Naby Keita: Here Comes Geggenpresser Mach 4!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Naby Keita: Here Comes Geggenpresser Mach 4!!!

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote:His current injury happened on International duty last month on 10/16 vs Rwanda so I'm not sure why y'all are making it sound like he's been injured the whole season.
Isn't that the key word? Was he injured prior to his "current" injury? He is a 23 abi 24 year old in his first season in the EPL. He will be fine.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:His current injury happened on International duty last month on 10/16 vs Rwanda so I'm not sure why y'all are making it sound like he's been injured the whole season.
Isn't that the key word? Was he injured prior to his "current" injury? He is a 23 abi 24 year old in his first season in the EPL. He will be fine.
I feel you guys are making excuses, he may come good in the future but injuries are not the reason he's not lived up to the hype yet. Wilnaljdums (sp) form is probably more of a valid reason why he hadn't gotten PT, and when he's played he has looked rather ordinary. The hype was a little too much on CE, hopefully he can live up to it at some point...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
I feel you guys are making excuses, he may come good in the future but injuries are not the reason he's not lived up to the hype yet. Wilnaljdums (sp) form is probably more of a valid reason why he hadn't gotten PT, and when he's played he has looked rather ordinary. The hype was a little too much on CE, hopefully he can live up to it at some point...
The hype was a lot everywhere because he is an excellent player. Stating that he has had some injury issues is a fact and not an excuse. He was hurt against Napoli, and hurt again for Guinea. Those are facts. It take a while to come back from injuries and get match fit again.

We are only 13 games into the epl season. He has featured in 9 games of which he played 90 minutes once. I agree that he hasn't been the world class transformer that people hyped him to be yet, but that was unrealistic. Even a gem like David Silva took at least 6 months to show what he could do at City. I don't think Wijnaldum is the reason why he isn't playing as i highly suspect both of them will feature if everyone is available and healthy at the same time. It has more to do with Keita's injuries and his gradual acclimatization to the EPL.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
The hype was a lot everywhere because he is an excellent player. Stating that he has had some injury issues is a fact and not an excuse. He was hurt against Napoli, and hurt again for Guinea. Those are facts. It take a while to come back from injuries and get match fit again.

We are only 13 games into the epl season. He has featured in 9 games of which he played 90 minutes once. I agree that he hasn't been the world class transformer that people hyped him to be yet, but that was unrealistic. Even a gem like David Silva took at least 6 months to show what he could do at City. I don't think Wijnaldum is the reason why he isn't playing as i highly suspect both of them will feature if everyone is available and healthy at the same time. It has more to do with Keita's injuries and his gradual acclimatization to the EPL.
Mba, I disagree with your last sentence. Like you said he's featured in 9 out of 13 matches (more than enough to show glimpses of your ability), 8 of those were before he got any injury and he didn't look special in them. So why are you making injury such a main factor? Maybe he hasn't acclimatized I can definitely rock with that. But we never once saw a glimpse of the hype before he got any injury, that's my issue with that train of thought. Not that injuries aren't a fact, but I would understand your argument if the case was he was balling before getting injured and now that he's on the mend he's taking time to get back to his previous form. That's simply not the case...lets just agree he hasn't yet acclimatized and leave injury talk out of it.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Mba, I disagree with your last sentence. Like you said he's featured in 9 out of 13 matches (more than enough to show glimpses of your ability), 8 of those were before he got any injury and he didn't look special in them. So why are you making injury such a main factor? Maybe he hasn't acclimatized I can definitely rock with that. But we never once saw a glimpse of the hype before he got any injury, that's my issue with that train of thought. Not that injuries aren't a fact, but I would understand your argument if the case was he was balling before getting injured and now that he's on the mend he's taking time to get back to his previous form. That's simply not the case...lets just agree he hasn't yet acclimatized and leave injury talk out of it.

LOL cmon man! I can easily give you two. This was the report from his very first game for Liverpool
Naby Keita puts in faultless display on his Liverpool debut sporting the No 8 jersey... the first time it's been worn since Steven Gerrard left
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... mance.html

He also got a good report against Chelsea the only other time he played 90 mins in the cup game.
Naby Keita proved vs Chelsea how important he will be in the future for Liverpool
https://www.footballfancast.com/premier ... -liverpool

He started off brightly and cooled down a bit before he got injured. To say he hasnt showed any glimpse of the hype is just false.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

LOL cmon man! I can easily give you two. This was the report from his very first game for Liverpool
Naby Keita puts in faultless display on his Liverpool debut sporting the No 8 jersey... the first time it's been worn since Steven Gerrard left
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... mance.html

He also got a good report against Chelsea the only other time he played 90 mins in the cup game.
Naby Keita proved vs Chelsea how important he will be in the future for Liverpool
https://www.footballfancast.com/premier ... -liverpool

He started off brightly and cooled down a bit before he got injured. To say he hasnt showed any glimpse of the hype is just false.
I never said he was a bad player or has shown to be a bad player, but he has not hit those heights in comparison to the hype before he came. Yes he's been steady or 'faultless', but he hasn't been as much of a difference maker as of yet. I hope he gets there. But let me give you example of the CE hype, there was a post of the combined best players from Liverpool and City and some people were saying they would pick Naby over Fernandinho. I was quite shocked like what exactly have they seen from Naby in his few games that matches the consistent and great play we've seen from Fernandinho over the years? The hype kinda tainted my view b/c he looks like just a good/steady player not a special one. But we will see in due time sha.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Yea. well you know we all like shine shine things. He was a new player and had a ton of expectations coming in. Effective work horses like Fernandinho are always underrated because they are not flashy.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

MOM performance at Turf Moor against those thugs from Burnley...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

txj wrote:MOM performance at Turf Moor against those thugs from Burnley...
Monitored the game, Burnley's 1st goal was offside...and the ref was permitting blatant rugby tackles by Burnley players...

Saw Sean Dyches mouthing off at Klopp at the end (probably for the German constantly moaning at the 4th official all game)...Dyches is everything wrong with the English game...So Klopp shouldn't protest when Dyches' players were constantly committing atrocities...

Burnley weren't playing anything called football...

Dyches didn't need to resort to raw savagery to stop Liverpool playing...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
Monitored the game, Burnley's 1st goal was offside...and the ref was permitting blatant rugby tackles by Burnley players...

Saw Sean Dyches mouthing off at Klopp at the end (probably for the German constantly moaning at the 4th official all game)...Dyches is everything wrong with the English game...So Klopp shouldn't protest when Dyches' players were constantly committing atrocities...

Burnley weren't playing anything called football...

Dyches didn't need to resort to raw savagery to stop Liverpool playing...
The goal was clearly offsides; plus Allison was fouled when the ball was kicked off his hands.

As for Dyche, he's been found out this season. A real thug...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Was pure quality... looked more confident.. knitted the midfield together... carried the ball forwards regularly (as opposed to Ginni who is scared to turn and run towards the opponents goal!)... was a goal threat etc

Beginning to show the reason why Klopp wanted him so bad. Going forward he needs to play the majority of our games from now till the end of the season
YNWA
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Naby checked off everything on the hype and scout list today. Interceptions, driving the ball forward, gliding past tackles and opponents, passing , box-to-box, shots on goal - everything. I expect him to displace Gini and/or Hendo and start the next CL game. He showed why he was hyped today. Dude just needs to play his game cos he has IT
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

icee wrote:Naby checked off everything on the hype and scout list today. Interceptions, driving the ball forward, gliding past tackles and opponents, passing , box-to-box, shots on goal - everything. I expect him to displace Gini and/or Hendo and start the next CL game. He showed why he was hyped today. Dude just needs to play his game cos he has IT
Anyone doubting Keita's quality knows nothing about football...

All Klopp needs to do is to acclimatise the dude to the EPL (see the zero protection he got from the ref at Turf Moor)...

That left foot shot that Hart tipped around the post was pure class: on the run, zero back-lift, edge of the box, and on target...

Keita & Fabinho are definite upgrades on Gini-Henderson-Milner...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly