UZOHO TO CYPRUS, JOEL OBI TO TURKEY

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: UZOHO TO CYPRUS, JOEL OBI TO TURKEY

Post by danfo driver »

I dont know why you guys are responding like this. It seems you dont know Nigerians.

Enyeama was 10th choice goalkeeper at Lille, posting videos of empty training and they wanted him to go to the world cup as the first choice. Uzoho is going out on loan to get match fitness and sharpness for the Nations Cup and they want him out of the team.

Please, read the above and try to analyze both sentences.

Most people will be befuddled. However, if you truly know Nigerians to the core, you will just smile.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

ohenhen1 wrote:Wow, he goes on a 6 month loan move and they want to kick him off the SE team.

A 20 year old Goalkeeper that is still trying to establish himself. It takes time for Goalkeepers to develop.
:thumb:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

danfo driver wrote:I dont know why you guys are responding like this. It seems you dont know Nigerians.

Enyeama was 10th choice goalkeeper at Lille, posting videos of empty training and they wanted him to go to the world cup as the first choice. Uzoho is going out on loan to get match fitness and sharpness for the Nations Cup and they want him out of the team.

Most people will be befuddled. However, if you truly know Nigerians to the core, you will just smile.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

I can see no one cares about Joel Obi :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Anyways, this is a step UP, going from playing 2nd/3rd division footie to playing 1st division abi? Plus Shehu was a starter for SE playing in the same Cyprus, so nothing spoil...
Last edited by maceo4 on Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

jette1 wrote:Cyprus ke for what, to deliver letter to the Corinthians ?

this automatically hand the starting jersey to Ezenwa or Apkeyi who are at least plying their trade in footballing nations
jette1, this is a hard-hitting yabis of biblical proportions! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

danfo driver wrote:I dont know why you guys are responding like this. It seems you dont know Nigerians.

I'll let Enyeama ruin your weekend....
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

john12 wrote:Nigerians single handedly destroyed uzoho image. I know that agents/clubs are skeptical about giving the young man a chance. They believe that he is already old and has no room for improvement SMH at Nigerians.
Going to excuse Uzoho completely? Didn't nobody tell him to hold off on getting married to avoid adding fuel to the fire???

That is, assuming your theory is correct...

On Obi...said before that this boy's body is probably not suited for football. His injury rate is astounding
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

pajimoh wrote:
Bell wrote:THE SOLUTION IS OUT THERE

Develop the domestic league or start the W/African regional league. I have provided templates for both.
Bell
West African league is unrealistic. The cost of traveling to games will be beyond most teams

The domestic league is indicative of the local economy, readily available superior option of European leagues st a fraction of the cost and minimum travel.

Other conditions have to be conducive for our league to develop. It will never happen in isolation
THANKS FOR RESPONDING, AND...

...you are correct to say transportation cost will be high. But so will be salaries, medical, lodging, facilities, office operations, etc. They all come under "cost of doing business". If the league is making money, it won't matter. And the way I envisage it, a well-planned and managed W. African the league will make money. From stadiums that are sold out weekly because of quality of play and rivalries; from tv subscription, sponsorship and merchandizing. None of these is practiced today.

The domestic league is in shambles because no one has sat down to craft a workable league. How, for example, do you have a league with 28 teams? A lot of work needs to be done obviously. They can start with a limited number of teams, say 12 - 14, located in viable locations, fully privatized, each owned by rich individuals or consortiums (corporations a possibility), provide functional safe and secure facilities, doing real marketing, introducing merchandizing and tv, bringing back Nigeria's best players leading to a successful league which will relegate the European leagues to second place. But this will require work.

Having said that, allow me to caution against being too quick to dismiss ideas because at first glance they seem imperfect. If the much-desired progress is to be made in Nigeria and Africa, it's going start by accepting promising ideas that are not necessarily perfect when initially presented. By constantly modifying and tweaking them they become more and more acceptable. The things people admire in the developed world were not perfect on Day 1 and they continue to get worked on even today.
Bell
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

ohenhen1 wrote:Wow, he goes on a 6 month loan move and they want to kick him off the SE team.

A 20 year old Goalkeeper that is still trying to establish himself. It takes time for Goalkeepers to develop.

That's a backward mover regardless of his age. It would have been even better if moved to the Nigerian league. Playing time Cyprus will not improve him one bit. This move is like yemibrassiere moving from McDonald as a fryer person to Walmart as a cashier!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

1naija wrote:

That's a backward mover regardless of his age. It would have been even better if moved to the Nigerian league. Playing time Cyprus will not improve him one bit. This move is like yemibrassiere moving from McDonald as a fryer person to Walmart as a cashier!
More like Mr. Biggs to Whataburger fry cook.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Totally confused by the negativity of this thread.

I remember watching Enyeama 18 years ago and marvelling at both the raw talent and the capacity for self-destruction. Like most goalkeepers, he took his time, got the games in and eventually become one of the world’s top keepers.

Uzoho is 20. Give him time. And let him do whatever it takes to get playing time.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

john12 wrote:Nigerians single handedly destroyed uzoho image. I know that agents/clubs are skeptical about giving the young man a chance. They believe that he is already old and has no room for improvement SMH at Nigerians.
If the guy is good enough, nothing anyone says about him would hinder his progress. He's not the first or last player to be criticized.

Bottom-line is if he failed to deliver on the field then that's largely on him.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Uzoho is mediocre. The worst thing that can happen to Nigerian football is if Uzoho goes to the ANC as our #1 and Nigeria does relatively well. That would perpetuate mediocrity on the national team :!:

Cheers.
I don't think it's really about whether he's mediocre; it's probably more about if he's the best option we have.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

theYemster wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Uzoho is mediocre. The worst thing that can happen to Nigerian football is if Uzoho goes to the ANC as our #1 and Nigeria does relatively well. That would perpetuate mediocrity on the national team :!:

Cheers.
I don't think it's really about whether he's mediocre; it's probably more about if he's the best option we have.
Not the best option we have!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Obong wrote:

I'll let Enyeama ruin your weekend....
:lol: :lol: :lol:

LMAOO @ "ruin your weekend." Never forget: I ruined your summer (2018) and I ruined Enyeama's summer (2018) and future plans! :lol:

Unfortunately, for you, Enyeama is yesterday's man. No one thinks about him these days.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:According to complete sports

Very dissapointing for our #1 goalkeeper.

We need to be looking at other options.
Oh well
Nosa Igiebor is playing for the same team...........................the team got some CL 'pedigree'.
Champions League 2008–09
Main article: 2008–09 Anorthosis Famagusta F.C. season

After winning the domestic league 2007–08, Anorthosis qualified for the 2008–09 UEFA Champions League Group Stage, over-running Armenian Champions FC Pyunik, Austrian Champions Rapid Wien and Greek Champions Olympiacos in the qualifying rounds. :thumbs: :thumbs:

This allowed the team to qualify for the Group Stage of the Champions League, the first time for a Cypriot team.
In the group stage, they earned their first point following a 0-0[5] away draw with Werder Bremen, then got their first win beating Panathinaikos FC 3-1[6] while Hawar Mulla Mohammed became the first Iraqi player to score in the UEFA Champions League, although they lost to Inter Milan 1-0[7] at San Siro, they drew 3-3 in GSP Stadium. In their fifth Champions League game, Anorthosis had a chance to make it to the knock-out stage if they would have won against Werder Bremen. Anorthosis went up 2-0, but in the second half Diego made the score 2-1, and minutes before the match ended, Hugo Almeida managed to equalise for Bremen, and the match finished 2-2. Anorthosis still had a chance to get into the knock-out stage in the final match against Panathinaikos if they would have won. However, during the last game they lost 1-0 away to Panathinaikos. Inter (who had already qualified for the next stage) lost 2-1 to Bremen, meaning that Anorthosis finished fourth – missing out on a consolation UEFA Cup place.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anorthosis_Famagusta_FC
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

waka-man wrote:Totally confused by the negativity of this thread.

I remember watching Enyeama 18 years ago and marvelling at both the raw talent and the capacity for self-destruction. Like most goalkeepers, he took his time, got the games in and eventually become one of the world’s top keepers.

Uzoho is 20. Give him time. And let him do whatever it takes to get playing time.
Then you dont know Nigerians.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

jette1 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
mcal wrote:...as long as he is between the goal post every week playing for (a) club, don't care if it's a practice squad. Anything to keep him sharp vs sitting on the bench every week.
Abi o. Mugus hear
Cyprus and they start threading like a tailor. :laugh: no one has mentioned the name of the team or terms the of his move. Was it a loan or a permanent move?
tell me the last time Cyprus even ever qualified to compete in anything organized by fifa. are they even middle east or Europe which one
Google Cyprus league and stop this buffoonery.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

He kept a clean sheet on his debut today.
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote:He kept a clean sheet on his debut today.
Thanks for the update

:clap: :clap:
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

theYemster wrote:

Cheers.
Not even close to it. If we set sentiments aside and applied a little logic, I don’t see how anyone can be so optimistic about someone who conceded a ton of goals leading up to the World Cup when the man who got us through the qualifiers hardly conceded. The one goal that got past him would have been a hard sell for any of the worlds top goalies. Abeg, let’s get real :!:

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
theYemster wrote:

Cheers.
Not even close to it. If we set sentiments aside and applied a little logic, I don’t see how anyone can be so optimistic about someone who conceded a ton of goals leading up to the World Cup when the man who got us through the qualifiers hardly conceded. The one goal that got past him would have been a hard sell for any of the worlds top goalies. Abeg, let’s get real :!:

What kind of twisted logic is this? Uzoho concede vs the best teams in the world not Zambia and Algeria.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
theYemster wrote:

Cheers.

Cheers.
We went through 3 keepers during WC qualifying from Ikeme to Akpeyi to Ezenwa. The last two didn’t really inspire confidence and they all conceded...Ikeme vs Zambia, Ezenwa conceded in 2 of the four games he played (Cameroon and Algeria return legs). Akpeyi conceded in the one WCQ game he played against Algeria, also 2 in the ANC qualifier vs South Africa, one in the first half vs Argentina in the friendly which Uzoho took over and kept a clean sheet in the second half. I don’t know how we can say the alternatives are clearly better than Uzoho given these facts. One can argue he has the biggest upside sha, but none of them is ideal or clearly the favorite.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!