Eberechi Eze: the young playmaker with the X factor at QPR

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Eberechi Eze: the young playmaker with the X factor at Q

Post by Damunk »

The Ebere Eze/Tammy Abraham New Year's Day Show

Goals:
[/video]

Extended Highlights:
[/video]
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Damunk wrote:The Ebere Eze/Tammy Abraham New Year's Day Show

Goals:
[/video]

Extended Highlights:
[/video]
England has a bright future.
OCCUPY NFF!!
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

Damunk wrote:
icee wrote: Thanks for this post. I remember seeing this dude a while back with Iwobi playing with the ball on like a balcony or something and then practicing on the pitch. In the last two months, I have then tried to watch him. I see why there's a bit of hype about him The key point that triggered my response is...."compared the ease with which Eze beats his man with a teenage Raheem Sterling" . First why a "teenage sterling"? Perhaps because for Raheem Sterling to rise and be priced , he had to agree for that level of creativity to be coached out of him. For the most part, 85% , the approval of Europe based scouts via top 5 league club contracts is an indication of talent (and level of talent) BUT for us to ever get to the realm of playing original Nigerian brand, we have to use another metric for the final 15%. the metric for this 15% should be players that are talented BUT rejected by the European system. These kinds of players like the OKocha's , Tarabt etc are talented and take more risk than the rigid English / Italian leagues can afford. In these rare cases, perhaps this should be a sign to us that the kind of stone being rejected may be the ingredient missing in our mix to serve real Nigeria football again to the world. Our football like our music and art seem to beg for expression. Brazil typically has one or two that have the ability to greatly express. Rabiu Ibrahim in my mind was another talent that the european system rejected. Perhaps again, this should have been a sign to us (not in all instances but in some special instances) to engage that rejected ingredient to serve something different and unsual to those that reject / rejected it. I have no faith in the Nigerian League as is but perhaps the way to spot certain kinds of made in Nigeria talent is to look to the talent from Nigeria that Europe seems to deem a misfit .
Thanks icee. You make some really good points.
I was reading the QPR fans' forum a few weeks ago after one of their games and a few of them were very dismissive of Eze despite the shrining by some other fans. Their view was that he was "a luxury" and needed to be replaced with a more "functional" player. Basically, they felt they couldn't afford such a player in their first team and wanted him brought in only when the game was 'safe'.

The British seem almost averse to flair players and over the decades there have been very few. Joe Cole that retired just yesterday was described as "too gifted for an Englishman". Similarly Glenn Hoddle, Matt Le Tissier and of course Gazza (Gascoigne).

Even my experience back in the day as an all-dancing, all-dribbling black kid in the UK, I was forever being reprimanded for holding onto the ball for too long. It was more about positioning, passing and "getting stuck in". :roll:

So despite the advancement of the game, the British football philosophy seems to relegate flair down their priority list. Thank God for foreign managers.
They know what's up.

Eze is likely going to be snapped up by an EPL team next season and Nigeria needs to grab him whilst we still can.

I agree with the English functional mentality when it comes to football. I play in a Southern vets league
And I can testify.

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Damunk wrote:The Ebere Eze/Tammy Abraham New Year's Day Show