2018/2019 Spurs Season: PL: 4th; LC: SM; FAC: 4RD; CL: Final

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [FAC] TMR vs TOT [RD 3]

Post by tfco »

Its a Goal wrote:Still in all 4 competitions. Way to go guys. I wonder what some midget ARSE fans have to say about their own team.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

same as this time last season...and the one before that

and before

and....

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Ive read on a couple of Spurs forums that they have not taken their 45% of the gate and allowed us to keep it. Extra class if true
Class by the club if true that Spurs let Tranmere keep it.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Pe
Cristao II wrote:
Ive read on a couple of Spurs forums that they have not taken their 45% of the gate and allowed us to keep it. Extra class if true
People were questioning why Kane was brought on with about 15 minutes left and 6 nil ahead bit it was done to allow Rovers fans to see most of the England international play. Most of the young fans would remember the day the likes of Kane, Alli, Son played at Tranmere. The players and manager also stayed behind, signing autographs and taking selfies with Rover fans.

#classact
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote:Pe
[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote:
People were questioning why Kane was brought on with about 15 minutes left and 6 nil ahead bit it was done to allow Rovers fans to see most of the England international play. Most of the young fans would remember the day the likes of Kane, Alli, Son played at Tranmere. The players and manager also stayed behind, signing autographs and taking selfies with Rover fans.

#classact
Spot on. How many opportunities will the likes of Transmere get to play against England international on their ground? How many chances will their fans get to see iconic England international playing in front of them and scoring too? I was initially baffled by that decision but on hindsight it was the right decision as MoPo needs to ruthless with games if we are ever going to stand a chance of winning a silverware.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Great win on Friday. Skipp has potential but needs to go on loan to gain some experience.

The biggest result of the 3rd round is ex-Spurs player Shaq Coulthirst who guided Non-League team Barnet to the 4th Round. Congrats my old friend! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Shaq is a manager now? Wow!! Time flies.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Testing...
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

lol I meant the penalty he scored in the game against Sheffield Utd to help Barney go through to the 4th round...
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Ahh ok!!

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Its a Goal wrote:

#classact
Spot on. How many opportunities will the likes of Transmere get to play against England international on their ground? How many chances will their fans get to see iconic England international playing in front of them and scoring too? I was initially baffled by that decision but on hindsight it was the right decision as MoPo needs to [be]ruthless with games if we are ever going to stand a chance of winning a silverware.
ok o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]tfco[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

#classact
Spot on. How many opportunities will the likes of Transmere get to play against England international on their ground? How many chances will their fans get to see iconic England international playing in front of them and scoring too? I was initially baffled by that decision but on hindsight it was the right decision as MoPo needs to [be]ruthless with games if we are ever going to stand a chance of winning a silverware.
ok o
Midget mind ya sef with those stubby fingers holding that red biro :curse:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park is not a bad round in the FA Cup.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park is not a bad round in the FA Cup.
could have been a lot easier. I don't like it one bit
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [CC] TOT vs CHE [1 SM]

Post by Its a Goal »

First trophy of the season is upon us and we face Chelsea for it. At Wembley we battle the same team we battered and bruised easily a few months ago by 3 nil, which to be fair, was not reflective of the match. It should have ended up more like 5 or 6 nil. Tomorrow will be different as both teams will be well prepared. It is highly likely a very strong team will be deployed but it won't be surprising if the gaffer decides to introduce some fringe players ahead of the ManU match. Moura is not fit to play, Jan is still on the road to recovery likewise Dembele and Wanyama. The fab 4 will be expected to start and at the back it won't be surprising if Sanchez and Alderweirld return to action supported by KWP and Danny. In the middle the job could be handed over to Winks and Sissoko with Skipp returning to the bench. Gazzanigga will take his place between the sticks since he is the stand in goalie for the cups.

Let's hope the lads can do themselves proud by getting a healthy lead going into the return leg.

COYS!!!

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park is not a bad round in the FA Cup.
It could have been worse considering we were the last team picked out of the pot.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

pajimoh wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park is not a bad round in the FA Cup.
I agree. A fellow forumer on another board predicted we would get a PL club.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park is not a bad round in the FA Cup.
It could have been worse considering we were the last team picked out of the pot.
I'm not looking at the fact that we were drawn last. We could have been drawn a lot sooner, at home and to a lower team but just our luck to be drawn last and away to a premiership team. The same luck we've been having in the Carabao cup
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Thank you for your service and the joy of seeing you glide through the midfield like hot knife through butter :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tottenham accept £9m Mousa Dembele bid from Beijing Sinobo Guoan

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I agree. A fellow forumer on another board predicted we would get a PL club.
We got Transmere in the first round so nothing to worry about. Palace is far easier opposition compared to ARSEnal, City, United or, even worse, Spammers.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:Thank you for your service and the joy of seeing you glide through the midfield like hot knife through butter :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bye Moussa. It was a pleasure watching you. You were a very good player for Spurs. Although we didnt see you carry a trophy - we enjoyed the many wonderful moments.

That said - who are we bringing in? Wages are freed and we have received money.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal wrote: Thank you for your service and the joy of seeing you glide through the midfield like hot knife through butter :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bye Moussa. It was a pleasure watching you. You were a very good player for Spurs. Although we didnt see you carry a trophy - we enjoyed the many wonderful moments.

That said - who are we bringing in? Wages are freed and we have received money.
Don't raise your hopes on that happening as MoPo has said it is highly unlikely we will be signing anyone this transfer window.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

There's money to buy but the person mist improve the squad and not come at over the odds price.
I read some article where Po h is quoted as saying Spurs were bottom of the spending league in Europe in the last 10 years. So to be doing as well as we are is a very good achievement.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

We need players. I cant expect Poch to finish top 4 if we dont buy. Winks/Sissoko/Dier are too few for our remaining games. Amos/Skipp are not good enough.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8