Liverpool 2018/19 season + Game Threads

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liverpool 2018/19 season

Post by oloye »

That number 48 for Liverpool needs to be taken off.... He ain't ready for this game at this level.... I have lost count how many errors he has made in this game
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Guess who lost the ball that led to the second goal for Wolves... Yep the number 48
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

GOAL

lovely strike

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

If Traore enters this match, this Liverpool team go hear wien

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

If this is the future of Liverpool, then it does not look too bright on the evidence of what is on display

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Bring on the magicians to rescue match.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Totally forgot about Mignolet.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Man of the match for Liverpool is Fabinho... If not for him it would have been an ugly night. That said, that little boy that played beside him, I would like to see more of him... He did some nice things with the ball and his confidence stood out

Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

oloye wrote:That number 48 for Liverpool needs to be taken off.... He ain't ready for this game at this level.... I have lost count how many errors he has made in this game
He probably isn’t ready for this kind of game. He is only 17. He is better than what he showed today.
Kijana Hoever in the other hand is a huge talent and played well.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Alategun wrote:
oloye wrote:That number 48 for Liverpool needs to be taken off.... He ain't ready for this game at this level.... I have lost count how many errors he has made in this game
He probably isn’t ready for this kind of game. He is only 17. He is better than what he showed today.
Kijana Hoever in the other hand is a huge talent and played well.
I think the jitters got to him big time, it was unbelievable the number of mistakes he made. I have seen kids thrown in and they make mistakes, but with this kid it appeared he developed stage fright and froze. It was one mistake after the other.

ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Txj don pick race as usual.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Mignolet happened.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

ojafranpa wrote:Txj don pick race as usual.
Nothing to see here bro...
I dey kamkpe!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

balo wrote:Mignolet happened.
No one could have saved that shot nor the first goal.
I cant believe the way fans behave/think. You just dont totally condemn a player and blame him for everything just because he has been replaced by a better player. If Allisson had been in goal no one would have said anything. Did he not let in a similar goal against Red Star in Belgrade? Its getting ridiculous.
It also drives me mad when so called pundits seem to think a goalkeeper is to blame for every single goal scored. :curse: :curse:

@Oloye the kids did not play too badly for me. Milner, Moreno and Sturridge were the culprits. They were pathetic.
Origi was at least running around. With this performance i doubt Sturridge will get any more opportunities this season.
YNWA
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

We go again. A win puts us 7 ahead and maybe a little pressure on the challengers. We should be charged up for this. YNWA....

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Fabinho, Van Dijk, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Shaqiri, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Mignolet, Milner, Keita, Moreno, Origi, Matip, Camacho.
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

Good to see Matip on the bench. Defensive issues should be resolved by next game. No more improvisation.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Alategun wrote:Solanke and Clyne gone to Bournemouth. They made some money on him. Probably not explosive enough. He is like a poor man’s Firmino. Brewster I think will be better
Odd move for Liverpool given the options at RB.
More odd from the player actually. The club has options- Milner, Fabinho; and Gomez when he returns at end Jan.

Then there is the young dutch kid Kia-Jana who looks quite promising...
TAA out for a month. That loan deal for Clyne looks even more odd now.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Alategun wrote:Solanke and Clyne gone to Bournemouth. They made some money on him. Probably not explosive enough. He is like a poor man’s Firmino. Brewster I think will be better
More odd from the player actually. The club has options- Milner, Fabinho; and Gomez when he returns at end Jan.

Exactly!
didnt think it was a good idea at the time ans so its proved.
Milner will likely play there till Trent and Gomez get back. So not a huge problem.
Apparently Gini is also struggling... tough times ahead
YNWA
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

heavyd wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Exactly!
didnt think it was a good idea at the time ans so its proved.
Milner will likely play there till Trent and Gomez get back. So not a huge problem.
Apparently Gini is also struggling... tough times ahead
Milner is not getting young playing him there regularly is asking for trouble.You guys will be fine,no serious games voming up and no FA cup so more rest.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Keita’s chance to shine. He needs to take it. Winning streak here. Let’s go! YNWA....

Liverpool: Alisson, Milner, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Fabinho, Keita, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Mignolet, Sturridge, Moreno, Lallana, Shaqiri, Origi, Camacho.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

They scored the only way you really could imagine. Milner against Zaha 1 on 1 always not going to be good.
Keita has been poor. He is playing so naive. We have to pass faster and get Shaq on. U need someone that can dribble and release quick. Going to be tough but we can do this. YNWA....
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

We pressed with 4 players in that situation and if you are not successful, u are left open in middle. One of those 4 should have fouled the guy they were pressing.