Is Iheanacho injured?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Is Iheanacho injured?

Post by wale1974 »

john12 wrote:Once again the problem with Nigerians is that we tend to overhype our boys then discard them through a rough patch. We should learn to encourage and support them in all situations instead of suggesting their omissions at any dry patch. You want a young experienced striker like nacho that has one of the best game/goal ratio for SE omitted in our 23 for some backwater up and coming youngstars because he isn’t performing for his clubside presently? Anyway, I’m glad that rohr is a type of coach that sticks to his trusted boys because there’s no way macho will be dropped for any backwater league player and like I have always said, incoming replacements must be an upgrade on incumbents players or we must continue to stick with our incumbents players.
No one is saying Nacho should be dropped but he needs to step his game up or go on loan.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

wale1974 wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:No. Unfortunately, okizaki has taken his spot as first striker off the bench. Nacho has only made the bench once in the last 3 gamed. We might even see him go on loan. Sad!
There is absolutely no truth to what you’ve said. It’s just pure speculation. You basically just smacked your behind and came up with a bunch of baloney. Iheanacho was left off the squad for the same reason James Madison sat on the bench and Marc Albrighton started from it; strategy. Clearly, Leicester’s game plan was to sit back, pressure the ball and counter-attack. It worked out well for them as they got lucky on a defensive error. Puel simply decided that none of the aforementioned players had a critical role in the contemplated strategy. Part of the tactics adopted to implement the strategy was to have Ricardo Pereira, a certified full back, start alongside Jamie Vardy and Rachid Ghezzal in a 4-3-3 formation. Recall that they employed the exact same strategy against Chelsea with an identical result. Need I remind you that Claude Puel himself has affirmed numerous times that Iheanacho is solidly in his plans? Perhaps, you shouldn’t rely exclusively on Livescore for your information. Get a subcription to a cable or satellite provider so you can actually watch the games and listen to the pre game analysis. That way, you’ll be able to render a more informed opinion :idea: :!:

Cheers.
1 goal from a 20 million pound striker speaks volumes.............Let's stop making excuses. https://www.whoscored.com/Players/28925 ... -Iheanacho

As it stands Nacho is one of the worst in the team https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/14/Show ... -Leicester
Did you even bother to read or analyze the rather misleading statistics you referred to? One of the worst at what? Did you miss the fact that Nacho has played less than 840 minutes total, giving him a better goal average than most squad members including Pereira and Ndidi, who have played twice as many minutes, and Okazaki or that no one on the team has more assists than Nacho or that only Vardy and Madison have better goal+assist ratios than Nacho :?: Try again :!:

Cheers.

This must be a freaking joke :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Nacho is a striker just in case you missed that.

I swear the way you guys make excuses these days is so ridiculous.
You might have a point if you’re disputing the fact that only Vardy and Madison have better goal+assist ratios than Nacho or that no one on the team has more assists in spite of having played fewer minutes than most or that he has a better goal ratio than most on the team, including Pereira and Ndidi but you’re not. Instead, you’re focusing on the secondary fact that Pereira and Ndidi are not strikers. If the truth were to be told, neither is Nacho. At best, he’s a support striker and it doesn’t help that he’s behind Vardy in the scheme of things. The fact that he has more assists than the designated playmakers demonstrates that he’s not a natural striker. If you want to blame anyone for his “under-performance”, blame the coaches who aren’t utilizing him properly :!:

Cheers.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

wale1974 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:No. Unfortunately, okizaki has taken his spot as first striker off the bench. Nacho has only made the bench once in the last 3 gamed. We might even see him go on loan. Sad!
There is absolutely no truth to what you’ve said. It’s just pure speculation. You basically just smacked your behind and came up with a bunch of baloney. Iheanacho was left off the squad for the same reason James Madison sat on the bench and Marc Albrighton started from it; strategy. Clearly, Leicester’s game plan was to sit back, pressure the ball and counter-attack. It worked out well for them as they got lucky on a defensive error. Puel simply decided that none of the aforementioned players had a critical role in the contemplated strategy. Part of the tactics adopted to implement the strategy was to have Ricardo Pereira, a certified full back, start alongside Jamie Vardy and Rachid Ghezzal in a 4-3-3 formation. Recall that they employed the exact same strategy against Chelsea with an identical result. Need I remind you that Claude Puel himself has affirmed numerous times that Iheanacho is solidly in his plans? Perhaps, you shouldn’t rely exclusively on Livescore for your information. Get a subcription to a cable or satellite provider so you can actually watch the games and listen to the pre game analysis. That way, you’ll be able to render a more informed opinion :idea: :!:

Cheers.
1 goal from a 20 million pound striker speaks volumes.............Let's stop making excuses. https://www.whoscored.com/Players/28925 ... -Iheanacho

As it stands Nacho is one of the worst in the team https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/14/Show ... -Leicester
Did you even bother to read or analyze the rather misleading statistics you referred to? One of the worst at what? Did you miss the fact that Nacho has played less than 840 minutes total, giving him a better goal average than most squad members including Pereira and Ndidi, who have played twice as many minutes, and Okazaki or that no one on the team has more assists than Nacho or that only Vardy and Madison have better goal+assist ratios than Nacho :?: Try again :!:

Cheers.

This must be a freaking joke :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Nacho is a striker just in case you missed that.

I swear the way you guys make excuses these days is so ridiculous.
You might have a point if you’re disputing the fact that only Vardy and Madison have better goal+assist ratios than Nacho or that no one on the team has more assists in spite of having played fewer minutes than most or that he has a better goal ratio than most on the team, including Pereira and Ndidi but you’re not. Instead, you’re focusing on the secondary fact that Pereira and Ndidi are not strikers. If the truth were to be told, neither is Nacho. At best, he’s a support striker and it doesn’t help that he’s behind Vardy in the scheme of things. The fact that he has more assists than the designated playmakers demonstrates that he’s not a natural striker. If you want to blame anyone for his “under-performance”, blame the coaches who aren’t utilizing him properly :!:

Cheers.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

He starts today against the mighty Newport.
45min gone and he has not found the net.
He needs prayers
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I have always suspected that Albrighton to have low IQ, that shyte he did there to gift Newport a penalty just confirmed it.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

oloye wrote:I have always suspected that Albrighton to have low IQ, that shyte he did there to gift Newport a penalty just confirmed it.
Forget dat one
Nacho played 90min against a division 3 team and did not even get a shot on target
Btw, Newport won 2-1
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Watching Iheanacho today finally convinced me that we need to look elsewhere. Nacho will not become the great player we were hoping for.

This makes me sad because I thought he could have been the one.

He does nothing particularly well and is completely unable to adjust his game. He got outrun by limited centre halves. He snatched at opportunities. He made no useful runs. He never looked like scoring.

He’s honest. He works hard. He seems to care.

But I’m now convinced there’s nothing to see here.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

waka-man wrote:Watching Iheanacho today finally convinced me that we need to look elsewhere. Nacho will not become the great player we were hoping for.

He does nothing particularly well and is completely unable to adjust his game. He got outrun by limited centre halves. He snatched at opportunities. He made no useful runs. He never looked like scoring.

Why did it take u this long? I saw this when he was simply tapping in balls at man city?
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Rawlings wrote:
waka-man wrote:Watching Iheanacho today finally convinced me that we need to look elsewhere. Nacho will not become the great player we were hoping for.

Why did it take u this long? I saw this when he was simply tapping in balls at man city?
why have you been obsessed w a poor player for so long?
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

King Futcha wrote:
Rawlings wrote:

Since most naija people regarded him highly, I thought I was missing something. So I kept probing and kept coming to the same conclusion- overhyped over-valued over-paid
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Rawlings wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
Rawlings wrote:

Since most naija people regarded him highly, I thought I was missing something. So I kept probing and kept coming to the same conclusion- overhyped over-valued over-paid
fair enough, as you were.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

No one is in Nacho's mind, so we can't say for certain, but I beg to differ here.

I think there are major off the field issues going on with Nacho. You can search on how I have stated on here about the type of guys that come to camp on Nacho's tab. Dangerous & scary looking guys staying in suites. The type of guys who would make you take a quick exit if you ever walked into a bar & saw them, with the feeling that a shootout could break out any moment. Even if they are family, you want to keep these folks at arms length, and they come a lot, and they certainly stand out in a wrong way.

The truth about the game at the topmost level is that you have to stay motivated and want to improve, especially when you're young. A lot of our guys also have to deal with the environmental issues and adjustment. That is why I am a fan of those that get married very early (20 even). It helps with focus and companionship & also helps cut off a lot of these criminal like elements.

The hold of the boys, or even greedy relatives will loosen once you have your own wife and kids.

There was a whole lot of talent with Nacho, but his window may be closing.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Great players go on a bad patch and it’s up to SE fan s to support, encourage, believe and mentor younger players in a bad patch. The nacho i saw at man city and the one that performed exceptionally last season in few games cannot suddenly become a bad player. I believe that’s Iheanacho needs to concentrate, cut out unnecessary distractions from his camp, improve on certain qualities and move to another team and he will be back. 1 thing I love about rohr is that he is loyal to the bone and won’t give up on nacho like some people on CE
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Make I prempt my rant with this ..I am biased I like this chap , plust I no sabi any too much football oyibo but what I saw with my frog eyes I relate..

.....I watched the game also as I believe my Brother Oloye - so I would love him to comment when he has the time...

Nacho is being used wrongly. Simple. He cannot be used as a lead or lone striker , he would not deliver that way, he is very tentative and slow to react to the game and play , his spatial awareness is not very good for a lone/Lead striker as well as his first touch.

When The game started ( and most games that Puel has started him in ) with Okazaki behind him , he hustled but was starved of passes and the few sightings he had his touch let him down.

The last few minutes - Puel brought on Gray initially at the wing and then swapped to play ahead of Nacho... Nacho's game improved !! He hustled and played netter and laid the header ( well cushioned and perfect for Madison ) whose shot was saved but the rebound went in for the goal ...

I do think he should be played more like this and this is also how he was played in his junior eagles days ..maybe it also buttress the negative - That he has not grown, but it does tell us that he is good at one thing and to get the best of him he should be used at the thing he is best at!!.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

His best quality as a football is “finishing” so, I don’t get the notion that he cannot be used as a “pure striker”. The man is just out of form at the moment and needs support, encouragement etc
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

All I’ll say is in the first half the ESPN commentators kept lamenting Keles lack of chances as his teammates created nothing at all till Gray and Madison came in second half did we start seeing something and he set up Maddison with a great cushion header playing a part in their only goal. Blame the coach for bringing such a weak team thinking it would be an easy game. Keles best games for Leicester has been playing behind Vardy when played upfront by himself he can’t really do much. Is he supposed to drop deep collect the ball and beat 5 defenders to score? He’s not fast like Vardy so cant do anything with those aimless balls over the top.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

maceo4 wrote:All I’ll say is in the first half the ESPN commentators kept lamenting Keles lack of chances as his teammates created nothing at all till Gray and Madison came in second half did we start seeing something and he set up Maddison with a great cushion header playing a part in their only goal. Blame the coach for bringing such a weak team thinking it would be an easy game. Keles best games for Leicester has been playing behind Vardy when played upfront by himself he can’t really do much. Is he supposed to drop deep collect the ball and beat 5 defenders to score? He’s not fast like Vardy so cant do anything with those aimless balls over the top.
No mind these enemies of progress jare, they wait for every game the boy plays to declare him a failure. Leicester has gone back to its old ways of police ball. They don't create anything in the final third anymore so a player like kele is nothing but a pedestrian striker. Musa, slimani and kele all found it difficult to score at leicester. Even vardy the golden boy is under-performing this year, so is Okazaki the workhorse Suzuki of Leicester. As a pure goal scorer this is the worst possible scenario for Kele to be in. Hopefully he can get a loan move da heck outa union jack land to Spain or France . :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

The Lack of Service and lack of proper tactics are an issue but Nacho does lack quality. Even if you play him to his Strengths he doesn't offer much, we saw this in the World Cup. His issue is that he doesn't offer much else other than finishing and even that left him due to him not positioning himself properly.

In the current field of play, most teams play a lone striker because possession and control of the midfield is key. He is not the best in possession or moving with the ball so that means he is there to get at the end of chances.

Also I doubt he would work in Spain because he would need quality on the ball to play there. Also most of the teams in Spain play with a lone striker or no striker.

Also Slimani didn't work at Leicester because of tactics but he scored a lot more goals than Kele. Musa didn't work because frankly speaking he is not as good as Vardy, lets not get all biased on our own players.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Musa not as good as Vardy? You’re mad. Let vardy wins European cup, score braces at World Cup, wins numerous leagues then come back
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

john12 wrote:Musa not as good as Vardy? You’re mad. Let vardy wins European cup, score braces at World Cup, wins numerous leagues then come back
Let me be straight up about something. Musa won the Russian League, that's it. 1 PL > 3 Russian League titles, facts not feelings. Also average players have scored at the World Cup. If players like Joel Campbell and Bryan Ruiz score there anyone can. Vardy Didn't get those opportunities because of his age. And frankly speaking if Vardy was Nigerian he would start over Musa in the national team. Can't say the same for Musa even if he was a white Englishman for the England team.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

truetalk wrote:

No one is in Nacho's mind, so we can't say for certain, but I beg to differ here.

I think there are major off the field issues going on with Nacho. You can search on how I have stated on here about the type of guys that come to camp on Nacho's tab. Dangerous & scary looking guys staying in suites. The type of guys who would make you take a quick exit if you ever walked into a bar & saw them, with the feeling that a shootout could break out any moment. Even if they are family, you want to keep these folks at arms length, and they come a lot, and they certainly stand out in a wrong way.

The truth about the game at the topmost level is that you have to stay motivated and want to improve, especially when you're young. A lot of our guys also have to deal with the environmental issues and adjustment. That is why I am a fan of those that get married very early (20 even). It helps with focus and companionship & also helps cut off a lot of these criminal like elements.

The hold of the boys, or even greedy relatives will loosen once you have your own wife and kids.

Maybe he should get married. I think he should join Pellegrino at West Ham
I am happy
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Dammy wrote:
truetalk wrote:

Maybe he should get married. I think he should join Pellegrino at West Ham
I think he will join Pellegrini.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
maceo4 wrote:All I’ll say is in the first half the ESPN commentators kept lamenting Keles lack of chances as his teammates created nothing at all till Gray and Madison came in second half did we start seeing something and he set up Maddison with a great cushion header playing a part in their only goal. Blame the coach for bringing such a weak team thinking it would be an easy game. Keles best games for Leicester has been playing behind Vardy when played upfront by himself he can’t really do much. Is he supposed to drop deep collect the ball and beat 5 defenders to score? He’s not fast like Vardy so cant do anything with those aimless balls over the top.
No mind these enemies of progress jare, they wait for every game the boy plays to declare him a failure. Leicester has gone back to its old ways of police ball. They don't create anything in the final third anymore so a player like kele is nothing but a pedestrian striker. Musa, slimani and kele all found it difficult to score at leicester. Even vardy the golden boy is under-performing this year, so is Okazaki the workhorse Suzuki of Leicester. As a pure goal scorer this is the worst possible scenario for Kele to be in. Hopefully he can get a loan move da heck outa union jack land to Spain or France . :thumb:
They were playing a team in the 4th tier. Nacho should be able to adjust to lack of service, a different style etc. The level he is at he should be faster, stronger, smarter, fitter than anyone on the pitch.

Look at the difference James Maddison made when he came on. I bet you if Ndidi had come on he would have created problems. Limited centre halves ensured Nacho had a quiet game. That should not be possible, even if Leicester was just hoofing the ball all over the place.

Not good enough.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.