AKPEYI Joins Kaizer Chiefs

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
AKPEYI Joins Kaizer Chiefs

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ikemba
Egg
Egg
Re: AKPEYI Joins Kaizer Chiefs

Post by ikemba »

Does this move help keep him out of the SE?
I get the jitters whenever I see the scared face between our goal posts.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Akpeyi will turn KC in KFC of the South African League. :tic: Every team will be licking their fingers after playing them :D
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

pajimoh wrote:Akpeyi will turn KC in KFC of the South African League. :tic: Every team will be licking their fingers after playing them :D
Apkeyi concocted ineptitude is one of the biggest myth on CE;
Yes I get it he didn't make first impression when he got the opportunity between SE posts. How this one isolated event took a life of its own only happens in the land of idiots especially after dude has came back and proved himself time and time again. if dude is bad he would be at 3SC and not in the best league in Africa. Band wagon is a very bad thing
Last edited by jette1 on Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I heard they signed him cause their first choice goalie is injured. We'll see if he can retain a starting spot after the previous first choice recovers.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

olu wrote:I heard they signed him cause their first choice goalie is injured. We'll see if he can retain a starting spot after the previous first choice recovers.
The point made above is the real issue.

You wonder why Akpeyi agreed to move to the Chiefs. Yes, Chiefs is one of the two most supported clubs in South Africa and perennially among the country's best. This year, however, they are down a bit. Khune is Chiefs' #1 and also South Africa's #1 goalkeeper. This means, Akpeyi is not likely to get a fair shake as #1 as soon as Khune is back from injury. I my view, Akpeyi is definitely good enough to have moved to another PSL club. It may have been an unnecessarily desperate move on Akpeyi's part, considering that his current club -- Chippa United -- is definitely going down to Division II but I feel he would have gotten a better club (chance of being the starter) if he waited to move after the season.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Mzekezeke
Egg
Egg

Post by Mzekezeke »

Akpeyi welcome to the greatest football club in the world. Maybe you too will one day be immortalised in my signature
Patrick Ntsoelengo,Nelson Dladla,Petros Nzimande, Abednigo Ngcobo,Doctor Khumalo,Vusi Lamola,Gerald Dlamini,Simom Lehoko,Silvester Kole,Lucas Radebe,Jan Lichaba, Leonard Likoebe,Edson Mguyo, Arie Khongoane,Marks Maponyanye,Donald Khuse, Jabu Pule, Mark Tovey, Zebulon Nhlapo,Gabriel Tikkie Khoza,Moran Khulu,Michael Dlamini,Johannes Mofokeng, Wellinton Manyathi,Jingles Perreira....... to be continued....Amhakhosi Kaizer Chiefs!!!!!!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Mzekezeke wrote:Akpeyi welcome to the greatest football club in the world. Maybe you too will one day be immortalised in my signature

Don't count on it bob. The guy is below average.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

jette1 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Akpeyi will turn KC in KFC of the South African League. :tic: Every team will be licking their fingers after playing them :D
Yes I get it he didn't make first impression when he got the opportunity between SE posts. How this one isolated event took a life of its own only happens in the land of idiots especially after dude has came back and proved himself time and time again. if dude is bad he would be at 3SC and not in the best league in Africa. Band wagon is a very bad thing
Are you done with your mouth diarrhoea? Akpeyi is not a good goalkeeper and I've seen him for club and country.
There are many good shot stoppers around but what makes you a good goalkeeper includes how you command your area, the confidence your team gets knowing you're in goal and is often derived from their trust in your ability.
Then there's consistency and a whole lot more besides.

Simply put, Akpeyi is average. The basis errors he makes even makes one wants to make an excuse that he's an outfield player just helping out with goalkeeping duties. Mssshhhheeww
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

pajimoh wrote:
jette1 wrote:
Are you done with your mouth diarrhoea? Akpeyi is not a good goalkeeper and I've seen him for club and country.
There are many good shot stoppers around but what makes you a good goalkeeper includes how you command your area, the confidence your team gets knowing you're in goal and is often derived from their trust in your ability.

Simply put, Akpeyi is average. The basis errors he makes even makes one wants to make an excuse that he's an outfield player just helping out with goalkeeping duties. Mssshhhheeww
assuming you meant the basic error.
well then; The maternity where you were delivered should be investigated
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

jette1 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
jette1 wrote:

assuming you meant the basic error.
well then; The maternity where you were delivered should be investigated
It's settled then. You have nothing more to contribute. Go chase your granny Smiths
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

I am not sure its a good move for him coz he is only signed as cover for Itumeleng Khune.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

olu wrote:I heard they signed him cause their first choice goalie is injured. We'll see if he can retain a starting spot after the previous first choice recovers.

So they could not sign any other goalkeeper in the world? Kaiser Chiefs are a big club in Africa. They won't waste money on you unless you are good. Akpeyi is a good goalkeeper, period!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

Mzekezeke wrote:Akpeyi welcome to the greatest football club in the world. Maybe you too will one day be immortalised in my signature
What, no George Lebese in your signature? Where did he go wrong, that boy could have gone far.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

1naija wrote:

So they could not sign any other goalkeeper in the world? Kaiser Chiefs are a big club in Africa. They won't waste money on you unless you are good. Akpeyi is a good goalkeeper, period!
He is better than the so-called no1 SE GK.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

That's a good move :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

As a Zimbabwean one name stands out for me from that signature of yours. The one and only Edson Muguyo. Long before he show cased his skills south of the border he turned for the legendary Zimbabwe Saints or Mashonaland FC as it was known in Rhodesia.

Edson Mguyo Zimbabwes first footballing export

Sadly most Zimbabweans would not even know who the hell Edson Mguyo is. He is still with us today residing in Zimbabwes second city Bulawayo
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Baptism of fire for Akpeyi. He is starting in the Soweto derby.

Goodluck to him