Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:spurs were reduce to making pot shots, yes De gea made so many fantastic saves, yes we need more options at the back, bailly should be warned that he will be shipped off if he continues getting those uneccessary red cards
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Alderweireld is pot shot
Alli's header is pot shot
Ali's shot is pot shot
Lamela
Kane x2

pot shots...but DDG made fantastic saves
do u understand irony?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:
kajifu wrote:Manu fans that want Jose out i say respect,your team is back,top 4 now is possible.
I hope those who think Jose was not t he problem see how solid your team is?
Oga Marko take a bow you wanted him gone and now my Arsenal might not even finish ahead of you guys again.Nowwe will be fighting top 5,
any real fan of united from way back will feel the same way, its a shame it did not happen earlier, Mourinho should have been sacked after the 1st newcastle game when we had to claw back a 2 nil deficit, if we did, United will be in the top 4 by now, i still think top 4 might be a tall order but as far we keep on winning games and in typical united fashion, then i am satisfied, i have already written off this season
My main blame lay with the board, i was always questioning right from the beginning of the season why they decided to let Jose go on managing yet it became clear that the would no longer be backing him from around pre season, and Jose was clearly unhappy and throwing toys around like he normally does.
That in itself cost United the season, at times i was thinking the cost of sacking him earlier was too much, but in the end they did what they should have done earlier.
They even should have parted ways with him in pre season.

The United players spent most of the season knowing that they were.being.managed by a dead man walking.

Now it's all about clawing back lost time.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

benteke wrote:
marko wrote:
kajifu wrote:Manu fans that want Jose out i say respect,your team is back,top 4 now is possible.
Oga Marko take a bow you wanted him gone and now my Arsenal might not even finish ahead of you guys again.Nowwe will be fighting top 5,
any real fan of united from way back will feel the same way, its a shame it did not happen earlier, Mourinho should have been sacked after the 1st newcastle game when we had to claw back a 2 nil deficit, if we did, United will be in the top 4 by now, i still think top 4 might be a tall order but as far we keep on winning games and in typical united fashion, then i am satisfied, i have already written off this season
My main blame lay with the board, i was always questioning right from the beginning of the season why they decided to let Jose go on managing yet it became clear that the would no longer be backing him from around pre season, and Jose was clearly unhappy and throwing toys around like he normally does.
That in itself cost United the season, at times i was thinking the cost of sacking him earlier was too much, but in the end they did what they should have done earlier.

The United players spent most of the season knowing that they were.being.managed by a dead man walking.

:clap:
well said

someone who does not lay blame on 1 person. marko, read well

Board. Jose. Players

Jose finished 2nd.
FA Cup Final
Back him so he can improve
Liverpool comes to mind. See how they have improved

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:
marko wrote:

:clap:
well said

someone who does not lay blame on 1 person. marko, read well

Board. Jose. Players

Jose finished 2nd.
FA Cup Final
Back him so he can improve
Liverpool comes to mind. See how they have improved
yes i have read well, let me add my 2 cents!
Mourinho can never improve united even if he got 2 CB, his style of play does not fit in with united footballing mentality and style
any honourable man or coach for that matter, if you did not get transfer funds you requested or were promised, if you felt the team was not good enough as he once said at pre-season, he should have done the honourable thing and resigned! if he did that, he would get my respect

what did he do instead, he decided to ruin our season by picking bizarre formations, playing midfielders in defence just to act in defiance, then of course in true Mourinho fashion, he threw all his players under the bus, even Rashford, famously pointing his hands to the bench, i told you so, when he fluffed one chance playing young boys!

i repeat, he should have resigned but that pay off was too sweet to let go off!

yes the board are to blame as well for not sacking him earlier, they gave him 70 million, he bought Fred / dalot, so we cannot say the board did not release funds!

the board did not trust him with money and that was the fact! yes our terrible defence has only conceeded 3 goals in 6 games! we have scored over 15 goals in that process

let that sink in! Liverpool improved becauae Klopp plays attacking football and not cowardice football like some!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:?

when was the last time a top coach resigned.
Ancelloti has been let go 20+ times. has he ever resigned?

Conte did not get Chelsea's backing last season. Did he resign?

Jose threw his hands up in frustration...and the whole world gasped
Did you check Rashford's stats after that incident, up until Jose was fired? (of course not, bc you are blinded by hate)

Klopp yelled at Shaqiri and everyone was quiet

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote: yes the board are to blame as well for not sacking him earlier, they gave him 70 million, he bought Fred / dalot, so we cannot say the board did not release funds!

the board did not trust him with money and that was the fact! yes our terrible defence has only conceeded 3 goals in 6 games! we have scored over 15 goals in that process
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Finish 2nd
FA Cup Final
2nd best defence in the Prem

...but yes, the Board does not trust him with money. OMG, you are the ideal Glazer fan.
Last edited by tfco on Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote: let that sink in! Liverpool improved becauae Klopp plays attacking football and not cowardice football like some!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mane, Salah, Firmino scored more goals than any other front 3 in Europe.
what did they win?
4th in the Prem.
TWENTY FIVE POINTS BEHIND CITY
CONCEDED 46 GOALS

....Klopp added ONE player to his team last January, and see the difference that has made
one player.

i will leave you to guess his name.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

i would love to be in Liverpool position right about now to be honest! we can keep on living on past glory and throwing up the history book at our convinience!

Mourinho was given 70 million, he spent it on Fred / dalot, whose fault is this now? the board? or am i missing something?

i repeat, Liverpool play attacking football, reason why they found themselves at the champions league final, you forgot to add that as well, if you score more than your opponent, you win games!

Rashford, thanks to LVG, nothing to do with Mourinho, same Mourinho about to sanction the sale of martial, forgotten that as well?

look Mourinho was a huge mess at united! did not improve our fooball, left us in a worse shape, thankfully we are getting our confidence and swagger back, thanks to a rookie OGS!

Virgil cost liverpool 75 million pounds, Mourinho used 70 million to get a 19 year old and man city target, anything to stop city from getting their hands on him, same like sanchez, if he was pragmatic with that 70 million, who knows, we could have bought a world class defender as well?

what returns have united so far from Sanchez and Fred? Zilch ! dalot a young player who will hopefully come good

thats why i say, Mourinho is terrible with money, i will not even talk about Lukaku!
Last edited by marko on Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:i would love to be in Liverpool position right about now to be honest! we can keep on living on past glory and throwing up the history book at our convinience!

Mourinho was given 70 million, he spent it on Fred / dalot, whose fault is this now? the board? or am i missing something?

i repeat, Liverpool play attacking football, reason why they found themselves at the champions league final, you forgot to add that as well, if you score more than your opponent, you win games!

Rashford, thanks to LVG, nothing to do with Mourinho, same Mourinho about to sanction the sale of martial, forgotten that as well?

look Mourinho was a huge mess at united! did not improve our fooball, left us in a worse shape, thankfully we are getting our confidence and swagger back, thanks to a rookie OGS!

I dont think you thought that through.

1. Liverpool have won NOTHING in years.

2. This season they have been knocked out of the FA and Carabao Cup.

That is where you'd love to be? Okay.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:i would love to be in Liverpool position right about now to be honest! we can keep on living on past glory and throwing up the history book at our convinience!

he is so short sighted, it is unreal

Liverpool conceded 46 goals last season on the way to outscoring opponents, yet their only trophy was
'Champions League Final'

But he'll ignore that a January purchase is what has gotten them to this stage.... smh

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

danfo driver wrote:

If united were number 1 on the premiership, surely a nice feeling, they have not won anything, yes but they are slowly getting there, we could see the improvement when they made mincemeat of united a few weeks ago which led to Mourinho sacking

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

he is so short sighted, it is unreal

Liverpool conceded 46 goals last season on the way to outscoring opponents, yet their only trophy was
'Champions League Final'

But he'll ignore that a January purchase is what has gotten them to this stage.... smh
Nobody is ignoring that purchase, he cost Liverpool 75 million! we spent 70 million on players of questionable character which makes me believe Mourinho cannot be trusted with money

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote: Virgil cost liverpool 75 million pounds, Mourinho used 70 million to get a 19 year old and man city target, anything to stop city from getting their hands on him, same like sanchez, if he was pragmatic with that 70 million, who knows, we could have bought a world class defender as well?

what returns have united so far from Sanchez and Fred? Zilch ! dalot a young player who will hopefully come good

thats why i say, Mourinho is terrible with money, i will not even talk about Lukaku!
yes, managers buy and sell players all the time, because some_transfers_do_not_work

tell me what has happened to Loris Karius...and Claudio Bravo

Thank You

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote: Virgil cost liverpool 75 million pounds, Mourinho used 70 million to get a 19 year old and man city target, anything to stop city from getting their hands on him, same like sanchez, if he was pragmatic with that 70 million, who knows, we could have bought a world class defender as well?

yes, managers buy and sell players all the time, because some_transfers_do_not_work

Thank You
we talking about united here! no need to bring in City, dont care what City bought or discarded
Lukaku, Fred, Sanchez, we talking over 160 millon pounds, if you add Sanchez wages since he was got on a free, what returns have united got from them?

why was Mourinho hell bent on getting every city target irrespective if they fitted into our system or not?

why did he not use his own scouting to find capable players, sorry Mourinho screwed up both on the pitch and off the pitch, very atrocious if you ask me

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
tfco wrote:

Thank You
we talking about united here! no need to bring in City, dont care what City bought or discarded
Lukaku, Fred, Sanchez, we talking over 160 millon pounds, if you add Sanchez wages since he was got on a free, what returns have united got from them?

why was Mourinho hell bent on getting every city target irrespective if they fitted into our system or not?

why did he not use his own scouting to find capable players, sorry Mourinho screwed up both on the pitch and off the pitch, very atrocious if you ask me
City won the league
with record points
and guess what. They spent 60MM on the 2016 POTY after

but why would they do such a thing?
Because they are ALL about WINNING

you are the same person who said you're disappointed in the Inheritance Merchant not using Academy players

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

^^ when marko is counting every penny United spends

WE ARE THE RICHEST CLUB IN FOOTBALL.
we are not west ham or Bournemouth

Barcelona is willing to spend 50MM + Malcom to acquire a 30 year old Willian
(let that sink in)
And they just bought Malcom recently.
(it has not worked out)

gosh!!!!!

:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

If united were number 1 on the premiership, surely a nice feeling, they have not won anything, yes but they are slowly getting there, we could see the improvement when they made mincemeat of united a few weeks ago which led to Mourinho sacking
if I was a United fan, I wouldnt care about being number 1 in the League on January 13th. I'd rather be number 1 at the end of May.

And making mincemeat of United a few weeks ago isnt something to be proud of. Everyone was doing it. Even Derby County, who cant string passes together and that Leeds tore to shreds, defeated United at Old Trafford.

As good as Liverpool has been, they have won NOTHING under Klopp; By today, they could be only 4 points ahead, and out of the FA Cup and Carabao Cup. Thats not a position that tickles me.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

You still dont get the point i am trying to make

Kante- Leicester to Chelsea, not City target, Mourinho not interested
Virgil- Southampton to Liverpool, not city target, Mourinho not interested
Sanchez- City target, Mourinho went all over the odds to prevent city from getting him
Fred- City target, Mourinho went all over the odds to get him

Mourinho has an obsession with Pep, going back to the Barcelona Madrid days, the amount of times Pep got one over him is legendary

Premiership, rivalry re- ignited, instead of Mourinho to buy targets that fit into his philosophy or lack of rather than steal city target

Pep style of football has always had the edge over Mourinho, go check the stats, Mourinho is too much of a proud man and always refers to his CV when the going gets tough, his obsession with Pep allowed the likes of Kante/Virgil to slip under his radar as they were not city targets

So even if the board gave him 100M, i am not too sure he will buy wisely, i can only judge him from his purchases and the returns of these targets!

Thats my 2 cents

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

if I was a United fan, I wouldnt care about being number 1 in the League on January 13th. I'd rather be number 1 at the end of May.

And making mincemeat of United a few weeks ago isnt something to be proud of. Everyone was doing it. Even Derby County, who cant string passes together and that Leeds tore to shreds, defeated United at Old Trafford.

As good as Liverpool has been, they have won NOTHING under Klopp; By today, they could be only 4 points ahead, and out of the FA Cup and Carabao Cup. Thats not a position that tickles me.
I am not envious of liverpool position, i can respect what they are trying to do irrespective of what they have won or not, i give credit when i see good football, i see progress, when they play in champions league finals, that is progress!

Well thankfully, we are witnessing the rebirth of the real united, the one i am used to, even stupid Gary Neville said united board should never allow any new coach to do away with our attacking philosophy, they have to respect our brand and improve it, never again will the likes of Mourinho be allowed to coach attacking teams!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:You still dont get the point i am trying to make

Kante- Leicester to Chelsea, not City target, Mourinho not interested
Virgil- Southampton to Liverpool, not city target, Mourinho not interested
Sanchez- City target, Mourinho went all over the odds to prevent city from getting him
Fred- City target, Mourinho went all over the odds to get him

Mourinho has an obsession with Pep, going back to the Barcelona Madrid days, the amount of times Pep got one over him is legendary

Premiership, rivalry re- ignited, instead of Mourinho to buy targets that fit into his philosophy or lack of rather than steal city target

Pep style of football has always had the edge over Mourinho, go check the stats, Mourinho is too much of a proud man and always refers to his CV when the going gets tough, his obsession with Pep allowed the likes of Kante/Virgil to slip under his radar as they were not city targets

So even if the board gave him 100M, i am not too sure he will buy wisely, i can only judge him from his purchases and the returns of these targets!

Thats my 2 cents
:lol: :lol: :lol:
what about Mahrez? i take it Jose ran to the United board to buy him as well

But Mourinho bought Pogba and Lukaku...were they also targets for City?

what about Morata? Gosh we could list 100 names

you are losing it

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote: So even if the board gave him 100M, i am not too sure he will buy wisely, i can only judge him from his purchases and the returns of these targets!

Thats my 2 cents
1st season: 6th place, EFL, Europa trophy

2nd season: 2nd place, FA Cup Final

...but yeah. that is failure

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

I am not envious of liverpool position, i can respect what they are trying to do irrespective of what they have won or not, i give credit when i see good football, i see progress, when they play in champions league finals, that is progress!

Well thankfully, we are witnessing the rebirth of the real united, the one i am used to, even stupid Gary Neville said united board should never allow any new coach to do away with our attacking philosophy, they have to respect our brand and improve it, never again will the likes of Mourinho be allowed to coach attacking teams!
You see a CL loss + 0 trophies + Exit from FA Cup + Exit from Carabao Cup as progress?

But you do not see:

1st season: 6th place, EFL, Europa trophy

2nd season: 2nd place, FA Cup Final

as progress?

P.s-- I love the way Liverpool play because I am the biggest proponent of high pressing like a mad-man. But I dont consider 0 trophies progress. Let them win the league, win a cup and then the following season, maintain it and then, I would see progress.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The ultimate goal in football is to win trophies. But there are progressive steps that every team must take to get there. That is evidence of progress. To therefore suggest that LFC has not made ANY progress under Klopp is mistaken.

Has LFC won anything yet under JK? No.
Have they made progress under JK? Absolutely yes!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp