Buhari orders EFCC to prosecute Pinnick. Travel ban imposed

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Buhari orders EFCC to prosecute Pinnick. Travel ban imposed

Post by truetalk »

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/01/0 ... for-fraud/

https://www.nan.ng/football-sports/corr ... hreatened/

The President of the Nigerian Football Federation, Amaju Pinnick, is in trouble as President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered his prosecution over an alleged multi-billion Naira scam in the organisation.

It was also learnt that the Federal Government through the Presidential investigative panel headed by Mr. Okoi Obono-Obla, had placed Pinnick on travel ban.
Last edited by truetalk on Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Buhari orders EFCC to prosecute Pinnick. Travel ban impo

Post by truetalk »

This is very bad news for our football on so many levels.

Not a fan of some of the oversights of Pinnick's NFF, and I have had the opportunity to tell him a couple of times, BUT, they were beginning break the hold of the government on Football, and that is a SOLID STEP in the right direction.

I just sensed something was brewing as Dalung went on a media blitz last week, and emphasised that with respect to NFF, Nigerian law and the Supreme court was superior to any international affiliations.

Bennedict Peter's company was picking up the tabs on a lot of SE & NFF events, and that is why this fishing expedition can only zone in on FIFA funds.
This cannot be about concerns about corruption. The greatest levels of corruption ever in Nigeria's history is being carried out by Buhari & Baru in NNPC. They don't even pretend to have PPPRA oversight anymore & are calculating whatever they want with subsidy. Not as brazen as some of the cash movements with Jonathan, but this is more damaging; but I digress.

This is probably more about the regular ministry and sports people losing control and access to budgetary cash. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out, and they are making their move very early into Pinnick's 2nd term & before the General Elections. (These guys usually sort themselves out & their aim might just to bring Pinnick to the negotiation table).

This is almost driving one to the stage where you realize/accept that we have bigger problems as a people and maybe we should focus on solving those problems & the solution to lesser things like football will naturally follow.

No, I won't let them take one of the few guilty pleasures away.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Noooo not in 2019.

Buhari please wait until after AFCON if it ever happens at all.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

truetalk wrote:This is very bad news for our football on so many levels.

Not a fan of some of the oversights of Pinnick's NFF, and I have had the opportunity to tell him a couple of times, BUT, they were beginning break the hold of the government on Football, and that is a SOLID STEP in the right direction.

I just sensed something was brewing as Dalung went on a media blitz last week, and emphasised that with respect to NFF, Nigerian law and the Supreme court was superior to any international affiliations.

Bennedict Peter's company was picking up the tabs on a lot of SE & NFF events, and that is why this fishing expedition can only zone in on FIFA funds.
This cannot be about concerns about corruption. The greatest levels of corruption ever in Nigeria's history is being carried out by Buhari & Baru in NNPC. They don't even pretend to have PPPRA oversight anymore & are calculating whatever they want with subsidy. Not as brazen as some of the cash movements with Jonathan, but this is more damaging; but I digress.

This is probably more about the regular ministry and sports people losing control and access to budgetary cash. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out, and they are making their move very early into Pinnick's 2nd term & before the General Elections. (These guys usually sort themselves out & their aim might just to bring Pinnick to the negotiation table).

This is almost driving one to the stage where you realize/accept that we have bigger problems as a people and maybe we should focus on solving those problems & the solution to lesser things like football will naturally follow.

Wait, if its a criminal matter, and he's charged, then FIFA shouldn't be able to do anything about it as long as his deputy takes over. Govt should just stay out of it and allow law enforcement to handle it.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

theYemster wrote:
truetalk wrote:This is very bad news for our football on so many levels.

Wait, if its a criminal matter, and he's charged, then FIFA shouldn't be able to do anything about it as long as his deputy takes over. Govt should just stay out of it and allow law enforcement to handle it.
Which law enforcement?
EFCC that has to wait for Buhari's go ahead before deciding to prosecute?
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Appears to be a figment of the news reporter's imagination judging by Pinnick's tweets.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

cchinukw wrote:Appears to be a figment of the news reporter's imagination judging by Pinnick's tweets.
Bigpokey24, what's the detail? Oya, hurry-up and give me the information.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is a failed system when the president has to order the EFCC to investigate some one for corruption and then impose a travel ban. That is a failed system.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Sounds like whistleblowing. If they are investigating funds the Government allocated to NFF, fine. It seems like the line would be crossed between FIFA and the Nigerian Government. Potentially another ban is looming. There is a lot of bad blood between Damlung and Pinnick, big egos too.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

DIMKA76 wrote:Sounds like whistleblowing. If they are investigating funds the Government allocated to NFF, fine. It seems like the line would be crossed between FIFA and the Nigerian Government. Potentially another ban is looming. There is a lot of bad blood between Damlung and Pinnick, big egos too.
Na Fabio's hand work :) :)
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Nigeria 1 step forward and 2 steps back,it's clear why Nigeria finds it hard to function as a nation the devil always holds them back and for the record I'm not religous!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Fake news.
Useless sources.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Sir V wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:Sounds like whistleblowing. If they are investigating funds the Government allocated to NFF, fine. It seems like the line would be crossed between FIFA and the Nigerian Government. Potentially another ban is looming. There is a lot of bad blood between Damlung and Pinnick, big egos too.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Sir V. Happy New Year :D :D
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

So all these guys are making comments and jumping to conclusions based on fake news ???

:rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

anikulapo wrote:So all these guys are making comments and jumping to conclusions based on fake news ???

So even NAN disseminate fake news?
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

fabio wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Happy New Year my bro. :)
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

fabio wrote:
Sir V wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Happy New Year to my brothers.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

anikulapo wrote:So all these guys are making comments and jumping to conclusions based on fake news ???

It is a damn shame if you ask me... :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

ohenhen1 wrote:It is a failed system when the president has to order the EFCC to investigate some one for corruption and then impose a travel ban. That is a failed system.
...Trumps' 3rd world influence is spreading.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2019/01/07/t ... officials/

Looks like its for real...They are Charging the NFF leadership..

Pinncik is trying to hide under FIFA regulations as a reason not to obey Nigerian laws.. That should never happen. This whole Idea that they gave them funds to last them till the Quarter finals of the World and they didn't return the rest of the money and spent it on something else is a serious violation. Maybe not criminal if he didn't spend it on himself, but its a fireable offence. Government work through budgets.. and you just cant divert the funds to another project. It just doesn't work that way.

Pinnick keeps violating a lot of Administrative procedures… Hiring Rorh unilaterally and paying Rohr 3 months salary ahead are just serious violations. You just cant change the regulations on whim even if its for good purposes.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

E don escape. :D ...Soon Peakmilk will run to Emirates Stadium
ukwala wrote:
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

JACKAL wrote:http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2019/01/07/t ... officials/

Looks like its for real...They are Charging the NFF leadership..

Pinncik is trying to hide under FIFA regulations as a reason not to obey Nigerian laws.. That should never happen. This whole Idea that they gave them funds to last them till the Quarter finals of the World and they didn't return the rest of the money and spent it on something else is a serious violation. Maybe not criminal if he didn't spend it on himself, but its a fireable offence. Government work through budgets.. and you just cant divert the funds to another project. It just doesn't work that way.

Pinnick keeps violating a lot of Administrative procedures… Hiring Rorh unilaterally and paying Rohr 3 months salary ahead are just serious violations. You just cant change the regulations on whim even if its for good purposes.
I thought they had an investigation BEFORE the World Cup regarding financial misconduct? What happened to those investigations? Oh, they've discarded that one for a new one now about World Cup money? It obvious that they're running around looking for something, anything, to fight their political power struggle. I hope Pinnick is smart enough to make sure the financial accounting is on point because Dalung must be a very bitter man right now with his daggers drawn and ready to pounce, considering he lost in his attempt to make Giwa the NFF president.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes