could happen today knowing Mourinho but the bitter option looks appealing and highly probable which I will personally find ironically sweet as that would certainly be one too hard to swallow for the ultra conservative loyalists, possibly change priorities that are currently stubbornly focused only on the spreadsheets and may actually move the super comfortable mountains at Old Trafford.

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Emery better prepare his Arsenal for the most abnormal game they would have experienced since Emery took charge...

Mourinho is the undisputed master at fighting back when he is the 'under-dog'...especially now that he's fighting for his job...

His mission shall be to stymie Arsenal by completely rendering this game 'boring' even though he's playing at Old Trafford...

Arsenal's current engine (Torreira) shall be suffocated by Fellaini or Herrera, Valencia (if available) will kick Aubemayang into the touchline all night long...

Mourinho won't make the same error made against Spurs earlier in the season, by engaging Arsenal toe-to-toe...

There is this funny feeling that Arsenal's current form is perfect for Mourinho's 'negative' football...

Emery, beware...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The board’s reticence in the context of more spending, can perhaps be understood when the success, or lack thereof, of recent investments are taken into consideration. Fred, Lindeloff, Bailly, Pogba, Sanchez, more millions than Ted DiBiasie and barely a Team of the Week amongst them, talk less of POTY. Is United’s position an honest reflection of their squad strength...is their starting lineup so depleted as to merit being 19 points adrift?

It’s a good time to face them, dazed from the succession of head shots, Beloved has the chance to land the blow that brings on the vegetable. Butternut squash preferably.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

FATHER TIKO wrote:Emery better prepare his Arsenal for the most abnormal game they would have experienced since Emery took charge...

Mourinho is the undisputed master at fighting back when he is the 'under-dog'...especially now that he's fighting for his job...

His mission shall be to stymie Arsenal by completely rendering this game 'boring' even though he's playing at Old Trafford...

Arsenal's current engine (Torreira) shall be suffocated by Fellaini or Herrera, Valencia (if available) will kick Aubemayang into the touchline all night long...

Mourinho won't make the same error made against Spurs earlier in the season, by engaging Arsenal toe-to-toe...

There is this funny feeling that Arsenal's current form is perfect for Mourinho's 'negative' football...

Emery, beware...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You have been traumatized by Mourinho's multiple smash and grab jobs on Wenger in the past. Don't worry, Emery gat this! I am calling a 4-1 win for Arsenal.

Wha choo looking at?!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:Emery better prepare his Arsenal for the most abnormal game they would have experienced since Emery took charge...

Emery, beware...

You have been traumatized by Mourinho's multiple smash and grab jobs on Wenger in the past. Don't worry, Emery gat this! I am calling a 4-1 win for Arsenal.
Biko slow down,when last we beat a top team away from home 2-0 before calling 4-1.Not that I will not be happy but biko slow down
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

YemiBrazil wrote:Fingers crossed :mrgreen: .

I am personally done with Mourinho. He is not the only manager that is having issues with the board in terms of getting money to throw around yet some teams that Alexis' income can sustain have disgraced Man Utd so while I recognize the issues with the management I don't buy it as an excuse for the lackluster displays under Mourinho. I see the worst EPL teams stringing passes effortlessly every week while game flow tend to appear labored with Man United players.

I know what could happen today knowing Mourinho but the bitter option looks appealing and highly probable which I will personally find ironically sweet as that would certainly be one too hard to swallow for the ultra conservative loyalists, possibly change priorities that are currently stubbornly focused only on the spreadsheets and may actually move the super comfortable mountains at Old Trafford.
oboy all this jabajatis you write nah grammar, abeg siddon for corner drink small pamie... instead you dey here dey blow english
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:Fingers crossed :mrgreen: .

oboy all this jabajatis you write nah grammar, abeg siddon for corner drink small pamie... instead you dey here dey blow english
Every grammar get target audience... dat one no be for you - you cannot come and go and kill yourself. Oya bring my pamie :lol:

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: take cup my brother..shayo before game start
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Pray De Gea doesn’t have a blunder of a game like he always does against us.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

kajifu wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

Emery, beware...

Biko slow down,when last we beat a top team away from home 2-0 before calling 4-1.Not that I will not be happy but biko slow down
We? Are you English or from London? Kai!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wha choo looking at?!
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Scipio Africanus wrote:

Emery, beware...

Okay-o!
This has nothing to do with Wenger...

Everything to do with Brendan Rodgers Liverpool in 2013/14 at Anfield, when Liverpool were blitzing teams and looking good for the title before Mourinho's Chelsea trudged up at Anfield...

Everything to do with Guardiola's Man City last season at Etihad, City even led 2-0 1st Half, and were preparing for their title party...

Emery's high-flying Arsenal seem ready-made for a Mourinho spoiler...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly