Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:23 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:35 pm
Posts: 503
john12 wrote:
go And rewatch obagoal, aghawonder and even Kalu (presently) few performances for se and you will see what people expect from onyekuru. If you were overhyped prior to WCor described as the best thing since sliced bread, you better perform exceptionally immediately or will be dropped

You are a big hypocrite on another thread you were criticising nigerians for being impatient with Nacho... Onyekuru has just played about 90 mins of footbal for the eagles, with his 2 mins here and there...But still he has one goal and one assist, so again what are you talking about???


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 2338
I’m never a hypocrite have you ever seen me overhype an unknown player? I have always believed/said that if you’re going to overhype an unknown player, that player must perform superbly because coaches are getting insulted because of him. If you walk into an establishment with proven employees and you come in that organization as a total upgrade/improvement, your black a.ss better perform instantly or you wouldn’t be taken serious


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:36 am
Posts: 3
bully12 wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:
Also, 7 if Galatasaray's last 10 goals
Dammy wrote:
9 goals in 15 matches. Not bad
How come he has not received all the accolades he deserves. Players with lesser qualities are overhyped daily on this forum. There is no doubt he is head and shoulders above Chukwueze and Samuel Kalu. Thousands of miles above Musa. Doubters eat your hearts out.

I see him donning the 9 jersey for Everton next Season.the technique in which he dispatches those goals is just unreal..PL defenders will chop grass


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:04 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 37458
Location: Land of the Terrapins
gochino wrote:
john12 wrote:
go And rewatch obagoal, aghawonder and even Kalu (presently) few performances for se and you will see what people expect from onyekuru. If you were overhyped prior to WCor described as the best thing since sliced bread, you better perform exceptionally immediately or will be dropped

You are a big hypocrite on another thread you were criticising nigerians for being impatient with Nacho... Onyekuru has just played about 90 mins of footbal for the eagles, with his 2 mins here and there...But still he has one goal and one assist, so again what are you talking about???


But he's been called and given chances, theres a reason he gets few minutes and thats because others are better. When Kalu came in he immediately became a starter because he's that good. So Rohr doesn't have a problem starting new players, as long as they are good enough...same thing with Jamiu Collins even though the other players in contention with him like Aina and Idowu played in better leagues, its clear that Collins is the better option and Rohr went with him over them. Henry has only one assist no goal, as the Liberia game was clearly not an official A match for the SE. Plus his assist was really a great shot from Kalu nothing really to do with the pass...

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:05 pm
Posts: 4199
maceo4 wrote:
gochino wrote:
john12 wrote:
go And rewatch obagoal, aghawonder and even Kalu (presently) few performances for se and you will see what people expect from onyekuru. If you were overhyped prior to WCor described as the best thing since sliced bread, you better perform exceptionally immediately or will be dropped

You are a big hypocrite on another thread you were criticising nigerians for being impatient with Nacho... Onyekuru has just played about 90 mins of footbal for the eagles, with his 2 mins here and there...But still he has one goal and one assist, so again what are you talking about???


But he's been called and given chances, theres a reason he gets few minutes and thats because others are better. When Kalu came in he immediately became a starter because he's that good. So Rohr doesn't have a problem starting new players, as long as they are good enough...same thing with Jamiu Collins even though the other players in contention with him like Aina and Idowu played in better leagues, its clear that Collins is the better option and Rohr went with him over them. Henry has only one assist no goal, as the Liberia game was clearly not an official A match for the SE. Plus his assist was really a great shot from Kalu nothing really to do with the pass...
Rohr is better than all the coaches he played for in Belgium and Turkey? If he is as bad as you seem to portray him every time how come he is of one the most sought after Nigerian player by the elite teams. Honestly you gratuitous bias towards is definitely worrisome. Every d#$% and Harry know for some puckish reasons best know to the feckless Rohr he has not been offered enough chance to prove himself . He is definitely a gem


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:10 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 38834
Location: UK
bully12 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
gochino wrote:
john12 wrote:
go And rewatch obagoal, aghawonder and even Kalu (presently) few performances for se and you will see what people expect from onyekuru. If you were overhyped prior to WCor described as the best thing since sliced bread, you better perform exceptionally immediately or will be dropped

You are a big hypocrite on another thread you were criticising nigerians for being impatient with Nacho... Onyekuru has just played about 90 mins of footbal for the eagles, with his 2 mins here and there...But still he has one goal and one assist, so again what are you talking about???


But he's been called and given chances, theres a reason he gets few minutes and thats because others are better. When Kalu came in he immediately became a starter because he's that good. So Rohr doesn't have a problem starting new players, as long as they are good enough...same thing with Jamiu Collins even though the other players in contention with him like Aina and Idowu played in better leagues, its clear that Collins is the better option and Rohr went with him over them. Henry has only one assist no goal, as the Liberia game was clearly not an official A match for the SE. Plus his assist was really a great shot from Kalu nothing really to do with the pass...
Rohr is better than all the coaches he played for in Belgium and Turkey? If he is as bad as you seem to portray him every time how come he is of one the most sought after Nigerian player by the elite teams. Honestly you gratuitous bias towards is definitely worrisome. Every d#$% and Harry know for some puckish reasons best know to the feckless Rohr he has not been offered enough chance to prove himself . He is definitely a gem
Nope.
He doesn't agree with you, simple.
What is 'gratuitous' about that? :roll:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 13630
I am taking the middleground in this argument.

Rohr, contrary to my original belief, has shown a willingness to put new players right into the starting lineup, or on the periphery of it.

As has been mentioned already look at Kalu and Collins. I am sure that Chukwueze will soon be an addition to this. Rohr thinks very highly of him. He was already donning the #10 jersey and Rohr was giving him special attention in training. He knows that he is a star.

We may have initially believed that Rohr was not giving Onyekuru a fair chance, but it is possible that he was actually seeing something in him he did not like.

What reason does he have to beef with Onyekuru ? Although Rohr is indeed conservative, he is not THAT conservative that he will just ignore any new player (Kalu, Collins, CHukwueze) So I believe that Onyekuru is simply not doing something right in training, and I am inclined to believe Rohr has it right in this regard.

Having said all of that. Onyekuru in all of his small cameos probably does not even have up to 90 minutes. So we cannot fairly judge his SE contributions, especially as he does have an assist, and a goal even if it is in a non competative friendly.

Regarding his one assist that somebody claimed was more about Kalu's incredible shot.

Yes and No. It is true that the goal was about the wicked Kalu shot, but he would never have got that chance if not for Henry controlling the ball outside of the box turning around heads up and picking Kalu out. It was a nice heads up play which could easily have been missed judging by some of the examples of previous play of some of our wingers who I will leave un named.

Frankly Onyekuru has not had enough chances with SE, but he certainly is not ahead of Kalu, Chukwueze, Musa.

Remember that Musa and Simon add a lot in defence and this is supposedly where Onyekuru lacks when he is playing out wide.

Up top he is very light weight, but he may be a better option up top than out wide.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:14 pm
Posts: 7767
maceo4 wrote:
gochino wrote:
john12 wrote:
go And rewatch obagoal, aghawonder and even Kalu (presently) few performances for se and you will see what people expect from onyekuru. If you were overhyped prior to WCor described as the best thing since sliced bread, you better perform exceptionally immediately or will be dropped

You are a big hypocrite on another thread you were criticising nigerians for being impatient with Nacho... Onyekuru has just played about 90 mins of footbal for the eagles, with his 2 mins here and there...But still he has one goal and one assist, so again what are you talking about???


But he's been called and given chances, theres a reason he gets few minutes and thats because others are better. When Kalu came in he immediately became a starter because he's that good. So Rohr doesn't have a problem starting new players, as long as they are good enough...same thing with Jamiu Collins even though the other players in contention with him like Aina and Idowu played in better leagues, its clear that Collins is the better option and Rohr went with him over them. Henry has only one assist no goal, as the Liberia game was clearly not an official A match for the SE. Plus his assist was really a great shot from Kalu nothing really to do with the pass...



Kalu's shot was exquisite, no doubt, but so too was the assist. Furthermore, I would say that Onyekuru's attacking game is ahead of Kalu at the moment (that is to say that he's a much greater goalscoring threat). It's in other aspects of his game that Kalu is superior (Kalu provides better defensive cover for his outside backs and creates better for teammates). At any rate they are both super talented developing young players and I find this business of pitting our players against each other simply because of shrinning one player or the other to be quite ludicrous. (Mind you I'm not saying that this is what you are doing. But there are far too many of these silly arguments in these parts).

Regardless of who our favorite player is, or who we think deserves to be starting, we should be happy to have the talented array of Wing Forwards that we currently have. Not that long ago we were arguing about the likes of Nnamdi Oduamadi, Michael Babatunde and Ejike Uzoenyi. Such is not the case now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 30581
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
bully12 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
bully12 wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:
Also, 7 if Galatasaray's last 10 goals
Dammy wrote:
9 goals in 15 matches. Not bad
How come he has not received all the accolades he deserves ? Players with lesser qualities are overhyped daily on this forum. There is no doubt he is head and shoulders above Chukwueze and Samuel Kalu. Thousands of miles above Musa. Doubters eat your hearts out.
Says who?
You? :blink: :blink: :blink:
The proof of the pudding is in the eating. The aforementioned guys how many goals have they scored in their respective leagues . It is apparently clear even to Steve Wonders who is the best player among three of them.

Stevie Wonder you mean? :sneaky:

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

The glory has departed from Arsenal. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 46058
bully12 wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:
Also, 7 if Galatasaray's last 10 goals
Dammy wrote:
9 goals in 15 matches. Not bad
How come he has not received all the accolades he deserves ? Players with lesser qualities are overhyped daily on this forum. There is no doubt he is head and shoulders above Chukwueze and Samuel Kalu. Thousands of miles above Musa. Doubters eat your hearts out.



Is anyone stopping you from giving him accolades? It's free to start a post on CE you know...

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 46058
mystic wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
gochino wrote:
john12 wrote:
go And rewatch obagoal, aghawonder and even Kalu (presently) few performances for se and you will see what people expect from onyekuru. If you were overhyped prior to WCor described as the best thing since sliced bread, you better perform exceptionally immediately or will be dropped

You are a big hypocrite on another thread you were criticising nigerians for being impatient with Nacho... Onyekuru has just played about 90 mins of footbal for the eagles, with his 2 mins here and there...But still he has one goal and one assist, so again what are you talking about???


But he's been called and given chances, theres a reason he gets few minutes and thats because others are better. When Kalu came in he immediately became a starter because he's that good. So Rohr doesn't have a problem starting new players, as long as they are good enough...same thing with Jamiu Collins even though the other players in contention with him like Aina and Idowu played in better leagues, its clear that Collins is the better option and Rohr went with him over them. Henry has only one assist no goal, as the Liberia game was clearly not an official A match for the SE. Plus his assist was really a great shot from Kalu nothing really to do with the pass...



Kalu's shot was exquisite, no doubt, but so too was the assist. Furthermore, I would say that Onyekuru's attacking game is ahead of Kalu at the moment (that is to say that he's a much greater goalscoring threat). It's in other aspects of his game that Kalu is superior (Kalu provides better defensive cover for his outside backs and creates better for teammates). At any rate they are both super talented developing young players and I find this business of pitting our players against each other simply because of shrinning one player or the other to be quite ludicrous. (Mind you I'm not saying that this is what you are doing. But there are far too many of these silly arguments in these parts).

Regardless of who our favorite player is, or who we think deserves to be starting, we should be happy to have the talented array of Wing Forwards that we currently have. Not that long ago we were arguing about the likes of Nnamdi Oduamadi, Michael Babatunde and Ejike Uzoenyi. Such is not the case now.


:clap: :clap:

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 8351
maceo4 wrote:
gochino wrote:
john12 wrote:
go And rewatch obagoal, aghawonder and even Kalu (presently) few performances for se and you will see what people expect from onyekuru. If you were overhyped prior to WCor described as the best thing since sliced bread, you better perform exceptionally immediately or will be dropped

You are a big hypocrite on another thread you were criticising nigerians for being impatient with Nacho... Onyekuru has just played about 90 mins of footbal for the eagles, with his 2 mins here and there...But still he has one goal and one assist, so again what are you talking about???


But he's been called and given chances, theres a reason he gets few minutes and thats because others are better. When Kalu came in he immediately became a starter because he's that good. So Rohr doesn't have a problem starting new players, as long as they are good enough...same thing with Jamiu Collins even though the other players in contention with him like Aina and Idowu played in better leagues, its clear that Collins is the better option and Rohr went with him over them. Henry has only one assist no goal, as the Liberia game was clearly not an official A match for the SE. Plus his assist was really a great shot from Kalu nothing really to do with the pass...


You must enjoy sitting at your keyboard and making things up. Since when did Rohr become the ultimate judge of football talent and when did you earn the right to determine which matches are A matches? I was under the impression that’s FIFA’s prerogative :idea: :!:


Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:51 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 37458
Location: Land of the Terrapins
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
gochino wrote:
john12 wrote:
go And rewatch obagoal, aghawonder and even Kalu (presently) few performances for se and you will see what people expect from onyekuru. If you were overhyped prior to WCor described as the best thing since sliced bread, you better perform exceptionally immediately or will be dropped

You are a big hypocrite on another thread you were criticising nigerians for being impatient with Nacho... Onyekuru has just played about 90 mins of footbal for the eagles, with his 2 mins here and there...But still he has one goal and one assist, so again what are you talking about???


But he's been called and given chances, theres a reason he gets few minutes and thats because others are better. When Kalu came in he immediately became a starter because he's that good. So Rohr doesn't have a problem starting new players, as long as they are good enough...same thing with Jamiu Collins even though the other players in contention with him like Aina and Idowu played in better leagues, its clear that Collins is the better option and Rohr went with him over them. Henry has only one assist no goal, as the Liberia game was clearly not an official A match for the SE. Plus his assist was really a great shot from Kalu nothing really to do with the pass...


You must enjoy sitting at your keyboard and making things up. Since when did Rohr become the ultimate judge of football talent and when did you earn the right to determine which matches are A matches? I was under the impression that’s FIFA’s prerogative :idea: :!:


Cheers.


Yes its under FIFA's prerogative, and they deemed the Liberia match was not an A match so what exactly is your issue? Yes Rohr is the ultimate judge of what is best for SE as long as he's the coach and he's deemed some better than others, that's his prerogative but also buttresses my opinion. At the end of the day its my opinion and I have nothing against Henry I just feel he could be a much better player than what he's currently showing and I root for him to be better. Bully on the other hand down plays everybody who may be in contention with Onyekuru (ex: calls Kalu an Ikedia, says Chukwueze isn't an integral part of Villareal etc...) even to the point of heaping curses on Rohr for not taking a just recovered/unfit Onyekuru to the World Cup. To me that's unnecessary when Onyekuru hasn't really proven his mettle YET in the SE, and the ones that were taken had. If you agree with bully then that's your prerogative, but I don't.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 8351
maceo4 wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
gochino wrote:
john12 wrote:
go And rewatch obagoal, aghawonder and even Kalu (presently) few performances for se and you will see what people expect from onyekuru. If you were overhyped prior to WCor described as the best thing since sliced bread, you better perform exceptionally immediately or will be dropped

You are a big hypocrite on another thread you were criticising nigerians for being impatient with Nacho... Onyekuru has just played about 90 mins of footbal for the eagles, with his 2 mins here and there...But still he has one goal and one assist, so again what are you talking about???


But he's been called and given chances, theres a reason he gets few minutes and thats because others are better. When Kalu came in he immediately became a starter because he's that good. So Rohr doesn't have a problem starting new players, as long as they are good enough...same thing with Jamiu Collins even though the other players in contention with him like Aina and Idowu played in better leagues, its clear that Collins is the better option and Rohr went with him over them. Henry has only one assist no goal, as the Liberia game was clearly not an official A match for the SE. Plus his assist was really a great shot from Kalu nothing really to do with the pass...


You must enjoy sitting at your keyboard and making things up. Since when did Rohr become the ultimate judge of football talent and when did you earn the right to determine which matches are A matches? I was under the impression that’s FIFA’s prerogative :idea: :!:


Cheers.


Yes its under FIFA's prerogative, and they deemed the Liberia match was not an A match so what exactly is your issue? Yes Rohr is the ultimate judge of what is best for SE as long as he's the coach and he's deemed some better than others, that's his prerogative but also buttresses my opinion. At the end of the day its my opinion and I have nothing against Henry I just feel he could be a much better player than what he's currently showing and I root for him to be better. Bully on the other hand down plays everybody who may be in contention with Onyekuru (ex: calls Kalu an Ikedia, says Chukwueze isn't an integral part of Villareal etc...) even to the point of heaping curses on Rohr for not taking a just recovered/unfit Onyekuru to the World Cup. To me that's unnecessary when Onyekuru hasn't really proven his mettle YET in the SE, and the ones that were taken had. If you agree with bully then that's your prerogative, but I don't.


Show me the FIFA statement that says it wasn’t an A friendly. Once again, stop making things up. The feelings and opinions of self proclaimed Internet experts like you don’t count :!:


Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:31 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 37458
Location: Land of the Terrapins
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
gochino wrote:
john12 wrote:
go And rewatch obagoal, aghawonder and even Kalu (presently) few performances for se and you will see what people expect from onyekuru. If you were overhyped prior to WCor described as the best thing since sliced bread, you better perform exceptionally immediately or will be dropped

You are a big hypocrite on another thread you were criticising nigerians for being impatient with Nacho... Onyekuru has just played about 90 mins of footbal for the eagles, with his 2 mins here and there...But still he has one goal and one assist, so again what are you talking about???


But he's been called and given chances, theres a reason he gets few minutes and thats because others are better. When Kalu came in he immediately became a starter because he's that good. So Rohr doesn't have a problem starting new players, as long as they are good enough...same thing with Jamiu Collins even though the other players in contention with him like Aina and Idowu played in better leagues, its clear that Collins is the better option and Rohr went with him over them. Henry has only one assist no goal, as the Liberia game was clearly not an official A match for the SE. Plus his assist was really a great shot from Kalu nothing really to do with the pass...


You must enjoy sitting at your keyboard and making things up. Since when did Rohr become the ultimate judge of football talent and when did you earn the right to determine which matches are A matches? I was under the impression that’s FIFA’s prerogative :idea: :!:


Cheers.


Yes its under FIFA's prerogative, and they deemed the Liberia match was not an A match so what exactly is your issue? Yes Rohr is the ultimate judge of what is best for SE as long as he's the coach and he's deemed some better than others, that's his prerogative but also buttresses my opinion. At the end of the day its my opinion and I have nothing against Henry I just feel he could be a much better player than what he's currently showing and I root for him to be better. Bully on the other hand down plays everybody who may be in contention with Onyekuru (ex: calls Kalu an Ikedia, says Chukwueze isn't an integral part of Villareal etc...) even to the point of heaping curses on Rohr for not taking a just recovered/unfit Onyekuru to the World Cup. To me that's unnecessary when Onyekuru hasn't really proven his mettle YET in the SE, and the ones that were taken had. If you agree with bully then that's your prerogative, but I don't.


Show me the FIFA statement that says it wasn’t an A friendly. Once again, stop making things up. The feelings and opinions of self proclaimed Internet experts like you don’t count :!:


Cheers.


Oh gosh, don't you ever get tired of being schooled? And at your advanced age? You no get self esteem oga? Ok looka here, I'll even enlarge it so you can see clearly:

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=29230

Allnigeriasoccer.com can report that Nigeria will not be allocated points by FIFA for their 2-1 victory over Liberia in an international friendly staged in Monrovia on Tuesday evening ahead of the release of the new world ranking on Thursday, September 20.

At least two rules were broken by the Liberia Football Association and the Nigeria Football Federation during the game held at Samuel Kanyon Doe Sports Stadium, so the game will not be recognized by FIFA.

The International Football Association Board (IFAB) which is the body that determines the Laws of the Game of association football states that for national “A” team friendly matches, a maximum of six substitutes may be used.

Super Eagles manager Gernot Rohr flouted that law when he introduced Enyimba pair Mfon Udoh and Sunday Adetunji in the second half, bringing his total number of substitutions to seven.

On 25 October 2012, FIFA sent a circular to all its members stating that the referee and assistant referees appointed to officiate friendly matches shall be from a neutral country unless otherwise previously agreed by the members concerned.

According to the match commentary from KMTV, a Liberian referee Montgomery officiated the game between Liberia Nigeria, thereby nullifying the game as an international.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 8351
maceo4 wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
gochino wrote:
john12 wrote:
go And rewatch obagoal, aghawonder and even Kalu (presently) few performances for se and you will see what people expect from onyekuru. If you were overhyped prior to WCor described as the best thing since sliced bread, you better perform exceptionally immediately or will be dropped

You are a big hypocrite on another thread you were criticising nigerians for being impatient with Nacho... Onyekuru has just played about 90 mins of footbal for the eagles, with his 2 mins here and there...But still he has one goal and one assist, so again what are you talking about???


But he's been called and given chances, theres a reason he gets few minutes and thats because others are better. When Kalu came in he immediately became a starter because he's that good. So Rohr doesn't have a problem starting new players, as long as they are good enough...same thing with Jamiu Collins even though the other players in contention with him like Aina and Idowu played in better leagues, its clear that Collins is the better option and Rohr went with him over them. Henry has only one assist no goal, as the Liberia game was clearly not an official A match for the SE. Plus his assist was really a great shot from Kalu nothing really to do with the pass...


You must enjoy sitting at your keyboard and making things up. Since when did Rohr become the ultimate judge of football talent and when did you earn the right to determine which matches are A matches? I was under the impression that’s FIFA’s prerogative :idea: :!:


Cheers.


Yes its under FIFA's prerogative, and they deemed the Liberia match was not an A match so what exactly is your issue? Yes Rohr is the ultimate judge of what is best for SE as long as he's the coach and he's deemed some better than others, that's his prerogative but also buttresses my opinion. At the end of the day its my opinion and I have nothing against Henry I just feel he could be a much better player than what he's currently showing and I root for him to be better. Bully on the other hand down plays everybody who may be in contention with Onyekuru (ex: calls Kalu an Ikedia, says Chukwueze isn't an integral part of Villareal etc...) even to the point of heaping curses on Rohr for not taking a just recovered/unfit Onyekuru to the World Cup. To me that's unnecessary when Onyekuru hasn't really proven his mettle YET in the SE, and the ones that were taken had. If you agree with bully then that's your prerogative, but I don't.


Show me the FIFA statement that says it wasn’t an A friendly. Once again, stop making things up. The feelings and opinions of self proclaimed Internet experts like you don’t count :!:


Cheers.


Oh gosh, don't you ever get tired of being schooled? And at your advanced age? You no get self esteem oga? Ok looka here, I'll even enlarge it so you can see clearly:

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=29230

Allnigeriasoccer.com can report that Nigeria will not be allocated points by FIFA for their 2-1 victory over Liberia in an international friendly staged in Monrovia on Tuesday evening ahead of the release of the new world ranking on Thursday, September 20.

At least two rules were broken by the Liberia Football Association and the Nigeria Football Federation during the game held at Samuel Kanyon Doe Sports Stadium, so the game will not be recognized by FIFA.

The International Football Association Board (IFAB) which is the body that determines the Laws of the Game of association football states that for national “A” team friendly matches, a maximum of six substitutes may be used.

Super Eagles manager Gernot Rohr flouted that law when he introduced Enyimba pair Mfon Udoh and Sunday Adetunji in the second half, bringing his total number of substitutions to seven.

On 25 October 2012, FIFA sent a circular to all its members stating that the referee and assistant referees appointed to officiate friendly matches shall be from a neutral country unless otherwise previously agreed by the members concerned.

According to the match commentary from KMTV, a Liberian referee Montgomery officiated the game between Liberia Nigeria, thereby nullifying the game as an international.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel


:lol: :lol: :lol: My goodness. This borders on desperation. A speculative article by a tabloid is what you’re presenting as evidence. I knew you are all hot air. You know what, Rashidi, the beer parlor owner told me that FIFA has guaranteed Nigeria a quarterfinal berth at the 2022 World Cup :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am not interested in a memo FIFA purportedly sent in 2012. If indeed FIFA downgraded the friendly, there must have been a bulletin to that effect. Produce it or shut up :!:


Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:11 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 37458
Location: Land of the Terrapins
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: pele, it will be ok. The fact that you don’t know that you are only allowed 6 maximum subs in a FIFA grade A international friendly says it all. Ya have no clue. Anyways Cheers.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 8351
maceo4, you are exhibiting the intelligence of a 2-year old. The rules regarding friendly substitutions are only relevant if it is enforced by FIFA. If a player handles the ball in the penalty box and the ref chooses not to acknowledge it then it is inconsequential. FIFA has never said that the friendly with Liberia is not a grade A friendly so, stop being foolish :!:


Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 8351
maceo4, you are exhibiting the intelligence of a 2-year old. The rules regarding friendly substitutions are only relevant if it is enforced by FIFA. If a player handles the ball in the penalty box and the ref chooses not to acknowledge it then it is inconsequential. FIFA has never said that the friendly with Liberia is not a grade A friendly so, stop being foolish :!:


Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:53 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 37458
Location: Land of the Terrapins
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
maceo4, you are exhibiting the intelligence of a 2-year old. The rules regarding friendly substitutions are only relevant if it is enforced by FIFA. If a player handles the ball in the penalty box and the ref chooses not to acknowledge it then it is inconsequential. FIFA has never said that the friendly with Liberia is not a grade A friendly so, stop being foolish :!:


Cheers.


IFAB created the rules for which games FIFA would recognize as grade A international friendlies and you can see in link below it clearly states 6 maximum subs for the submitted game to be recognized as a grade A international friendly. We made 7 subs which violates the rules, so the onus is on you to show us why FIFA wouldn’t enforce their own rules. If not shut up, why would FIFA put out a public statement about such an inconsequential game? I know you know you are wrong just like you almost always are on this forum, I took pity on you that’s why I’m trying to educate you. But at your advanced age I recognize it’s not easy. I’ve shown you why it’s not a grade A friendly now show us why it is let’s judge since you just keep talking without backing up your statements. Show us the bulletin from FIFA stating they are outrageously ignoring their own rules to recognize our historical friendly as a grade A international. Im sure such a ground breaking report should be easy for you of all people the oga of ogas to find...ehen we dey wait

http://www.theifab.com/laws/the-players ... stitutions

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 8351
maceo4, stop behaving like a recalcitrant child. Do you also want me to show you why hundreds of refs have ignored the hand-ball rule? The existence of a rule doesn’t mean it’s going to be enforced. Even if the rule you’re referencing actually does exist, it doesn’t mean squat until FIFA actually enforces it. Your perception or imagination that a rule was violated doesn’t count for anything. If the game was indeed downgraded from a grade A friendly, it would be in FIFA records. That’s the law :!:


Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:11 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 37458
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Where is the link, show us or stop talking old arse empty barrel...

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 pm
Posts: 24412
Henry just missed 1on1 against the keeper, after setting himself up with a super control and run from outside the box.

Anyway, lucky for him that his team is still leading...................Goztepe 0-1 Galatasaray, 85 min.

_________________
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Babalawo, bamenda boy, Bing [Bot], maceo4, Waffiman and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group