Sarri Ball is Sorry Ball = Sarri Out

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Thunder
Egg
Egg
Re: Sarri Ball is Sorry Ball

Post by Thunder »

balo wrote:Guy needs to be sacked NOW.
Balo, heard the special one is on his way back. :D
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Sarri Ball is Sorry Ball = Sarri Out

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:Chelsea fans do not seem to know what they want. For years, they were unhappy with "defensive" football. Now, they have sexy football and they are still unhappy. :lol:
:rotf: you know they were never used too wining before the Rissian came.Jose spoil yhem with titles.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kajifu wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Chelsea fans do not seem to know what they want. For years, they were unhappy with "defensive" football. Now, they have sexy football and they are still unhappy. :lol:
:rotf: you know they were never used too wining before the Rissian came.Jose spoil yhem with titles.
Just like wenger
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Sarri Ball is Sorry Ball

Post by balo »

Thunder wrote:
balo wrote:Guy needs to be sacked NOW.
Balo, heard the special one is on his way back. :D

I would take Jose over this nonsense. I'd rather a drab coach with a winning mentality than one that promised exciting soccer only to lull us to sleep going round and round on a journey with no end in sight or purpose.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

:rotf:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Just like wenger
:rotf: :rotf: bro you need go look up Arsenal history won 10 league before he come to Arsenal. :rotf: With a European trophy :rotf: :rotf:
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

kajifu wrote::rotf:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Just like wenger
:rotf: :rotf: bro you need go look up Arsenal history won 10 league before he come to Arsenal. :rotf: With a European trophy :rotf: :rotf:
But have you ever won the Champions League?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Nkume wrote:These Chelski players are experts in sacking their coach!
It's not just Chelsea players. it is the modern day player. They are mentally weak and uninterested in success. I opened a thread about Hazard last week-- admitting he was not interested in being a winner and some people on CE applauded him. According to them, "football should be enjoyed."

See poor Sarri, the man has begun to blame himself.. saying today that "its my fault. I don't know how to motivate players." Kaii! they have reduced the man to insulting himself. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

danfo driver wrote:
It's not just Chelsea players. it is the modern day player. They are mentally weak and uninterested in success. I opened a thread about Hazard last week-- admitting he was not interested in being a winner and some people on CE applauded him. According to them, "football should be enjoyed."

See poor Sarri, the man has begun to blame himself.. saying today that "its my fault. I don't know how to motivate players." Kaii! they have reduced the man to insulting himself. :lol: :lol: :lol:
But JM says the same thing. A different skill set is required to motivate players today. It is not just tactics. You just need to understand their mentality and see how you can get them to see the big picture. We are talking of players who are more interested in the number of 'likes' on social media than getting better on the pitch.

I pity the current coaches especially if they don't have the backing of the club. The players can decide when to show up and when not to!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

haha, coaches these days have to be flexible, the older ones are so rigid in their ways, this is not the 90s anymore, times have moved on, if they cant cope with modern trends, they should simply retire
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

danfo driver wrote:

Football should be enjoyed, and there is a context for the statement. Playing players out of their favored role sucks joy out of the game, playing outdated tactics, kills the joy of the game.... These have nothing to do with modern games or not, it is simply player management.

There was a time a manager arrives at a team in tow with his own players, but today with this football director thingy, players are recruited for the manager, players who owe the manager nothing in terms of loyalty.

The phrase 'he has lost the dressing room' was not invented today, heck I have been hearing that phrase long before the coming of the social media. Coaches have been losing the dressing room over all manner of issues long before Internet came up... It is all about managing the relationship between the manager and a bunch of players who play for him. Invest time into it, don't believe in tactics more than you believe in your players, at least until you can replace them.

A clever coach or manager understand when you walk into a dressing room, there are certain players you don't want to be on their wrong side, how you manage them should be factored into whtlatever tactics you are bringing into the team.

That is one key word in a player / manager relationship, if it is not there or it is broken, there is going to be trouble. All it takes is one disagreement for the relationship to be broken.

When a coach inherits a team that has won something before he comes on board, it is usually difficult for such a coach to establish himself. He will be compared to the coaches before who won things and as soon as results falters, players would capitalise on that to undermine the coach.

The difference today and in the past is that players have more money and are more vocal, unlike in the past where only the geniuses could take on the coach in the dressing room.

Managers who evolve are still doing the business, talking about business, business organisations continue to evolve, but wait when it comes to sportsmen, it becomes a strange phenomenon.

Why is Klopp getting the best out of his team, why is Guardiola getting the best out of his team, heck I have watched the Bournemouth coach squeeze honey out of his low premium team for how many seasons now in the premiership.... His players play their hearts out for him.

Like they say in the modern world, evolve or die out! It applies in the business world, so also in the footy world
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I stated at the beginning of the season that Chelsea cannot afford to go into the season with the attack they have. Morata had proven to be unreliable, Giroud not exactly Chelsea kind of player... The season had not yet gone midway, they were already experimenting playing Hazard as false 9. Number the guy does not like it, number two it turned Chelsea into a team with ball possession but open to counter attacks.... Like Bournemouth did in a devastating fashion last night.

I watched the first 20mins of the game and I could have sworn Chelsea would carry the day, they were all over their opponents possession wise, but the attack was still blunt and as soon as they went down, their journey disintegrated.

Why does Sarri not change his approach to games, where is the dynamism... Just the same pass, pass, pass!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Oloye, Oluwasarri needs to accept the reality unfolding before his four eyes. All have been briefed on Jorginho's importance to Sarri-ball and more importantly, all are targeting the weakling and having their way. The flaws in gorgeous Jorge outweigh the benefits and like it or not, Sarri has to accept that his famed organ-grinder has become a monkey even Dr Zaius would banished.
Last edited by Coach on Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Coach wrote:@Oloye, Oluwasarri needs to accept the reality unfolding before his four eyes. All have been briefed on Jorginho's importance to Sarri-ball and more importantly, all are targeting the weakling and having their way. The flaws in gorgeous Jorge outweigh the benefits and like or not, Sarri has to accept that his famed organ-grinder has become a monkey even Dr Zaius would banished.
I agree Coachito, that is the dynamism that is missing in his approach to games. Every time Chelsea line up it is the same way of play, they look so boring it is unbelievable.

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

but yet it's the coach's fault...always

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

managers are the ones that have to adapt, they are only as good as their players let them be! if something is not working, try something else, if the squad is full of massive egos, sell them! its that simple, like Oloye pointed out, when you come to a big team, if there are any super star players, you have to treat them with respect, if you disrespect the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, ramos, Pogba, Hazard and some others, you will end up on the dole! its that simple
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Pass, pass, pass pass.
Repeat.

In the FA Cup game, I could count several times that Higuain was expecting to be fed, making the right runs, but the ball found its way back to Luiz and Ruediger.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

tfco wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

but yet it's the coach's fault...always
Psst psst.... Madrid hire and fire for fun. What is the big deal?

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:managers are the ones that have to adapt, they are only as good as their players let them be! if something is not working, try something else, if the squad is full of massive egos, sell them! its that simple, like Oloye pointed out, when you come to a big team, if there are any super star players, you have to treat them with respect, if you disrespect the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, ramos, Pogba, Hazard and some others, you will end up on the dole! its that simple
i see...let's use Conte as an example.

He won the league
Asked for reinforcements
DOF gave him Drinkwater, Barkley etc etc
He complained...over and over
Courtois the snake was part of the player revolt

Chelsea let Conte go. But it is Conte's fault

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:managers are the ones that have to adapt, they are only as good as their players let them be! if something is not working, try something else, if the squad is full of massive egos, sell them! its that simple, like Oloye pointed out, when you come to a big team, if there are any super star players, you have to treat them with respect, if you disrespect the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, ramos, Pogba, Hazard and some others, you will end up on the dole! its that simple
i see...let's use Conte as an example.

He won the league
Asked for reinforcements
DOF gave him Drinkwater, Barkley etc etc
He complained...over and over
Courtois the snake was part of the player revolt

Chelsea let Conte go. But it is Conte's fault
My man, like I have mentioned earlier, the terrain now works with a director of football you either adapt of die. A new brand of managers are all in the wings ready to take over and they will go on to win things.

Drinkwater and to a large extent the boy from Everton, were signed as part of the homegrown rule or whatever it was that compelled epl clubs to have a certain number of British talents in their squad. The clown of a coach pressed the self destruct button the moment he fell out with Diego Costa. Drinkwater was never in the mix, he was just a sideshow. He went on to win the FA Cup even with Drinkwater still fetching and drinking water by the side.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Klopp is getting the best out of his team? How? :shock: He has won NOTHING in FOUR YEARS! Man City lost, and all liverpool had to do was beat a leicester team that has been in poor form for weeks, and they choked.

Guardiola is getting the best out of his team? He has spent 200 million on wing backs and he has won only 1 EPl and 1 Carabao in 2.5 season.

That cannot be "getting the best out of teams." At least, not in my estimation. Zidane got the best out of his team, and when ht realized it will no longer the possible, he quickly checked out! The winners in the Madrid team are no longer at their level or gone. Ronaldo is gone. Bale is injured every week, Benzema and Modric are older now. etc.
oloye wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Football should be enjoyed, and there is a context for the statement. Playing players out of their favored role sucks joy out of the game, playing outdated tactics, kills the joy of the game.... These have nothing to do with modern games or not, it is simply player management.

There was a time a manager arrives at a team in tow with his own players, but today with this football director thingy, players are recruited for the manager, players who owe the manager nothing in terms of loyalty.

The phrase 'he has lost the dressing room' was not invented today, heck I have been hearing that phrase long before the coming of the social media. Coaches have been losing the dressing room over all manner of issues long before Internet came up... It is all about managing the relationship between the manager and a bunch of players who play for him. Invest time into it, don't believe in tactics more than you believe in your players, at least until you can replace them.

A clever coach or manager understand when you walk into a dressing room, there are certain players you don't want to be on their wrong side, how you manage them should be factored into whtlatever tactics you are bringing into the team.

That is one key word in a player / manager relationship, if it is not there or it is broken, there is going to be trouble. All it takes is one disagreement for the relationship to be broken.

When a coach inherits a team that has won something before he comes on board, it is usually difficult for such a coach to establish himself. He will be compared to the coaches before who won things and as soon as results falters, players would capitalise on that to undermine the coach.

The difference today and in the past is that players have more money and are more vocal, unlike in the past where only the geniuses could take on the coach in the dressing room.

Managers who evolve are still doing the business, talking about business, business organisations continue to evolve, but wait when it comes to sportsmen, it becomes a strange phenomenon.

Why is Klopp getting the best out of his team, why is Guardiola getting the best out of his team, heck I have watched the Bournemouth coach squeeze honey out of his low premium team for how many seasons now in the premiership.... His players play their hearts out for him.

Like they say in the modern world, evolve or die out! It applies in the business world, so also in the footy world
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I agree that football is to be enjoyed. Thats why I am a Sarri fan and thats why I love possession football.

However, the honest truth is that football is no longer enjoyment. It might be a game to you, but to those who count, it is not. Those who invest hundreds of millions of their hard earned money expect to get a ROI, comensurate to their investment. Fans who invest their time and money to support the club, expect to celebrate trophies at the end.

If you, as a player, want to "go out there and enjoy yourself," then, please, do that on your own dime! Not someone else's.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

We have multiple issues..some player issues and others the coach created for himself... he needs to recognize that Jorginho is being repeatedly target and figure out how to fix that(pretty much like they were targetting Bakayoko and Cahill last season)..how? I dunno..btw why aren't our players shooting against these busparkers? E belike sey na only Pedro dey shoot..and even him sef nor be sey pesin dey lay ball for am...back in the day we had Lamps, Essien, Ballack and Drogba..God help U and ya bus when those are on the field..dem go shoot so tey opponents' defenders jereseys would've been riddled with "bullets" going into halftime..
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

paj wrote:We have multiple issues..some player issues and others the coach created for himself... he needs to recognize that Jorginho is being repeatedly target and figure out how to fix that(pretty much like they were targetting Bakayoko and Cahill last season)..how? I dunno..btw why aren't our players shooting against these busparkers? E belike sey na only Pedro dey shoot..and even him sef nor be sey pesin dey lay ball for am...back in the day we had Lamps, Essien, Ballack and Drogba..God help U and ya bus when those are on the field..dem go shoot so tey opponents' defenders jereseys would've been riddled with "bullets" going into halftime..
CE's very own Idi Ota don come out of drug rehabilitashun to contribute to discurshun. :tic: Welcome :D :taunt:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!