Efe Ambrose to Cardiff ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Post Reply
Sir V
Moderator
Posts: 15191
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:09 pm
Location: UK

Efe Ambrose to Cardiff ?

Post by Sir V »

Efe Ambrose QUITS Hibs

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/ ... cted-deal/

EFE'S OFF Efe Ambrose QUITS Hibs as ex-Celtic defender triggers free transfer release clause after rejecting new three-year deal

Neil Warnock’s English Premier League side Cardiff City are said to have shown an interest in the stopper in recent months

By Ryan McDonald

4th January 2019, 11:27 am
Updated: 4th January 2019, 12:14 pm


EFE AMBROSE has left Hibs after snubbing a three-year deal.

The Nigerian defender has triggered a release clause in his contract that allows him to leave Easter Road for nothing.

Ambrose had the chance to stay at Easter Road but has opted for pastures new
Kenny Ramsay - The Sun Glasgow

Ambrose’s exit will come as a hammer blow to boss Neil Lennon, who had hoped to convince the player he first signed for Celtic to commit his future to the club.

A Hibs statement confirmed: “Hibernian can confirm the departure of Efe Ambrose.

“The 30-year-old centre-back has invoked a clause in his contract that allows him to leave Easter Road Stadium this month, having indicated a desire to pursue an opportunity elsewhere and, therefore, turn down an improved three-year contract to extend his stay in Edinburgh.

“Efe originally moved to Hibs on loan from Celtic in February 2017 while the club pushed for promotion from the Championship, in no small part due to his relationship with Neil Lennon and his personal circumstances at the time.
Image

"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
User avatar
Siddonlook11
Posts: 9727
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:30 am
Location: Canada

Re: Efe Ambrose to Cardiff ?

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Hopefully he sealed this deal with cardiff before bailing !1
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
User avatar
Rawlings
Posts: 8471
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am

Re: Efe Ambrose to Cardiff ?

Post by Rawlings »

At 36 years old I wonder if rangers will go for him
Okoye -- O. Aina, TroostEkong, Omeruo, C. Awaziem --- Sarenren Bazee, Ndidi, Ogochukwu Frank, Chukwueze --- Iheanacho, Ighalo
Eaglezbeak
Posts: 15081
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Location: South London
Contact:

Re: Efe Ambrose to Cardiff ?

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Rawlings wrote:At 36 years old I wonder if rangers will go for him
He'll do well if he stays in Scotland any other decision may leave him on the bench for the rest of his career.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
User avatar
oloye
Moderator
Posts: 44176
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Contact:

Re: Efe Ambrose to Cardiff ?

Post by oloye »

I don't know the motive behind this move, heck I suspect he is being signed as a squad member. I hope Efe understands what he is getting himself into, teams like Cardiff demand a lot from their players and they can be unforgiven when someone with the pedigree Efe has walked into the room only to struggle to live up to the billing.. At 36 oh well good luck, the person wey wear shoe na him sabi of the shoe fits or not.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
User avatar
maceo4
Posts: 41013
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Contact:

Re: Efe Ambrose to Cardiff ?

Post by maceo4 »

oloye wrote:I don't know the motive behind this move, heck I suspect he is being signed as a squad member. I hope Efe understands what he is getting himself into, teams like Cardiff demand a lot from their players and they can be unforgiven when someone with the pedigree Efe has walked into the room only to struggle to live up to the billing.. At 36 oh well good luck, the person wey wear shoe na him sabi of the shoe fits or not.
Na cRawcRawlings tok 36 o, story says 30 :mrgreen:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
User avatar
maceo4
Posts: 41013
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Contact:

Re: Efe Ambrose to Cardiff ?

Post by maceo4 »

This part of the story is missing:
“A two-year contract followed, which saw the experienced Nigerian international help Hibs enjoy a successful return to the Premiership and acquire a British passport in the process.

“A popular figure with players, staff and supporters alike, the club made every effort to keep Efe but respect his decision and thank him for his contribution.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
User avatar
Bigpokey24
Posts: 91551
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Location: Earth

Re: Efe Ambrose to Cardiff ?

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Nah which kind bad belle people full this forum..kai thank goodness nah for this forum person go know some of una..chei...pure hate ....Happy new year to una, I pray positive talk go full una heads...chei..

What's wrong with wishing Efe well and move on....hmmm
SuperEagles
© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved.
niyi
Posts: 9548
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: Efe Ambrose to Cardiff ?

Post by niyi »

maceo4 wrote:This part of the story is missing:
“A two-year contract followed, which saw the experienced Nigerian international help Hibs enjoy a successful return to the Premiership and acquire a British passport in the process.

“A popular figure with players, staff and supporters alike, the club made every effort to keep Efe but respect his decision and thank him for his contribution.
Bad belle people. The club basically signalling to fans that Efe used their club as a tool to acquire a passport
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
ANC
Posts: 13563
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm

Re: Efe Ambrose to Cardiff ?

Post by ANC »

He is still playing wow
User avatar
Obong
Posts: 5523
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:31 pm
Location: Akwa Ibom. Lagos. Dallas.

Re: Efe Ambrose to Cardiff ?

Post by Obong »

Efe played in the 2008 Olympics with Messi and Di Maria. While Cybers are salivating and shrining the Argentinians, Efe is being hounded by his own countrymen and a misguided Ghanaian. May 2019 cure some people of pettiness and ill-will.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
User avatar
jette1
Posts: 12890
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Location: seattle
Contact:

Re: Efe Ambrose to Cardiff ?

Post by jette1 »

Obong wrote:Efe played in the 2008 Olympics with Messi and Di Maria. While Cybers are salivating and shrining the Argentinians, Efe is being hounded by his own countrymen and a misguided Ghanaian. May 2019 cure some people of pettiness and ill-will.
kpom
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
john12
Posts: 3393
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm

Re: Efe Ambrose to Cardiff ?

Post by john12 »

What sort of moderators do we have here to tolerate forumers falsely Slandering super eagles players name. Rawlings just called efe “36” without even signifying that it was a joke or prank and we let that slide. I hope people realize how huge CE platform is and international agents visits this site regularly so we really have to be careful with the type of information posted here.
User avatar
aruako1
Moderator
Posts: 10150
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:27 pm

Re: Efe Ambrose to Cardiff ?

Post by aruako1 »

john12 wrote:What sort of moderators do we have here to tolerate forumers falsely Slandering super eagles players name. Rawlings just called efe “36” without even signifying that it was a joke or prank and we let that slide. I hope people realize how huge CE platform is and international agents visits this site regularly so we really have to be careful with the type of information posted here.
Quite rich coming from someone who regularly calls super eagles players 'junks'.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Posts: 9134
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm

Re: Efe Ambrose to Cardiff ?

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Rawlings wrote:At 36 years old I wonder if rangers will go for him
You are a very poor class clown. You are not funny at all :!:


Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Posts: 9134
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm

Re: Efe Ambrose to Cardiff ?

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Nah which kind bad belle people full this forum..kai thank goodness nah for this forum person go know some of una..chei...pure hate ....Happy new year to una, I pray positive talk go full una heads...chei..

What's wrong with wishing Efe well and move on....hmmm
If Ambrose were to succeed in Cardiff, it would make a lot of people look really stupid. That’s the source of the bad belle. We told them Efe is our best defender and they didn’t listen :!:


Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Damunk
Moderator
Posts: 44878
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Location: UK

Re: Efe Ambrose to Cardiff ?

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Rawlings wrote:At 36 years old I wonder if rangers will go for him
You are a very poor class clown. You are not funny at all :!:


Cheers.
Its the attention he craves and sadly he gets it.
Just ignore him.
Maybe then he'll consider thinking before posting.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Showboy
Posts: 1389
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 2:36 am
Location: UK

Re: Efe Ambrose to Cardiff ?

Post by Showboy »

Damunk wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Rawlings wrote:At 36 years old I wonder if rangers will go for him
You are a very poor class clown. You are not funny at all :!:


Cheers.
Its the attention he craves and sadly he gets it.
Just ignore him.
Maybe then he'll consider thinking before posting.
And the locals always fall for it. :-x

How difficult is it to ignore malicious and stupid comments?
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
User avatar
Siddonlook11
Posts: 9727
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:30 am
Location: Canada

Re: Efe Ambrose to Cardiff ?

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Abeg where did Efe land ? He is not listed for Cardiff neither listed for Hibernian ? :blink:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
User avatar
King Futcha
Site Admin
Posts: 21852
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:20 am
Location: Chiraq

Re: Efe Ambrose to Cardiff ?

Post by King Futcha »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Abeg where did Efe land ? He is not listed for Cardiff neither listed for Hibernian ? :blink:
EFE OFF Ex-Hibs and Celtic ace Efe Ambrose joins Derby County on trial

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/ ... by-county/
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
User avatar
Siddonlook11
Posts: 9727
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:30 am
Location: Canada

Re: Efe Ambrose to Cardiff ?

Post by Siddonlook11 »

King Futcha wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:Abeg where did Efe land ? He is not listed for Cardiff neither listed for Hibernian ? :blink:
EFE OFF Ex-Hibs and Celtic ace Efe Ambrose joins Derby County on trial

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/ ... by-county/

Thanks !!
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
TonyTheTigerKiller
Posts: 9134
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm

Re: Efe Ambrose to Cardiff ?

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

King Futcha wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:Abeg where did Efe land ? He is not listed for Cardiff neither listed for Hibernian ? :blink:
EFE OFF Ex-Hibs and Celtic ace Efe Ambrose joins Derby County on trial

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/ ... by-county/
I don’t know about a trial but the latest word is that Derby has been in talks to sign Ambrose to a short term contract subject to a physical and that the announcement should come in the next few days. Basically, it’s a done deal :!:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... tQCgQ4r8Vs


Cheers.
Post Reply