Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by tfco »

danfo driver wrote: You see a CL loss + 0 trophies + Exit from FA Cup + Exit from Carabao Cup as progress?

But you do not see:

1st season: 6th place, EFL, Europa trophy

2nd season: 2nd place, FA Cup Final

as progress?
:rotf:

he always hails what City has done, but when you show him that they have spent 200MM+ on defenders alone, he closes his eyes

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:You still dont get the point i am trying to make

Kante- Leicester to Chelsea, not City target, Mourinho not interested
Virgil- Southampton to Liverpool, not city target, Mourinho not interested
Sanchez- City target, Mourinho went all over the odds to prevent city from getting him
Fred- City target, Mourinho went all over the odds to get him

Mourinho has an obsession with Pep, going back to the Barcelona Madrid days, the amount of times Pep got one over him is legendary

Premiership, rivalry re- ignited, instead of Mourinho to buy targets that fit into his philosophy or lack of rather than steal city target

Pep style of football has always had the edge over Mourinho, go check the stats, Mourinho is too much of a proud man and always refers to his CV when the going gets tough, his obsession with Pep allowed the likes of Kante/Virgil to slip under his radar as they were not city targets

So even if the board gave him 100M, i am not too sure he will buy wisely, i can only judge him from his purchases and the returns of these targets!

Thats my 2 cents
:lol: :lol: :lol:
what about Mahrez? i take it Jose ran to the United board to buy him as well

But Mourinho bought Pogba and Lukaku...were they also targets for City?

what about Morata? Gosh we could list 100 names

you are losing it
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... -Leicester

Of course Mourinho was once interested in Mahrez but the board did not think he was worth it
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
danfo driver wrote: You see a CL loss + 0 trophies + Exit from FA Cup + Exit from Carabao Cup as progress?

But you do not see:

1st season: 6th place, EFL, Europa trophy

2nd season: 2nd place, FA Cup Final

as progress?
:rotf:

he always hails what City has done, but when you show him that they have spent 200MM+ on defenders alone, he closes his eyes
Leicester won the league with a squad worth 54 million pounds! No i did not close my eyes, read my last posts regarding players from lesser teams, Kante/Virgil, was Mourinho interested? Nope as city was not

Leicester proved you can win a league on a meagre budget, you dont have to spend 200 mil on defenders alone as you gladly said

No amount of spin will take away the facts about Mourinho obsession with Pep and his transfer targets

Mourinho cannot be trusted with Money, what did he do with Fred/Dalot? Said he cannot play Fred as our defence was terrible, was he referring to the same defence that have been playing with confidence and 2 clean sheets? Mourinho is nothing but a footballing fraud! That has been proven already
Last edited by marko on Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

..and pogba, lukaku, Ibra, Lindelof, Bailly, dalot

oh wait, but I read somewhere that the Inheritance Merchant was once interested in Dalot

/case closed..... hahahahaha

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:..and pogba, lukaku, Ibra, Lindelof, Bailly, dalot

oh wait, but I read somewhere that the Inheritance Merchant was once interested in Dalot

/case closed..... hahahahaha

Thanks to that footballing fraud, these above mentioned players confidence took a massive shattering!

Thankgoodness the board woke up one Monday morning and called the fraud to collect his P45!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you've been found out

moves on to next topic... THEIR CONFIDENCE

Q: did City try to buy Pogba and Bailly?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you've been found out

Pogba was an ex united academy player, Bailly no! But does prove anything as to why the fraud was obsessed with the inheritance merchant as you like to call him

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Dalot: jury still out. Is it me or did he look very "heavy" yesterday. He had the physique of a light-heavyweight boxer.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wiseone wrote:Dalot: jury still out. Is it me or did he look very "heavy" yesterday. He had the physique of a light-heavyweight boxer.
The Jury is still out on a 19-year-old who played in Portugues Div 2 last season and only played like 4 games for Porto's first team before making his transfer to one of the biggest clubs in the history of the World? I'd hope so.

Kelechi Nwakali plays for Porto Div 2. His parent club, Arsenal, which is a club not even on the level of Manchester United would not even bring him back--- as far as they are concerned, he is not ready.

If you expect Dalot to be ready, then you will be in for a shocker.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Man City v Wolves

Man City bench: :shock: :shock: :shock:

marko logic: lets_use_Academy_players

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
tfco wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you've been found out

Pogba was an ex united academy player, Bailly no! But does prove anything as to why the fraud was obsessed with the inheritance merchant as you like to call him
now he's a fraud

#1: EFL, Europa
#2: 2nd place, FA Cup Final

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

still a fraud, he made everyone believe the current squad were not good enough, how did they manage to score over 17 goals in 5 games? its apparent his coaching techniques beliong in the history books, thats what makes him a fraud!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:still a fraud, he made everyone believe the current squad were not good enough, how did they manage to score over 17 goals in 5 games? its apparent his coaching techniques beliong in the history books, thats what makes him a fraud!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

what some coaches would give to be 'fraudulent'
...starting with your own Klopp

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:still a fraud, he made everyone believe the current squad were not good enough, how did they manage to score over 17 goals in 5 games? its apparent his coaching techniques beliong in the history books, thats what makes him a fraud!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

what some coaches would give to be 'fraudulent'
...starting with your own Klopp

sorry i support man united! in my books, despite what he did for united, he did nothing to improve that squad, thats why i use that word, coaching fraud, they always get found out

even Klopp, the guy you keep on mentioning is still liverpool coach and thanks to him, Mourinho got sacked the next day, so we united supporters have to thank Klopp for showing the fraud the way out of old trafford

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/15/ole-gunn ... s-8345109/

thanks OGS for saying, no stupid square and back passes! move forward!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

attractive football, but still winless

1. klopp
2. poch

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

We are man united, you have to win with style! Barcelona have to win with style, real madrid has to win in style, thats the traditional that these clubs are known worldwide for and gain millions of fans, Mourinho is all about results! Result first, why cant you play good football and get results at the same time? This is the only time i will blame the board for allowing the farce to continue, someone trying so hard to destroy our brand and tradition, why did all the pundits think liverpool had a great season last year? They played attractive football and played in champions league final, this season, they continue where they left off, thats progress! I am not ashamed to give credit to our rivals

Now we are playing like we were always supposed to, we just need more wins under the belt, confidence gained, Mourinho did not even know our best 11, so funny how the team picks itself when everyone is fit,
Life is meant to be that easy, guess when you make square passes and pass backwards more often, its easy to play felliani as our play maker and mctomminay in defence!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:We are man united, you have to win with style! Barcelona have to win with style, real madrid has to win in style, thats the traditional that these clubs are known worldwide for and gain millions of fans, Mourinho is all about results! Result first, why cant you play good football and get results at the same time? This is the only time i will blame the board for allowing the farce to continue, someone trying so hard to destroy our brand and tradition, why did all the pundits think liverpool had a great season last year? They played attractive football and played in champions league final, this season, they continue where they left off, thats progress! I am not ashamed to give credit to our rivals

Now we are playing like we were always supposed to, we just need more wins under the belt, confidence gained, Mourinho did not even know our best 11, so funny how the team picks itself when everyone is fit,
Life is meant to be that easy, guess when you make square passes and pass backwards more often, its easy to play felliani as our play maker and mctomminay in defence!
i take it you are sad when we won:
FA Cup
EFL Trophy
Europa

but yeah, go on

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

One of the things I love about Andrew Smith is that he is capable of such epic acts of bastardry. Of all the photos from that Spurs match, this is what he chose to post on his Instagram and Twitter feeds: :rotf:
He can be such a cnut. :D
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:We are man united, you have to win with style! Barcelona have to win with style, real madrid has to win in style, thats the traditional that these clubs are known worldwide for and gain millions of fans, Mourinho is all about results! Result first, why cant you play good football and get results at the same time? This is the only time i will blame the board for allowing the farce to continue, someone trying so hard to destroy our brand and tradition, why did all the pundits think liverpool had a great season last year? They played attractive football and played in champions league final, this season, they continue where they left off, thats progress! I am not ashamed to give credit to our rivals

i take it you are sad when we won:
FA Cup
EFL Trophy
Europa

but yeah, go on
yes its man united, we are expected to win things! back in the days, Ferguson looked at Europa and FA cup with scorn in his eyes! we even withdrew from the FA cup remember because we could not be asked, we had big fish to fry!

back in the days, worthington cup, carling cup, whatever they called it were not united priority, United priority were
1- premiership
2- champions league
3 FA cup/ world club cup
4 Europa league
5 carling/ worthington e.t.c

due to the mediocrity after Ferguson left, Europa cup were celebrated and feted, back in the days, we alwayed qualified for champions league and got really far, played in a few finals and lost, that was how United see themselves or at least used to, playing at the highest possible level

United have to rediscover that appetite and raise the bar back to what it used to be, meaning premiership has to be the priority and champions league

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote: due to the mediocrity after Ferguson left, Europa cup were celebrated and feted, back in the days, we alwayed qualified for champions league and got really far, played in a few finals and lost, that was how United see themselves or at least used to, playing at the highest possible level

United have to rediscover that appetite and raise the bar back to what it used to be, meaning premiership has to be the priority and champions league

i've always suspected you are a johnny come lately

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote: due to the mediocrity after Ferguson left, Europa cup were celebrated and feted, back in the days, we alwayed qualified for champions league and got really far, played in a few finals and lost, that was how United see themselves or at least used to, playing at the highest possible level

i've always suspected you are a johnny come lately

They also tell us that United always played sexy football and then I get confused, since I remember many times United played Fletcher and Park in the middle, with Phil Jones getting midfield time also. But it’s all good. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

danfo driver wrote: They also tell us that United always played sexy football and then I get confused, since I remember many times United played Fletcher and Park in the middle, with Phil Jones getting midfield time also. But it’s all good. :lol:
he has selective memory.
Even Rio mentioned it recently that United under SAF did not always play champagne football.

i remember that season we finished 3rd in that CL group, then went to play Europa against Bilbao
They bodied us too

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Yes we did not always do well in champions league just like any other top side but at least thats what our priority, you cant play entertaining footbll every week, sometimes, you have to grind out results the hard way but man united philosophy has always been attacking football, our biggest mistakes in the last few years was abandoning this for results oriented after Ferguson left, if we had stuck to our tradition, we will eventually win, at least mistakes have been learnt, never again will footballing cowards be allowed to club like United, we have all seen what confidence does for footballers irrespective of what the fraud said about his players!

Marko