Liverpool 2018/19 season + Game Threads

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg
Re: Liverpool 2018/19 season

Post by FATHER TIKO »

heavyd wrote:
metalalloy wrote:Alisson don join De Winch as keepers that earn you three points.

Liverpool must be thankful the days of pipes like Mignolet and his understudy are long gone.
To be honest i dont really think the save was anything special. Mignolet has made countless saves much better than that.
What Alisson brings to the team is Confidence. Confidence and knowledge that he will do the simple things very well, wont make many stupid Mistakes and will also come up with the odd stupendous save. His calmness on the ball and excellent distribution are also great assets.
I beg to differ...Mignolet wouldn't close down Milik that fast: it was Allison's speed that made that save; he got to Milik so quick that the angle narrowed and Milik needed to hastily strike the ball...

Mignolet is an excellent shot-stopper...but he's not so good at one v one situations...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Big game today. Big call leaving Milner and Henderson out. Need passion and controlled aggression for this. Win and we go too again. Church so will have to watch on delay again. Won’t be able to take part in conversation during the game. Best of luck Red Men! YNWA...

Liverpool: Alisson, Clyne, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Keita, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Mignolet, Henderson, Sturridge, Moreno, Lallana, Shaqiri, Camacho.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Keita making some good runs but not being rewarded
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The biggest problem of United is the coach who in his third year with the team still does not know his best team...

It is no surprise the team plays like they are strangers
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Maneeeeee
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Just look at Young, pathetic defending.... Mane made that run right in front of him, he stood there still congratulating himself for the bone shattering tackle he made on Salah 2 mins before
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Mignolet don do Alisson juju oh!

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

metalalloy wrote:Mignolet don do Alisson juju oh!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Still trust Allisson. Even the greatest goalies have howler days. The ball bounced off his knee. Could have happened to anyone.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

That is Championship football.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Good team. Midfield will be important again. We go again. YNWA.....

Alisson, Milner, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Fabinho, Keita, Mane, Salah, Firmino

Subs: Mignolet, Clyne, Wijnaldum, Sturridge, Lallana, Shaqiri, Origi
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

1-0 Liverpool.
Salah! :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

1-0 Liverpool.
Salah! :clap:
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Is TheOx still at Liverpool? Haven't heard from him in a while.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

bepanda wrote:Is TheOx still at Liverpool? Haven't heard from him in a while.
Ox is recovering from injury. Probably won’t play this year
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Is Van Dijk the best or is Van Dijk the best center-back in the EPL? Kai! Na wa oh! What a player! Oga mi oloye, as a defender, please come and tell me how good Van Dijk is.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Game was under control throughout. Henderson and Fabinho bossed the midfield. Hope Meita is ok. Nice professional win. Newcastle next
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

ohsee wrote:Is Van Dijk the best or is Van Dijk the best center-back in the EPL? Kai! Na wa oh! What a player! Oga mi oloye, as a defender, please come and tell me how good Van Dijk is.
Dede I have followed that boy"s performance and development from the first day I watched him pairing Efe in the heart of Celtic defence.... He has surpassed my expectations. He is a boss, his calmness on the ball and the way he organises the defence is a delight to watch. He makes it all look so easy

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oloye wrote:
ohsee wrote:Is Van Dijk the best or is Van Dijk the best center-back in the EPL? Kai! Na wa oh! What a player! Oga mi oloye, as a defender, please come and tell me how good Van Dijk is.
Dede I have followed that boy"s performance and development from the first day I watched him pairing Efe in the heart of Celtic defence.... He has surpassed my expectations. He is a boss, his calmness on the ball and the way he organises the defence is a delight to watch. He makes it all look so easy
Chai! So this guy paired Ambrose at Celtic?
Na wa o......weytin come happen?
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

oloye wrote:
Klopp knew what he was getting when he risked everything by even making "inappropriate approach" to Van Dijk, before having to play the patient game for the drama to play out...

The guy is a colossus...pace, strength, elegance, laser-like focus...

The league's stereotypical bully striker (Troy Deeney) summed Van Dijk thus: "Too sleek..too strong...He even shampoos his hair; and I bet that smells nice too..."

My highlight from Molineux last night:
Deep in the 2nd half, one of the quickest strikers in the EPL (Traore) thought he could out-pace Van Dijk...Van Dijk matched him for pace for 20m, nicked the ball off Traore back to Allisson...Minutes later, a distraught Traore was subbed off...

VVD is a monster.
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
oloye wrote:
Klopp knew what he was getting when he risked everything by even making "inappropriate approach" to Van Dijk, before having to play the patient game for the drama to play out...

The league's stereotypical bully striker (Troy Deeney) summed Van Dijk thus: "Too sleek..too strong...He even shampoos his hair; and I bet that smells nice too..."

Deep in the 2nd half, one of the quickest strikers in the EPL (Traore) thought he could out-pace Van Dijk...Van Dijk matched him for pace for 20m, nicked the ball off Traore back to Allisson...Minutes later, a distraught Traore was subbed off...

VVD is a monster.
Every player gets better playing and learning under the Dean.........there is a BIG reason why players(eg. Gotze, Kagawa,Sahin etc) returned to mediocre levels the moment they leave the DEAN OF THE WORLD COUNCIL OF COACHES. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Even our Babatunde will look worldclass playing under the .............Dean. :thumbs: :thumbs:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

I couldn’t believe it when he ran down Mane the season before we got him. Mane had a yard on him, he ran Mane down and took the ball away from him. He is good.
FATHER TIKO wrote:
oloye wrote:

VVD is a monster.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
oloye wrote:

VVD is a monster.
One thousand percent KPOM. Whether for Liverpool o, or for Holland o, the guy na wa.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Shoki ki Shoki Mustafi, most interceptions in Europe, at some point in time. Proper defender.