Bendel Insurance is back folks!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Bendel Insurance is back folks!

Post by Waffiman »

txj wrote:As a Rangers fan, I will never ever forget the pain of that FA Cup loss. Especially the 3rd goal...

Kai!

I can still hear Ogboe saying, Agboifo, Agboifo...., Muweyo....

Damn! Gaddem!!! :veryangry: :veryangry:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You forget Peter Egharevba, he and Teke Teke (Ogboe) scored 2 each before half time.

Our team.

Alex Nnaji – David Adiele, Francis Moniedafe, Leotis Boateng, Kadiri Ikhana – Felix Agboinfo (cpt), George Omokaro – Christopher Ogu, Peter Egharevba, Henry Ogboe, and Rufus Ejele (65th Ebenezer Badger).
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

Waffiman wrote:
txj wrote:As a Rangers fan, I will never ever forget the pain of that FA Cup loss. Especially the 3rd goal...

Kai!

You forget Peter Egharevba, he and Teke Teke (Ogboe) scored 2 each before half time.

Our team.

Alex Nnaji – David Adiele, Francis Moniedafe, Leotis Boateng, Kadiri Ikhana – Felix Agbonifo (cpt), George Omokaro – Christopher Ogu, Peter Egharevba, Henry Ogboe, and Rufus Ejele (65th Ebenezer Badger).
That was my cousin from my mother's side.
Unfortunately, I never get to see him live. Was in the US long by then.
Can somebody please describe his exploits... .Waffiman, Sir V, Megapro, ... oya abeg!!
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Kai!

What was Ogboe’s first name :?:

Cheers.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:

Kai!

What was Ogboe’s first name :?:

Cheers.

Henry
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Waffiman wrote:

Kai!

Our team.

Alex Nnaji – David Adiele, Francis Moniedafe, Leotis Boateng, Kadiri Ikhana – Felix Agboinfo (cpt), George Omokaro – Christopher Ogu, Peter Egharevba, Henry Ogboe, and Rufus Ejele (65th Ebenezer Badger).
1 each

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

i was at the sports city for the the revenge game the following year. 2- zip
one by new Rangers starlet - young onyedika. but i dey small that time so dont crucify me if i no remember detail well well
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

Polly wrote:

Kai!

You are talking about 1978. Wonderful achievement for Insurance. Ogboe at his peak; he was pointing to his legendary left leg after he smashed that shot past Emmanuel Okala. (Muoweyo: Put leg! Put ya leg!! Tackle hard!!!)

Abeg no come make my friend Oloye vex for me again o!
:clap: :clap:

Muweyo from Ogboe to Agonifo is more like mumwenyo which is 'put me on' (through pass)

Same game
Okala to CCC
'Chukwu, Ogboe na bia, Ogboe na bia'

Same game
Ernest Okonkwo
After the second goal
'I can see the cup already at Ore'

Same game
Ernest Okonkwo
After the third goal
'Rangers have not only been beaten, they've been battered'

'Rangers have come, have seen, and have been conquered'

I was at the Lobi game in Uniben Monday. Also saw Kwara game

ALL goals of Insurance have been scored by Charles Omokaro. This is his 20th year in the national league
He was also the leading scorer in Super 8.
His father George Omokaro held the midfield for Insurance in that 78 final

Another player that day
Peter Egharevba
Four of his dons gave played for different age levels of the National team including Super eagles. Record!

Megapro
megapro 2012:
Keshi should be left alone to continue his program, and seriously has a chance of casting his name in gold
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

megapro wrote:
Polly wrote:

Kai!

You are talking about 1978. Wonderful achievement for Insurance. Ogboe at his peak; he was pointing to his legendary left leg after he smashed that shot past Emmanuel Okala. (Muoweyo: Put leg! Put ya leg!! Tackle hard!!!)

Muweyo from Ogboe to Agonifo is more like mumwenyo which is 'put me on' (through pass)

Same game
Okala to CCC
'Chukwu, Ogboe na bia, Ogboe na bia'

Same game
Ernest Okonkwo
After the second goal
'I can see the cup already at Ore'

Same game
Ernest Okonkwo
After the third goal
'Rangers have not only been beaten, they've been battered'

'Rangers have come, have seen, and have been conquered'

ALL goals of Insurance have been scored by Charles Omokaro. This is his 20th year in the national league
His father George Omokaro held the midfield for Insurance in that 78 final

Another player that day
Peter Egharevba
Four of his dons gave played for different age levels of the National team including Super eagles. Record!

Megapro

You are now a commentator...nonsense!!

I no be Owi Edo; but you are right that's what Ogboe said...son of a gun, with that wicked left foot...

Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

megapro wrote:
Polly wrote:

Kai!

On second thoughts, that sounds about right. Pity there is no video record of the exploits of Ogboe's left foot!

UNIBEN has a facility good enough for a Premier League game? I thought Ogbe was Insurance' home turf?

This guy must be about 40 years old then?

Another player that day
Peter Egharevba
Four of his dons gave played for different age levels of the National team including Super eagles. Record
!
Some people allege that Egharevba is the real father of Victor Moses.
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

:D Mega I know say you go show! You never tell people here how I take over when I land una club see skills. We go soon see sha
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

A word about charly Omokaro, I don’t know how he does it. That boy no be small pikin o
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Anytime I think Insurance ...na 1980 and na Sam Okpodu !!

Wey that short man dey ? ( btw I short too oh , but tall pass am :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: )... Loved him

I don find am oooo...

Chai... Google na sweet thing ..
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Anytime I think Insurance ...na 1980 and na Sam Okpodu !!

Wey that short man dey ? ( btw I short too oh , but tall pass am :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: )... Loved him

I don find am oooo...

Chai... Google na sweet thing ..
I lived for those moments in any match when, without fail, he brought total mayhem into the 18 of the opposing team. Pity we lack videos from those days. He was a special talent.
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

Una own too go far jor. What of the days of Mfon Bassey or Monday Agbontaen a.k.a Kakaraka in the 90s. Then the great skippo Roland Ewere
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

Then the short spell of alias Ebo (meaning Oyibo). Guess who that was?
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Bendel Insurance are a throwback to Nigerian football antiquity. What became of those corporate backed Nigerian football teams of old? Leventis United, New Nigerian Bank, Union Bank, Abiola Babes, Iwuanyanwu Nationale etc? Seems that corporate/private ownership has been replaced by state club ownership.