CITY VS LIVERPOOL (2-1) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CITY VS LIVERPOOL (2-1) FT

Post by The YeyeMan »

oloye wrote:That bald headed ref is a City sympathiser
Well, he IS from Manchester.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

The YeyeMan wrote:
green4life wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:Hate to complain about refs but how is Kompany's challenge not a red card?
After all the favorable calls Liverpool has enjoyed all season, you folks should be the last to complain about missed calls.
What favourable calls?
Many including but not limited to soft pks that other clubs don't get the benefit of.
Nah, you're wrong.
Liverpool unluckiest Premier League team & Manchester United luckiest, says study

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45087444
Gerrard slip makes for 99% of your misfortune :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

The YeyeMan wrote:
He, like most epl refs, is incompetent
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

green4life wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
green4life wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:Hate to complain about refs but how is Kompany's challenge not a red card?
After all the favorable calls Liverpool has enjoyed all season, you folks should be the last to complain about missed calls.
What favourable calls?
Many including but not limited to soft pks that other clubs don't get the benefit of.
Nah, you're wrong.
Liverpool unluckiest Premier League team & Manchester United luckiest, says study

The unluckiest team getting cheap pks left and right. OK.
Spurs have won the same number of penalties at Anfield as Liverpool in the past year. Left and right? OK.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Begins to explain his dodgy actions
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:

Nonetheless it should have been a red card
What are the fav calls? U are probably referring to the 2 PKs at home in the last 2yrs?.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote:Gutted...Did enough to get a point...three clearances off the goal line....

Hopefully we rebound quickly. Goal is to win the league not set records...
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

:D
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

The YeyeMan wrote:
green4life wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
green4life wrote:
What favourable calls?
Nah, you're wrong.

August 7th 2018
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

balo wrote::D
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: These are probably Kenyans :lol: :lol:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: CITY VS LIVERPOOL (2-1) 2H

Post by mcal »

Molue Conductor wrote:
mcal wrote:...City lucky, Liverpool weak left side exploited.
not luck..good preparation
...both sides prepared well. The 2 mouth clearance could have made a difference, plus, yeah, City saw the loophole on Liverpool right defence.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

That was an excellent game to watch. One of the best I've seen in a while. I felt like I was watching a tactical masterpiece.

The game was balanced until City took control from around the 20th-60th minutes. Despite his goal I felt Aguero was a liability with his poor dribbling and decisionmaking. I understand why he's out there but Sterling is such an enigma; a more decisive winger in his role today would've ran riot on Liverpool. Despite all his shortcomings today, he set up the winning goal so he earned his shirt. Sane had an up and down game but caused problems all day for Liverpool.

It was strange to see Liverpool on the defensive in an EPL game. Other than Mane's first half chance and their goal they struggled to create much.

Lets see how they react after such a big loss. They have a 4 point lead so they can't be too upset and sooner or later they would have to deal with adversity. One of the things they have going for them is a much easier schedule until mid-February than City.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:Gutted...Did enough to get a point...three clearances off the goal line....

Liverpool were not the better side, hitting the post doesn't count as a goal. Speaking of chances, City blew a few of their own clear cut chances too. There were parts were Liverpool controlled the game but there were parts City took control as well but at the end of the day City wanted it more and came out with the W. Two good teams put on a good show, that's all that was. To suggest Liverpool were the better side is laughable and the stats (besides having slightly better possession) don't correlate with this line of thought.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

tfco wrote:sane.
had a s.hit game

nice goal, mind
Disagree, thought he was excellent.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Liverpool were not the better side, hitting the post doesn't count as a goal. Speaking of chances, City blew a few of their own clear cut chances too. There were parts were Liverpool controlled the game but there were parts City took control as well but at the end of the day City wanted it more and came out with the W. Two good teams put on a good show, that's all that was. To suggest Liverpool were the better side is laughable and the stats (besides having slightly better possession) don't correlate with this line of thought.
Actually they were tactically the side with greater stability, and City won on emotion and guts- nothing wrong with that btw...

True the game went back and forth a few times, but LFC was able to control the game without the ball better than City. It wasn't a game based on possession even though LFC shaded possession slightly; LFC had more shots on goal. On chances created, LFC also shaded it...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Heliopolis wrote:That was an excellent game to watch. One of the best I've seen in a while. I felt like I was watching a tactical masterpiece.

The game was balanced until City took control from around the 20th-60th minutes. Despite his goal I felt Aguero was a liability with his poor dribbling and decisionmaking. I understand why he's out there but Sterling is such an enigma; a more decisive winger in his role today would've ran riot on Liverpool. Despite all his shortcomings today, he set up the winning goal so he earned his shirt. Sane had an up and down game but caused problems all day for Liverpool.

It was strange to see Liverpool on the defensive in an EPL game. Other than Mane's first half chance and their goal they struggled to create much.

Lets see how they react after such a big loss. They have a 4 point lead so they can't be too upset and sooner or later they would have to deal with adversity. One of the things they have going for them is a much easier schedule until mid-February than City.
1v1 with the GK cannot be a half chance.

City cleared the ball off the line three times and they struggled to create much?

Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

txj wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:That was an excellent game to watch. One of the best I've seen in a while. I felt like I was watching a tactical masterpiece.

City cleared the ball off the line three times and they struggled to create much?
Please read.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Banana :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

fernandinho was the man of the match, made sure he disrupted Liverpool midfield, good tactical game though, a bit scrappy, the game deserved a draw but i think it was good for the league that city won this, Liverpool should recover from this easily, they got beaten by a slight margin of error, easily the 2 best sides in the premiership right now
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

txj wrote:

I think he meant Mane's chance in the first half.

I have to admit I'm mildly surprised you of all people didn't get it. :P
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Good game,City were lucky to win the game,Kompany is lucky not to see red and that change the outcome.
4 points not bad,they now have tough games like Chelsea and spurs at home.Good result for the league and I must say this are the best two teams in the league by a mile.