Frank Ribery in Okoro soup for foul mouth after Gold Beef

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Frank Ribery in Okoro soup for foul mouth after Gold Beef

Post by Kabalega »

“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Frank Ribery in Okoro soup for foul mouth after Gold Bee

Post by Kabalega »

Franck Ribery: Bayern midfielder fined over angry Salt Bae tweets
6 January 2019

Ribery was criticised for posting a video of himself enjoying a gold-covered steak
German football club Bayern Munich has fined its midfielder Franck Ribery after he posted a series of angry and profanity-laden tweets.

The French player, 35, was responding to criticism after he shared a video of himself enjoying an expensive steak coated with gold.

He hit out at "jealous" people and said he owed nothing to the "haters".

The club's sporting director did not specify how much Ribery had been docked but described the fine as "heavy".

"He used words that we... cannot accept and that Franck does not have the right to use, as a role model and player," Hasan Salihamidzic told reporters on Sunday.

"I had a long talk with Franck and I let him know that we would impose a heavy fine on him and he accepted it," he added.

The video showed the player at a restaurant in Dubai owned by Turkish celebrity chef Nusret Gokce, who is also known as "Salt Bae" on social media.

Ribery can be seen rubbing his hands as the huge steak, which reportedly cost 1,250 AED (£267, $340), is prepared in dramatic fashion at his table.

ADVERTISEMENT

It was met with a barrage of criticism from those who said the video was ostentatious.

"My success is, above all, thanks to God, me, and my loved ones who believed in me," Ribery said in one of his posts.

The footballer criticised the media for ignoring his charity work.

He said he was free to spend his money how he liked. On this occasion, the club's sporting director said Ribery had been invited to the restaurant and so did not pay the bill.

Gokce owns several luxurious restaurants in the US, the Middle East and Turkey, and videos of him carving meat have been watched by millions of people.

He has served a number of celebrities, including footballers such as Cesc Fabregas and Kevin de Bruyne,

But this is not the first time that a well-known figure has been criticised for dining at one of his restaurants.

Gokce posted pictures of himself with President Maduro in his Istanbul restaurant last year
In September, Venezuela's President Nicolás Maduro caused outrage when he visited Gokce's Nusr-Et restaurant in Istanbul.

Almost two-thirds of people in the crisis-hit country have reported losing weight as shortages of food worsened in recent years.

Footage of Mr Maduro at the restaurant was widely shared by his critics who said he was out of touch with the problems facing Venezuela.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46773511
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i have taken 2 of my ex girlfriends to fogo de chao..no be only Frank dey floss :D
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Bigpokey24 wrote:i have taken 2 of my ex girlfriends to fogo de chao..no be only Frank dey floss :D
If you had spent some serious money they wouldn't be your ex-girlfriends.
bunda
Egg
Egg

Post by bunda »

this is bullshit
he can spend his money how he likes
nothing to do with the fans-if they dont like his lifestlye dont follow him on social media!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

The irony is that he’s being criticized by people who spend 1,000s wearing his face and club number on their chests and backs :roll: :!:

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

The irony is that he’s being criticized by people who spend 1,000s wearing his face and club number on their chests and backs :roll: :!:

Cheers.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

What rubbish is this? The man can spend his hard earned money any way he wants. Imagine!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

metalalloy wrote:What rubbish is this? The man can spend his hard earned money any way he wants. Imagine!
If he puts it online then he is asking for peoples oppinion, and they gave it to him :D
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

What is OKORO SOUP, ISI EWU OR NKWOBI?
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Bigpokey24 wrote:i have taken 2 of my ex girlfriends to fogo de chao..no be only Frank dey floss :D
Fogo de chao vs Nusr-Et? Are you for real? You're a very funny cat. :lol: :lol: :lol:
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Fogo de Chao? Na that one you dey call fine dinning or buffet? Abi Na hefty women you dey carry go?
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

scholl wrote:
Fogo de Chao? Na that one you dey call fine dinning or buffet? Abi Na hefty women you dey carry go?
Don't mind him. Fogo de chao is just a mid-tier Brazilian Churrascaria that serves Rodizio style dining.
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

iworo wrote:
scholl wrote:
Don't mind him. Fogo de chao is just a mid-tier Brazilian Churrascaria that serves Rodizio style dining.
Bros, I Dey wonder sef. Anyways, na Pokey talk am. If say na Flosser like 1Uncle talk am, that be say him don show him hand, fail the flosser test. :taunt: