Chukwueze v Real Madrid

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
Re: Chukwueze v Real Madrid

Post by chief nfachairman »

Tobi17 wrote:This kid is the real deal... Been praying for a world class player to emerge for the SE for such a long time now, and it seems my prayers are been answered finally.
Ndidi is also world class. He is a few months away from joining the Top clubs in the world.

Troost Ekong
Ola Aina
Omeruo
Henry Onyekuru
Alex Iwobi
Samuel Kalu

are 1 or 2 seasons away from been world class.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:This kid is the real deal... Been praying for a world class player to emerge for the SE for such a long time now, and it seems my prayers are been answered finally.
Ndidi is also world class. He is a few months away from joining the Top clubs in the world.

Troost Ekong
Ola Aina
Omeruo
Henry Onyekuru
Alex Iwobi
Samuel Kalu

I can still remember people on here trashing this kid because of his U-20 performance..................God is good.

Next stop Ifeanyi Mathew from that same U-20 Squad
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

chief nfachairman wrote:

Troost Ekong
Ola Aina
Omeruo
Henry Onyekuru
Alex Iwobi
Samuel Kalu

Ndidi yes, the rest of them aside from Iwobi....come on...good players but they have their ceilings and its not world class level.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

maceo4 wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

Troost Ekong
Ola Aina
Omeruo
Henry Onyekuru
Alex Iwobi
Samuel Kalu

Ndidi yes, the rest of them aside from Iwobi....come on...good players but they have their ceilings and its not world class level.
Samuel Kalu has the potential to be wc if he can cut out the indiscipline. Troost is too inconsistent.
I am happy
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

maceo4 wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

Troost Ekong
Ola Aina
Omeruo
Henry Onyekuru
Alex Iwobi
Samuel Kalu

Same ceiling as Salah and De Bruyne at Chelsea :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Maceo based on our past debate about Simon vs Kalu..........Please leave this matter :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wale1974 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

Troost Ekong
Ola Aina
Omeruo
Henry Onyekuru
Alex Iwobi
Samuel Kalu

Maceo based on our past debate about Simon vs Kalu..........Please leave this matter :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Refresh my memory, what debate and what does it have to do with this? Salah and De Bruyne were bought by and used by Chelsea early in their career so their potential was never in doubt, they showed it at smaller clubs before making the jump back up. I hope our guys go on to be Salah's and De Bruynes, but I live in reality and these guys haven't shown to be such talents.

Iwobi is clearly showing that potential and with more consistency can definitely get there. But come on Omeruo, Troost, Aina, Onyekuru are average to below average players. Even Rohr is begging other average defenders in Germany to bring them into the fold and challenge Omeruo and Troost. Aina in SE can't start over a midfielder at his preferred RB position when both are fully fit. Onyekuru is a stand-by invitee to the SE and his club form has been going down hill from Belgium days.

Now Kalu is a different prospect, if he truly is 20/21 he has time to cut out a lot of his bad habits and reach a higher level. But that's a big if and this season he's starting to chop bench recently probably because he is not really improving. Hopefully he gets it together because he does have the talent.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

chief nfachairman wrote:

Troost Ekong
Ola Aina
Omeruo
Henry Onyekuru
Alex Iwobi
Samuel Kalu

Can you please define "world class"?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

maceo4 wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

Troost Ekong
Ola Aina
Omeruo
Henry Onyekuru
Alex Iwobi
Samuel Kalu

Samuel Kalu: 4yrs ago, he was playing in a local academy in plateau state. Then Slovakia, Belgium and now made a $10m to Lique 1. You can see steady progress. He has everything and excellent technique to be a world class player.

Troost ekong: He is growing. He is at Udinese and has turned it up in the last few games. A great season or 2 in Udinese and it's Man Utds, Chelsea, Jive, real, Barca, etc.

Henry Onyekuru: He is joint 5th highest goalscorers in the league playing from the wings. He is new to the team and hardly played any game 2nd half of last season due to injury. But we know, Henry can be magical. Hes owned by Everton. Last season, he was close to signing with PSG.

Omeruo: owned by chelsea, just like Sallah and Debryne. Leganes have gone 9 games unbeaten keeping 5 clean sheets in the last 5games. And Omeruo is sits in the heart of that defence. He is a rock in the air and on ground and good with the ball.

Ola Aina: he is already a sensation at Torino. Very skillful full/wing back that plays both left and right. Like Sallah and Debryune, he's also owned by chelsea. Let's wait and see
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Leganes lost today but Omeruo was the highest rated defensive player on his team and 2nd in the game. Kenneth is starting to live up to hype he received in the early years. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

chief nfachairman wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

Troost Ekong
Ola Aina
Omeruo
Henry Onyekuru
Alex Iwobi
Samuel Kalu

Samuel Kalu: 4yrs ago, he was playing in a local academy in plateau state. Then Slovakia, Belgium and now made a $10m to Lique 1. You can see steady progress. He has everything and excellent technique to be a world class player.

Troost ekong: He is growing. He is at Udinese and has turned it up in the last few games. A great season or 2 in Udinese and it's Man Utds, Chelsea, Jive, real, Barca, etc.

Henry Onyekuru: He is joint 5th highest goalscorers in the league playing from the wings. He is new to the team and hardly played any game 2nd half of last season due to injury. But we know, Henry can be magical. Hes owned by Everton. Last season, he was close to signing with PSG.

Omeruo: owned by chelsea, just like Sallah and Debryne. Leganes have gone 9 games unbeaten keeping 5 clean sheets in the last 5games. And Omeruo is sits in the heart of that defence. He is a rock in the air and on ground and good with the ball.

Ola Aina: he is already a sensation at Torino. Very skillful full/wing back that plays both left and right. Like Sallah and Debryune, he's also owned by chelsea. Let's wait and see
Good luck to them, but you are over exaggerating their ability and understating what world class means.

Kalu has the talent and will hopefully continue improving to be a very good player. But he’s no where near as good as John Utaka used to be in Ligue 1 and nobody would call Utaka World Class.

PSG were never in for Onyekuru, and whether he’s 5th highest scorer in a useless league when you actually watch him you see why Rohr has barely used him. He is an opportunistic scorer at best but does little else in games. He’s supposed to be tearing up this substandard league based on his assumed talent.

Aina has NOT been a sensation, he’s been decent and has earned a starting shirt at Torino and is improving defensively in addition to his decent offensive abilities. Would you see Chelsea calling him back? I don’t think so he’s not at the level of even a Zappacosta talk less of their starters.

Ekongs team is massively struggling this season and he hasn’t really stood out except for a couple of games. He would need to show a lot more to attract those teams.

Omeruo for his sake he better stay in Spain as the style of play suits him. We have seen him enough to know his ceiling, no real arguments there. He’s probably not gonna improve much more at this point in his career.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

maceo4 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

Troost Ekong
Ola Aina
Omeruo
Henry Onyekuru
Alex Iwobi
Samuel Kalu

Refresh my memory, what debate and what does it have to do with this? Salah and De Bruyne were bought by and used by Chelsea early in their career so their potential was never in doubt, they showed it at smaller clubs before making the jump back up. I hope our guys go on to be Salah's and De Bruynes, but I live in reality and these guys haven't shown to be such talents.

Iwobi is clearly showing that potential and with more consistency can definitely get there. But come on Omeruo, Troost, Aina, Onyekuru are average to below average players. Even Rohr is begging other average defenders in Germany to bring them into the fold and challenge Omeruo and Troost. Aina in SE can't start over a midfielder at his preferred RB position when both are fully fit. Onyekuru is a stand-by invitee to the SE and his club form has been going down hill from Belgium days.

Now Kalu is a different prospect, if he truly is 20/21 he has time to cut out a lot of his bad habits and reach a higher level. But that's a big if and this season he's starting to chop bench recently probably because he is not really improving. Hopefully he gets it together because he does have the talent.

Just less than a year ago o :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Leganes lost today but Omeruo was the highest rated defensive player on his team and 2nd in the game. Kenneth is starting to live up to the hype he received in the early years. :thumb:
He is really playing well with Leganes.............I hope they can stay up and make the move permanent.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Amazing.
Look at 1:35 where he outmaneuvers THREE RM players for fun.
Can't wait for this kid to reach his full potential.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

I like his ball control and he is doing it against a team like real madrid shows he is the real deal

Man united, what are we waiting for? We need someone on the right side and i think he might be it

Be quick, offer 30M and get him now
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Damunk wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Amazing.
The boy controls the ball very well. He is going to be great player.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sir V wrote:
Damunk wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Amazing.
Only just realising it was Marcelo he was trying to retire.
Check out how many times he take a whole Marcelo do mumu for that video. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ike Uche urges Chukwueze to continue his development at Villarreal
By Oluwashina Okeleji
Football Writer, Nigeria

Samuel Chukwueze

Nigeria's Samuel Chukwueze is enjoying an impressive season with Spain's Villarreal
Ikechukwu Uche has told Villarreal forward and fellow Nigerian Samuel Chukwueze to treat growing transfer speculation as a compliment and continue to develop at his former club.

19-year-old Chukwueze is enjoying a breakthrough season, scoring in the Spanish La Liga, Europa League and Spanish Cup.

Chukwueze's form has caught the attention of clubs across Europe, but Uche - who is highly revered at Villarreal - believes the teenager's interest will be best served by staying.

"Chukwueze is doing well at Villarreal so it's only normal to have growing speculation about his future in the media, but he is in a good place," Uche told BBC Sport.

"He should treat all this attention as a compliment and continue to grow because his impressive rise from the reserves to the first team is still fresh.

"Villarreal is a good club, he is being taken care of and he's surrounded by quality players that will help him grow.

"The people there are dedicated to protecting and improving him, so there is no pressure on him."

Ikechukwu Uche is revered at Villarreal where he played a big role in helping the club gain promotion back to the top flight in 2014.
Nigeria's fourth highest scorer with 19 goals, Uche joined Villarreal from Real Zaragoza in August 2011, but was immediately loaned out to then Spanish La Liga newboys Granada, for the 2011/12 season.

ImageIkechukwu Uche

But he returned to relegated Villarreal for 2012-13 and emerged as top scorer with 14 goals to lead the team back to the top flight.

In 2013-14, Uche scored another 14 goals as the club finished in sixth place to secure a Europa League spot.

He believes his compatriot Chukwueze, who is capable of playing on either flank, is capable of making bigger impact at Estadio de la Cerámica.

"I've been following his progress and I know some of the people there, so let's just say he has the potential to become a successful player at the club," Uche added.

"I haven't had a chance to speak to him but personally I want him to stay.

"I'm sure he will do what is right for his career, I'm just happy to see another African and Nigerian making a positive impact at Villarreal."

Ivorian defender Eric Bailly and DR Congo's Cedric Bakambu are two notable Africans who have recently made big-money move from Villarreal.

Chukwueze has made 13 appearances this season for Villareal, scoring four goals for the La Liga side.

A Fifa under-17 World Cup winner with Nigeria in 2015, he has been likened to his hero and Bayern Munich's former Netherlands winger Arjen Robben.

Chukwueze - who came close to joining Arsenal in 2016 - arrived at Villarreal from Nigeria's Diamond Academy in August 2017.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46731011
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

marko wrote:I like his ball control and he is doing it against a team like real madrid shows he is the real deal

Man united, what are we waiting for? We need someone on the right side and i think he might be it

Be quick, offer 30M and get him now

he is ready for Arsenal. Let him go and form a partnership with Iwobi.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

The YeyeMan wrote:
This boy doesnt have respect. See how he's toying with his elders. He chopped Ramos cleeeeeaann on 2 occassions.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

chief nfachairman wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
This boy doesnt have respect. See how he's toying with his elders. He chopped Ramos cleeeeeaann on 2 occassions.
Only Messi and Boufal complete more dribbles per game.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Damunk wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Amazing.
Only just realising it was Marcelo he was trying to retire.
Check out how many times he take a whole Marcelo do mumu for that video. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The thing was funny o, Ramos had to have a quick meeting with Casimero and Marcelo told him to help Marcelo with Samu
Super Eagus 4 Life!