2018/2019 Spurs Season: PL: 4th; LC: SM; FAC: 4RD; CL: Final

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [CC] TOT vs CHE [1 SM]

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]toyin133[/color] wrote: Chelsea has had 66% possession in this half. Spurs seem to be in cruise control with an eye on this Sunday's game. I hope it doesn't cost us
This is crazy. Win this and worry about Sunday later. We can't let these lot be dominating us like this.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Ref books Sanchez for reminding Hazard he was around
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Honestly how much dominance can one team exert and chances created yet still trail like Chelsea ?
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Oh damn, Kane is down.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Willian with a very Ozil like performance and promptly sent to the bench
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Phew, Kane gives the all thumbs up.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Spurs seem to have had a tactical switch with Alli dropping back into central midfield and Eriksen pushing up closer to Kane
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Why can't you guys hold on to the ball a bit longer? Too many turnovers from what I'm hearing.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Lamela to come on.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Can Hazard be taken off abeg?

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Ref end the match naw.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

3 minutes ke? Where did all that time come from?

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Poch must really trust Skipp to bring him on in this scenario for Winks
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Llorente for Eriksen.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Danny Rose seems to have done his hamstring in. Please stay on for the last minute.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

FT
Spurs have the advantage with a little bit of good fortune and resolute defending
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Spurs can now concentrate on the weekend
Danny Blanchflower
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

I thought Xhaka was slow.....Jorginho is even worse
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

ps Chelsea will be dumb to get rid of Hudson-Odoi
Danny Blanchflower
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Pass pass pass.... Run around run around run around... That sums up Chelsea with this strikerless formation.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

bk-one wrote:I thought Xhaka was slow.....Jorginho is even worse
At least he can pass.. Something Xhaka cannot do
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Spurs on another run of wins after the unfortunate letdown at Wembley against Wolves.

#SpursGetNoRespect

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Big worry - our energy level nose dive in the 2nd half of matches. Effect of lack of wc and no rest? Difficult times. Our energy in the second half used to be our strength
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!