Mikel Quits China

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Mr Shows
Egg
Egg
Re: Mikel Quits China

Post by Mr Shows »

If he wants to play for a top side, then Turkey or Scotland should be on the top of his list.

Any of the struggling EPL sides could do with is experience to beat the drop and the possibility of getting him on a free is a good prospect. Here is guaranteed regular playing time. Fulham is a walking distance from his old stamping ground, so this will be a win/win
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

He should go finish his career in Naija.
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Fulham, West Ham or Palace?
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

He should go sideways to Japan.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Odas wrote:
marko wrote:be a wise man, do not listen to what Mourinho has to say, especially if you are a skillful player, Mikel was an attacking midfield player but used as a defensive midfielder at Chelsea, Mourinho did not see him as an ideal attacking midfielder, same as he tried to change Pogba into, since Mourinho philosophy is about defence and maintaining your position

dont i wish Mikel played for united instead under Sir Alex, hmmm
I have always wondered what he would have been, or become had he gone to ManU, instead of Chelsea
He should've sacked his agent after ending up at Chelsea after United came calling!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Odas wrote:
marko wrote:be a wise man, do not listen to what Mourinho has to say, especially if you are a skillful player, Mikel was an attacking midfield player but used as a defensive midfielder at Chelsea, Mourinho did not see him as an ideal attacking midfielder, same as he tried to change Pogba into, since Mourinho philosophy is about defence and maintaining your position

dont i wish Mikel played for united instead under Sir Alex, hmmm
I have always wondered what he would have been, or become had he gone to ManU, instead of Chelsea
He should've sacked his agent after ending up at Chelsea after United came calling!
Chelsea had the big bucks and Mikel wanted a part of it, well he had a good career at Chelsea, Ferguson would have made him a beast of a player
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Mikel should thank Mourinho for making him have a solid career and also having legendary African players like drogba Essien makalele etc to learn from because Ferguson after mikel terrible 1 season would had treated him like fortune, djemba djemba, mame diouf etc either sold or not part player. Mikel was never even an AM self even in 2005 he was a CM like Xavi, modric etc
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Mikel and VM need to go to Arsenal. he is MUCH better than Xhaka.
O ly Mikel and VM? :rotf: Why not the whole SE? Mssshhhheeeeww :tic: Like Arsenal no get any say in who walks into the club. Chief, chief, chief, how many times I don call you? Take time o :sneaky:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

pajimoh wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Mikel and VM need to go to Arsenal. he is MUCH better than Xhaka.
O ly Mikel and VM? :rotf: Why not the whole SE? Mssshhhheeeeww :tic: Like Arsenal no get any say in who walks into the club. Chief, chief, chief, how many times I don call you? Take time o :sneaky:

no be only Mikel and VM, thanks for the reminder. That boy Chukwueze from Spain should also join Arsenal and form partnership with Iwobi, so they can destroy spudites and other yeye teams
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

Mourinho gave him a career. Lampard and Essien are better player them him going forward. They also got that Germany legend, Ballack in the midfield. Tell me who Mikel would have benched to play attacking football for Chelsea when he can't even shoot straight? It's an unwritten rule in Football, if you want to play attacking midfield position for a top team you have to complement your skill with goal scoring abilities. minimum of 15 to 20 goals a season is expected of you hence why Lampard got the position.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

marko wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
marko wrote:can still do a job for the likes of West ham, Watford, newcastle, mid-table premiership sides but i do agree, go to middle east and earn a fat pension!
Abeg go siddon on top Suya pit. Mikel should go to Spain and enjoy the beautiful game for his last years as a pro. Epl is played out.
maybe true, thanks to Mourinho, made Mikel a bonifide sideways passer, Pogba was having none of it!
Mourinho gave him a career. Lampard and Essien are better player them him going forward. They also got that Germany legend, Ballack in the midfield. Tell me who Mikel would have benched to play attacking football for Chelsea when he can't even shoot straight? It's an unwritten rule in Football, if you want to play attacking midfield position for a top team you have to complement your skill with goal scoring abilities. minimum of 15 to 20 goals a season is expected of you hence why Lampard got the position.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

mastermind wrote:
marko wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
marko wrote:can still do a job for the likes of West ham, Watford, newcastle, mid-table premiership sides but i do agree, go to middle east and earn a fat pension!
Abeg go siddon on top Suya pit. Mikel should go to Spain and enjoy the beautiful game for his last years as a pro. Epl is played out.
maybe true, thanks to Mourinho, made Mikel a bonifide sideways passer, Pogba was having none of it!
The unwritten politricks of football.

Do you realise how many of Mikel's team mates fell be the wayside because of the dominance of Drogs, Lampard, Terry and Essien?

Lets be thankful he attained a measure of potential in the Premier League with trophies and spoil to show for his time at the top.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

You Dey mind them? Instead of thanking Mourinho for believing in mikel and helping him achieve so much
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Una still dey argue about Mikel choosing Chelsea :rotf: 2019 una still dey stuck on dial up..move on
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ceejay22
Egg
Egg

Post by ceejay22 »

Actually It won’t be bad if Mikel came back to CFC now
He will fit perfectly into that Jorginho role. No need to spend to replace Fabregas. He will be a free option.
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

Mikel has made his money. Fame will not feed him in 20 years time. He should hit up dubai for more retirement cash.