Unheralded African coach in the EPL: Nuno Santo of Wolves

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg
Unheralded African coach in the EPL: Nuno Santo of Wolves

Post by JACKAL »

How come no one is talking about this man ?

Trashed Tottenham today and has put up some pretty incredible coaching everywhere has he been... :clap: :clap:
Mankinka
Egg
Egg
Re: Unheralded African coach in the EPL: Nuno Santo of Wolv

Post by Mankinka »

JACKAL wrote:How come no one is talking about this man ?

Trashed Tottenham today and has put up some pretty incredible coaching everywhere has he been... :clap: :clap:
Even for CE describing Nuno Santo as an African is a stretch. Hey while you are at it let's thrown in most of the he French squad as well.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Mankinka wrote:

Even for CE describing Nuno Santo as an African is a stretch. Hey while you are at it let's thrown in most of the he French squad as well.
Man is on something. I know I don't want it. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Mankinka wrote:

Born: January 25, 1974 (age 44 years), São Tomé, São Tomé and Príncipe

Jackal may be onto something !! I guess Sao Tome na still Africa abi ?
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Had better players than Pochettino and form too, hence the result. The question Nonso Santo needs to answer is, why hasn’t Adanma Walcott completed a game?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Mankinka wrote:

He was born in a West African island so yeah,some of the players CE are crying about playing for the Super Eagles where born further away from main land Africa than he was but I digress!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Emm, that coach has been around. Coached FC Porto, Valencia etc. Welcome to current affairs
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Mankinka wrote:

so what are you saying ? He is not African ????
Makinka,

I am still waiting for you to clarify for us if you think a man born in Africa is African or Not ??
Last edited by JACKAL on Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Waffiman wrote:
Mankinka wrote:

Waffiman… you still dey ? I thought they said you passed on?.... ooooppps, wait a minute, that was mini me ! :mrgreen:
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Mankinka wrote:

He was born in a West African island so yeah,some of the players CE are crying about playing for the Super Eagles where born further away from main land Africa than he was but I digress!
Race is a social construct; How many times do you have to hear this ? and the super eagles in your reference probably felt African right from the womb irrespective of geographical location
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

jette1 wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Mankinka wrote:

Race is a social construct; How many times do you have to hear this ? and the super eagles in your reference probably felt African right from the womb irrespective of geographical location
Race and nationality are not the same espicailly in the West!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
jette1 wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Mankinka wrote:

Race and nationality are not the same espicailly in the West!
please expand your thought so we follow
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

JACKAL wrote:
Mankinka wrote:

[/size]
Makinka,

I am still waiting for you to clarify for us if you think a man born in Africa is African or Not ??
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

JACKAL wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Mankinka wrote:

Waffiman… you still dey ? I thought they said you passed on?.... ooooppps, wait a minute, that was mini me ! :mrgreen:
Waffiman,

Why is it that you and the likes of Damunk always stick your neck out before you verify on your own the accuracy of anyone's reply...

arnt you tired of coming up short all the time? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

:thumbs:
For me the best thing about him is his name. How can you not admire a man whose surname means "Holy Ghost"?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

JACKAL wrote:
Mankinka wrote:

Makinka,

A man born in Africa may or may not be "African". Where none of the parents is African, it depends on what he/she ultimately recognizes him/herself to be. Thus far, he has never been described as an African indigene, save for place of birth, which technically speaking, was "Portuguese" (by dint of colonization, not Geography) Sao Tome and Principe at the time of his birth.

Nuno Espirito Santo is Portuguese.

There are enough African coaches out there to herald, not least of which is our own Sunny Oliseh...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

txj wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
Mankinka wrote:

Makinka,

A man born in Africa may or may not be "African". Where none of the parents is African, it depends on what he/she ultimately recognizes him/herself to be. Thus far, he has never been described as an African indigene, save for place of birth, which technically speaking, was "Portuguese" (by dint of colonization, not Geography) Sao Tome and Principe at the time of his birth.

Nuno Espirito Santo is Portuguese.

There are enough African coaches out there to herald, not least of which is our own Sunny Oliseh...
TXJ,

Until you pick up your courage and tell us the meaning on "Purchasing power" I am hereby banning you from contributing to any of my treads.

Cellular please write whatever code you need to write to make this happen. !! Thank you.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Decent coach but the true test, litmus, is in his handling of Adama Traore. One of the most gifted, in terms of raw attributes and ability, yet one of the most flawed as far as brain be concerned. If Nonso can get any more than a FIFA Street player out of Traore, he deserves to be knighted.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Coach wrote:Decent coach but the true test, litmus, is in his handling of Adama Traore. One of the most gifted, in terms of raw attributes and ability, yet one of the most flawed as far as brain be concerned. If Nonso can get any more than a FIFA Street player out of Traore, he deserves to be knighted.
Was at the game and I kept an eye on traore, the guy is an unbelievable talent the guy needs a slight tweak in his game.. The speed and close control he just needs his head up
Oya back to the matter
open and close
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The modern day Franz Carr.
Coach wrote:Decent coach but the true test, litmus, is in his handling of Adama Traore. One of the most gifted, in terms of raw attributes and ability, yet one of the most flawed as far as brain be concerned. If Nonso can get any more than a FIFA Street player out of Traore, he deserves to be knighted.
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
Mankinka wrote:

Born: January 25, 1974 (age 44 years), São Tomé, São Tomé and Príncipe

Jackal may be onto something !! I guess Sao Tome na still Africa abi ?

Don't blame him, he probably though the man is from Angola... or a decampee from Brazil to Tunisia (Remember that guy for Tunisia? )
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

This guy Nuno is the most underrated coach in World soccer...

They beat the much talked about Manu today 2-1 in the FA cup.....and they have a good chance of qualifying for European competition next year.

[/video]
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

JACKAL wrote:This guy Nuno is the most underrated coach in World soccer...

They beat the much talked about Manu today 2-1 in the FA cup.....and they have a good chance of qualifying for European competition next year.

[/video]
Dude has been winning titles with Porto..research...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved