Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:09 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:54 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 43261
Heliopolis wrote:
That was an excellent game to watch. One of the best I've seen in a while. I felt like I was watching a tactical masterpiece.

The game was balanced until City took control from around the 20th-60th minutes. Despite his goal I felt Aguero was a liability with his poor dribbling and decisionmaking. I understand why he's out there but Sterling is such an enigma; a more decisive winger in his role today would've ran riot on Liverpool. Despite all his shortcomings today, he set up the winning goal so he earned his shirt. Sane had an up and down game but caused problems all day for Liverpool.

It was strange to see Liverpool on the defensive in an EPL game. Other than Mane's first half chance and their goal they struggled to create much.

Lets see how they react after such a big loss. They have a 4 point lead so they can't be too upset and sooner or later they would have to deal with adversity. One of the things they have going for them is a much easier schedule until mid-February than City.

I take it you missed the Sallah chance in the seco d half, the one Ederson saved that almost had Pepe running mad because of a foul leading to the chance that was not called.
Mane's chance was not a half chance, it was a full chance that was thrown away by carelessness. Aguero's goal is what a half chance looks like IMHO.

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 36884
oloye wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:
That was an excellent game to watch. One of the best I've seen in a while. I felt like I was watching a tactical masterpiece.

The game was balanced until City took control from around the 20th-60th minutes. Despite his goal I felt Aguero was a liability with his poor dribbling and decisionmaking. I understand why he's out there but Sterling is such an enigma; a more decisive winger in his role today would've ran riot on Liverpool. Despite all his shortcomings today, he set up the winning goal so he earned his shirt. Sane had an up and down game but caused problems all day for Liverpool.

It was strange to see Liverpool on the defensive in an EPL game. Other than Mane's first half chance and their goal they struggled to create much.

Lets see how they react after such a big loss. They have a 4 point lead so they can't be too upset and sooner or later they would have to deal with adversity. One of the things they have going for them is a much easier schedule until mid-February than City.

I take it you missed the Sallah chance in the seco d half, the one Ederson saved that almost had Pepe running mad because of a foul leading to the chance that was not called.
Mane's chance was not a half chance, it was a full chance that was thrown away by carelessness. Aguero's goal is what a half chance looks like IMHO.

Uncle thank you for calling it as it is,people making stuff up as if we did not watch the game.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 38369
Location: Somewhere
kajifu wrote:
oloye wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:
That was an excellent game to watch. One of the best I've seen in a while. I felt like I was watching a tactical masterpiece.

The game was balanced until City took control from around the 20th-60th minutes. Despite his goal I felt Aguero was a liability with his poor dribbling and decisionmaking. I understand why he's out there but Sterling is such an enigma; a more decisive winger in his role today would've ran riot on Liverpool. Despite all his shortcomings today, he set up the winning goal so he earned his shirt. Sane had an up and down game but caused problems all day for Liverpool.

It was strange to see Liverpool on the defensive in an EPL game. Other than Mane's first half chance and their goal they struggled to create much.

Lets see how they react after such a big loss. They have a 4 point lead so they can't be too upset and sooner or later they would have to deal with adversity. One of the things they have going for them is a much easier schedule until mid-February than City.

I take it you missed the Sallah chance in the seco d half, the one Ederson saved that almost had Pepe running mad because of a foul leading to the chance that was not called.
Mane's chance was not a half chance, it was a full chance that was thrown away by carelessness. Aguero's goal is what a half chance looks like IMHO.

Uncle thank you for calling it as it is,people making stuff up as if we did not watch the game.


you all misread his post. He did not call Mane's chance a "half chance". He called it "first half" chance, as in a chance that occurred in the first half.

_________________
Image
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 76044
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
balo wrote:


:clap: :clap: :clap:

aboa...ewu

you think this is Crappasliga where you win it by December

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 11078
That clearance from Stones off the line in the first half was so close. About 99% of the ball was over the line! NBCSN gave an amazing stat yesterday that the there was only 1.2cm preventing the entirety of the ball from crossing the line.

:shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 38369
Location: Somewhere
tfco wrote:
balo wrote:


:clap: :clap: :clap:

aboa...ewu

you think this is Crappasliga where you win it by December



when did he win it last year? :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: Didn't Mourinho win the league with Chelsea by October or something :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: when Diego Costa + Fabregas dominated every opponent?

_________________
Image
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 46728
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
tfco wrote:
balo wrote:


:clap: :clap: :clap:

aboa...ewu

you think this is Crappasliga where you win it by December



when did he win it last year? :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: Didn't Mourinho win the league with Chelsea by October or something :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: when Diego Costa + Fabregas dominated every opponent?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: when did facts matter to that one? Send him back to twitter to copy and paste another meaningless rambling thought.

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Last edited by metalalloy on Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 46728
Heliopolis wrote:
That was an excellent game to watch. One of the best I've seen in a while. I felt like I was watching a tactical masterpiece.

The game was balanced until City took control from around the 20th-60th minutes. Despite his goal I felt Aguero was a liability with his poor dribbling and decisionmaking. I understand why he's out there but Sterling is such an enigma; a more decisive winger in his role today would've ran riot on Liverpool. Despite all his shortcomings today, he set up the winning goal so he earned his shirt. Sane had an up and down game but caused problems all day for Liverpool.

It was strange to see Liverpool on the defensive in an EPL game. Other than Mane's first half chance and their goal they struggled to create much.

Lets see how they react after such a big loss. They have a 4 point lead so they can't be too upset and sooner or later they would have to deal with adversity. One of the things they have going for them is a much easier schedule until mid-February than City.


They were playing City. That being said, still wondering what Klopp was smoking when he started a pipe like Henderson in such a fixture.

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 44637
Location: Akoko Highlands
Shaqiri was useless yesterday. Sabotaged Klopp's trust.

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 38369
Location: Somewhere
balo wrote:
Shaqiri was useless yesterday. Sabotaged Klopp's trust.



huh?

_________________
Image
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 44637
Location: Akoko Highlands
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
balo wrote:
Shaqiri was useless yesterday. Sabotaged Klopp's trust.



huh?



He was giving the ball away at will.

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 38369
Location: Somewhere
balo wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
balo wrote:
Shaqiri was useless yesterday. Sabotaged Klopp's trust.



huh?



He was giving the ball away at will.



yo need to go back to your kitchen and come up with a new recipe to share with us.

_________________
Image
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 44637
Location: Akoko Highlands
Manchester City took their frustrations out on poor Rotherham United.

Named a very strong team and beat them 7 - 0.

Ajayi dashed them an OG to boot.

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:12 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:55 am
Posts: 31224
Location: Canada
metalalloy wrote:
That being said, still wondering what Klopp was smoking when he started a pipe like Henderson in such a fixture.

:???: :???: :???: But...but...but Captain "always give me the armband if I step onto the field, even if it is only two seconds to go" Henderson firmly believes he is all that and a big bag of chips too. Did you not see him yelling at Oga Van Dijk for a trivial error a few games ago? Please respect the lionhearted lumberjack Englishman o! He knows how to fight and get stuck in. :idea:

_________________
Image
Visit my blog at http://www.soccergoat.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], maceo4, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 36 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group