The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by amafolas »

the beauty of 3-4-1-2 with Ramsey is that both Auba and Laca are comfortable being pulled wide. when one goes wide, we still have 2 people attacking the box (ramsey and the other). It is a brilliant formation to accommodate Laca/Auba and get the best out of Ramsey whos is now free to bomb into the box with minimal defensive responsibilities.

This formation doesn't work for Iwobi, mkhi and Ozil (can't wait for this man to go to turkey).
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
anikulapo wrote:With the yellow card induced absence to Chacrap how will Unai line up on Wednesday?

Should he go with his 4-2-3-1 formation and play two ball hawks in the middle with AMN pairing LT or does he simply slot Guendo in for the Swiss Lorry.

Personally I like the prospect of two ball winners in the middle of the field... LT is a good receiver and distributor of the ball from deep and AMN’S pace and closing ability over short distance would be immense. But is he ready for the cauldron of Old Trafford and going head to head and looking into the face of a Star like Pogba?

It would be my same fear for Guendouzi. So that leaves us with El Neny who can pass better than Xhacrap, has more mobility, is far more technically sound and can receive the ball under duress.

This game even more than the Toto walkover will test the coaching acumen of Unai.

Mustafi will probably play.Trained yesterday it is on Arsenal website.

Can he prevent the team from a letdown after the high of Sunday’s performance ... how will he combat a cornered animal like Mourinho in one of his more desperate moments.

Like I said Wednesday is a day of Reckoning for Unai as a Coach at Arsenal.

I can’t wait

Waffi Answer me nah?
I think Emery will stay his 3-4-3 or 3-4-2-1 despite enforced changes. Why? It offers defensive solidity especially with Xhaka out. I disagree when you say Elneny is a better passer than Xhaka, if he were, he starts gead of Xhaka. Wenger and Emery play Xhaka ahead of Elneny for good reasons.

If Niles steps in, it will be a 4-3-3, a solid system that maximises both Niles and Guendouzi's strengths but that Midfield is too young and inexperienced. Emery finished the game on Sunday with a 4-4-2 diamond, this can accommodate, Ramsey along with the 3 mentioned above but I also do not see this happening.

I think Guendouzi partners Torreira as the double pivot in 3-4-3 or 4-2-3-1.

I see us getting something from this game and quietly fancy us nicking it.
I believe Emery started the game as 3-4-2-1 with Mikhi and Iwobi being the twin schemers behind Auba while Bells and Kola has the wings to themselves. Mikhi being off form did not allow one to really be able to judge how solid and effective that formation is. But with the changes he made by bringing in Laca and Ramsey he tweeked it lil bit to 3-4-1-2 with Ramsey being the sole schemer and Laca pairing Auba in the front. Then the injury to Musti caused him again to change the formation by bringing in Guend and playing 4-3-1-2.
So going into the match against Man U, it all depends on whether he plays 3 in the back as he started or 4 in the back as he ended. But with Nacho back and if fit he will likely go for 3 in the back with Nacho slotting into Musti position. In this case he will start the match possibly the way he started the 2nd half against Tots which is 3-4-1-2.
If he starts with 3-4-1-2 Nacho will slot into Musti's position and Guend into Xhaka position. But if he goes for 4-3-1-2 which he ended the Tots match with, the personnel will be as he ended the match. Whichever one he goes for, expect Ramsey to start. Emery's 3-4-1-2 may actually be a new innovation which not only offers a defensive solidity but also plays to our attacking strength in Auba and Laca.
I could have sworn it was a 4-4-2 diamond to end. I agree with your start team except Monreal in the 3 at the back. Instead he will go 4 at the back instead. Why? I don't think Monreal fancies playing left side of CD, same with Holding.
So if Nacho doesn't play and Musti injured then he's likely going for a 4-3-1-2 formation, the way the team ended against Tots.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Laurent Koscielny did not suffer an injury setback after coming off in the final stages of Arsenal U21s’s Checkatrade Trophy match with Portsmouth last night, with the defender instead having suffered cramp.

afcstuff
52m
Laurent Koscielny completed 85 minutes for the Arsenal U23s against Portsmouth, as well as 45 minutes for the U21s against Derby last week & will now he assessed ahead of Saturday’s PL game with Huddersfield.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

amafolas wrote:the beauty of 3-4-1-2 with Ramsey is that both Auba and Laca are comfortable being pulled wide. when one goes wide, we still have 2 people attacking the box (ramsey and the other). It is a brilliant formation to accommodate Laca/Auba and get the best out of Ramsey whos is now free to bomb into the box with minimal defensive responsibilities.

This formation doesn't work for Iwobi, mkhi and Ozil (can't wait for this man to go to turkey).

Wait wait what?????

Dude :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ojafranpa wrote:Laurent Koscielny did not suffer an injury setback after coming off in the final stages of Arsenal U21s’s Checkatrade Trophy match with Portsmouth last night, with the defender instead having suffered cramp.

afcstuff
52m
Laurent Koscielny completed 85 minutes for the Arsenal U23s against Portsmouth, as well as 45 minutes for the U21s against Derby last week & will now he assessed ahead of Saturday’s PL game with Huddersfield.
Thank God not a set back.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

amafolas wrote:the beauty of 3-4-1-2 with Ramsey is that both Auba and Laca are comfortable being pulled wide. when one goes wide, we still have 2 people attacking the box (ramsey and the other). It is a brilliant formation to accommodate Laca/Auba and get the best out of Ramsey whos is now free to bomb into the box with minimal defensive responsibilities.

Totally disagree with your conclusions - Ramsey is useless playing off a striker - he's had numerous opps but messes up due to indiscipline. It's also a nonsense to say you can play as part of a 3 in MF but no defensive responsibilities.
The guy you're seeing as saviour after frustrating Welch fans & Gooners alike has been special coming in as a sub when teams are
getting tired.
When you've to go on a counterattack, he's useless & that cannot be put that to his lack of pace - Cesc is slower but more productive in those situations Then the ability to make the killer pass - he does once in a while but you appreciate why top EPL clubs ain't rushing to give dude a contract like Chelsea & Liverpool did with Oxlade.
Ramsey has a history at this club - the revisionism is OTT!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Can't say enough how impressive Emery has been.

Unlike counterpart on the touchline, 0 self pity, 0 excuses, 0 whining. 20 games unbeaten with in squad labeled dire. Kola, Mustafi, Holding, Iwobi, etc. Emery going full Macgyver, getting results regardless of the odds.

Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Emery with salient points tonight.
Emery on if Man United’s first goal was offside: “I know VAR is coming. When it comes, it can equalise these difficult decisions. I know maybe it was offside, but it was very difficult. I think the referees decision is not important today for the result.
Emery: “After these two injuries, every player went out with good commitment & good mentality to keep our performance on the game. This draw is not the best, but not the worst. I said to the players now we need to finish this week well [against Huddersfield on Saturday].”

Emery on Kolasinac’s mistake for #mufc’s second goal: “He came in at the end with his head looking down & I said to him, ‘Sead, you had a very good match & offensively, you give us a lot, this action in defence can happen, you need to continue & above all, be positive & learn’.”

And finally some good news on Kos...
Emery on Koscielny: "Laurent's very close to playing for us. He played two matches for the U-23s. When are we thinking he will start playing with us? I don’t know if Saturday is a possibility, but we’re thinking the Europa League game vs Qarabag could be a good match for him."
Detective Bunk Moreland

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

- Martial dived for the free kick that led to the goal.

- Their goal should not have stood because it was offside.

- Rojo should have been sent off for the assault on Guendouzi.

- Rojo should have been sent off for the tackle on Auba.

- Rojo should have been sent off for the foul on Lacazette.

- Rojo was the one who played the long ball for their second goal.

- Fellaini should have been sent off for pulling Guendouzi’s hair

- We also had bad luck with injuries to Ramsey and Holding thus severely limiting our options from the bench.

So many things went against us but we still put ourselves in a position to win it twice and could not take it because we conceded before settling and consolidate our lead. We missed an opportunity to pick up 3 points and the players knew it. You could see they could not hide their disappointment.

We match on to the next game with confidence and determination. Hopefully we pick up 3 points.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Arsenal for life,i like how Emery doesn't make excuse for poor officiating ,letting the players know they could still do a better job.
Hopefully the boys can win come Saturday,if Leicester can win or get a draw from spurs we can move to third ,I don't see Chelsea beaten City but again miracles happen.So lets see how Saturday plays out,All the top teams playing Saturday,8 games on saturday
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:

Wait wait what?????

Look you. Your predictions on formation was wrong and you dey laugh Amofalas. You don forget set in you write. Go read am again.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Wait wait what?????

Look you. Your predictions on formation was wrong and you dey laugh Amofalas. You don forget set in you write. Go read am again.

I made a prediction on formations? Jesu is it reading or comprehension? Or in your case, LYING :woot: :taunt: ?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Here we go again with this guy ohhh :rotf:

Oya embarrass yourself with ya search engines ...AGAIN :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Oh God why why why?This is just so sad hope is not true,we need him come March to finish the season
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

That news has been so difficult to take. :( :(
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Wait wait what?????

I made a prediction on formations? Jesu is it reading or comprehension? Or in your case, LYING :woot: :taunt: ?

Now you are getting worse. You did not have the guts to stand up and make a prediction, yet you laugh at someone who did. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

BTW! Here is what you said.

]
anikulapo wrote:Should he go with his 4-2-3-1 formation and play two ball hawks in the middle with AMN pairing LT or does he simply slot Guendo in for the Swiss Lorry.

Personally I like the prospect of two ball winners in the middle of the field... LT is a good receiver and distributor of the ball from deep and AMN’S pace and closing ability over short distance would be immense. But is he ready for the cauldron of Old Trafford and going head to head and looking into the face of a Star like Pogba?

It would be my same fear for Guendouzi. So that leaves us with El Neny who can pass better than Xhacrap, has more mobility, is far more technically sound and can receive the ball under duress.

This game even more than the Toto walkover will test the coaching acumen of Unai.

Can he prevent the team from a letdown after the high of Sunday’s performance ... how will he combat a cornered animal like Mourinho in one of his more desperate moments.

I can’t wait
You danced around the issue because you preferred to sit on the fence. You should have grown a pair and made a proper prediction. When you make a prediction, then you can laugh at someone who had the courage to risk being wrong.

Notice how we missed Xhaka yesterday. Not that you will notice, you were missing Elneny :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:
Buying in Jan imperative, CB and winger an absolute must. Squad starting to crack due to fatigue and injury. Really hope Sven has few diamonds up his sleeve.
Detective Bunk Moreland

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Buying in Jan imperative, CB and winger an absolute must. Squad starting to crack due to fatigue and injury. Really hope Sven has few diamonds up his sleeve.

if we cant get a winger, get a LB to back up/replace Monreal and play Kola as a winger. Dude is immense on offense.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Wait wait what?????

Now you are getting worse. You did not have the guts to stand up and make a prediction, yet you laugh at someone who did. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

BTW! Here is what you said.

]
anikulapo wrote:Should he go with his 4-2-3-1 formation and play two ball hawks in the middle with AMN pairing LT or does he simply slot Guendo in for the Swiss Lorry.

I can’t wait
You danced around the issue because you preferred to sit on the fence. You should have grown a pair and made a proper prediction. When you make a prediction, then you can laugh at someone who had the courage to risk being wrong.

Notice how we missed Xhaka yesterday. Not that you will notice, you were missing Elneny :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Jesu Jesu Jesu

So you have been proven to be a LIAR AND A FABLE Peddler but instead of fessin’ up to ya lies you wan accuse me of all people of cowardice ?

Ahahahaha :rotf: :rotf:

Your words have condemned you son.

I’m nearly dying of laughter here ... So all this time Yemisi was right about you :taunt:

And look who’s talking?

Waffi the coward who can’t proffer an opinion during the game but will come though post match like TXJ and claim to know things that don’t even exist in the world of the sane and reasonable :mrgreen:

Wa yo man :mrgreen:

Why would I attempt to predict a coach’s lineup with any certainty? That’s foolhardy and idiotic. Am I in training or in the coach’s strategy sessions?

Again Waffi you no sabi football ... keep telling fibs and fables for the small minds like Globero and Robby to lap up :tic: :tic:

MLK.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Chief, the skill set for a winger is very different from that of a fullback/wingback. The Ashley Cole in front of Clichy debacle springs to mind. Kolasinac is not a winger and given how advanced Wingers play nowadays in both the 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1, his limitations for the role are all the more apparent. If the intention is however, to bless Beloved with a new aged Stephen Hunt, workrate, graft, tough as nails, as opposed to a bootleg Hazard, good call.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Coach wrote:@Chief, the skill set for a winger is very different from that of a fullback/wingback. The Ashley Cole in front of Clichy debacle springs to mind. Kolasinac is not a winger and given how advanced Wingers play nowadays in both the 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1, his limitations for the role are all the more apparent. If the intention is however, to bless Beloved with a new aged Stephen Hunt, workrate, graft, tough as nails, as opposed to a bootleg Hazard, good call.

hear you. My suggestion was based on our usual being "priced out of the market".
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun ... douzi/amp/

You just knew the media wouldn’t allow Arsenal to enjoy their roll ..... Nevertheless it serves the player right for trusting the wrong people and put themselves out there

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun ... douzi/amp/

You just knew the media wouldn’t allow Arsenal to enjoy their roll ..... Nevertheless it serves the player right for trusting the wrong people and put themselves out there
What is wrong with this players?I hope Emery go tough on them,anything less than 5-0 tomorrow should not be accepted by Emery,imagine this festive period with so many games yet this guys are trying to bring us down.
Ozil so his back now heal to be smoking rubbish when he should be taking treatment?
My cousin said Ozil ask them to attend that party,why is he trying to distract the team if my cousin is right?He is not playing why not allow those who are playing to rest.Mustafi that clown at party still making bonehead decision.
Emery please biko handle this well.