Nigerian Defenders.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigerian Defenders.

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

This is serious o! Besides Troost-Ekong and Omeruo it appears we have no young CD playing top level football anywhere. Awaziem is about to be shipped to Turkey after Porto signed Pepe again. What happened to our defenders?
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ukwala
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigerian Defenders.

Post by ukwala »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:This is serious o! Besides Troost-Ekong and Omeruo it appears we have no CD playing top level football anywhere. Awaziem is about to be shipped to Turkey after Porto signed Pepe again. What happened to our defenders?
Is Brighton not top level?
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Were you not the one saying we had a golden generation just a few months ago despite the fact that people called you out that you were being overly optimistic? Glad that you are being more sensible.

Nigeria has decent players all round, nobody fantastic.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

ukwala wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:This is serious o! Besides Troost-Ekong and Omeruo it appears we have no CD playing top level football anywhere. Awaziem is about to be shipped to Turkey after Porto signed Pepe again. What happened to our defenders?
I meant young CD.
OCCUPY NFF!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

ukwala wrote:

Unfortunately he has spent more time on the bench than actually playing.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The way that Awaziem guy was hyped on this forum was unbelievable. What I struggle to get is how he was unable to displace the trio of Troost, Balo and Omeruo.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

oloye wrote:The way that Awaziem guy was hyped on this forum was unbelievable. What I struggle to get is how he was unable to displace the trio of Troost, Balo and Omeruo.
He didn't get to play enough games with other CD while he had a good season last year, by the end of the season the oyibo wall was already established. Unless you want Rohrvto change his CD pairing going into the wc I don't see how he could've.
OCCUPY NFF!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
oloye wrote:The way that Awaziem guy was hyped on this forum was unbelievable. What I struggle to get is how he was unable to displace the trio of Troost, Balo and Omeruo.
He didn't get to play enough games with other CD while he had a good season last year, by the end of the season the oyibo wall was already established. Unless you want Rohrvto change his CD pairing going into the wc I don't see how he could've.
But he was in the camp when John Ogu was playing as the center half. Maybe he simply does not fit into the SE at the time, but.. Aghhh never mind. There is time to assess him still, just my curiosity going ahead of me
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Semi Ajayi is another option though he's already 25. I think he may have gone above Awazeim in the pecking order. Stephen Eze (24) is also on the radar.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:This is serious o! Besides Troost-Ekong and Omeruo it appears we have no young CD playing top level football anywhere. Awaziem is about to be shipped to Turkey after Porto signed Pepe again. What happened to our defenders?
Don't worry, Jordan Torunarigha is coming to save you.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

The YeyeMan wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:This is serious o! Besides Troost-Ekong and Omeruo it appears we have no young CD playing top level football anywhere. Awaziem is about to be shipped to Turkey after Porto signed Pepe again. What happened to our defenders?
Don't worry, Jordan Torunarigha is coming to save you.
Oga
Jordan is a German, born in Chemnitz
I know him personally
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Rawlings wrote:I know him personally
I'll play this game.

How do you know him?
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

The YeyeMan wrote:
I'll play this game.

How do you know him?
His dad - we called him Kojo, but his full name is I believe Ogokojo -dated my aunt
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Rawlings wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
I'll play this game.

How do you know him?
His dad - we called him Kojo, but his full name is I believe Ogokojo -dated my aunt
Who's your aunt?
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
I'll play this game.

How do you know him?
Who's your aunt?
I already gave you an opening to get my identity. work with that
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Rawlings wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
I'll play this game.

How do you know him?
Who's your aunt?
I already gave you an opening to get my identity. work with that
How old and how tall are you, approximately?
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Bare in mind he just turned 22 a week ago, the likes of Balogun, Omeruo and Troost have the experience that Awaziem lacks in football despite him being the most talented of the four IMO. He Hasn't been given a consistent run of games to show his quality over a stretch of games and sadly for him, the games he did play in, we had a very unbalanced XI and play.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Sunset wrote:
Bare in mind he just turned 22 a week ago, the likes of Balogun, Omeruo and Troost have the experience that Awaziem lacks in football despite him being the most talented of the four IMO. He Hasn't been given a consistent run of games to show his quality over a stretch of games and sadly for him, the games he did play in, we had a very unbalanced XI and play.
He showed his quality in France last year. He's just not being managed properly. He shouldn't have returned to Porto.
Norwich about to swoop for Ajayi. He could be in the EPL next season.
I am happy
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Bros Oloye, even you who’s had a real taste of professionalism joined in the hype. If the truth be told, Nigeria hasn’t developed any eye-catching defenders in over a decade and certainly none with the quality of Echiejile and Ambrose. Omeruo and Obabona looked like they had a lot of potential and promised to be the next great pair of Nigerian central defenders but they’ve both regressed, the latter more so than the former. As it’s turned out, Ambrose continues to excel, much to the chagrin of armchair internet coaches, who proclaimed him “useless”. Honestly, I’d rather go to battle any day with Egwuekwe over any of your over-hyped youngsters :!:

Cheers.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Bros Oloye, even you who’s had a real taste of professionalism joined in the hype. If the truth be told, Nigeria hasn’t developed any eye-catching defenders in over a decade and certainly none with the quality of Echiejile and Ambrose. Omeruo and Obabona looked like they had a lot of potential and promised to be the next great pair of Nigerian central defenders but they’ve both regressed, the latter more so than the former. As it’s turned out, Ambrose continues to excel, much to the chagrin of armchair internet coaches, who proclaimed him “useless”. Honestly, I’d rather go to battle any day with Egwuekwe over any of your over-hyped youngsters :!:

Cheers.
How could I have joined in the hype when I am not even sure I have seen him play. I wanted badly to see him play, but I gave up when the likes of John Ogu was being played ahead of him at Wembley. But seriously I would like to see him play so that I can assess and rate him personally. I don't even know what he looks like to be honest.

But with the rating he was getting I expected him to have made impact,and like someone even noted that Semi came from nowhere to play ahead of him raises more questions.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Dammy wrote:
Sunset wrote:
He showed his quality in France last year. He's just not being managed properly. He shouldn't have returned to Porto.
Norwich about to swoop for Ajayi. He could be in the EPL next season.
When I watched him in France he was playing LB and not CB, so not sure where he showed his quality as a CB.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Sunset wrote:
For heavens sake, can we stop playing this “youth” card? Guendouzi is 19 and playing regularly for Arsenal :idea: :!:

Cheers.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I watched Semi Ajayi against Man City and was impressed. So were the commentators. But dude is like 26 and plays on a relegation struggling team in the championship. Hardly anything to get excited about.

We just are not producing players we did years ago. Nobody even near the level of a Taribo West, Uche Okechukwu or even the much maligned Joseph Yobo who was a beast compared to what we have now.